Thread: Redneckiness, how is it more related to --- (SP Four) than --+ (SP Eight)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Redneckiness, how is it more related to --- (SP Four) than --+ (SP Eight)

- Rednecks are all beer junkies

- Rednecks like to fight in bars, because they're lunatic

- Rednecks lack motivation

- Rednecks are unsociable

- Rednecks are "moody" rather than "angry"

- Rednecks look "soft", instead than "hard", then >

- Rednecks are egocentric and narcissistic

- Rednecks lack initiative

- Rednecks are aggressive, but such aggression pretty much lacks drive

- Rednecks aren't really insterested by power ; they just want to live in a risky manner

- Rednecks look avoidant, but are actually counter-avoidant, pretty much like Counterphobic SP Sixes.

Then I think the stereotype of a redneck is ---, instead of --+. Even such --+ rednecks live in a --- manner.

Such examples of ---'s are :

- Dennis Rodman (ILI)
    - Kelly Osbourne (SEI)
    - Kate Moss (SEI)
    - South Park's Kyle Broflovsky (ILI)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In modern usage, redneck predominantly refers to a particular stereotype of whites from the Southern United States. The word can be used either as a pejorative or as a matter of pride, depending on context.

The redneck stereotype:

The term redneck is seen by some people to be both racist and classist, as it is was originally used to describe a person of pale skin that has been sunburned doing outdoor work or field work, and disproportionately applies to the poor. Today, a redneck is a stereotypical southern United States socially conservative, fiscally liberal, rural, working class white person with northern European ancestry.

The popular etymology says that the term derives from such individuals having a red neck caused by working outdoors in the sunlight over the course of their lifetime. The effect of decades of direct sunlight on the exposed skin of the back of the neck not only reddens fair skin, but renders it leathery and tough, and typically very wrinkled by late middle age. Another popular theory stems from the use of red bandanas tied around the neck to signify union affiliation during the violent clashes between United Mine Workers and owners between 1910 and 1920.

Some historians claim that the term redneck originated in 17th century Virginia, when indentured servants were sunburnt while tending plantation crops.
    A redneck is usually typified in popular culture by a straight male with a beer belly that consumes cheap American beer such as Busch or Miller by the case (Pabst Blue Ribbon in more traditional settings) as well as Jack Daniel's. They are generally distrustful or dislike anyone not like them or the government. The stereotypical redneck lives in a trailer, and drives an old, large, beat-up pickup truck with a gun rack in the rear window. He generally wears a stained, sleeveless t-shirt, blue jeans, and a trucker hat.

Their hair is generally worn in the mullet style, and they favor long sideburns. Personal hygiene is a lost concept with the stereotypical redneck, and what teeth they have left generally show the complete anthology of the stages of dental caries. Their favorite activities include hunting, shooting at road signs and lights, professional wrestling, NASCAR, monster truck rallies, car engine repair, collecting junked cars and large appliances on their lawns, having way too many children and dogs, participating in domestic disturbances, and waiting around for their welfare checks. Country and Southern Rock bands such as Lynyrd Skynyrd figure in as their preferred genre of music.

Stereotypical redneck females have similar characteristics and interests on a feminine scale. They are most often seen barefoot, pregnant and wear Daisy Duke shorts with stiletto heels.

http://bsornot.whipnet.net/redneck/redneck.defined.html
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alternately, straight from the horse's mouth...

