Thread: ENTps and obligation

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ENTps and obligation

ENTps... do you get anxious when you feel that there is something that you HAVE to do?

See someone, run an errand, finish a project, complete a chore or chores, go to bed...

I do. I dread it and get quite frustrated and put it off.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ditto. But I'm not ENTp
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely. I hate having to do ANYTHING. Hell, I even hate eating sometimes.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, and sleeping. I wish I didn't have to sleep. Sleeping is a pain in the ass.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah . . . getting me to do things - you have to make me think it's my idea or I won't do it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we resent any form of something not being open, and I think time is part of this issue... most of the time if we have to do something, it has to be done in a certain time frame (if not then we don't really have to do it at all, right?), and time issues irritate us.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL you know a lot of people don't eat question eating... it's just what they do. I know what you mean though.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's a problem for me because I have gotten myself in trouble a few times in the past not eating enough, sleeping enough, and drinking enough water
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am better with the water than the food... water requires much less effort than food does
    SEE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hot damn. I never associated this to type. If I feel like I have to do anything, I can't put it out of my head, get overwhelmed and just don't do it ..then I make myself get to it because I don't let myself miss deadlines (or I feel soo guilty)

Ie: responding to emails, cleaning my room, homework

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not externally motivated by deadlines. In fact I'm negatively motivated and it decreases my productivity.

If I get up in the morning and have to be somewhere at 3, it ruins my whole day, all I'm doing is counting down to that time I have to be prepared and arrive on time at 3pm. I can't do my normal random hops between activities with no consciousness of time...yuck.
    ILE - Ti.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diljs View Post
    I'm not externally motivated by deadlines. In fact I'm negatively motivated and it decreases my productivity.

If I get up in the morning and have to be somewhere at 3, it ruins my whole day, all I'm doing is counting down to that time I have to be prepared and arrive on time at 3pm. I can't do my normal random hops between activities with no consciousness of time...yuck.
    Oh god, i'm like that. it's this catch 22 since i have kids and we still have things to do in life. i have set my life up and way of homeschooling where we are very free to come and go and do whatever we want, whenever we want because of this. i try my best to not have many obligations because of this. i never know which ones i may "flake out" on and then feel bad later because i went with something else that inspired me at the time. i prefer to not have to involve others in obligations, but rather obligations i make to myself, for these reasons. life doesn't always work out that way, so, i come off as a flake sometimes because i tend to involve others anyway because i like being with others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly! I do the same thing. To me, whatever the first thing I have to do in my day is, that's where I begin my day. In my first year of uni I thought "sweet! Screw early morning classes!" After a year of waking up at noon+ and sitting around twiddling my thumbs on days where I had no class till 7pm, I thought about changing my schedule.

I need early morning start classes to get me started, otherwise I just slack off on facebook or random researching tangents until I have to get out the door.

well put, well put
    ~*ENTp*~

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by angelalala View Post
    I need early morning start classes to get me started, otherwise I just slack off on facebook or random researching tangents until I have to get out the door.

well put, well put
    random researching tangents, yes, yes...that was one of the coolest things about working at a library for 5 years.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    random researching tangents, yes, yes...that was one of the coolest things about working at a library for 5 years.
    tangents are great.
    ILE - Ti.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tangents are great.
    those smileys are so cute like that with the s.

my hubby is king of tangents. i am too, we just go off in different kinds of tangents, hmmmmmmmmmmmm....

do doms or people with valued take threads in whatever direction they happen to lead.....i've noticed that i tend to do that and that some others don't like it or would rather "stay on topic."