Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 166

Thread: hey guys, what's my type?

  1. #1
    EffyCold thePirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    TIM
    ??
    Posts
    1,897
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default hey guys, what's my type?

    So, abit about myself

    Right now, I'm at the point in my life where I want to bring out the best in others. I can appreciate a person for who they are, at this point I'm considering being a motivational speaker. I consider myself highly optimistic. I used to think ALOT, recently(after indulging in self development and philosophy) I've come to learn to forget the future/past and live in the now(although, I'm still adjusting). When I'm at home, I think, but when outside, I shut it off.

    I consider myself rational, often pondering theories. While I could care less what other people think, I keep myself guarded. I have the ability for charisma & make friends/lovers easily. I don't often use it(unless I conciously do so). Its hard for me to grow to trust people and expose myself. Plus I have a tight knit group of friends, so I see no need to expand.

    I see myself as a logical person. I always take the objective side of things, and don't put my feelings into it. If a decision needs to be made, I weigh the risks with the benefits. However, I can also be impulsive, (specifically with money) When my friends/family/loved ones are involved, emotion takes a HUGE leap in my decision making. Logic is still there, but emotions make me rationalize behavior that I normally would disapprove of. That can only go so far, though.

    I value the people in my life to a great extent, even to the point where I would put them above myself. VERY LOYAL. However, I've recently learn to put myself above everyone, and to stick to my values.

    I don't really think about leadership. If there needs to be a leader, I'll take on the role. If another decides to step up, then that's cool too. However, when I'm talking to someone I like, I'll be more assertive. I know when to step up and when not to, and when it quite frankly doesn't matter. LOL.

    Definitely more go with the flow, disorganized(but in an organized kind of way). Very spontaneous, dislike routines. LOVE making jokes & amusing myself, been told to have a great sense of humor. Laid back. Life is about happiness, having FUN. I care about the emotions of people close to me, ALOT. If they're not close, I still care but to a lesser extent.

    When at home/friends I can let LOOSE. Now, Im becoming alot more comfortable letting lose in social environments. Internally focused, want to bring out the best within myself, not rely on others to do it for me(self-sufficient?)I have lots of energy. LOTS, enthusiastic, like to keep a great vibe between the group. Love to inspire people, makes me feel good =). Can calm down when needed/appropriate. Confident, depending on situation. Unique, don't gravitate towards social norms. My ideas reality constructs/ethics/moralities way different then the next. LOVE to debate/discuss ideas(especially abstract concepts). I've questioned/question ALOT of things, very inquisitive. Social interactions are really really interesting, studying them is a hobby of mine. Doing and thinking both have their place, think on the huge stuff, just go for it on the little stuff.

    Expressing feelings..hmm..Sometimes it's easy, sometimes it's difficult. When I feel something emotionally, like really feel it, I know what's bothering me/feel the topic, it can be easy to articulate, I get passionate. When I get into emotional topics I express it, but if I'm just asked how I feel, I won't go into depth. NON- judgemental, person feels at ease talking to me.

    Consider myself practical, and very interested in ideas. I have an awesome sense of imagination. I'll try out different things, see which works best for me. I like to go into the depth of things, get past the surface(whether it be people, or ideas) Persistent/determined if I find something worthwhile, if not, ehhh...

    Music's my passion, love listening to it, and creating it. One thing I really love about music is how you can take something considered negative, like pain, and turn it into something beautiful. I have grown to have a deep appreciation for the strength it takes for someone to overcome struggle. More articulate when I write, than speaking.

    Feels like I'm missing something. Meh, Hopefully, this is enough bragging. LOL

  2. #2
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Overall I think EIE makes the most sense.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  3. #3
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sounds too laid-back and spontaneous to me for an EIE.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  4. #4
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ok, what would you then suggest?
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  5. #5
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I really don't know.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  6. #6
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In my view, the description goes into so many directions that if we look at every detail we find reasons to dismiss any type. The most consistent themes I see are related to inspiring people, motivating them, and a very high confidence in social interactions. So far it could be EIE or IEE, but then there is the stuff on logic and discussing/debating ideas, plus specific references to Se as in "However, when I'm talking to someone I like, I'll be more assertive. I know when to step up and when not to, and when it quite frankly doesn't matter".

    This sentence is an EIE giveaway, in my opinion: "Music's my passion, love listening to it, and creating it. One thing I really love about music is how you can take something considered negative, like pain, and turn it into something beautiful. I have grown to have a deep appreciation for the strength it takes for someone to overcome struggle."

    And "When I feel something emotionally, like really feel it, I know what's bothering me/feel the topic, it can be easy to articulate, I get passionate. When I get into emotional topics I express it, but if I'm just asked how I feel, I won't go into depth. NON- judgemental, person feels at ease talking to me."

    All this talk about "passion" is another EIE giveaway. EIEs are proud of being "passionate" even about the most trivial things - "oh I am passionate about cooking" and stuff like that.

    And this: "I used to think ALOT, recently(after indulging in self development and philosophy) I've come to learn to forget the future/past and live in the now(although, I'm still adjusting)."

    This is a giveaway of a Ni person who recently, for some reason, decided/was told that they thought too much.

    And other things. Overall I think EIE makes a lot of sense.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  7. #7
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    All this talk about "passion" is another EIE giveaway. EIEs are proud of being "passionate" even about the most trivial things - "oh I am passionate about cooking" and stuff like that.
    I can also be very passionate about certain "trivial" things, but that doesn't make me an EIE of course. But maybe an EIE is more likely to passionately expose and talk about their passions rather than just pursuing them without bullshiting about it.

    For now, I am making a closing statement with this quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    The description goes into so many directions that if we look at every detail we find reasons to dismiss any type.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Overall I think EIE makes the most sense.
    No, it doesn't. Expat's judgment has gone astray; none of his typings are trustworthy these days.

    You are definitely an IEE (ENFp), thePirate.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i was thinking EIE also.

    some prompts; feel free to answer any or all.

    tell me about the group of friends you have in your life. what kinds of things do you enjoy about them? what do they mean to you as an individual?

    what role does spirituality or religion play in your life? tell me about it's influence. where do the ideas behind it take you?

    what kinds of things do you do to relax on an everyday basis? what kinds of things do you do to have fun?

    tell me about your favorite park or local place of nature.



    tell me about this forum. how do you perceive it, overall? are you comfortable with it? are people treating you as you might expect? how would you describe the overall demeanor or mindset? too theoretical? too playful? just right?

  10. #10
    EffyCold thePirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    TIM
    ??
    Posts
    1,897
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    i was thinking EIE also.

    some prompts; feel free to answer any or all.

    tell me about the group of friends you have in your life. what kinds of things do you enjoy about them? what do they mean to you as an individual?


    LOL, the friends I have, I really do consider them brothers, family. What do I enjoy about them? To cut it short, their values(determination, being true to themselves, etc) their strength of character, and the fun/great vibe we have. All these elements are EQUALLY important. Taking out anyone(fun/strength of character) would be something completely different

    what role does spirituality or religion play in your life? tell me about it's influence. where do the ideas behind it take you?

    Ehh..Well, I grew up catholic, but recently, I've really turned to spirituality as more of self-improvement then a religion. Particularly buddahism, which really helps with day to day life. The ideas behind it take me more to an internal place to get strength, rather than external, and it has really shown me that happiness/now is all there is. Also, it's gotten me to a point where I really do want to bring out the best in people, make people feel great!

    what kinds of things do you do to relax on an everyday basis? what kinds of things do you do to have fun?

    LOL, I record/play music ALL the time at home. Watch television, Read a book, talk to friends. I'm deeply interested in social interactions/psychology/dynamics. Stuff like body language, getting to know a person, etc, are fascinating. Outside, maaan. If Im with my friends, we're cracking jokes and getting into deep conversations. If Im outside by myself, I use my imagination to entertain me! Also, depending on how I feel, I'll be social, stir up conversations, debate/flirt/trade ideas, etc. Even though I like doing these things, I don't see relaxation/having fun as something external, it's more of a state of mind. If you want to relax or have fun, it's as simple as willing it.

    Theres a part of me thats really social, and lives for the moment. When Im by myself or with friends, we really dont care whats going on, we seek out adventure. Life is SHORT, so there's no point in just sitting around. At the same time, Reflection and thinking is SERIOUSLY important to improve your life, I'm DEEP into eastern philosophy/self improvement. I think there needs to be a balance of both. When Im with my friends, and we get into those deep conversations.



    tell me about your favorite park or local place of nature.

    Oh man, there was this one park that had this KICKASS slide. It was huge! I loved it, it was like going down a mini rollercoaster. LOL. Swings/Sand fights are awesome too. Climbing the structures, and kicking back, talking in a beautiful place, enjoying the sight, rocks too. This ties in with the religion question earlier, It's really helped me appreciate the simple things in life.


    tell me about this forum. how do you perceive it, overall? are you comfortable with it? are people treating you as you might expect? how would you describe the overall demeanor or mindset? too theoretical? too playful? just right?
    Yeah, I'm comfortable with it. I really got into this because of the MBTI test, but this seems alot more stable. Hmm, the mindset is definitely not playful, technical if anything, but it's practical.


    Anyway, this is really appreciated guys, thanks for the comments thus far. =)
    Last edited by thePirate; 03-26-2008 at 02:24 AM.

  11. #11
    expired Lotus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Posts
    4,494
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You seem like a charming fellow.

    EDIT: Sorry, I haven't read your post yet. I just felt like being a nice forum member today.
    Last edited by Lotus; 03-25-2008 at 07:29 PM. Reason: lovssss
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

  12. #12
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wow, thePirate. You sound almost identical to my best friend. Both in the things you talk about and how you talk about them. I had him figured for an ENFp.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  13. #13
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Score One For Phaedrus.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  14. #14
    EffyCold thePirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    TIM
    ??
    Posts
    1,897
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    o.O

  15. #15
    I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Behind you
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Posts
    4,956
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'd do yah.

  16. #16
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Probabilities for ENFx are much higher now after the second post. But I think ENFj>ENFp.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You have accepted that you are an ENFp, thePirate, haven't you? Good. Okay, the case is now closed.

  18. #18
    EffyCold thePirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    TIM
    ??
    Posts
    1,897
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ^lol. More perspectives would be great.

    ENFJ seems more likely after reading both descriptions. Both sound accurate(actually, a lot of the descriptions do), but it seems I am more 'beta' quadrant then 'delta'. I felt mistyped in prior tests, but all fell within beta.

    Aish. Again,. thanks for the input everyone. REAL helpful =)

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    ENFJ seems more likely after reading both descriptions. Both sound accurate(actually, a lot of the descriptions do), but it seems I am more 'beta' quadrant then 'delta'. I felt mistyped in prior tests, but all fell within beta.
    I don't know what you have tested as -- that would be interesting to know. And forget about the quadras at the moment. That people focus too early on the quadras in the typing process is a major cause of mistypings.

    How do you fit the general descriptions of the differences between rational and irrational types and behaviours? There are many such descriptions, and I suggest that you study them in depth.

  20. #20
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    No, it doesn't. Expat's judgment has gone astray; none of his typings are trustworthy these days.

    You are definitely an IEE (ENFp), thePirate.
    http://www.nizkor.org/features/falla...-the-well.html
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  21. #21
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    I don't know what you have tested as -- that would be interesting to know. And forget about the quadras at the moment. That people focus too early on the quadras in the typing process is a major cause of mistypings.

    How do you fit the general descriptions of the differences between rational and irrational types and behaviours? There are many such descriptions, and I suggest that you study them in depth.


    This is completely opposite of the most efficient, effective, and accurate way to determine most people's types. Just because it doesn't give you the type you want to be doesn't mean it's inaccurate.

    And btw, your method is the one I used when I first got here. That along with the "so that's what's wrong with me" attitude had me believing I was ILE for like half a year.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post


    This is completely opposite of the most efficient, effective, and accurate way to determine most people's types. Just because it doesn't give you the type you want to be doesn't mean it's inaccurate.

    And btw, your method is the one I used when I first got here. That along with the "so that's what's wrong with me" attitude had me believing I was ILE for like half a year.
    What on earth are you talking about? What is your point? I've already stated (in my first post in this thread) that thePirate's correct type is ENFp. So the truth is now established. The only problem left is to convince him/her that he/she is ENFp instead of ENFj, because the risk of being brainwashed by some other persons here is rather great. And one way of convincing thePirate is to suggest what to read in order to see more clearly the obvious differences between ENFj and ENFp.

    Looking at the quadras is not such a way, however, and that's why the quadras should be ignored at this point. First you establish the correct type by other means, then you look at your quadra to learn more about your relationships with other types. That's the correct way to go.

    And, by the way, if you really are an LIE, then it is totally impossible to confuse yourself with an ILE using my methods.

  23. #23
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    What on earth are you talking about? What is your point?
    That method of typing you suggested will most likely lead to an inaccurate result more often than the method of typing you advised against.

    I've already stated (in my first post in this thread) that thePirate's correct type is ENFp. So the truth is now established.
    Just because you said so?

    The only problem left is to convince him/her that he/she is ENFp instead of ENFj, because the risk of being brainwashed by some other persons here is rather great.
    http://www.nizkor.org/features/falla...d-hominem.html

    And one way of convincing thePirate is to suggest what to read in order to see more clearly the obvious differences between ENFj and ENFp.
    Nothing wrong with that.

    Looking at the quadras is not such a way, however, and that's why the quadras should be ignored at this point. First you establish the correct type by other means, then you look at your quadra to learn more about your relationships with other types. That's the correct way to go.
    While everyone has their preferred methods, it has been my experience that determining quadra values is probably the most essential step in finding one's type far more often than not.

    And, by the way, if you really are an LIE, then it is totally impossible to confuse yourself with an ILE using my methods.
    Negative.

    When I read the ILE descriptions, I disagreed with some but overall felt that most were a good description of what was wrong with me.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    That method of typing you suggested will most likely lead to an inaccurate result more often than the method of typing you advised against.
    Certainly not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Just because you said so?
    No, because it is the truth. I can't change the facts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    While everyone has their preferred methods, it has been my experience that determining quadra values is probably the most essential step in finding one's type far more often than not.
    That delusion of yours and others on this forum is most likely the main cause of all the mistyped people here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Negative.

    When I read the ILE descriptions, I disagreed with some but overall felt that most were a good description of what was wrong with me.
    Then you don't understand my typing methods.

  25. #25
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Please stop polluting this thread, Pheadrus.

    @thePirate: glad we could help and welcome to the forums. Hope this place help you clear up any doubts you might have regarding your type. (My opinion is that chances you're any other type but ENFj are very low.)

    What kind of music are you into, by the way?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Please stop polluting this thread, Pheadrus.
    I will not stop contributing if that is what is needed to get the types right. Your comment is idiotic.

  27. #27
    EffyCold thePirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    TIM
    ??
    Posts
    1,897
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Please stop polluting this thread, Pheadrus.

    @thePirate: glad we could help and welcome to the forums. Hope this place help you clear up any doubts you might have regarding your type. (My opinion is that chances you're any other type but ENFj are very low.)

    What kind of music are you into, by the way?
    ^Thanks bro, really appreciate it =D

    & I listen to Hip-hop & R n B mostly, with a bit of rock.


    @ Phaedrus, I've tested as an ESTP.

    I'll check the rational/irrational descriptions now.

    Edit: Hmm..

    I would say I'm irrational, but whan something is important to me, rational.
    Last edited by thePirate; 03-27-2008 at 07:45 PM.

  28. #28
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would say I'm irrational, but whan something is important to me, rational.
    I think you'd be irrational then. I'm tons rational when I'm serious about something.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  29. #29
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I want to make a comment that in my opinion should be obvious, but it seems it isn't universally so.

    When I - and, I daresay, most of the good people of this forum - suggest a typing for a newcomer, based on a self-description, video, picture, whatever - that typing is my best guess based on the available information - very limited information. So, yes, I think thePirate's most likely type, based on the information so far, is EIE.

    However, if I were to say that, based on that information only, I was totally certain that thePirate's type is EIE and that no further discussion is necessary, I'd hope that everyone would regard me as clinically insane.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  30. #30
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,078
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    However, if I were to say that, based on that information only, I was totally certain that thePirate's type is EIE and that no further discussion is necessary, I'd hope that everyone would regard me as clinically insane.
    Hm, is that some sort of sideways suggestion toward a certain somebody (or somebodies)?
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

  31. #31

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    @ Phaedrus, I've tested as an ESTP.
    Do you remember the exact percentages of each scale? Which ones were the most certain/least certain?

    Quote Originally Posted by thePirate
    I would say I'm irrational, but when something is important to me, rational.
    I would say that that way of phrasing it is an indication of irrationality. And I really don't understand how for example Expat can seriously think that you are most likely an ENFj, considering the fact that everything you say about yourself indicates that you are an irrational type, and also an Enneagram type 7.

    There are lots of things in your self-description that clearly suggest ENFp, but if you still are not that type, you are not an ENFj either. In that rather unlikely case you are one of the other three EP types. You describe yourself as logical and objective, which can be interpreted as an indication that you are ESTp or ENTp, but we also know that ENFps quite often perceive and describe themselves in almost exactly the way you did, and we also know that your focus on other people which you describe here:

    Quote Originally Posted by thePirate
    Right now, I'm at the point in my life where I want to bring out the best in others. I can appreciate a person for who they are, at this point I'm considering being a motivational speaker. I consider myself highly optimistic. I used to think ALOT, recently(after indulging in self development and philosophy) I've come to learn to forget the future/past and live in the now(although, I'm still adjusting).
    is typically ENFp.

  32. #32
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Hm, is that some sort of sideways suggestion toward a certain somebody (or somebodies)?
    I'll make it straightforward then.

    I think Phaedrus's attitude here is that of a lunatic. Regardless of the correct answer in this particular matter.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  33. #33
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,078
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    I'll make it straightforward then.

    I think Phaedrus's attitude here is that of a lunatic. Regardless of the correct answer in this particular matter.
    No. You didn't have to make it straightforward. I got it fine.
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

  34. #34

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    75
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    thePirate, you sound almost definitely beta NF.

    Could be EIE, but why does everyone say EIE > IEI? I get the impression that thePirate could be an IEI with a more "extroverted" online persona.
    delta nf (?) ... 4w5 (?)

  35. #35
    Mariano Rajoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,120
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Pirate, I think more info about yourself would be helpful.....
    Arrghhh!


    An able-bodied seaman meets a pirate in a bar, and they take turns recounting their adventures at sea. Noting the pirate's peg-leg, hook, and eye patch the seaman asks, "So, how did you end up with the peg-leg?"

    The pirate replies, "We was caught in a monster storm off the cape and a giant wave swept me overboard. Just as they were pullin' me out, a school of sharks appeared and one of 'em bit me leg off."

    "Blimey!" said the seaman. "What about the hook?"

    "Ahhhh...," mused the pirate, "we were boardin' a trader ship, pistols blastin' and swords swingin' this way and that. In the fracas me hand got chopped off."

    "Zounds!" remarked the seaman. "And how came ye by the eye patch?"

    "A seagull droppin' fell into me eye," answered the pirate.

    "You lost your eye to a seagull dropping?" the sailor asked incredulously.
    "Well," said the pirate, "it was me first day with the hook."
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

  36. #36

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    I'll make it straightforward then.

    I think Phaedrus's attitude here is that of a lunatic. Regardless of the correct answer in this particular matter.
    My natural curiosity makes me almost longing to be a lunatic. Maybe I will manage to become one before I die. It would be interesting. And if I keep posting here, my chances of success will not decrease, that's for sure.

  37. #37
    EffyCold thePirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    TIM
    ??
    Posts
    1,897
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabo View Post
    thePirate, you sound almost definitely beta NF.

    Could be EIE, but why does everyone say EIE > IEI? I get the impression that thePirate could be an IEI with a more "extroverted" online persona.
    I can see that as a possibility too. Mostly getting ESTP, I did get INFP once I believe, but that test didn't seem to be too good

    @Pheadrus, no man, unfortunately I have no clue what they were, some were close, perceivng stood out, something like 89 percent.

    @Dolphin. Erm, I don't really know what to say anymore, LOL. If there are any questions that would aid this proccess, please, don't hesitate to ask.

  38. #38
    EffyCold thePirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    TIM
    ??
    Posts
    1,897
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Have you read any of the type descriptions? The Wikisocion and the Filatova ones are pretty good IMHO.

    Just give yourself some time, hopefully things will become more clear....lol.

    Then again, knowing this forum.....um, yeah. :wink:

    Yeah, all of the ones posted. They all fit. All these types are similar, so that doesn't make it any easier. LOL.

  39. #39

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    Yeah, all of the ones posted. They all fit. All these types are similar, so that doesn't make it any easier. LOL.
    And that's why you should focus on their differences instead of their similarities. You focused on one fundamental difference between ENFjs and ENFps when you read about the general differences between rational and irrational behaviours, and so far almost every piece of evidence suggests that you are much more likely an irrational type than a rational.

    So, no matter what other people say to you, the case for ENFp is, at the moment, much stronger than the case for ENFj, and that proves that those who say the contrary are using inferior typing methods based on their subjective interpretations of their own impressions instead of basing their typing on hard facts.

  40. #40
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Can you boost me up? I've been having low self-esteem recently. I feel like such a worthless loser. I used to be like this really charming guy but I just lost all my 'spunk' it seems. It's like I don't know when I should be witty/uptight, etc and when I should be serious.... I'm even ashamed of asking for help because I know it's very subordinate male-ish and I should just suck it up and make the most out of things because hey, I get food and water every day and I've at least had sex a few times before isn't that good enough?

    Then again the guys who don't ask for help tend to be guys I hate anyway and never really had my respect and I always wanted to avoid them as much as possible so whatever.

    I just always kinda feel disheartened because it seems people that are like me don't seem to have much power and people that I hate are the ones in charge of things. UGH AUTHORITY.

    And quite honestly I've had it up to here with 'therapy' anyway- tried that, got the t-shirt etc. But motivational speakers do interest me.

    Let me tell you something, some people find the inspiration types to be annoying but I don't. As long as you don't get TOO Life Coach-y© on me, we can hang. =) I don't know, I've always wanted to eat lunch with Oprah because she's idealistic yet down-to-earth enough where she can talk about her own poop. You just gotta love that in a gal.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •