TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Creating a Delta Commune

Based on the Delta community idea.

Rooms, chores...which ones do you guys want?
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to provide sex.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    Based on the Delta community idea.

Rooms, chores...which ones do you guys want?
    (This sounds a bit like that Alpha topic, but)

I'd like my own room, please. Something with windows and a door.

As far as chores... some sort of rotation would probably be good, with allowances for individual schedules and strengths. I'm unavailable on Thursdays and Fridays and I'm probably better at cleaning than accounting.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    (This sounds a bit like that Alpha topic, but)

I'd like my own room, please. Something with windows and a door.

As far as chores... some sort of rotation would probably be good, with allowances for individual schedules and strengths. I'm unavailable on Thursdays and Fridays and I'm probably better at cleaning than accounting.
    If you're talking about the study chamber, we are more than a large bathroom.

K. Good idea on the chores. Anyone want to draw up a chart?
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're talking about the study chamber, we are more than a large bathroom.

K. Good idea on the chores. Anyone want to draw up a chart?
    We should figure out what we need first.

Also, can we have different sections? Like the silly section, for being... silly? And a serious section, for when people want to be quiet and reflective? A garden, too. And a garage for working on machines. A kitchen (with a pantry!). A library. A computer room, with maybe a media room attached to it. Etc. What do you think?
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should figure out what we need first.

Also, can we have different sections? Like the silly section, for being... silly? And a serious section, for when people want to be quiet and reflective? A garden, too. And a garage for working on machines. A kitchen (with a pantry!). A library. A computer room, with maybe a media room attached to it. Etc. What do you think?
    OK...what do we need?

Sounds good to me. We have as much room as we need.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*knows nothing* I've seen the Alpha Study Chamber, but I haven't followed its progression. I was more thinking of a role-playing sort of thing, anyway.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK...what do we need?

Sounds good to me. We have as much room as we need.
    Good question. I'm not entirely sure on that. A lot of it probably depends on what sort of rooms and activities we have. For example, if there's a garden, who's in charge of or wants to water, weed, feed, etc. it?

In any case, we'll probably need dish-washing, laundry, vacuuming/sweeping/mopping, and garbage disposal.

Actually, a lot of the official chores could be reduced if we just had the general rule of "Clean up after yourself."

Eh, I don't know. Just offering ideas here.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beach access and maybe a nice woods/mountain nearby. Some sort of a nice island, Delta Island or something maybe.

There should be a gym as well, perhaps a pool. Maybe a jacuzzi.

Also, the house should ideally be very green, in terms of reusable energy. Solar panels, etc.

Perhaps a garden, yes, like Minde said, with some vegetables and fruits growing in it, aside from flowers.

I'll take a room in the quietest part of the house, so that when I want to have quiet to sleep it is there - and when I want to talk and be with other people I can do that in a larger community room or something like that.

There should also be nature walks, maybe some yoga classes. I will bring frisbees, you can count on that.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good question. I'm not entirely sure on that. A lot of it probably depends on what sort of rooms and activities we have. For example, if there's a garden, who's in charge of or wants to water, weed, feed, etc. it?

In any case, we'll probably need dish-washing, laundry, vacuuming/sweeping/mopping, and garbage disposal.

Actually, a lot of the official chores could be reduced if we just had the general rule of "Clean up after yourself."

Eh, I don't know. Just offering ideas here.
    *nods* Yeah. I hadn't thought about all that.

Hey, you're doing much better than I am. If we could find the practical Delta STs, we'd be in even better shape...

Ahem. Cyclops, LV! Where are you two?
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, you're doing much better than I am. If we could find the practical Delta STs, we'd be in even better shape...

Yeah, I think we can come up with some great ideas, but we need people who can actually make it happen.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Subcommittees work.
    As much stuff will get done as there is a proportional amount of critical interest. If people want a garden, they can get together and do it. It will only be as big as they sustain, and they can try to get other people involved. If it takes off, more will be involved, and the garden will be bigger.

There can be a general meeting once a week or however people decide it, if they want, to discuss things (for subcoms to talk to each other about what they do, or go over general living issues/news). You can have autonomy if you want, but if you really want to do stuff that will take coordination, thus some form of a meeting of interested parties to discuss the matters.

All is dependent on who is there, and what they want to do, and how motivated they are/how much they care about something.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, i'm too busy in my room.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'll do the cooking if yous guys are quiet and let me listen to the radio.
    asd

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll do what I usually do, which is, make sure that everything we actually needs to do
    actually gets done. I will not be on everyone's best terms, but what else is new - and the commune will actually be sustainable and functioning. Aside from that I'll do my own thing. Sounds like a win/win situation to me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we also have a small studio / rehearsal room for people to make and play and teach music?

and I think heath would make a good cook.... peanuts, eggs and rice... mmmm!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if we are going to have live music *nudge nudge* we should probably also have a dance floor of some sort.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

make sure its not one of those Fe/Se things though

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    I want to provide sex.
    Good. And I will provide BJs, since that is my specialty. . .

(Oh my god, totally joking! I can't believe I just said that.)
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Christy B View Post
    (Oh my god, totally joking! I can't believe I just said that.)
    You cant retract your offer now! Im first in line Christy

Minde can we grow some dope in your garden? I will water it..

I was thinking we need like tennis, basketball, volleyball, squash, badminton courts etc for entertainment. Foosballs and pool tables aswell. A gym and an olympic sized pool too. I am happy to use them if someone else takes care of them
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    Minde can we grow some dope in your garden? I will water it..
    That's illegal. And, I see no good reason for it. So, no.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's illegal. And, I see no good reason for it. So, no.
    Not in Australia. You can grow it for personal use, a few plants. A good reason would be for smoking!
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not in Australia. You can grow it for personal use, a few plants. A good reason would be for smoking!
    Well, ok, then. But still not in my garden. You can have your own plot.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's grow some cannabis meatburger

Creepy-Cyclops

Hey..sorry not been around..was just away checkin some info and some supplies..I reckon we could make a little adventure course/park in that forest with the river we got next to us..you know abseiling, white water rafting, some climbing in the hills and the ravines there..dunno could be fun for an activity day here and there and some good outdoors stuff!

And in regards to the cannabis, it's purely for pain relief purposes, yeah?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

abseiling
    What's that??

I wanna live in the garden tooooo! As long as there's a hammock there.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    What's that??
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, cool! I've only heard it called rappelling. We have quite an exciting commune

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, my...this is gonna be one big place. So much at once...*brain approaches overload* Alright...who wants to get all this info in one spot?

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Sorry, i'm too busy in my room.

*punches LV in the arm, then laughs* You have to surface sometime, for the fact that you have to eat, if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by heath View Post
    i'll do the cooking if yous guys are quiet and let me listen to the radio.
    I don't know how quiet things will be. Still, have at. Perhaps you should invest in a pair of noise-cancelling headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    I'll do what I usually do, which is, make sure that everything we actually needs to do
    actually gets done. I will not be on everyone's best terms, but what else is new - and the commune will actually be sustainable and functioning. Aside from that I'll do my own thing. Sounds like a win/win situation to me.
    Sounds good. I'm pretty bad at getting done what actually needs to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Hey..sorry not been around..was just away checkin some info and some supplies..I reckon we could make a little adventure course/park in that forest with the river we got next to us..you know abseiling, white water rafting, some climbing in the hills and the ravines there..dunno could be fun for an activity day here and there and some good outdoors stuff!

And in regards to the cannabis, it's purely for pain relief purposes, yeah?
    No problem. Wow, this is gonna be big.

Tch, not necessarily. Y'all stay downwind.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always wanted to open up a brewery.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    There's some fantastic real ales where I stay. And i've really got my best friend INFj right into them. There's the Paisley beer festival in four weeks..biggest in Scotland, over a hundred real ales. I'll take pictures of my friends and I for some fun and some ideas!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*punches LV in the arm, then laughs* You have to surface sometime, for the fact that you have to eat, if nothing else.
    Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You cant retract your offer now! Im first in line Christy
    Oh sh*t! There's a line. Gross. I take it back!!!!!!!
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every two weeks or so we should do some volunteer work, or habitat for humanity or something like that. It would be good for the commune to directly work together; team building. And it would make our commune seem like a caring, concerned, advanced community.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    And it would make our commune seem like a caring, concerned, advanced community.

Good idea UDP, but why should we care if we SEEM like a caring, concerned, advanced community? Shouldn't we just try to be one?
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shouldn't we just let the commune work itself out naturally? While all of us would be deltas i'm sure not all of us would be interested in the outdoors or embroidery.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shouldn't we just let the commune work itself out naturally? While all of us would be deltas i'm sure not all of us would be interested in the outdoors or embroidery.
    Yeah. Not interested in embroidery. I like the outdoors, but nothing too rigorous. I kind of like just wandering around in it.
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

Creepy-Cyclops

This whole embroidery thing.. I take it we don't have to make our own clothes? We can still buy stuff, yeah?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fine bad example, you guys get the point though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fine bad example, you guys get the point though.
    Oh. I thought someone actually suggested it! Hahaha. Well then, point taken! : )
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast