Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Do you instantly realize if someone is your dual?

  1. #1
    Creepy-shade

    Default Do you instantly realize if someone is your dual?

    I don't know if this is a common trend among us betas with in our ego and id, but today I experienced the very eerie feeling of seeing my dual (ESTP) in the flesh and immediately afterwards experiencing a flash of momentary insight or something akin to a kind of metaphysical awareness. It seemed to me that this experience was beyond the boundaries of attraction, because I didn't even get a decent look at his face when this happened! It was only later when I had a chance to speak with him at great length that I realized that he was in fact my dual. This could just be my dominant Ni taking over, but could it be that the instantaneous realization of your dual is possible?

  2. #2
    Cone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,717
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Possibly. When I first came into contact with my dual, I thought he was the most amazing person ever. So unrestricted, and he made me realize how much of a stiff I really am.

    Although I would say that the real difference comes from just the specific specialness of the particular person you're with. I wouldn't exactly say that ALL duals are like that.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

  3. #3
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm an ESTp, and I've just recently had that happen. He was just walking down the hallway, when I was just like, "ROFLCAKeS, that's an INFp!" When I heard him talk, there was no doubt about it.
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  4. #4
    ChristiRB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    40
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I had this with my semi dual. I am ENFJ and my dual is ISTJ and semi-dual is INTJ, but, I don't feel the same passion for ISTJs as I feel for INTJs. When I met this INTJ- I immediately went "WOW! Who is he??" And there's nothing THAT special about him..but to me, he was just amazing. I didn't know he was INTJ at first, or why I was even drawn to him. But it took 10 years of knowing him realize he's (INTJ) the same type as my father. He is the most amazing man I have ever known. When I look into his eyes- it's like I know him. The same when I am around his family. It's as if I know them as well. It's the weirdest feeling in the world. It's the same feeling I get when I have de ja vu (is that how you spell it?)

  5. #5
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    Think it's deja vu.. I think... forgot =p

    Ti/Se is weird for me. I'm just utterly fascinated in watching them move and react. Se/Ti is similar. It makes me laugh in a good way. I just want to react along with... but that, of course, is not usually okay by societies rules out in public. But I want to!

  6. #6
    Creepy-aurora_faerie

    Default

    Actually, in my experience...I have never really met my dual. But then someone brought it to my attention that my own DAD is my dual...I never realized it...but I thnk they may be right.

  7. #7
    Topaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,340
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    Think it's deja vu.. I think... forgot =p

    Ti/Se is weird for me. I'm just utterly fascinated in watching them move and react. Se/Ti is similar. It makes me laugh in a good way. I just want to react along with... but that, of course, is not usually okay by societies rules out in public. But I want to!
    React with what? I must know....

    Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

  8. #8
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aurora_faerie
    Actually, in my experience...I have never really met my dual. But then someone brought it to my attention that my own DAD is my dual...I never realized it...but I thnk they may be right.
    Well you've e-met me! Does that count?
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  9. #9
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    no

  10. #10
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  11. #11
    Creepy-aurora_faerie

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Herzblut
    Quote Originally Posted by aurora_faerie
    Actually, in my experience...I have never really met my dual. But then someone brought it to my attention that my own DAD is my dual...I never realized it...but I thnk they may be right.
    Well you've e-met me! Does that count?


    lol i think not but HI!

  12. #12
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    Think it's deja vu.. I think... forgot =p

    Ti/Se is weird for me. I'm just utterly fascinated in watching them move and react. Se/Ti is similar. It makes me laugh in a good way. I just want to react along with... but that, of course, is not usually okay by societies rules out in public. But I want to!
    React with what? I must know....
    Whatever theyre reacting to in the real world. It makes me feel real--whether it is good or bad. Probably when I wrote that, I was remebering us in a past christmas time when we were breaking dead light bulbs we had extra of from decorating my house.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •