TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default can you type this viewpoint?

here is a quote that I identify with:

"I suppose the most important thing for me is that I feel alive. I often have a hard time feeling like im alive. I feel like i am separated from everything else around me so whatever makes you feel alive is really important to me. That's why I like to perform music. because I feel really alive (then).

I suppose I have a big issue about just feeling something, like I really exist or I'm living. So what ever makes me feel that way is the most important thing for me. I like drinking or staying up. I drink myself to the limit sometimes. My bandmates ask me why I do things to destroy myself, but I don't mean to destroy myself. It's just those moments I feel alive, just pushing the limit like that.

I feel abstract, too abstract most of the time. i don't feel fully connected to the world, or I don't feel that my mind is together with my body or something like this. (so when i'm performing) I suppose I never think about anything. I'm convinced about everything, about myself, of being alive. I don't even think about, "is this important". There's this unquestionable feeling of existing."

I think on the surface this person sounds like they are intuitive and that they are seeking Se, but I also identify with it I think pretty much all of it, so I am wondering if it could also be INTj. "Feeling alive" or "connected to my body" is something I seek but it could just be associated with being very intuitive..

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si-seeking, Alpha NT.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    here is a quote that I identify with:

"I suppose the most important thing for me is that I feel alive. I often have a hard time feeling like im alive. I feel like i am separated from everything else around me so whatever makes you feel alive is really important to me. That's why I like to perform music. because I feel really alive (then).

I suppose I have a big issue about just feeling something, like I really exist or I'm living. So what ever makes me feel that way is the most important thing for me. I like drinking or staying up. I drink myself to the limit sometimes. My bandmates ask me why I do things to destroy myself, but I don't mean to destroy myself. It's just those moments I feel alive, just pushing the limit like that.

I feel abstract, too abstract most of the time. i don't feel fully connected to the world, or I don't feel that my mind is together with my body or something like this. (so when i'm performing) I suppose I never think about anything. I'm convinced about everything, about myself, of being alive. I don't even think about, "is this important". There's this unquestionable feeling of existing."

I think on the surface this person sounds like they are intuitive and that they are seeking Se, but I also identify with it I think pretty much all of it, so I am wondering if it could also be INTj. "Feeling alive" or "connected to my body" is something I seek but it could just be associated with being very intuitive..
    to be honest, id tend to say sensory- seeking in a sense not specific to socionics, but it depends how literally this person means "feel alive." if these things are actually helping you feel the limits/functions of your body, and therefore helping you feel alive in an immediately physical sense, and if this is mostly an end in itself (and not a means of, lets say, achieving better health in the long run or of reaching some other far off goal such as happiness)...

if not sensory-seeking, id say it could still point to a few different types. i think any intuitive introvert especially may say something similar
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I'd say something like that (tho I wouldn't act it out with all the drinking, etc). I'll bet almost any intuitive would feel similarly, at least some of the time. I have an INTj friend who uses yoga on a daily basis to keep her grounded. She needs it like a drug.
    IEI-Fe 4w3