Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 97

Thread: INTp Appreciation Thread

  1. #1
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default INTp Appreciation Thread

    Though I don't like ILI's, some people like them. I'm not autocratic, so I accept that some people like ILI's, even if this pisses me off. I started this thread in order to let such people express their positive feelings about them, and because I feel sorry for ILI's.

  2. #2
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Niffweed Is A Champion.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    Though I don't like ILI's, some people like them. I'm not autocratic, so I accept that some people like ILI's, even if this pisses me off. I started this thread in order to let such people express their positive feelings about them, and because I feel sorry for ILI's.
    Seriously, what is it that you hate so much about ILI individuals?
    Classical socionics: (), ILI-Ni
    Dual-type theory: INTp-ENTp

    5w6 sp/sx
    MBTI: INTJ

  4. #4
    misutii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,234
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    INTps are cool
    INFp-Ni

  5. #5
    BLauritson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    979
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I like me even if for no other reason than I make myself laugh.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

    "IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

    Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

  6. #6
    liveandletlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,290
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    don't get me started... they're just the best- enuff said.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

  7. #7
    crazedrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    moon
    Posts
    4,885
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    we don't need an appreciation thread. we already love ourselves too much as it is. don't encourage it
    INTp

  8. #8
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat View Post
    we don't need an appreciation thread. we already love ourselves too much as it is. don't encourage it
    sorry I forgot ILI's were so fuckin' narcissistic

  9. #9
    crazedrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    moon
    Posts
    4,885
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    quasi identical to you
    INTp

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The desert
    Posts
    275
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    don't get me started... they're just the best- enuff said.
    Oh come on; elaborate or gtfo!
    INTp, ILI Logical subtype

    Drum 'n' Bass head

    GorillaSound.net

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    2,916
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    Though I don't like ILI's, some people like them. I'm not autocratic, so I accept that some people like ILI's, even if this pisses me off. I started this thread in order to let such people express their positive feelings about them, and because I feel sorry for ILI's.
    I feel sorry for you too.
    INTp
    sx/sp

  12. #12
    liveandletlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,290
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drd252 View Post
    Oh come on; elaborate or gtfo!
    is that a threat drd? haha no i've written about it so many times before i dont feel like having to repeat myself.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

  13. #13
    Charismatik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    63
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Strange coincidence, but... I'm not 100% sure I'd ever met someone I could feel confident typing as an INTp until recently. Within the past year and a half I've met two and immediately become close with them, and consider them two of my closest non-family friends.

    I don't know what it is about them. In theory, I'm not particularly fond of them. But I'm crazy about both of them in real life.
    ISFp <3

  14. #14
    Currently God Brilliand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    4,246
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    and may i inquire what is the cause for the below?
    Evidently he has determined which types can get along with him and which can't... which is a pity, I like his theories but I think I'm -Ne.



    LII-Ne

    "Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

    Johari

  15. #15
    lastdance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    63
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No good word about ILI can be said, because there is nothing good about them
    Beta extrovert from NF club.

  16. #16
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    usually quite a wicked wit on the ILIs. good stuff.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  17. #17
    Currently God Brilliand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    4,246
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    i think that these types are just sort of functionally in the worst situation when it comes to the question of morality.
    Why do you think this might be? Functionally, I would attribute morality to , putting Beta (SLE) in the worst position.

    ESIs are strong on morality, aren't they? Their mirrors shouldn't be much worse...



    LII-Ne

    "Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

    Johari

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    but nothing is too big for Jesus like.


    The following statement is not, not false:
    'The following statement is not, not, not, not true':
    ''Jesus is not a potato.''
    Classical socionics: (), ILI-Ni
    Dual-type theory: INTp-ENTp

    5w6 sp/sx
    MBTI: INTJ

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lastdance View Post
    No good word about ILI can be said, because there is nothing good about them
    Oh?....

    1. A strong imagination and inner world
    2. A keen eye for detail and fault
    3. A good sense of skepticism
    4. A very rational decision-making process
    5. Calmness and patience
    6. Not letting emotions effect one's decisions
    7. A very strong sense of independence (i.e. not caring about other people's opinions)
    8. A dark and quirky personality
    9. The ability to dive deep into the depths of the highly abstract with great concentration


    etc.
    Classical socionics: (), ILI-Ni
    Dual-type theory: INTp-ENTp

    5w6 sp/sx
    MBTI: INTJ

  20. #20
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    Functionally, I would attribute morality to
    I wouldn't.

  21. #21
    Currently God Brilliand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    4,246
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think we're all prone to claim you have to be same-quadra to be moral. Alpha is just the quickest to cluster, and thus takes the majority view while the more independent types ignore them. Although Beta might get the few choice leadership positions, and seem to dominate.

    It isn't that the Gamma irrationals are the most immoral, but that their form of immorality is most repugnant to Alpha rationals. (By the way dee, I suspect you are INTj, largely for this reason)



    LII-Ne

    "Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

    Johari

  22. #22
    crazedrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    moon
    Posts
    4,885
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    and may i inquire what is the cause for the below?
    From my experience, those are the types which will engage me in an endless and pointless debate
    INTp

  23. #23
    crazedrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    moon
    Posts
    4,885
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    I think we're all prone to claim you have to be same-quadra to be moral. Alpha is just the quickest to cluster, and thus takes the majority view while the more independent types ignore them. Although Beta might get the few choice leadership positions, and seem to dominate.

    It isn't that the Gamma irrationals are the most immoral, but that their form of immorality is most repugnant to Alpha rationals. (By the way dee, I suspect you are INTj, largely for this reason)
    They do not hold back what is inside of them, and what is inside of other people, too; but those people hide it, or avenue it into different directions... where it comes from the same place.. the same thing wrong. Etc.
    INTp

  24. #24
    crazedrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    moon
    Posts
    4,885
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think dee is INTp-Ni.. I might be wrong; and in a struggle with his superego
    INTp

  25. #25
    crazedrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    moon
    Posts
    4,885
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    my dad i think is either ILI or LSI and he always like not happy with me and stuff, always trying to lecture me, i see lots of flaws in him too and often try to explain situations and stuff which pisses him off. kinda working on it though. it's strange, 'cos his desire of orderliness and enforcement of it i type as LSI stuff, however at other times, it really makes me think ILI is am possibility. like he often talks about money and time, criticises a lot, looks like an ILI T sub more or less, though he sometimes too bureacratic to my SEE sister, like he wants her to answer questions one by one as it suits him and when he doesn't get the answer to his question, he repeats it and all, like as if he is behind the glass in one of those worker payout places back 100 years ago or something. seems to more often be in a negative mood, which is supposed to be associated with constructivism over emotivism by Talanov and his focus on flaw-seeing is negativism over positivism possibly.
    I used to think my dad was ILI-Te... He was just like this; and I even have a SEE sister where this happened too. Eventually I concluded he was SLI-Te.. they can seem like ILIs. The loyal father in 310 to Yuma is SLI-Te, and the guy in American Psycho is SLI-Te. Check a SLI-Te description out
    INTp

  26. #26
    BLauritson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    979
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lastdance View Post
    No good word about ILI can be said, because there is nothing good about them
    It's OK, we don't think there's anything good about you either. Now get out of our quadra. Oh, welcome to my ignore list.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

    "IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

    Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

  27. #27
    crazedrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    moon
    Posts
    4,885
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BLauritson View Post
    It's OK, we don't think there's anything good about you either. Now get out of our quadra. Oh, welcome to my ignore list.
    yeah, go fuck yourself bitchy ENFj
    INTp

  28. #28
    BLauritson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    979
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ugh, please don't quote me to make an insult at somebody else. Seriously, just.. no. Insult people all you like, but please don't use my personal dislike of someone as a launch pad. I honestly felt embarrassed reading that.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

    "IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

    Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

  29. #29
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ILIs are cool because of their sheer brilliance and their wonderful sarcasm.

    I am curious: do all INTps have that "my intellect is greater, and you are a peon" view, or is that just some?
    Last edited by Cuddly McFluffles; 03-27-2008 at 08:54 PM.
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  30. #30
    crazedrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    moon
    Posts
    4,885
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    what is the difference between saying " i like nothing about you, get out of our quadra, welcome to my ignore list " and " you are a bitch go fuck yourself "
    ...
    both essentially mean the same thing; and it is just the social context surrounding the words which is bothering you... this means you are thinking superficially. If you feel embarassed, it is because you are thinking inside of a cage. So.. on that note, you can also go fuck yourself
    INTp

  31. #31
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    ILIs are cool because of their sheer brilliance and their wonderful sarcasm.

    I am curious: do all INTps have that "my intellect is greater, and you are a peon" view, or is that just some?
    They all do, but I respect that.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  32. #32
    BLauritson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    979
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @crazedrat: No, it's the fact you quoted me which, to me, almost seemed like you were rallying yourself behind me. And quite frankly I don't want to be associated with you. I couldn't care less what it was you actually said. Which is pretty much what I said in my original post, but never mind, doesn't bother me one way or the other if you're only semi-literate. Oh well, my usual fear of confrontation doesn't seem to be presenting itself to me tonight, so I welcome this opportunity to distance myself from you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    I am curious: do all INTps have that "my intellect is greater, and you are a peon" view, or is that just some?
    I don't think I do, although I was probably different when I was younger. Hmm.. thinking about it, a few years ago I often teased an SEE I worked with at the time about this, although it was more.. I dunno how to describe it really. It was more playful than genuinely arrogant. Not really sure how to explain it. Sort of like.. it was almost like a game (although not formally defined as such) to try and prove that one was more intelligent than the other. But like I say, it was friendly rather than truly arrogant in that sense.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

    "IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

    Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

  33. #33
    crazedrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    moon
    Posts
    4,885
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    if you say one thing, and i say the same thing in different words, it makes no sense you would be all for it the first time and all against it the second time.
    you: get out of our quadra, me: you ENFj
    you: i really don't care what you think at all, welcome to my ignore list. me: fuck off
    you: i don't like you either, etc. me: you bitch
    same thing.. you are being stupid.
    What you call lack of literacy, I call lack of wordiness. Do you think I simply can't construct a better sentence then "fuck you."? No, I use it because it is the most accurate and direct way of expressing what is on my mind. Maybe next time I could write three sentences which mean "fuck you" instead?
    if the problem is I quoted you because I agreed with you, then this suggests you simply don't like me and it has nothing to do with what I said.. and you can consider yourself attacking me. If that is the case then we can say fuck you to eachother and end it. here you go: fuck you
    Last edited by crazedrat; 03-28-2008 at 06:33 AM.
    INTp

  34. #34
    crazedrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    moon
    Posts
    4,885
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Wink

    you already said something. just say it
    EDIT: There you go, the laws of the universe have shifted
    INTp

  35. #35
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BLauritson View Post
    I don't think I do, although I was probably different when I was younger. Hmm.. thinking about it, a few years ago I often teased an SEE I worked with at the time about this, although it was more.. I dunno how to describe it really. It was more playful than genuinely arrogant. Not really sure how to explain it. Sort of like.. it was almost like a game (although not formally defined as such) to try and prove that one was more intelligent than the other. But like I say, it was friendly rather than truly arrogant in that sense.
    *laughs* Actually, you seem to have just proved it in the way you reacted to crazedrat - the attitude, at least. *nods* I was referring to the genuine belief.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    They all do, but I respect that.
    What type are you, Kamangir?

    @crazedrat: I don't remember even thinking about you when I wrote that. Still, you proved my initial assumption right, at least in your case.

    *steps out of the way of the dueling ILIs and considers her question somewhat affirmed*
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  36. #36
    Currently God Brilliand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    4,246
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    *laughs* Actually, you seem to have just proved it in the way you reacted to crazedrat - the attitude, at least. *nods* I was referring to the genuine belief.
    Perhaps it's related to Fi HA?



    LII-Ne

    "Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

    Johari

  37. #37
    BLauritson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    979
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    *laughs* Actually, you seem to have just proved it in the way you reacted to crazedrat - the attitude, at least. *nods* I was referring to the genuine belief.
    heh, I actually thought of that as I was typing my reaction. Oh well, I tend to act differently depending on the individual. If I think less of them then I'll probably act more arrogant as a way of demeaning them, but otherwise I think I tend to be more.. not humble as such, but not as arrogant, unless I'm doing it playfully like in my example above with the SEE. I know I don't hold a genuine belief of being better than everyone else since there's probably a lot of people I'll meet in life that I'd consider more intelligent than me or something along those lines. Oh well, thus is life.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

    "IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

    Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

  38. #38
    Quirk Satellite Div.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Out of range. Please call your service provider.
    Posts
    424
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    ILIs are cool because of their sheer brilliance and their wonderful sarcasm.

    I am curious: do all INTps have that "my intellect is greater, and you are a peon" view, or is that just some?
    Didn't you know, - is defined as "my intellect is greater and you are a peon". Sheesh, people aren't keeping up with the new function descriptions these days. This is why in order to be a true INTp one must put everyone else on the ignore list on the forum. Now get back to the field and fetch me three bushels of rye. ;-)
    PoLR
    Suggestive Function

    Regular Double-shot Espresso Subtype

    Just because I'm a thinking type doesn't mean I'm not an idiot.

  39. #39
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quirk Satellite Div. View Post
    Didn't you know, - is defined as "my intellect is greater and you are a peon". Sheesh, people aren't keeping up with the new function descriptions these days. This is why in order to be a true INTp one must put everyone else on the ignore list on the forum. Now get back to the field and fetch me three bushels of rye. ;-)
    You know...that wouldn't surprise me. *resists urge to gesture obscenely due to command and grins* Just remember...your therapist may be an ENFp. So, Fi is likely "my morals are better than yours and you are a prude/heathen". No wonder we clash.

    BTW...I love the last line in your sig.
    Last edited by Cuddly McFluffles; 03-31-2008 at 06:08 PM.
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  40. #40
    lastdance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    63
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat View Post
    yeah, go fuck yourself bitchy ENFj
    I am: INTp-Ni subtype
    If you are: INTp-Te, ENTj, INFp-Fe, ENFj, INTj-Ne, ENTp-Ne, INFj-Ne, or any S other than: ISFj-Se, ESFp, ISTp-Te, ISTj-Ti, ESTp-Se, ISFp-Fe...
    ... then do not talk to me, do not read my posts; pretend we are not a part of the same universe.
    don't break your own rules idiot and don't write anything at me k ? I wonder... why ILI's are so damn stupid ehhh... They think that they are special, but they are nothing. That's so, so, so saddd.
    Beta extrovert from NF club.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •