Thread: why i have difficulty discerning my type

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default why i have difficulty discerning my type

i've been on this forums plenty, and have read pretty much all the available socionics information(suprised?). Anyway, there has been so many threads where people talk about a type, and want input from this type, quadra etc. I never have anything to say, because one of the biggest parts of my whole personality is an inability to talk about myself. I can talk about myself, but in a different sense, i can relay funny stories, things that happened, even ideas about the world around me. but i just don't think in terms of myself and what constitutes my behavior.

this is a situation i'm always in: I'm reading a message about some socionics about a type i believe i may be, and i want to buck up and relay something about myself, but whenever i try to, it seems ridiculous and doesn't make sense. Anyway, another example of this behavior(and a good one) is i was just reading 'tcaulliq'(or whatever)'s reply to my thread 'for rocky...' he states "he certainly has that Dubya look," in reference to my digital photograph(which is in inspiration to rocky's cause!! aahahaha). Anyway, the first thing i thought about after reading this statement is the way politicians look in general, how their faces have to be either kind and ingratiating, or very homely/intelligent. the last thing i think about is how i might look like dubya, know what i mean?

Anyway, i have such a difficult time talking about my feelings or self to other people that when i do it's usually very stormy. Sometimes i think of saying things and tear up, it's just incredibly difficult to express really genuine emotion. I have a habit of saying "thank you" when someone says "i love you," to make clever analogy. this is one of the things that struck me about the ISTp description, the poor control of emotions. i have that to an insane degree. This is why i've never had a close friend in my life. I never open up, but people always go on and on about themselves to me, and i ask questions, and offer insight, i just don't see myself in the equation. I meet so few people who are like this that when i do, they are the people i feel truly comfortable with. It's gotten so much to the point that i don't even like being around my friends because of the way they relate everything to themselves, and have to talk about themselves in every situation. it's just dull. one thing i guess that works in example to this is if i am watching a movie with someone and they say "I like that character," it bugs me. that's just never the way i look at things. I just see that character, and what constitutes it's behavior, how it may relate to people i know, etc.

in summary: excuses for why i have nothing to contribute and how i have no feelings whatsoever.

AHHAAHAHAAHAHA

seriously though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow lots of poor grammar, well i save up the goods for comp class

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

another example i can think of: One evening a few friends and I were out and ran into some guys from a shitty local band that had mild success. anyway, we stayed and chatted with them for a good hour and a half about music, and i had nothing to say, because who the fuck cares about telling these people what you think? what you think doesn't matter, it's what you do goddamnit. so i was silent for pretty much 2 hours, and then one the ride home i said in a mocking/jovial voice, "that was a great exchange of opinions."

just seems useless to listen to other people who are going to tell you "what it's all about." ahahahahaahaha i can't stand that

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by heathiep
    wow lots of poor grammar, well i save up the goods for comp class
    LOL! Concur. I try to be as formal as possible but sometimes I really just dont give a shit as long as the reader understands.

One of the issues I have in reguards to the whole "Who am I versus Socionics/functions issue" is that I see all functions in all of us. It is so difficult to discriminate to specifics when I see so much. The other issue is getting past sterotypes/generalizations and looking into what a functions really means. This is difficult because functions are just ideas to express. Many times these ideas are collective of our society or even cross-culture. Some of them have truth. Some of them are gross generalizations, etc etc etc. That is one of the negative aspects of a dual-system.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: why i have difficulty discerning my type

=)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for that, I wish people would right things like this more often (for their type).

I think that post points stongly to you being an Extravert. Thinking about how you look like Dubbya *last*? Doesn't sound like any Introvert I know...

I'm also going to go against Cone and Pedro and say you are a Thinker. I see thinkers as having a harder time with their "feelings"' (duh), so they would be more resistant to open up to people.

I also think it's pretty clear through your posts/writing styles that you are more of a percieving type, so...

as of now, I'm going to say you are an SLESTp.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

=)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pedro and I don't think heath is ESFp because of anything dealing with feelings. It's just his general outlook and attitude that just seems ESFp to us. But we may be wrong. It would be awesome to use heath as an example of an unemotional F type, but if we're wrong, well then that sucks.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lkj

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, and did you notice that one time heath threatened to leave because we were becoming "too real"? He's not one to attack you with biting arguments and insults.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't like to intrude on others, i mean if somebody is into something i respect that tenfold. and whenever somebody really digs something and has a real strong interest in their life, i like them, i mean, that's a condition for my friendship. i just don't believe in arguing because i really don't enjoy the act. I'm not into proving others wrong or anything like that. When i was a kid i had two older brothers and with whatever sports we played i was the designated middleman, i always played goalie, or quaterback for both teams. I'm a honest to god team player, and not into my own thing. ya know? i do think SEE is a possibility. But I'm a very categorical person. In fact, i sometimes think i'm an ENTj, just because that mood indicator is "unbridled optimism," which combined with my social intelligence, and general life intelligence(i'm a very practical person, at least in thought, and my dictations to others), it makes sense. but i don't think any of you will agree because whatever i've projected on the forum, which i won't rule out or say i've faked.

but that said, last night i met up with this girl i haven't seen in forever, and she's an ultra party type and always up to something, so i think i'm gonna dissappear into her world for a while. hopefully i survive the drugs, snowboarding, sometimes bad music, and her little kid nature.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay heath, you're an ESFp. Trust me, I'm a really good typer.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha, it makes sense actually. I just went to one local record store and talked to 7 different people from 3 different crowds, all of whom know me. i didn't think about it until i got into my vehicle and departed. my life is so awesome right now i'm finding hard to say something about why this type is difficult.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Health, the only thing that I am sure about with you are that you are Exxp. Yeah, ESFp is a possibity, but I wouldn't settle on that just yet. Oh, and whenever anybody tells you something like, "Trust me. I'm a really good...", I hope you know enough to ignore him.

"I'm really good at heart surgery... truuust me man!"
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

ESFp would really explain why I hate him.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Health, the only thing that I am sure about with you are that you are Exxp. Yeah, ESFp is a possibity, but I wouldn't settle on that just yet. Oh, and whenever anybody tells you something like, "Trust me. I'm a really good...", I hope you know enough to ignore him.

Lol. What if Jesus said it about resurrecting people? Would you ignore him? n00b.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe

Lol. What if Jesus said it about resurrecting people? Would you ignore him? n00b.
    Let me put it like this; you are an asshole, nothing more. You aren't any good at typing people, you aren't sexy, and you aren't the second coming of Jesus. What you are is a poser, someone who pretends to be good at everything, and tells people they are good... but in the end are all talk. You're just a figment of your own imagination, living the lives of others, not your own. Go ahead and continue acting an ass of yourself, because people won't take you seriously.

BTW, now I'm glad you mad an ass of yourself before with Gilligan, because you ended up being wrong about him; he is an ENTp.

EDIT: I don't believe that Jesus can resurrect people, either.

EDIT 2: remember you made a thread about trying to be more serious and helpful around here? What a joke you are... the boy who cried wolf. You're a pathetic excuss of an organism.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahaha, when i first read discojoe's first post i thought, "he's just using psychological manipulation with that 'i'm a really good typer' bit" then i thought "oooooh, he means he's good at typing words in on the keyboard" then i thought, "wait. maybe... no nevermind"

EVERYONE CALL ROCKY ROOKIE BECAUSE HE ALWAYS CALLS ME HEALTH.

YOUR SOCIAL STATUS IS GOING DOWN THE DRAIN.... ROOKIE.

my mom is going to cut my hair tonight. I've only had 2 or 3 haircuts outside of the home my whole life. I feel really awkward when people talk about babers. TYPE THAT JERKS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

barbers goddamnit. hey this girl i know from colorado is gonna come over to my house tonight and i'm gonna cook her up some food. i'm thinking asparagus annnnd i dunno. maybe a meal consisting solely of asparagus. I wanna have a lasting effect on this girl, whether it be emotional, or urological.

ahahahahahahahah

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me put it like this; you are an asshole, nothing more. You aren't any good at typing people, you aren't sexy, and you aren't the second coming of Jesus. What you are is a poser, someone who pretends to be good at everything, and tells people they are good... but in the end are all talk. You're just a figment of your own imagination, living the lives of others, not your own. Go ahead and continue acting an ass of yourself, because people won't take you seriously.

BTW, now I'm glad you mad an ass of yourself before with Gilligan, because you ended up being wrong about him; he is an ENTp.
    Rocky, you are truly a dumbass. I guess you didn't read my apology to you in the other topic.

I didn't make an ass of myself with gilligan. I stand by what I said, which means your assertion that I'm wrong means either that you're an idiot and for some reason thought I changed my opinion, or that you think I care if you state that I am wrong when I disagree with you. Either way, your logic is childish and moronic. Go "S" somewhere else. You are just one of the many socially impotent losers who is jealous of the natural advantages some people have over you. And you know what? I really don't blame you.

Oh, and EDIT: Don't start a flame war with me. I will make you look like a fool. Warned.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stop it. STOP IT. what the hell is wrong with you two? www.corner.com you know the drill, fiften minutes.

AHAHAHAHAHAH

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL! I'm not jealous of anybody, nor am I impotant, nor am I a balding StarTrek fan.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, and EDIT: Don't start a flame war with me. I will make you look like a fool. Warned.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Heh.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL! I'm not jealous of anybody, nor am I impotant, nor am I a balding StarTrek fan.
    You can do better than that Rocky. Come on. Make it a challenge.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you guys are both fucking lame. think about when you are old and wrinkley and you are talking to a grandchild, trying to console him because he recently got into a fist fight at school. you'll say to him, "oh fuck yeh kid, i got into some flame wars in my day, let me tell you, it was like i typed 'omg blah blah' and then he typed, 'wtf, blah blah' I owned him like a bitchass newbie. yeh, i was like. totally he king of the forum that day. shit. my name still repeats and is calculated in certain binary codes." ahahah then the kid cuts off your life support. PWNED ahahhaah

seriously though, you two need to grow up, or at least fight in a thread that isn't all about me and how awesome i am.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you guys are both fucking lame. think about when you are old and wrinkley and you are talking to a grandchild, trying to console him because he recently got into a fist fight at school. you'll say to him, "oh fuck yeh kid, i got into some flame wars in my day, let me tell you, it was like i typed 'omg blah blah' and then he typed, 'wtf, blah blah' I owned him like a bitchass newbie. yeh, i was like. totally he king of the forum that day. shit. my name still repeats and is calculated in certain binary codes." ahahah then the kid cuts off your life support. PWNED ahahhaah

seriously though, you two need to grow up, or at least fight in a thread that isn't all about me and how awesome i am.
    How would you feel if someone said YOU weren't awesome? Would you care whose thread it was? Rocky may be a total nerd whose only experience with female genitalia was while he was being born, but he still deserves to see the light.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I already called you're bluff; you're a fake. Look, all I see you as is talk. You go from place to place (I bet this isn't the only one), boasting your own egocentrism and narccasism, telling people how "God" you are (at videogames, paintball, chess, debating... whatever), and it is all played out. You think you are the only one who can go around telling people how "good" they are at crap? It seems like the world is littered by people like you, with their own fantasies driving them to put on new faces and personas to hide behind the sad, pathetic existance that they call their own lives... without any actual abilities.

Look, it's clear that you can't be taken seriously, and you finally proved that after the thread you made. Let me refresh your memory:

As most of you have probably noticed, the quality of content here on the forums has suffered a sharp decline over the past month or so. I know I am partially to blame, as out of boredom I posted several pointless topics and responses. However, I believe this "randomness" phase has reached its apex, and a kind of organized reform is called for. The Anything Goes board is obviously a technical exception, but even here it would be nice to see "Anything Goes" interpreted as "Talk about politics, religion, love, pet peeves, etc." rather than "LOL TUCH MY BREATS."

What I propose is that the following steps be taken to boost the quality and stimulation levels of the content here:

1. Post less nonsense topics, or at least let these topics die quickly. A little zaniness from each of us is okay, but en masse it becomes irritating and demoralizing.

2. At least once a week, each of us (or specifically, the long-timers) should put serious effort into creating an honest, bullshit-free, stimulating topic for the purposes of intelligent discussion.

3. Each of us should try to offer at least one openminded response to each of these topics, thereby keeping the community friendly and welcoming to all ideas. If someone posts a trolling topic, ignore them until they decide to be more civilized.

4. Each of us should be nice.

Keep in mind that ALL OF THIS IS COMPLETELY VOLUNTARY. I am not trying to force us all into a constricting set of rules. I just think the steps I have laid out will re-engender a sense of interest in many of us who have become bored, and will allow the high levels of intelligence many of us share to resurface into a stimulating environment.
    There were several people who said that your thread was only a joke, and I guess they were right. You never meant to reform anything; it didn't take you long to get back on the wagon.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I agree with you, I'm going to leave the douche alone for now, as I do not care any more.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How would you feel if someone said YOU weren't awesome?
    INCONCEIVABLE.

ahahah. come on. if you guys wanna know the truth, you are both pretty cool. Rocky's a cool guy and he's one of the few people who i believe gives a shit and really knows what he is talking about. and joesph, you are really funny and i've honestly laughed out loud several times to the posts you've made(and i someone know this is what you really want here anyway). so hey, can't you guys just deal with being alright guys and not competing. i mean, if you two really want, i'll mentor each of you individually, and then we'll start group therapy. i swear to god i have the dedication to work out this social dilemna. come on team. let's put out heads together.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uh, it was suppose to say "i somehow know."

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, what we're gonna play is a little game I like to call "Paragraphical Breakdown." Basically I dissect every stupid thing you say, step by step, so everyone is clear on how much of an idiot you are.

Let me put it like this; you are an asshole, nothing more.
    This is classic. Let me put it like this... Uh oh, an ultimatum...you are an asshole... OH NO! I'm an asshole, but that's okay because I still--nothing more...

You aren't any good at typing people,... Clever of you to notice, what with the completel lack of data backing that assertion. Poor, poor S. When will you give up and start pumping my gas?

you aren't sexy, Oh dear GOD no. A dork who lives in his grandmother's basement and spends the day analyzing peoples' types as filler for not having anything interesting to say says that I'm not sexy. Unbelievable.

and you aren't the second coming of Jesus.

Ah, that holds up, I'll give you that. Yesterday I tripped outside and fell right into the pool.

What you are is a poser, someone who pretends to be good at everything,

Ohhhh. Thanks for clearing this issue up Rocky. I was under the impression that an optimistic, positive view of your own abilities is a healthy thing. All you've shown me here is that you find me desperately threatening. Pathetic. You are a sad little loser. I'll try to act submissive around you, and stay in my station next time. I can picture you in a relationship, emotionally abusing your spouse so you can feel good about yourself.

and tells people they are good...

lol

but in the end are all talk.

Well I do talk a lot... but... yeah... I'm pretty sure you have no fucking clue what you're talking about here. Expecially since on a message board, the only means of interaction is through dialogue. Moron.

You're just a figment of your own imagination, living the lives of others, not your own.

Now THAT is true. But it is actually something about myself that I consider to be a strength: I live in my imagination. The funny thing is I'm probably waaaaaaaay smarter than you'll ever be. You are the most cognitively unimaginative, non-perceptive, and boring "type expert" on the forum.

Go ahead and continue acting an ass of yourself, because people won't take you seriously.

The funny thing is, there's a whole group of people on the forum who joke about how you're always wrong, so I guess people don't quite take you seriously either, eh?

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I already called you're bluff; you're a fake. Look, all I see you as is talk. You go from place to place (I bet this isn't the only one), boasting your own egocentrism and narccasism, telling people how "God" you are (at videogames, paintball, chess, debating... whatever), and it is all played out. You think you are the only one who can go around telling people how "good" they are at crap? It seems like the world is littered by people like you, with their own fantasies driving them to put on new faces and personas to hide behind the sad, pathetic existance that they call their own lives... without any actual abilities.

Look, it's clear that you can't be taken seriously, and you finally proved that after the thread you made. Let me refresh your memory:

As most of you have probably noticed, the quality of content here on the forums has suffered a sharp decline over the past month or so. I know I am partially to blame, as out of boredom I posted several pointless topics and responses. However, I believe this "randomness" phase has reached its apex, and a kind of organized reform is called for. The Anything Goes board is obviously a technical exception, but even here it would be nice to see "Anything Goes" interpreted as "Talk about politics, religion, love, pet peeves, etc." rather than "LOL TUCH MY BREATS."

What I propose is that the following steps be taken to boost the quality and stimulation levels of the content here:

1. Post less nonsense topics, or at least let these topics die quickly. A little zaniness from each of us is okay, but en masse it becomes irritating and demoralizing.

2. At least once a week, each of us (or specifically, the long-timers) should put serious effort into creating an honest, bullshit-free, stimulating topic for the purposes of intelligent discussion.

3. Each of us should try to offer at least one openminded response to each of these topics, thereby keeping the community friendly and welcoming to all ideas. If someone posts a trolling topic, ignore them until they decide to be more civilized.

4. Each of us should be nice.

Keep in mind that ALL OF THIS IS COMPLETELY VOLUNTARY. I am not trying to force us all into a constricting set of rules. I just think the steps I have laid out will re-engender a sense of interest in many of us who have become bored, and will allow the high levels of intelligence many of us share to resurface into a stimulating environment.
    There were several people who said that your thread was only a joke, and I guess they were right. You never meant to reform anything; it didn't take you long to get back on the wagon.
    That thread wasn't a joke you dumbass. Jesus Christ you are a total idiot. Learn to back up what you say with intelligent thought before your two finger typing starts tapping away at the keyboard covered in chips ahoy crumbs and dried semen.

I have been keeping up with my petition. I was slow to start because of work, but that's only a "fact" and is something that probably wouldn't interest you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever discojoe... you can say what you'd like, I'd don't care what you think of me (as healthiep said, this is stupid). I'm going back to my life now, and my family (Christmas Eve.).
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever discojoe... you can say what you'd like, I'd don't care what you think of me (as healthiep said, this is stupid). I'm going back to my life now, and my family (Christmas Eve.).
    Haha. Run little girl.

Creepy-pokeball

This is rich lol.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha. Run little girl.
    Yay, good for you. Continue mentally masturbating... real cool, discojoe... I wish I was just like you.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha. Run little girl.
    Yay, good for you. Continue mentally masturbating... real cool, discojoe... I wish I was just like you.
    Neato. Say something stereotypically cliche ("yay, good for you"), and they follow it up with "eye rolling smiley" to make it look like you said something witty.

Gee Rocky, you're so clever.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh, what if after Jesus gave his sermon on the mount, everyone was like, " " ?

I bet he'd feel realllllly stupid.

Creepy-pokeball

... it would be tempting.