The True Definion of a Redneck
    • This question I battle with every day. I have tried to answer it with dictionaries and with every resource book available. But none of them give the true meaning of what it means to be a redneck. I am now going to give you my definition of a redneck.
    • Being a redneck is being proud of your roots and a true love for your father’s name. Where family and friends are first and strangers are just a vague, dismal blur in the distance. Rednecks are good ol' boys/gals who usually live in the south (usually in the country) and also tend to have a southern accent. Their necks are red and maybe their arms, too, cause they work hard and out in the heat all day.The group that is ridiculed by most, but deep down envied by all. Some types of rednecks may be cowboys/girls, mountain men/women, country boys/gals, and or hillbillys.
    • Big truck tires, huntin’, fishin’, tractor pulls, country music, Charlie Daniels, and rebel flags are just a few words that might describe a redneck. They usually drive pickup trucks with loud sounds that can usually be heard before seen, and they also tend to blare country music from their radios. They usually add a CB radio to their truck and may have a gun rack in the back and an ol' rebel flag flyin from the antennae or posted on their front or back winshield. It is hard to figure these people out. Most people just can’t understand how you can have such a weird lifestyle of cowboy hats and buckles.
    • Many Rednecks love the ol' T.V. show called "dukes of hazzard" and western shows. They are very laid back and tend to piss people off when they drive too slow or too fast down the road in their ol' pickup trucks.
    • They love women/men (preferrably Cowgirls/boys), country music, wearin' jeans, wearin' boots (may be leather), wearin' a cowboy hat, yellin' yyyyyeeeehhhhhaaaaaawwwwww! out loud, shootin' the bull (talkin and telling some stories), fishin', huntin' watching wrestlin', watchin' or goin' to NASCAR races, watchin' baseball, or watchin' football.
    • Rednecks may also like the rodeo. They love ridin’ horses or bulls, or ropin’ calves. Most Rednecks can usually be found at or off your local gravel road, in Texas, Tennessee, Mississippi, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Arizona, Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, North Carolina and yes sometimes you can even find them in the northern states. They will be found on or near your local farm, at a bar (playin pool), local rodeo event and or stock show. The Redneck diet may include t-bone, tender loin, beef, beef stew, cajun food, Burger King, pizza, and maybe some good ol’ peach cobbler fer desert.
    • Things that make a redneck mad: somebody stealin’ his healthy horse, making a promise which you can’t keep, cuttin’ down rodeo evernts, and much more.
    • Things that really piss a redneck off is: stealin’ his cowgirl, a guy hitting a gal, a guy cheating on his gal, child abuse,beatin’ up his haas(word which means buddy), messin with his family, and much more. I tell ya, most rednecks like to fight for their woman and/or to defend their own honor. And i guarantee you if a true redneck sees you do one of the things in this list that redneck will whoop your @$$ right then and there
    • Rednecks know how to treat women. Rednecks know how to respect, love, and care about gals. True Rednecks love females for who they are and would never cheat on them. A True redneck would never hit or injur a female. White trash lies to females, cheat on them, beat them, get them pregnant and then leave them.
    • How can your friends be more important than yourself? This might be a question from a typical non-redneck. Where the outdoors are loved and where blue-collar labor is not looked down on but a way of life. Where hard hats are worn instead of pocket protectors. Where steel toe boots are worn instead of nice loafers. Where blue jeans and a flannel are preferred to a nice coat and tie. Rednecks are the people that make the world go round!
    • What a Redneck Isn't
    • I have already explained What a redneck is, now I feel it necessary to explain what a redneck isn't. Most folk out there, sittin on their high and mighty social horse feel that they can group folks they see as uncultured or undesireable as rednecks. This shows their lack of knowledge and ignorance.
    • For example, these people interchange characteristics of white trash and rednecks. I will admit that it might be possible for a redenck to be also white trash, but this is not to be taken for granted. And some characteristics are no longer apply or might have never applied. I will attempt to rectify this.
    • 1. White trash, or more correctly, trailer-trash live in trailers...not rednecks. We more commonly inhabit run-down, partially constructed homes or log cabins.
    • 2. Rednecks are not lazy, incompitent, laggards. Those incorrectly grouped with us that do fit this descriptions are more commonly called "welfare-trash". It must be noted that being on welfare does not automatically make one trash, merely down and out and nothing to be ashamed of. Rednecks and white-trash are the ones that built this country(and that aint figurative).
    • 3. The inbred stereo-type is old and over used and can no longer be considered humorous or accurate. Those that use this description have confused us with "European Blue-Bloods"(now there's some trees that never branched! They didn't call each other cousin for the hell of it!!!)
    • 4. Rednecks are not stupid. In the bountiful ignorance of most cityfolk, they have confused ignorance with stupidity and proven my point themselves. There are old rednecks in these hills that never went past the second grade that have more knowledge in the head than most of those acedimic boobs that profess to be "educated". Once had some of these fellers poken fun at me for miss using an economic term, but when I asked them a question, damned if any one of 'em knew how much hardener to add to a golf ball sized helpin of body puddy!! Guess they must'a just been stupid??
    http://www.angelfire.com/sc2/andrewturner/
    SEE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The term redneck is seen by some people to be both racist and classist, as it is was originally used to describe a person of pale skin that has been sunburned doing outdoor work or field work, and disproportionately applies to the poor. Today, a redneck is a stereotypical southern United States socially conservative, fiscally liberal, rural, working class white person with northern European ancestry.
    Racists are statistically S-, thickskinned people D-.

Low revenue is correlated to S-, and social conservatism to S-.

A redneck is usually typified in popular culture by a straight male with a beer belly that consumes cheap American beer such as Busch or Miller by the case (Pabst Blue Ribbon in more traditional settings) as well as Jack Daniel's.
    This is an insult to straight people. I'm straight, and I'm not a fuckin' redneck.

Most beer addicts or any drug addicts are S-.

They are generally distrustful or dislike anyone not like them or the government.
    Distrustfulness and hostility are totally S-.

The stereotypical redneck lives in a trailer, and drives an old, large, beat-up pickup truck with a gun rack in the rear window. He generally wears a stained, sleeveless t-shirt, blue jeans, and a trucker hat.
    Yeah, that's totally . Most S- types who are are also D-.

Their hair is generally worn in the mullet style, and they favor long sideburns. Personal hygiene is a lost concept with the stereotypical redneck, and what teeth they have left generally show the complete anthology of the stages of dental caries.
    I think :

S+ types are obsessed with hygiene.
    S0 types are hygienic as necessary.
    S- types are less hygienic than necessary, and mostly smell repulsive.

I think :

S+ types shower every 24-48 hours, in order to be clean.
    S0 types shower once or twice a week, in order to be hygienic, but not excessively.
    S- types shower once or twice a month, only in order to avoid gangrene or such.

Their favorite activities include hunting, shooting at road signs and lights, professional wrestling, NASCAR, monster truck rallies, car engine repair, collecting junked cars and large appliances on their lawns, having way too many children and dogs, participating in domestic disturbances, and waiting around for their welfare checks. Country and Southern Rock bands such as Lynyrd Skynyrd figure in as their preferred genre of music.
    Oh yeah... Totally .

Stereotypical redneck females have similar characteristics and interests on a feminine scale. They are most often seen barefoot, pregnant and wear Daisy Duke shorts with stiletto heels.
    Like a poor version of E2. Some rednecks like Twos, because they're self-effaced and docile, yet not lazy like Nines. In fact, all rednecks are bossy dictators.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    Most beer addicts or any drug addicts are S-.
    I do think there's a connection between alcoholism and seratonin, but I think most other drugs are more related to low dopamine than low seratonin.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think :

S+ types are obsessed with hygiene.
    S0 types are hygienic as necessary.
    S- types are less hygienic than necessary, and mostly smell repulsive.

I think :

S+ types shower every 24-48 hours, in order to be clean.
    S0 types shower once or twice a week, in order to be hygienic, but not excessively.
    S- types shower once or twice a month, only in order to avoid gangrene or such.
    And I think maintaining proper, healthy hygiene require bathing more than once or twice a week.
    SEE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    And I think maintaining proper, healthy hygiene require bathing more than once or twice a week.
    Yeah, because you're a chick. Chicks need to shower more often than dudes, because their hygiene is more fragile.

