Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 110

Thread: ScarlettLux is Gamma

  1. #1
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default ScarlettLux is Gamma

    Discuss. Because I want some attention too!


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  2. #2
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, personally, I believe I am not in the Beta quadra. I was mistaken for the majority of my time here. I am most definitely of the Gamma quadra. What type, I do not know. But I am definitely Gamma.


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  3. #3
    BLauritson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    979
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What makes you think you're Gamma rather than Beta? Forgive me if you've already answered this elsewhere; I don't keep up with type threads very often.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

    "IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

    Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

  4. #4
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BLauritson View Post
    What makes you think you're Gamma rather than Beta? Forgive me if you've already answered this elsewhere; I don't keep up with type threads very often.
    Well -- that is something you should know already, my fellow Gamma. Do you not feel the "vibe" ? I feel it, I definitely feel it.


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  5. #5
    The Troll Slayer Hitta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In your mom's uterus
    Posts
    4,008
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Are you more chaotic or reserved?

    Do you prefer originality and non-conformity, or do you prefer to fit in and be normal?

    Are you more optimistic or do you have more of a depressive/negativist view of life?(glass half empty or full)

    Are you aggressive and rebellious or more passive/defensive and submissive?

    Do you become addicted to sensations and love euphoria?

    Do you have a hard time doing routine things, like getting out of bed or cleaning?

    Are you impulsive or patient?

    Do you find the faults with things or do you notice the positives in things first?

    Are you more commonsense smart or very analytical and deducing?

    What is your political orientation?

    Are you afraid of death?

    Do you consider yourself confident most of the time or do you feel like the world can be unpredictable?

    Do you see all the possibilities and sometimes are afraid of them?

    Do you have any OCD tendencies?

    Do you have a need to be perfect?
    Model X Will Save Us!

    *randomwarelinkremoved

    jessica129:scrotums r hot

    :" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

  6. #6
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Welcome.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Answering any of hitta's questions excludes you from Gamma.

  8. #8
    The Troll Slayer Hitta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In your mom's uterus
    Posts
    4,008
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Answering any of hitta's questions excludes you from Gamma.

    I guess you aren't Gamma then, because you answered mine.
    Model X Will Save Us!

    *randomwarelinkremoved

    jessica129:scrotums r hot

    :" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

  9. #9
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If you're not the one....
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  10. #10
    BLauritson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    979
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    Well -- that is something you should know already, my fellow Gamma. Do you not feel the "vibe" ? I feel it, I definitely feel it.
    lol, well, I don't feel it but then again I'm useless at picking up vibes from people. Nevertheless, unless I see something to disprove it, I shall acknowledge your transition to Gammahood. Gammahood.. I like that word.. there's something to it.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

    "IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

    Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

  11. #11
    force my hand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,334
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yep, Scarlett, I agree you're a clear-cut INTp if there ever was one.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

  12. #12
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'd definitely say SEE > any other Gamma type.

    I'm not sure if this topic is serious or not, but I have no trouble at all seeing you as an SEE, ScarlettLux. It makes more sense to me than Beta NF. I don't have a strong opinion on this though. I don't know you well enough.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  13. #13
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Surprisingly enough, this thread IS serious ... disguised as not serious because I just don't have the energy to attempt to prove why I think I am not Beta NF. It would seem ludicrous to too many people who I've asserted my Beta-ness to.

    Why do you think SEE makes most sense for me? I think that as well.

    ETA: I think I have really misinterpreted in the Ego versus in the Super-Id to be honest.


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  14. #14
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BLauritson View Post
    lol, well, I don't feel it but then again I'm useless at picking up vibes from people. Nevertheless, unless I see something to disprove it, I shall acknowledge your transition to Gammahood. Gammahood.. I like that word.. there's something to it.


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  15. #15
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    Surprisingly enough, this thread IS serious ... disguised as not serious because I just don't have the energy to attempt to prove why I think I am not Beta NF. It would seem ludicrous to too many people who I've asserted my Beta-ness to.

    Why do you think SEE makes most sense for me? I think that as well.

    ETA: I think I have really misinterpreted in the Ego versus in the Super-Id to be honest.

    Well I sure hope your as prepared as I am to go through all the bullshit "people" will give you that is obviously part of the process of changing quadras and clubs and everything else.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  16. #16
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Well I sure hope your as prepared as I am to go through all the bullshit "people" will give you that is obviously part of the process of changing quadras and clubs and everything else.
    Fun! I'm bored!

    PS: "..then why does my heart tell me..."


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  17. #17
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    Surprisingly enough, this thread IS serious ... disguised as not serious because I just don't have the energy to attempt to prove why I think I am not Beta NF. It would seem ludicrous to too many people who I've asserted my Beta-ness to.

    Why do you think SEE makes most sense for me? I think that as well.

    ETA: I think I have really misinterpreted in the Ego versus in the Super-Id to be honest.
    Don't you mean in the id? in the super id would mean you have in the ego. And also SEE-s have in the id.

    And I too don't really see problems with seeing you as SEE.

  18. #18
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca View Post
    Don't you mean in the id? in the super id would mean you have in the ego. And also SEE-s have in the id.

    And I too don't really see problems with seeing you as SEE.
    Woops! I mean yeah =]
    Wow, really? I was totally expecting people to start bashing me ...


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  19. #19
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Actually... what about the LSI-s? Or do your misinterpretations of the IM-s run deep?

  20. #20
    reyn_til_runa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    1,009
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i'm not against SEE, but is ESE possible? also, while i couldnt ever see you as IEI, i forget what the problem with EIE was.

    how do you get along with INTjs and INTps?
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

    Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

  21. #21
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca View Post
    Actually... what about the LSI-s? Or do your misinterpretations of the IM-s run deep?
    I have no idea really. I wanted to mention something Expat said about not "liking" the type you are. I've never actually "liked" the idea of being an IEI... I always thought SEE was pretty much a cool type, probably the best. It's my "ideal" almost. I think it's the best type to be, and Expat said if you don't think your own type is the "best", there must be something off.

    Also - I've been suffering from depression, anxiety, all that fun stuff for a while this year. I'm even on anti-depressants now (yeah, ugh) ... so that has seriously messed up who I am really...

    I do think I am really an extrovert. At least in terms of Jung's definition of extrovert and introvert... I'm doing an essay on his typology theory and had to read a shitload about this. The parts about mental illnesses the extrovert is likely to have if his "shadow" introvert side takes over REALLY fits me ... it's basically what I'm suffering from right now.

    When I am "normal" or when I am "happy" ... I behave mostly like an EIE or an SEE. In my less messed up days, like 2 years ago or something, I was definitely behaving like an SEE.


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  22. #22
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa View Post
    i'm not against SEE, but is ESE possible? also, while i couldnt ever see you as IEI, i forget what the problem with EIE was.

    how do you get along with INTjs and INTps?
    ESE ... lol, is definitely NOT possible. I put no value on at all. You could never see me as IEI? Why not? This is interesting.

    EIE - well, I don't know ... I just switched back to IEI because I thought I was really more introverted and needed an extravert dual. Then again, I did this "switch" when I was in the depths of depression and wasn't doing much at all. I mean, I just don't think it's right that when I'm "depressed" I identify with IEI and then when I'm "happy" I am really EIE/SEE ?

    Well, my last relationship was with an LII... ok that was a disaster and a half. We still to this day can not communicate with one another. This was the time I actually believed him to be ILI and I think I behaved extremely like an SEE and it was horrible for both of us. He hates and needs ... I thought I was an EIE then, because I did try and provide some after I figured out he was LII, but after a while, I got SO sick of it. I HATED having to exert myself like that and spew out ...

    I think he tried to mold himself to fit my needs, my love of and all. I always tried to get him to DO THINGS, get out there, and he was very wishy washy and resistant. Our whole relationship broke apart because of this very thing! I needed someone more receptive ...

    Another funny thing is that while I do identify with Victim, I ACT like an Aggressor for nearly all my relationships ... I think - "Okay, I like this person, I'm gonna get them no matter what.."

    There's a lot more ... that's going to offend Alpha quadra Alpha values annoy me a lot, I don't know why I believed I liked this quadra before. Maybe I had the wrong idea, but since the recent influx of SEIs, I go on the sub-forum place and ... wow, I have huge headaches just reading the stuff they talk about. It seems senseless to me, just rambling.

    Also, I don't like real life Alpha quadra members, the way they interact in groups seems very cheesy to me, and way too focused on being "comfortable" and "nice" to eachother. Everyone seems so fluffy and innocent, aka boring.

    I can't say I have any experience with ILIs in real life. I don't think I have ever come into close contact with one. Come to think of it, I have not had much interaction with Gamma quadra at all. They seem very rare, except for the SEEs LOL. Yeah, I am really good friends with two SEEs, we seem to gel and "get eachother" and surprisingly enough, I am not annoyed by them as I am with EIEs or IEIs. I thought that annoyance came from seeing someone like myself ... but is it right to be annoyed by your own type/mirror type?

    Okay, too much for now, brain needs rest. Body needs movement!


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  23. #23
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    I have no idea really. I wanted to mention something Expat said about not "liking" the type you are. I've never actually "liked" the idea of being an IEI... I always thought SEE was pretty much a cool type, probably the best. It's my "ideal" almost. I think it's the best type to be, and Expat said if you don't think your own type is the "best", there must be something off.
    Yeah, I would agree with that. And I think that applies for ones dual as well.

    I think you might have had clouded vision, as in, your interpretation of socionics created expectations you tried to live up too. The things UDP is doing. Personally I didn't take your claims of LSI excellence seriously. Or any otehr deeply subjective stance. I took them more as mental exploration kind of things. You introducing yourselves to socionics.

    Also - I've been suffering from depression, anxiety, all that fun stuff for a while this year. I'm even on anti-depressants now (yeah, ugh) ... so that has seriously messed up who I am really...
    Yeah, that can mess up your self perception. Also if I remember correctly a similar thing was with joy when she first got into typology. She was generally feeling shitty and because of it end up as a MBTI INFJ.

    I do think I am really an extrovert. At least in terms of Jung's definition of extrovert and introvert... I'm doing an essay on his typology theory and had to read a shitload about this. The parts about mental illnesses the extrovert is likely to have if his "shadow" introvert side takes over REALLY fits me ... it's basically what I'm suffering from right now.
    I want to say well that's good, as in, in terms of theory, but I can see how it might be misinterpreted. I'd say jung's original definitions and explanations would correlate to socionics ones. Although there is no part of socionics that deals with mental health so I'm not sure about that part.

    When I am "normal" or when I am "happy" ... I behave mostly like an EIE or an SEE. In my less messed up days, like 2 years ago or something, I was definitely behaving like an SEE.
    Hmm, SEE would be providing a push/kick while being social/ethical. Being enthusiastic, jumping from interest to interest. Not being concerned with the structure behind the observed, just "playing" with it. Would you say you were something like this?

  24. #24
    reyn_til_runa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    1,009
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    You could never see me as IEI? Why not? This is interesting.
    couldn't see dominance

    EIE - well, I don't know ... I just switched back to IEI because I thought I was really more introverted and needed an extravert dual. Then again, I did this "switch" when I was in the depths of depression and wasn't doing much at all. I mean, I just don't think it's right that when I'm "depressed" I identify with IEI and then when I'm "happy" I am really EIE/SEE ?
    well, i think this is probably fairly common. depression is expert at convincing a person that the mood has become them and there is no escape. same with feeling extremely happy, confident, whatever. as one of the effects of depression is isolating oneself and needing someone to get you out of the rut, then seeing an extravert dual at that point makes a lot of sense.

    Well, my last relationship was with an LII... ok that was a disaster and a half. We still to this day can not communicate with one another. This was the time I actually believed him to be ILI and I think I behaved extremely like an SEE and it was horrible for both of us. He hates and needs ... I thought I was an EIE then, because I did try and provide some after I figured out he was LII, but after a while, I got SO sick of it. I HATED having to exert myself like that and spew out ...
    are you often a chameleon in relationships? if so, why?

    I think he tried to mold himself to fit my needs, my love of and all. I always tried to get him to DO THINGS, get out there, and he was very wishy washy and resistant. Our whole relationship broke apart because of this very thing! I needed someone more receptive ...
    its hard to say what was going on there because you havent said much about HOW you tried to provide Se activation.

    Another funny thing is that while I do identify with Victim, I ACT like an Aggressor for nearly all my relationships ... I think - "Okay, I like this person, I'm gonna get them no matter what.."
    hmph. well, i guess what aggressor doesnt in some way identify with their victim?
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

    Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

  25. #25
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    ESE ... lol, is definitely NOT possible. I put no value on at all. You could never see me as IEI? Why not? This is interesting.

    EIE - well, I don't know ... I just switched back to IEI because I thought I was really more introverted and needed an extravert dual. Then again, I did this "switch" when I was in the depths of depression and wasn't doing much at all. I mean, I just don't think it's right that when I'm "depressed" I identify with IEI and then when I'm "happy" I am really EIE/SEE ?

    Well, my last relationship was with an LII... ok that was a disaster and a half. We still to this day can not communicate with one another. This was the time I actually believed him to be ILI and I think I behaved extremely like an SEE and it was horrible for both of us. He hates and needs ... I thought I was an EIE then, because I did try and provide some after I figured out he was LII, but after a while, I got SO sick of it. I HATED having to exert myself like that and spew out ...

    I think he tried to mold himself to fit my needs, my love of and all. I always tried to get him to DO THINGS, get out there, and he was very wishy washy and resistant. Our whole relationship broke apart because of this very thing! I needed someone more receptive ...

    Another funny thing is that while I do identify with Victim, I ACT like an Aggressor for nearly all my relationships ... I think - "Okay, I like this person, I'm gonna get them no matter what.."

    There's a lot more ... that's going to offend Alpha quadra Alpha values annoy me a lot, I don't know why I believed I liked this quadra before. Maybe I had the wrong idea, but since the recent influx of SEIs, I go on the sub-forum place and ... wow, I have huge headaches just reading the stuff they talk about. It seems senseless to me, just rambling.

    Also, I don't like real life Alpha quadra members, the way they interact in groups seems very cheesy to me, and way too focused on being "comfortable" and "nice" to eachother. Everyone seems so fluffy and innocent, aka boring.

    I can't say I have any experience with ILIs in real life. I don't think I have ever come into close contact with one. Come to think of it, I have not had much interaction with Gamma quadra at all. They seem very rare, except for the SEEs LOL. Yeah, I am really good friends with two SEEs, we seem to gel and "get eachother" and surprisingly enough, I am not annoyed by them as I am with EIEs or IEIs. I thought that annoyance came from seeing someone like myself ... but is it right to be annoyed by your own type/mirror type?

    Okay, too much for now, brain needs rest. Body needs movement!
    I think this is more beneficial then the theoretical stuff you can get exposed to and mull over. As in your actual relationships and experiences. I think it would be good to describe the problems that arise in your dealing with people, to describe the relationships, the other people. This will give us an insight into your IM functioning with other people.

  26. #26
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    Surprisingly enough, this thread IS serious ... disguised as not serious because I just don't have the energy to attempt to prove why I think I am not Beta NF. It would seem ludicrous to too many people who I've asserted my Beta-ness to.

    Why do you think SEE makes most sense for me? I think that as well.
    I don't really have a good explanation. It's just an impression I get from your manner of speech.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  27. #27
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well guys, I have no idea how to do the whole quote by quote thing ... so I'm gonna try and remember your questions.

    snegledmaca - Yes, I acted like that. That's how I want to be. I actually have dreams (sounds weird) of being like that again, carefree, just partying, socializing ... *sigh* I don't even know what happened, I spiraled downwards and now I basically don't get out at all anymore because of the depression. I think I'm still in a rut right now, but maybe it means something that I pine so deeply to go back to "who I was."

    reyn - I can't really say I'm a "chameleon" in relationships ... ? Well, maybe I tried to mold myself into something else because I like a person so much ... but that is definitely something that arises from using Socionics in a stupid way. I know now that I can't change myself because when I tried to be an EIE for the LII, it tired me out a lot. The use of , that is. I don't even think I like , to be honest ... I'm so confused agh! I don't know if I had the wrong idea about it. A lot of the stuff I'm reading about now, especially that Kristiina writes, makes no sense to me.

    Aguhhhh, and I've never done well with theory hahaha. So there's no danger of me "theorizing" Most of my explanations for my type DO come from real life experiences and what I observe about myself and my relationships with other people. I also like the way the LIEs and ILIs explain things on this forum. But that might not really mean much anyway, it's just clear.


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  28. #28
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Well I sure hope your as prepared as I am to go through all the bullshit "people" will give you that is obviously part of the process of changing quadras and clubs and everything else.
    I doubt she'll get the kind of resistance you have. I don't think there any blatant reasons she isn't SEE. (And she's never been *sure* of her type, which doesn't make a difference to me but it may to some.)
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  29. #29
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    Aguhhhh, and I've never done well with theory hahaha. So there's no danger of me "theorizing" Most of my explanations for my type DO come from real life experiences and what I observe about myself and my relationships with other people. I also like the way the LIEs and ILIs explain things on this forum. But that might not really mean much anyway, it's just clear.
    No, I meant that as in tell us about your relationships, tell us about yourself. How do you deal with people, what people annoy you, why, what people complement you, why, your approach to life, how do you deal with every day life and so on.

  30. #30
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca View Post
    No, I meant that as in tell us about your relationships, tell us about yourself. How do you deal with people, what people annoy you, why, what people complement you, why, your approach to life, how do you deal with every day life and so on.
    Will do ... in a few hours


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  31. #31
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    I also like the way the LIEs and ILIs explain things on this forum. But that might not really mean much anyway, it's just clear.
    Hmm. Expat and Logos are two people on the forum that are good at explaining things. Which of them do you find explains things better in a way that works better for you? (This might not help it mean any more than it did before).

    Would an SEE find EIEs and IEIs annoying? I could maybe see EIE... but IEI is the SEE's semi-dual.

  32. #32
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Hmm. Expat and Logos are two people on the forum that are good at explaining things. Which of them do you find explains things better in a way that works better for you? (This might not help it mean any more than it did before).

    Would an SEE find EIEs and IEIs annoying? I could maybe see EIE... but IEI is the SEE's semi-dual.

    Oh, I get along with them fine, I just think they're a little annoying at times. But I definitely get along with them. Actually, I think they gravitate towards me ... they are too attention seeking sometimes, it clashes with my own attention seeking


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  33. #33
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    As I have already cautioned you, be wary of how psychological states and relationship values affect your self image, and who you want to be to get what result you really want. Always try to be mindful of how much you are bending things - easier said than done though.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  34. #34
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    I have no idea really. I wanted to mention something Expat said about not "liking" the type you are. I've never actually "liked" the idea of being an IEI... I always thought SEE was pretty much a cool type, probably the best. It's my "ideal" almost. I think it's the best type to be, and Expat said if you don't think your own type is the "best", there must be something off.
    As long as you understand the type; however, you did seem to understand the IEI type and above all the duality with SLE. Which I now find puzzling. You thought you were a Victim and Se-seeking, now that you are an Aggressor and Ni-seeking?

    Anyway, if one of your top motivations is "attention-seeking", SEE is the only Gamma type that possibly fits imo.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  35. #35

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i'm not particularly inclined to see scarlettlux as gamma, but in short i don't know her well and i don't know if my impressions of her are on the whole accurate.

  36. #36
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca View Post
    No, I meant that as in tell us about your relationships, tell us about yourself. How do you deal with people, what people annoy you, why, what people complement you, why, your approach to life, how do you deal with every day life and so on.
    Okay. Um, my relationships at the moment ... well, I have a close circle of girl friends that I connected with this year (to my surprise) consisting of an LII, an ESE, and two LSIs. Yes, based on this, it is very difficult to support my being SEE.

    However - I do not and have never felt entirely comfortable with this group, despite being with them most of my time in school. In truth, they drain the life out of me, but seeing as it is my final year of high school and my old group of friends have all left and graduated, I am sort of "stuck". I am by no means demeaning them or undermining their value towards me. I love them dearly and without them, I would most likely be pretty much a loner. Or not - actually, I think I'd know how to fend for myself and make new friends. It's just that I don't feel like doing so because there are only so few months left and I'm never going to see these people anymore. It takes work to "infiltrate" a set clique of people, especially when these cliques have grown and strengthened in the 4 years of high school.

    My old group of friends that graduated... well, I got close with them sort of by fluke. Grade 10 & 11 were definitely the happiest times of my life. I finally felt like I'd found a set of people compatible with me. They were much more fun-loving and outgoing, which these girls are not. That's the problem - I'm consistently bored on the weekends because I used to have so many things to do, so many events to go to and people to socialize with ... now I don't. Anyway, these people were mostly IEEs interestingly enough, and there was an ILI in the mix, as well as a couple of IEIs. I was never close with the ILI, actually I am not sure if he is ILI ... but the others I'm sure of. I got along swimmingly with all of them, and I guess I enjoyed the attention they provided me since most of them were males and I was usually the only female. That's another thing - I love the company of males and have realized I am competitive with basically every single female I set my eyes on. It's pretty unhealthy, but I think it has roots with my bad relationship with my mom.

    I notice that I like people who are either Ixxp or Exxp temperament, because I feel like I can really let loose and stop containing myself as I have been containing myself for so long. This is destroying my sense of self really, I feel like I don't know who I am anymore. I'm around too many boring Ixxjs. I think my "shadow" is coming out - like I'm forced to introvert lately and it's really killing me.

    I notice that I actually DON'T offer as readily as ego types do. The way they impose themselves on other peoples' emotions is just irritating. I'm not happy, so don't try and make me happy or even cheer me up. I would rather just talk about it maybe, not smooth it over with fake happiness. I don't like fakeness, but who does?!

    My parents constantly tell me to be smile more and be more friendly because apparently I am not whenever I meet their friends, etc. I abhor it when they tell me to do that because I don't sacrifice my inner feelings to create an external mood for other people just because "it's the right thing to do" in a social situation. I think that is the clearest example of how I value - although I am very bubbly to people I like and whatnot. I am actually heavily against "faking" any kind of emotion to get by... if I feel like shit, I feel like shit and you're going to know about it because I'm not going to hide it just for the sake of keeping you happy.

    Also, I do not think I even understand much because I've been so concerned with thinking about what is and how I demonstrate that function, where it could easily be that I've been mistaken.

    People that complement me :

    Eccentric and alternative people. I love anyone bizarre - something to spark my interest, especially people that seem twisted or "dark". I LOVE that! I want to get to know them more, because they really fascinate me. I'd say they complement me because I'm really a very twisted person myself and to have the company of someone who won't shun that and will embrace that is nice. I value ambition in others and like those unafraid of being ruthless when it is necessary to be. People who seem a little battered and broken or even 'cut-off' from the world interest me because I see myself in them. I wouldn't feel so alone.

    Another thing - if I were in a romantic relationship with someone, I would definitely want them to be almost a loner (lol) ... I'm so selfish that I want them all for myself, so that I know they will never run away or find someone else. Kinda like I "own" them and only I can give them that special love... yikes, I sound disturbing.

    People that annoy me - Basically the opposite of all that I said above. Closemindedness, but that's a given for most people right? I mean, no one would say that they value closemindedness.

    I don't really like extraverts - it's like they steal my rightful spotlight and I don't want to compete for attention. Oh, also - I don't like emotional, overly gushy people especially in relationships.

    My approach to life? I don't really know, I don't have any set rules or anything about it. I see life as an adventure, a mission. During this stage of my life, I have come to face a huge obstacle that I need to get over, but I still believe that willpower is the key and that I WILL get over it. I just like seeing everything as a challenge because it makes things more meaningful and easier to accept (especially the difficult times.) I think going through rough times strengthens people, and that it is necessary for a really developed person to have gone through the worst of the worst to really experience the best of the best. A lot of the most highly creative and ingenious people have had troubled pasts, and I guess I relate to those that are suffering. I hate hate hate those born with silver spoons in their mouths ... it frustrates me to no end that these people have barely anything to get over. Some things just do not seem fair.

    I think that a person has to be REALLY mindful of their goals. I am a huge goal setter and always think about accomplishing things in the near/distant future. I always keep something in mind to spur me on, especially when I feel like the present just sucks ass. That's why I also dislike people who float around without any plans about the future, just too stuck on the present moment.

    OMG kudos to whoever reads this entire thing. I liked typing it up - it spilled out "poison" inside me that I wanted to get out anyway ... not enough me me me for this forum yet


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  37. #37
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    i'm not particularly inclined to see scarlettlux as gamma, but in short i don't know her well and i don't know if my impressions of her are on the whole accurate.
    Ahh niffy, I know you'd hate me to see me as your dual


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  38. #38
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Answering any of hitta's questions excludes you from Gamma.


    Quote Originally Posted by force my hand View Post
    Yep, Scarlett, I agree you're a clear-cut INTp if there ever was one.
    Yeah, I mean look at how badly she interacts with other Fe valuers on the forum. I haven't seen worse since niffweed.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    ESE ... lol, is definitely NOT possible. I put no value on at all. You could never see me as IEI? Why not? This is interesting.

    EIE - well, I don't know ... I just switched back to IEI because I thought I was really more introverted and needed an extravert dual. Then again, I did this "switch" when I was in the depths of depression and wasn't doing much at all. I mean, I just don't think it's right that when I'm "depressed" I identify with IEI and then when I'm "happy" I am really EIE/SEE ?

    Well, my last relationship was with an LII... ok that was a disaster and a half. We still to this day can not communicate with one another. This was the time I actually believed him to be ILI and I think I behaved extremely like an SEE and it was horrible for both of us. He hates and needs ... I thought I was an EIE then, because I did try and provide some after I figured out he was LII, but after a while, I got SO sick of it. I HATED having to exert myself like that and spew out ...

    I think he tried to mold himself to fit my needs, my love of and all. I always tried to get him to DO THINGS, get out there, and he was very wishy washy and resistant. Our whole relationship broke apart because of this very thing! I needed someone more receptive ...

    Another funny thing is that while I do identify with Victim, I ACT like an Aggressor for nearly all my relationships ... I think - "Okay, I like this person, I'm gonna get them no matter what.."

    There's a lot more ... that's going to offend Alpha quadra Alpha values annoy me a lot, I don't know why I believed I liked this quadra before. Maybe I had the wrong idea, but since the recent influx of SEIs, I go on the sub-forum place and ... wow, I have huge headaches just reading the stuff they talk about. It seems senseless to me, just rambling.

    Also, I don't like real life Alpha quadra members, the way they interact in groups seems very cheesy to me, and way too focused on being "comfortable" and "nice" to eachother. Everyone seems so fluffy and innocent, aka boring.

    I can't say I have any experience with ILIs in real life. I don't think I have ever come into close contact with one. Come to think of it, I have not had much interaction with Gamma quadra at all. They seem very rare, except for the SEEs LOL. Yeah, I am really good friends with two SEEs, we seem to gel and "get eachother" and surprisingly enough, I am not annoyed by them as I am with EIEs or IEIs. I thought that annoyance came from seeing someone like myself ... but is it right to be annoyed by your own type/mirror type?

    Okay, too much for now, brain needs rest. Body needs movement!
    I am ScarlettLux's dual. I am ILI. I am also a Five, not an Eight. I show some Eight tendencies, or at least want to do so. In reality, I am a thoughtful, analytical individual who is good with people when I want to be. I love theories. I don't like parties. I love discussions with people about politics and philosophy; my own and their views, and my trying to convince them of my views. I'm getting married to ScarlettLux next year. I will happily fly over to do so, but I may need some Se to fundraise for this momentous occasion
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  39. #39
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    EZRA! Nice to know you feel that way I'm sure Maria will be totally fine as my maid of honour, don't you think?

    Welp, that settles it. I am now officially SEE muahaha and all who dare to contradict me can go kiss my dominant ass ...


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  40. #40
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    On second thought, LIE is a better fit for me.


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •