Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Homer, the Greek

I'm getting a strong INFp vibe from Iliad, and a strong ENFj impression from the Odyssey...

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm almost completely convinced that an INFp wrote the Iliad and an ENFj wrote the Odyssey. (one uses inspirational language, the other uses folktale language) This has been peddled around by scholars for some time, however I suspect that with socionics it can indeed be proven that the Odyssey and the Iliad were in fact written by two different people.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

It's possible that they were composed over many centuries by many people. It's also possible they were around for many centuries before actually being written down. I think the nature of the composition (in metric verse) is a significant part of why they would come across as having being written by a Beta NF type.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    It's possible that they were composed over many centuries by many people. It's also possible they were around for many centuries before actually being written down. I think the nature of the composition (in metric verse) is a significant part of why they would come across as having being written by a Beta NF type.
    Most likely they were indeed handed down. However the prose for either is indeed Beta NF, meaning that the person(s) who performed the transcription was/were themselves Beta NF.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would be very interesting to type the characters of Illiad/Odyssey.