ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want things to be true just because I say they are.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I think I'd be in the same universe as I am now, but I'd be immortal and the universe wouldn't be slowly dying (is that too boring?).

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Life with my dual where we could just be happy somewhere away from everyone else who would detract from the loveliness of the entire situation.

That is my perfect world.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want a happy medicine that I can feed with infinite supply into an IV drip. Like a life-time supply of Soma or something. That'd be cool.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things are good.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

peace and truth
    ...and love maybe
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    what is your ultimate utopia?
    Almost the same universe, but you'd be an ESE instead.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To have a personal collective. As in, multiple copies of me, a neural network, body morphing and a private civilization. That would be awesome.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca View Post
    To have a personal collective. As in, multiple copies of me, a neural network, body morphing and a private civilization. That would be awesome.
    You wouldn't find it boring?
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chopin View Post
    You wouldn't find it boring?
    Why? If things got boring something would be done about it. In this society, it wouldn't really be about copies of myself, but about people who completely and utterly share my stances, views, approaches to life and so on, people like me, so that a sort of group cohesion could be formed that would allow for no obstacles in execution of things. With people like myself there would be a singular approach to matters and carrying out projects and assignments would be more efficient, as in, there would be no social differences, difference of opinions, stances, various religions and so on holding people back. I mean, they might exist, but they would never clash in any way form or manner. Basically a state of being where people complement each other by definition in every way imaginable.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    Will you call them, Mini Me?

For all intents and purposed they might be calling me mini me. It's really about the idea of such a collective.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want people to have just a smidgen more of the ability to connect their problems with the things they've done to create those problems.
    Drama queens and mindless inefficiency are such a waste. Jerry Springer, MTV reality shows and Judge _______ kinda bullshit. There's way too many people around who try to live their lives like they're on those shows ...

That is all. Everything else is great the way it is; we've got too much to learn to go changing things otherwise.

(Of course, secretly I'd love to be able to fly. Whenever I dream about flying, I wake up disappointed that the ride's over. Whoosh!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a good work and live without painful situations.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

everything in its right place.

utopia is about society right?

if it's about nirvana or personal happiness i'd say complete understanding . it makes me faint to even think about it. Would appear to be ecstacy.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"
    if it's about nirvana or personal happiness i'd say complete understanding . it makes me faint to even think about it. Would appear to be ecstacy."

What's funny is that I think a part of complete understanding is understanding when you can't understand; in other words, we're destined to have an incomplete understanding, and that tension between our desire to understand and having things which just cannot be understood is really a lose-lose situation for someone seeking such a complete and "total" understanding. You have to constantly remind yourself that the question simply has no answer...
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think my brain just exploded haha. it's nuts for me to even try to wrap my head around such a concept.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic View Post
    "
    if it's about nirvana or personal happiness i'd say complete understanding . it makes me faint to even think about it. Would appear to be ecstacy."

What's funny is that I think a part of complete understanding is understanding when you can't understand; in other words, we're destined to have an incomplete understanding, and that tension between our desire to understand and having things which just cannot be understood is really a lose-lose situation for someone seeking such a complete and "total" understanding. You have to constantly remind yourself that the question simply has no answer...
    Werd.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think my brain just exploded haha. it's nuts for me to even try to wrap my head around such a concept.
    Great feeling, huh? It only gets better.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what is your ultimate utopia?
    I don't know.

I can think of good ways to live, but nothing on this planet can affect the ultimate reality that one day I will cease to exist. But then again, one day the Earth will cease to exist, so I certainly don't think living forever is a valuable thing in its own right.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

''Death is nothing to us, since when we are, death has not come, and when death has come, we are not''

- some Greek dude.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Us not being able to understand and there being no answer are not the same thing. In fact, I would say that any given question is answerable, and it is a matter of quantity that we cannot understand everything.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"

This is such an LII answer haha - you sound like the various philosophers I'm reading about in my philosophy textbook atm. Some of the stuff makes me want to slam my head against a wall. It takes a lot of effort to understand it and most of the time I wonder why it even matters ... it's like dissecting something insignificant

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I don't think we can say we are destined to always have an incomplete understanding, because our incomplete understanding now means we cannot if we are going to have an incomplete understanding in the future. In order to know what we don't understand, we need to understand what we don't understand. When we understand everything about everything, we will understand that there is nothing we don't understand.

And why do we need to understand that there are things we don't understand? If we don't know what we don't understand, we will obviously know that we understand everything about everything and nothing about nothing.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Utopia for me is a beautiful natural scene inhabited by small helpful communities. Of course, I'm a rock star and occasionally travel from place to place to sooth what little conflict there is with my infinite wisdom and godly rock skillz. Other than that, I've got no responsibilities besides my family and a garden whereby I spend my days providing what little food we need to subsist. The weather is consistently pleasant and things in general are very bountiful. Everyone chips in to help one another out and ends the day in the pub or the Mongolian BBQ place that forms the town square of Munenoriland.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried to fit the universe into a box, but I realized that the box was so small and a part of what I wanted to put in it. I couldn't put it in itself, so I nodded at my great understanding and had a bite to eat.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    I tried to fit the universe into a box, but I realized that the box was so small and a part of what I wanted to put in it. I couldn't put it in itself, so I nodded at my great understanding and had a bite to eat.
    The obvious solution is to find a bigger box and put the universe in that, then rename the box 'Munenoriverse'.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    The obvious solution is to find a bigger box and put the universe in that, then rename the box 'Munenoriverse'.
    You're right! I now have no objection to the Large Hadron Collider. I see the visible electromagnetic radiation!
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"

would it help if "there is no answer" is an answer? I might also be talking about more of an intuitive understanding of something. These days I've been thinking about how all introverts have this sort of intuitive judgment.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mine would consist of many things, but what comes to mind right now is a lack of physical illness/disease/ailments/deficiencies .... except for death (from old age), I would leave that in.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    would it help if "there is no answer" is an answer? I might also be talking about more of an intuitive understanding of something. These days I've been thinking about how all introverts have this sort of intuitive judgment.
    That most certainly is an answer. It's the same as "undefined" in mathetmatics. Well, except there's no logicla impasse blocking you from the answer, but rather simply a lack of knowledge about a certain something.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think we can say we are destined to always have an incomplete understanding, because our incomplete understanding now means we cannot if we are going to have an incomplete understanding in the future. In order to know what we don't understand, we need to understand what we don't understand. When we understand everything about everything, we will understand that there is nothing we don't understand.

And why do we need to understand that there are things we don't understand? If we don't know what we don't understand, we will obviously know that we understand everything about everything and nothing about nothing.
    Otherwise you'll drive yourself crazy trying to understand things that simply do not have an answer.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That most certainly is an answer. It's the same as "undefined" in mathetmatics. Well, except there's no logicla impasse blocking you from the answer, but rather simply a lack of knowledge about a certain something.
    If it's merely a lack of knowledge, then there really is an answer, we just don't know how to find it (yet). One would hope that solving other problems will lead us to the answer.

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

''Death is nothing to us, since when we are, death has not come, and when death has come, we are not''

- some Greek dude.
    It was Epicurus. Delta NF for sure.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"If it's merely a lack of knowledge, then there really is an answer, we just don't know how to find it (yet). One would hope that solving other problems will lead us to the answer."

There's always the possibility of finding an answer, but at times one simply has to learn that there is no answer. If you look at death and wonder what happens beyond this life, if life beyond this one can even be properly called "beyond" or referred to as another life, you may have hopes and aspirations of finding an answer, a clue to the question that all have asked but none have found an answer to that all can accept. What you find is that when you approach such a problem there is the human arrogance in us that believes that we can find an answer, or at least begin to believe so strongly in one that its status as knowledge simply becomes irrelevant, but there are certain things that you(or, at least, I) have to learn to accept can never be answered. I'll never see passed the walls which bar me from knowledge of what is beyond this life, I'll never truly know the answer, and I've come to develop the courage to accept that. Maybe you can find an answer to such a question, maybe there are things which seem just as unanswerable but have a satisfactory answer for you, but my instincts, which I feel give me more knowledge than simply relying on the logical possibility of there being a way to understand it all, tell me that there exists no answer to us at this moment in time, in this state of existence. And, so, still even with hope that I might find an answer to such things some day, I wait until my existence is completed shifted and I am able to see things which are the moment I believe I just simply cannot see. And, I refuse to drive myself insane from asking a question for the rest of my life---and, of course, possibly eternity---to which I believe there to be no answer.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"If it's merely a lack of knowledge, then there really is an answer, we just don't know how to find it (yet). One would hope that solving other problems will lead us to the answer."

There's always the possibility of finding an answer, but at times one simply has to learn that there is no answer. If you look at death and wonder what happens beyond this life, if life beyond this one can even be properly called "beyond" or referred to as another life, you may have hopes and aspirations of finding an answer, a clue to the question that all have asked but none have found an answer to that all can accept. What you find is that when you approach such a problem there is the human arrogance in us that believes that we can find an answer, or at least begin to believe so strongly in one that its status as knowledge simply becomes irrelevant, but there are certain things that you(or, at least, I) have to learn to accept can never be answered. I'll never see passed the walls which bar me from knowledge of what is beyond this life, I'll never truly know the answer, and I've come to develop the courage to accept that. Maybe you can find an answer to such a question, maybe there are things which seem just as unanswerable but have a satisfactory answer for you, but my instincts, which I feel give me more knowledge than simply relying on the logical possibility of there being a way to understand it all, tell me that there exists no answer to us at this moment in time, in this state of existence. And, so, still even with hope that I might find an answer to such things some day, I wait until my existence is completed shifted and I am able to see things which are the moment I believe I just simply cannot see. And, I refuse to drive myself insane from asking a question for the rest of my life---and, of course, possibly eternity---to which I believe there to be no answer.
    that's truly a very beautiful post. thank u for sharing this
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp