TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Stargate SG-1 characters

Discuss....

Daniel Jackson- introverted thinking? Ethical?

Cameron Mitchell- ??

Samantha Carter- ???

Teal'c- rational?

Jack O'Neal - Extroverted thinking?

Vala- some kind of horny gamma?!?!
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mean that one who has a crush on Sam throughout? Oh god, I am suffering from terminal nerd infliction.

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Dan is an alpha. That's cool, coz I like his character. And Teal'c "the Judge" is all kinds of awesome.

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to say Teal'c is ISFp then, but has been beaten down over time so as not to show emotion to others. I totally get him.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daniel Jackson - XII... I want to say EII...

Cameron Mitchell - who? I don't watch the show much.

Samantha Carter - Perhaps ILE.

Teal'c - ISTj? I don't want to say that... but don't know what else to say.

Jack O'Neal - ESI

Ahem. It's another one of my ESI typings... Here are some other people/characters for whom I've considered the ESI typing in the forum: both Adamas on BSG, Sayid on Lost (that's actually valid), my mom (before I decided ESE instead), my grandma (who I still think is ESI), Dr. Cox on Scrubs, T'pol from Star Trek Enterprise (though I thought EII>ESI... cough), Niffweed's dad (who he has typed SLI), the woman in Expat's avatar (Yulia Timoshenko, actually LIE), as well as Statue #4 (the Emperor Trajan, who Expat thought was EIE...). I also think Dr. McCoy is an ESI, though I don't think I've ever said so.

Then there was Meg Ryan who may actually be an ESI... but I made a point about why I didn't think she was SEE... and thought she might have an Fe PoLR... and then said I could see her as ILI. Soon after, I made another post saying something like "oops! I forgot ESI was the other Gamma SF!" (So... when someone actually is ESI, I forget the type even exists... )

Suffice it to say, ESI is this weird type (in my head) that I seem to want to type everyone as (or at least not leave it out of consideration - god forbid!)... I'm not sure when I'll stop thinking everyone is ESI. I find it terribly amusing.

Vala - who? lol

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My experience with the show is kind of peripheral. My ISFj sister watched the show religiously (she's seen it all. Twice), so I've seen maybe ten or so episodes. Her favorite character was Sam.

I have to say I identified with Daniel a whole lot. Definitely see INxj there, but I always fancied that if I were a part of the military exploring various parts of the universe, well, I'd fill a similar role as he does. I liked Jack's character quite a bit as well. Funny guy.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vala.....she came into it in like...season 8. She's that crazy horny one who has a thing for Daniel Jackson and hijacks the Promethius to make some sort of trade for profit. I kinda like her, in that I can laugh at her antics.

I also found this for more info on the internets. God it is boring in here today.
    http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/c...oranvala.shtml

Creepy-bg

Valla was also Aeryn Sun on Farscape

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was going to say that, but thought it was too nerdy!

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The guy who replaces O'neill on SG-1 team is also from Farscape

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know all of this except their actual names.

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amanda Tapping, Claudia Black, etc......oh god I am so sad!!!!

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by bee View Post
    Amanda Tapping, Claudia Black, etc......oh god I am so sad!!!!
    if it makes you feel any better I knew that too

btw as much as I like Stargate...

Gigi > all of them

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I liked her character.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    ^I liked her character.
    !!! Chiana ftw totally!

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She was my fave!!!!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i only just started watching this, but jack o'neill is very distinctly LSI: he's aggressive, cantankerous, stoic, and completely immune to emotional oppenness. and he's crazy. he reminds me of user jimbean.

teal'c might be SLI.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Niffweed's dad (who he has typed SLI)
    umm wth.

why? i'm listening.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread intrigues me. I liked the movie Stargate, but never gave too much thought to Stargate SG-1 as a show. I may have to check it out now.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    This thread intrigues me. I liked the movie Stargate, but never gave too much thought to Stargate SG-1 as a show. I may have to check it out now.
    It's a good show, I didn't start watching it until it was into nightly reruns, but once I got into it... it's allright. Not really as mind stretching or original as Farscape or Lexx or other Scifi... but it's good solid TV

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    umm wth.

why? i'm listening.
    That was back in the "old" forum when you started a type thread for him. I don't remember my reason, but I'm pretty sure I said he might be ESI.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that I've watched a season and have some feel for the nature of the characters.

Daniel Jackson:
    LII
    - Ti Leading/Fi Role: Although it could be explained as his anthropology background, he mostly tries not to interfere in civilizations even when there are perceived moral problems. Instead he spends his time trying to figure out the theoretical system of civilizations both ancient and modern.
    - Se PoLR: No where close to even being an Se Role, Se is almost a means of last resort and nothing that really seems to register to him.

Jack O'Neill: LSI
    - Se creative: restrained and conscious use of the application of force and awareness of tangible surroundings.
    - Ne PoLR: Kind of "shuts off" when Daniel breaks out into a rant of Ne until Daniel's ranting "materializes" in a Ni manner.
    - Uses leading Ti in a deductive manner.

Samantha Carter: LSE
    - Fi > Fe: She often has a verbal ethical set of responses or reactions to various issues that surface.
    - Te leading and rational: She is largely concerned with scientific explanations that are grounded more in external dynamics.
    - Ni PoLR: Tied in with the Fi > Fe above, she has a habit it seems of acting in response to a violation of Fi before she thinks and the rest of the group has to fix her mess.

