Thread: Test

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Test

Please take this test and tell me how accurate it is. Just take it and we'll discuss it later.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've taken it, and the description of "my type" is essentially fluff. No substance.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola's Avatar
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does this sound SEI to you guys?

You are personality type: ZCRR

The following is a description of people of the ZCRR personality:

You have a need for other people to like and admire you, and yet you tend to be critical of yourself. While you have some personality weaknesses you are generally able to compensate for them.

You have considerable unused capacity that you have not turned to your advantage. Disciplined and self-controlled on the outside, you tend to be worrisome and insecure on the inside. At times you have serious doubts as to whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing.

You prefer a certain amount of change and variety and become dissatisfied when hemmed in by restrictions and limitations. You also pride yourself as an independent thinker; and do not accept others' statements without satisfactory proof. But you have found it unwise to be too frank in revealing yourself to others.

At times you are extroverted, affable, and sociable, while at other times you are introverted, wary, and reserved. Some of your aspirations tend to be rather unrealistic.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My suspicions were aroused when I saw it was a 'Forer personality test' .

I got this (but...it is rather general):

The following is a description of people of the LIJ personality:

You have a need for other people to like and admire you, and yet you tend to be critical of yourself. While you have some personality weaknesses you are generally able to compensate for them.

You have considerable unused capacity that you have not turned to your advantage. Disciplined and self-controlled on the outside, you tend to be worrisome and insecure on the inside. At times you have serious doubts as to whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing.

You prefer a certain amount of change and variety and become dissatisfied when hemmed in by restrictions and limitations. You also pride yourself as an independent thinker; and do not accept others' statements without satisfactory proof. But you have found it unwise to be too frank in revealing yourself to others.
    At times you are extroverted, affable, and sociable, while at other times you are introverted, wary, and reserved. Some of your aspirations tend to be rather unrealistic.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are personality type: NEYR

The following is a description of people of the NEYR personality:

The results look a bit monotonuous to me heh, to put it mildly.
    INFp

If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a typical example of the kind of bullshit that astrologists and other charlatans tell people when they brainwash them and take their money. They use a special technique that is designed to enable them to produce words that to many people sound meaningful, when the truth is that they are nothing but sophisticated nonsense. Basically, such descriptions contain no information at all.

Here is my test result with some comments:

You are personality type: UYCC

The following is a description of people of the UYCC personality:

You have a need for other people to like and admire you
    No. Totally incorrect.

and yet you tend to be critical of yourself.
    To some extent, probably more than most people, but not extremely so.

While you have some personality weaknesses you are generally able to compensate for them.
    No. I have weaknesses that I cannot really compensate for.

You have considerable unused capacity that you have not turned to your advantage.
    Yes.

Disciplined and self-controlled on the outside, you tend to be worrisome and insecure on the inside.
    Totally incorrect as a description of me.

At times you have serious doubts as to whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing.
    No. I have almost always serious doubts as to whether I have made the right decision or done the right thing.

You prefer a certain amount of change and variety and become dissatisfied when hemmed in by restrictions and limitations.
    Empty, almost nonsensical description if not backed up with concrete examples of the kind of situations it might be true of.

You also pride yourself as an independent thinker; and do not accept others' statements without satisfactory proof.
    Totally correct as a description of me, totally false as a description of most people.

But you have found it unwise to be too frank in revealing yourself to others.
    Totally false. I am much more frank than most people.

At times you are extroverted, affable, and sociable, while at other times you are introverted, wary, and reserved.
    No. I am much more often introverted and reserved.

Some of your aspirations tend to be rather unrealistic.
    No. Many of my aspirations tend to be rather unrealistic. And many of my predictictions, judgments, and conclusions tend to be very realistic.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean's
    The following is a description of people of the LIJ personality:

Quote Originally Posted by Wittmont's
    You are personality type: NEYR

The following is a description of people of the NEYR personality:

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus's
    You are personality type: UYCC
    The following is a description of people of the UYCC personality:
    You have a need for other people to like and admire you and yet you tend to be critical of yourself. While you have some personality weaknesses you are generally able to compensate for them.
    You have considerable unused capacity that you have not turned to your advantage. Disciplined and self-controlled on the outside, you tend to be worrisome and insecure on the inside.
    At times you have serious doubts as to whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing.

I love how three different personality types give exactly the same description.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    I love how three different personality types give exactly the same description.
    That's what I was thinking. Now we know why it's called what it is called.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've realized what I've done now.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    I've realized what I've done now.
    Thanks.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol I would've thought most people on this forum would have not bothered once they saw "Forer"

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellothere View Post
    lol I would've thought most people on this forum would have not bothered once they saw "Forer"
    Most people already know about the Forer effect, but you can still learn something buy noticing how such texts are written. Astrologists, persons who claim to be psychic, palmists, etc. -- they all use the Forer effect to their advantage. People are constantly fooled by it, and it is important to be able to see exactly in what way type profiles in Socionics and other typologies are different.
    Last edited by Phaedrus; 03-30-2008 at 01:34 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Most people already know about the Forer effect, but you can still learn something buy noticing how such texts are written. Astrologists, persons who claim to be psychic, palmists, etc. -- they all use the Forer effect to their advantage. People are constantly fooled by it, and it is important to be able to see exactly in what way type profiles in Socionics and other typologists are different.
    that's true

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are personality type: UGAZ

The following is a description of people of the UGAZ personality:

I think this is good!!
    ENTp... love it

3w2

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EllaC View Post
    I think this is good!!
    Are you joking or are you serious? If the latter, why do you think it is good?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol. funny thread. I didn't know Forer effect. Makes you think that often people mistype themselves in socionics and later say, "but the description was SOOOOO me!".
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is important to be able to see exactly in what way type profiles in Socionics and other typologies are different.
    Assuming they are really different. I tend to believe they are not.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you joking or are you serious? If the latter, why do you think it is good?
    EllaC!!! DO NOT RESPOND! Don't let the forum monster provoke you!

(okay, you can respond but consider yourself warned!)
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina View Post
    EllaC!!! DO NOT RESPOND! Don't let the forum monster provoke you!

(okay, you can respond but consider yourself warned!)
    This is not a provocation. It is just very important that people know about the Forer effect, and that they learn how to read and compare type descriptions correctly, because if they don't they will probably make the mistake of believing that either the type descriptions are just crap too, which is not true, or they fit them perfectly, when they objectively do not.

It is possible to type people correctly and reliably by comparing with type descriptions, but you can't do it until you understand all of the types in their complexity and how they relate to every other type. In order to reach that level of understanding you necessarily have to read a lot of material about the types and digest it correctly.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    Assuming they are really different. I tend to believe they are not.
    Wow, really?
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given that I already knew the Forer effect, and given that I know how stupid mikemex is, I already expected the test to be as idiotic as it is.

You have a need for other people to like and admire you, and yet you tend to be critical of yourself.
    Not really. Two of my problems are that I don't care enough what other people think of me, and that I am not very critical of myself at all.

While you have some personality weaknesses you are generally able to compensate for them.
    Nah, I have almost zero personality weaknessess. And those I have, are irrilevant.

[quote]
    You have considerable unused capacity that you have not turned to your advantage. Disciplined and self-controlled on the outside, you tend to be worrisome and insecure on the inside. [quote]

Unfortunately, one of my biggest problems is that I tend to never worry enough for things that may happen.

[quote]
    At times you have serious doubts as to whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing.[quote]

No, I almost never doubt my decisions.

[quote]

At times you are extroverted, affable, and sociable, while at other times you are introverted, wary, and reserved. Some of your aspirations tend to be rather unrealistic.[quote]

This is the only part that may be true.
    Last edited by FDG; 03-31-2008 at 09:50 AM.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit