Thread: ENTps and time management

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ENTps and time management

I'm HORRIBLE with time. Any other ENTps have this problem?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that a perceptive trait? Or poor Ni?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Creepy-ENTp M

Default Time Management. What's that?

I don't manage time worth a damn. I've been that way my whole life. Usually have to get things done by a deadline. So I figure out all the steps that have to happen to do anything "big", and then set a deadline for every step. I'm always right at the deadline and then "rally" my energy to get it all done in a blitz. It's the only way I can get anything done that's more complicated than "day to day" stuff. It took me awhile to figure that out. I think my problem is that I've been so successful pulling off the big last minute rally, that I just don't even have interest in plodding through anything anymore. I wish I could, but my ADHD lifestyle just won't allow it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Is that a perceptive trait? Or poor Ni?"

It can be both. If poor time management is due to the inability to plan out work ahead of time, then it is because of irrationality. (And notice that I said "inability" not "lack of desire." MBTI confused the two things and now all P types are lazy...) If work is planned out ahead of time but somehow extra work just comes creeping out of nowhere, giving the feeling that there isn't enough time, then it is because of weak Ni.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTps and time management

OXYMORON

Heh, I can organize myself when I get into mode. I actually have strengthened my quite a bit from doing mathematical proofs and carpentry in highschool. Hate carpentry. So boring. Also, I think I found out how to recognize and "unlock" my weaker functions consciously.

Anyway, yeah.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i fail at time management when i mistakenly think i can get too much done in too little time, and don't allow myself buffer time just in case shit happens

I'm like the worse ever at time management. I can't seem to remember being on time for anything. Over the years I have kind of developed the attitude of "I do things on my own terms," which pisses some people off. I try to be on time. I really do. It's always something stupid.

I guess it is an underestimation on how long it takes to do things, while also adding things I think I need to do. Whenever I go over to my ESTp friend's place to hang, he always calls me asking where am I. I say I'm on my way, then he shoots back saying that was an hour ago and to hurry up. This past Thursday is a prime example.

Me and my other friend, who I'm pretty sure is ISFp, were going over my ESTp friend's place for a night of drinking. Well, I ended up being late for several reasons. I felt I needed to check some things on the internet real quick. Then it was time to gather the things I wanted to take over there. I grabbed my Mace Windu and Darth Vader force fx lightsabers because getting drunk and playing with lightsabers in a small appartment is worlds of fun. All ready to go right? Nope. I did not bring my keys down. I handed the lightsabers to my friend and ran back up the stairs to get my keys. Got the keys, time to go.

Not yet. I got a great idea that it might be also fun to be drink while watching Star Wars Episode 3, and Family Guy. I grabbed those went back down stairs. As I was about to finally leave, I rememberd that my Star Wars dvd is not in the case, but in my computer. So, I got back to my room to get the disc. I come back down, and I say to much bebewilderment "Where is my Mace Windu lightsaber?" My friend informs me that I took it back upstairs with me when I went to get the movies. I was are you sure? I did. Fuck!

After everything was straighten up, my friend asks me "Got everything now." I shoot back "Oh yeah, my digital camcorder!"

So, yeah. I'm really bad off.
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best means of time management is being able to handle and conclude the problem at the same time. Any lingering of an issue bores me, and the more time that I have to prepare, the greater I will procrastinate. I think that ENTps will make good troubleshooters (ergo Employee Relations) where immediate fires can be handled.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the task is not very interesting, I'm in trouble with gettin it done. At least done in time, often at all.
    When in the SJ corporate world, where you have to meet the deadlines to not to get sacked, I also do something like this:
    Quote Originally Posted by ENTP M
    So I figure out all the steps that have to happen to do anything "big", and then set a deadline for every step.
    ENTP

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, see, ENTps are bad at time management because telling time is a thing.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have absolutely no concept of time. I'm ALWAYS late, I'm ALWAYS procrastinating and I'm always feeling bad for it.

Its so easy to say, just don't do it. But when you don't have someone around you giving you a little nudge, I at least, am always in a rush and cursing at myself.

I always seem to underestimate the time its going to take me to do something too. I think I want to get it done faster so I give the ideal time rather than the actual time.
    Polly
    ENTP

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I can take on more projects than I really have time for. I underestimate the amount of time something will take, because of how quickly I can grasp what needs to be done.

I'm usually at least a little late.

I procrastinate on things I don't enjoy. Then, hurry up, it's due . . . ehhh, that's good enough.

Bleah!
    Entp
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    I think I can take on more projects than I really have time for.
    Yup, that's an ENTp problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    No, see, ENTps are bad at time management because telling time is a Extraverted Thinking thing.
    You might be right, but almost all INTps I know are major procrastinators, too. At the same time, they are sooo damn good at it.... I take that back, not all of them are that good - some try to be big bad procrastinating hot shots, and the shot themselves in the foot.

---

I think one of my teachers is an ENTp, and he has an amazing "concept" of time. In other words, he can tell you what time it is, down to the minute without looking at a clock. I almost wonder if he really looks at someone's watch and then says asks if the time is XX:XX a minute later. He's always right, but there's a chance he might not be ENTp.
    INTj
    "... the present is too much for the senses, too crowding, too confusing, too present to imagine" - RF

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm awful with time. I always find myself looking at the clock at JUST the right time for me to be 5 minutes late. Funny how that works.

I think it's more likely a perceptive trait, especially since it involves and the only perceiving types that have strong have it as a creative (conscious) function, which would meaqn it's more concerned with what they're doing, and less with external factors. If your work involves keeping precise records of time, then perhaps you would excel, but less likely so if we're just talking about being on time for class, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    Also, I think I found out how to recognize and "unlock" my weaker functions consciously.
    Talk about this.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlendieOfIndie
    Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    No, see, ENTps are bad at time management because telling time is a Extraverted Thinking thing.
    You might be right, but almost all INTps I know are major procrastinators, too. At the same time, they are sooo damn good at it.... I take that back, not all of them are that good - some try to be big bad procrastinating hot shots, and the shot themselves in the foot.
    Yes, that's true, but it was supposed to be an insult. Like, ENTps can't tell time, that's why they can't manage time.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I once was going to take this course offered through work designed for procrastinators but I procrastinated and didn't register on time

For something like that, they should send out tons of reminders and just let you show up (and 5 minutes late at that - but don't tell you they expect you to be 5 minutes late or you'll actually be 10).
    Polly
    ENTP

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL that's ironic like forgetting to take your ADD meds or being late for an appointment with your brain doc
    SEE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time = bane of my existance. I was so good back in high school when I had everyone else doing my work for me... but you can get expelled in college for doing that... I still find people to do my work though (surprisingly) but it always turns out that they did it all wrong and I have to fix all thier errors. Then they get mad at me for doing better then them on the homework that they did.

Sorry, that was off topic. Time. I find myself skipping classes when papers are due and not "feeling" like doing it all the night before haha. God bless our weary souls.
    ENTP, or at least that is the type that allows me to make the most excuses...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps this is an alpha thing? Other than the xSxjs of course... they are the exception to every quadra. Or perhaps it's the ExSx... *ponders*
    SEE