Teal'c: SLI
    - Fe PoLR: It just does not register with him which is actually different from other Jaffas who do seem more Fe responsive.
    - Strong Se: It appears to be used confidently but the way in which he uses it suggests that it is undervalued.
    - IP Temperament
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Stargate: SG-1

I've been watching this lately. I think the characters are probably a poorer representation of actual people/types than many fictional characters, but I'm still curious as to what types people think they are. Any thoughts?

Jack O'Neill
    Daniel Jackson
    Samantha Carter
    Teal'c
    George S. Hammond
    Janet Fraiser

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I kind of liked this show in the past. I'm not really sure about all the characters, but if it's a Delta show then

Jack O'Neill: ESTj

Daniel Jackson: INFj

Teal'c: ISTp

I don't have an opinion on the types of the other characters.

I haven't seen this show in many years... and either way, I could very well be wrong about these typings.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack: Any sensory type besides Alpha. Heck, I'd even buy that he's a jackass of an SEE.
    Carter: No idea. Most of what she says and does seems more a result of her intelligence and training than her personality or type. Probably not Se ego.
    Daniel Jackson: Ne ego
    Teal'c: LSI seems like a reasonable choice, but SLI could work, too. It seems like he and Jack have better chemistry than any other two people on the show.
    Hammond: LSE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, thank you.

agape, why do you think it's a Delta show? I'm not disagreeing, just wondering.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not really sure. Although I haven't watched the show much in years, my impression is that it's more Ne/Si as opposed to Se/Ni. I could be wrong. It could be a combination of Delta and Alpha... possibly. Some shows might have characters from 3 (or even all of the) quadras... Yet there's usually something that's more pronounced (especially among the core characters)... be it Judicious (Ne/Si) or Decisive (Se/Ni), or Merry (Fe/Ti) or Serious (Te/Fi)...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, it does seem like the show itself tends to favor Ne over Se and Fi over Ti. Jack often makes snap decisions, but the show presents it as a quirk or possibly even a flaw he has. When it works out well, it's usually because he got lucky or had some information that we/they didn't know about.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jonas Quinn looks like a lesbian.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want McKay (SG:Atlantis) on my team.

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I've been watching Stargate and kind of been subconsciously seeing O'neill as LSE, without thinking about it and then I decided to think about it and now I guess I've got an opinion on all the main characters. Here's a bit different take,

Daniel - perhaps LII, his Fi seems more role related, like he has to translate what he's thinking into something that doesn't offend people or goes against some kind of value or custom. His character often seems a bit frustrated by this. He's a bit reserved, but critical, questioning, tries to understand first, act second. I think his character plays an EII role with O'Neill in terms of the show's writing and how they engage the ethical questions of their actions, especially the episode "The Other Side", where Daniel plays Devil's Advocate and Carter stares at O'neill at the end of the episode.
    edit: on second thought, maybe he's EII with an LII role. He's too good at and concerned with mediating. I don't know. Maybe he's both.

O'Neill seems - LSE, very sarcastic humor. There's a theme of strongly valuing bonds with friends and allies and there's a constant theme of needing help with getting the ethics of what he's doing or aims to do all worked out. Deals with a lot of ethical problems/issues from achieving his aims, but is very practical minded and seeks action where he doesn't have to work out the abstract or logical meaning of what's going on or think about the ethics too much; prefers others to do that for him and give him the result and doesn't have a lot of patience for it in general. I think they overstated this to make his character kind of funny in how he admits he's kind of stupid compared to Daniel and Carter. But really he's just very practical minded.

Teal'c - I get why people would say SLI, but it seems like his personality is defined more by subjective evaluation, rather than subjective perception. From his facial expressions that show his approval or disapproval in social interactions to how he follows SGC because he believes ethically that they are worth following, he seems to have the rather stoic Fi thing going on about him and he seems to follow SGC because he deems them worthy of stopping their common enemy (Te seeking?). I think maybe his character is ESI with some kind of IP way about him on the show.

Major/Captain Carter - I can't really explain it, but she feels kind of ILE to me. She has the Ne love of learning and coming up with alternatives for dealing with their situation and has a kind of relaxed Fe way about her in social situations, like she's not too heavy with having strong feelings about people. And Ti because she loves to explain and understand things. I think maybe ILE. Her character feels the most natural in terms of stable writing. I don't get the sense this character is meant to play other roles for the other characters, except for the romance stuff. Then again I've only seen seasons 1 to 3. In terms of ethical considerations she seems to consider them more from an abstract standpoint, like she's not really invested all that much mentally in one outcome or the other, but instead makes a point or backs up Daniel on ethical considerations to inform the other members of the team, so they can decide. So I could see Fi polr here.

General Hammond - It's hard to type a character like this because he's more of a periphery character. But I want to say he's playing an ST type role as General. Perhaps LSI or LSE, but probably not SLE and not SLI. There are times where Jack's character is greatly concerned with making the right ethical decisions, whereas the General seems less bothered by this and will make a decision based on what he thinks is more important or by doing some kind of risk analysis, rather than purely considering what's more ethical. I think this is more evident in Colonel Maybourne's character that doesn't seem to care at all and is probably a more psychopathic/sociopathic form of Ti (possibly a pychopathic SLE). So maybe that points to Ti valued (and perhaps LSI) in the General's character, rather than Te valued. But this is more of an observation, rather than a conclusion.
    Last edited by Nobody; 01-12-2021 at 12:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Just rename this place Beta Central lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.