Besides, as you're E3, hygiene is important to you, because it contributes to your self-image.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm quite certain that types other than 3's feel that, even for a guy, showering less than every couple of days qualifies as not having the greatest hygiene.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

never mind, I just remembered you live in France.
    SEE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

never mind, I just remembered you live in France.
    Again, that's an E3 thing : considering groups of people as "losers" instead of "weaklings".

That's why Threes are stupid .

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who said anything about thinking the French are losers?

I actually had a conversation about France last night... about the statue of liberty. I was saying that it was an impractical use of resources, something only the French would think of as a priority. (well, probably not only the French, but that was the joke)

I then thought about how many immigrants arriving from long, difficult journeys would have seen the statue from far off and how they would have felt and changed my point about it being pointless.

Anyways, I don't have much of an opinion about France. I don't think it's bad that they're weak because they have friends who are strong... alliances with the right people is a form of leveraging strength. It's up to the aforementioned strong friends to decide if they're worth it or not.
    SEE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who said anything about thinking the French are losers?

I actually had a conversation about France last night... about the statue of liberty. I was saying that it was an impractical use of resources, something only the French would think of as a priority. (well, probably not only the French, but that was the joke)

I then thought about how many immigrants arriving from long, difficult journeys would have seen the statue from far off and how they would have felt and changed my point about it being pointless.

Anyways, I don't have much of an opinion about France. I don't think it's bad that they're weak because they have friends who are strong... alliances with the right people is a form of leveraging strength. It's up to the aforementioned strong friends to decide if they're worth it or not.
    You hate France, you hate french people, and you're a total racist.

I'm right, you're wrong.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have fun with that.
    SEE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy View Post
    Have fun thinking that next time you try to get a date.
    I've never had problems with sexist jokes, except one time in late 2005.

In fact, they are still perceived as playful, unlike racist jokes. Most girls like them, except radical feminists or such.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never had problems with sexist jokes, except one time in late 2005.

In fact, they are still perceived as playful, unlike racist jokes. Most girls like them, except radical feminists or such.
    I think she's saying that you probably smell bad.
    SEE

Creepy-Cyclops

Rednecks rock.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A redneck with his beaten GF.

http://www.worth1000.com/entries/113...3697DJLh_w.jpg

A stereotypical redneck. Looks totally SP Four.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought 4's were often more philosophical and artsy?
    SEE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought 4's were often more philosophical and artsy?
    That's a stereotype. If you take Fours as S-D-, they may look like artists, philosophers, observers, as well as waifs, boors or rednecks. Such Fours may give you the impression they're depressed Fives, or energy-lacking Eights.

It's pretty much like saying Fives are all quiet nerds. They may be quiet nerds, or even outgoing truth-seekers.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This reminds me of a song I wrote. Ahem.... a one, two three....

(Mississippi Queer, sung to the tune of ‘Mississippi Girl’ by Faith Hill)

Yeah
    They say it's a long way from star Mississippi
    To the porn studio I'm performing in tonight
    And sometimes the kinky stuff still bugs me
    When I'm in the spotlight

And some people seem to think that I've changed
    That I'm more fruity than I was back then
    But in my soul I know that I'm the same gay
    That I've really always been

'Cause a Mississippi queer don't change his ways
    Just cause every gay dude knows his name
    Ain't limp-dicked from a little bit of shame
    Still like suckin' in my old ballcap
    Getting fucked in the ass bareback
    They might know me for hangin’ out with Cher
    Y'all I'm still Mississippi queer

Well I blew a few guys in California
    They put my face on some porn DVDs
    But that don't mean I've forgotten where I came from
    That's just me
    Being obscene

Yeah
    'Getting fucked in the ass bareback
    Y'all I'm still Mississippi queer

'Getting fucked in the ass bareback
    But t’yall I'm still Mississippi queer

Mississippi queer!
    Mississippi queer!
    Mississippi queer!
    Mississippi queer!

(I know, I know - I have original talent and I kick ass. )

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Mississippi queer!
    Mississippi queer!
    Mississippi queer!
    Mississippi queer!
    That's cool. I hate queers

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus doesn't hate anyone.
    SEE