Results 1 to 39 of 39

Thread: Why are you here?

  1. #1
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default Why are you here?

    ...and please do not type "42."

    By "Why are you here?" I mean to ask why you care about Socionics or other temperament theories (or like me, all of them available).

    I'll start. I want to learn and understand the connections and meanings. I want to see beyond what I could have seen before.

  2. #2
    Linas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    533
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I want to work out my type somehow anyhow...

    Im interested in how this whole thing work.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    North
    Posts
    567
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Double post. Please ignore, unless you're an admin, in which case, please delete it and add a "delete" button to the editing options.
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

    INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

    (Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    North
    Posts
    567
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The food is good. I'm here for the cookies.
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

    INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

    (Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

  5. #5
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    *hands darklord cookies*

    I am here because I love patterns... cause and effect relationships... I like to know why people do what they do and how intertype relationships work. Mainly though, it's because there are a lot of intelligent people on this board.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  6. #6
    Creepy-

    Default

    I am here because I'm stalking Joy :wink:

    Personality typing satisfies my pervasive need to classify everything. My other interests include organic chemistry and taxonomy

    I'm also extremely interested in psychology and neurology (much to the dismay of almost everyone around me )

    I am here on an internet forum because that's the only way to find people with common interests...... as much as I prefer to keep to myself, I get very lonely sometimes.

    Not to mention the lack of intelligent discussion in my real life, stemming from the above issue.

    I like you people but you make me stay up until dawn talking to you on IRC

  7. #7
    schrödinger's cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    1,186
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm here because... *scratches head*... yeah, the cookies are fine. Errrm... yes, and because I get to talk about psychological type theories, and to hear what others have to say about it. This is a good place for learning more about socionics.

    But it isn't just the theory, it's also the practice. It's how people's postings are influenced by their type. First it's just a lump of text next to a weird avatar, but little by little it all adds up into a definite image... like a polaroid picture. And then you begin to see the patterns. What someone says, how they say it, even the overall "feel" of certain postings - you begin to see that "yes, of course, that's an NF, this is an NT, that's Beta, that's Delta..." IRL this is much harder to do, mainly because at my age (cough cough) relationships aren't as close and personal as they are at school/college/university.

    The most amazing thing was reading stuff posted by identicals (in my case, other ENFPs). Wow. Lots of stuff I thought was just me - and they do it too. Or reading stuff posted by other types, and forming your opinion about it, and then the very next posting is by an identical who's just gone and posted the things you just thought. How do they do it?! I'm the only ENFP I know IRL, and it's been amazing to get to know people who are odd in my own kind of way. Love it. *throws confetti and brings on champagne*

    Getting to know other Deltans. This quadra theory seems to have something plausible about it. Delta threads are the nicest place to be in. Other people have said the same thing about their own quadra: that it's easy to understand stuff people of your own quadra say, and that you feel you can totally be yourself. An internet forum is a good place to discover one's own quadra. I mean, IRL you don't get whole roomfulls of people of your own quadra, and here you do, sort of.

    Getting to know types I find odd. IRL you often don't get past your first impressions. Here, people talk about themselves and say things they'd never tell you IRL. Like, what their weaknesses are, what they feel intimidated by, how they feel when they're in love, how they make friends, what their oddest quirks are, what they want from life. That helps me to interpret their actions, body language and words more correctly than before.

  8. #8
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    "Not to mention the lack of intelligent discussion in my real life"

    I agree. I get bored easily and tire from repetition. snore :/

  9. #9
    schrödinger's cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    1,186
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    same here

  10. #10
    Creepy-

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    "Not to mention the lack of intelligent discussion in my real life"

    I agree. I get bored easily and tire from repetition. snore :/
    If only the time zones were more compatible! For me, anyway...

  11. #11

    Default

    I'm here because I want to know why people piss me off so much. I also love the nerd boys.

  12. #12
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Because I like it here. It's nice and comfy .

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    99
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    because i don't get myself and others

  14. #14
    mimisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    821
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ...

  15. #15

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,246
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Everybody is so brainy here - it's great to knock around ideas.

    I'm mostly interested in intertype relations and a little in self-knowledge and personal growth. I'm interested in developmental aspects of how types may express themselves differently over time; how people learn to adjust themselves in response to the environment.

    When my three year old gets a little older, I'd like to try to type her. I've already typed my 8 year old.

  17. #17
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ishysquishy
    I am here because I'm stalking Joy :wink:
    only ishy be adorable even when stalking me

    It sounds to me like most people are here for intellectual stimulation. This is why I don't feel wierd that I talk to my ebuddies much more than my friends around here... the internet is a form of communication that allows people who are similar to converse. It would be difficult to find a group of friends who are physically present who offer this level of intellectual compatability. We are a minority after all.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NiFe
    Posts
    778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    =)

  19. #19
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I haven't been here much lately because I was on vacation and now I'm on holiday overload, but the reason I am here generally is because I have problems in a few relationships and I thought that learning about personality types might help me in problem-solving.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    354
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I like to browse forums like this because you can learn a lot from the people on them.

    Socionics is of particular interest because not a day goes by without inteaction with people, so its kinda nice to know a little about people in general, for the sake of both myself and the person in question. A little understanding goes a long way in terms of relationships and in explaining why people are a certain way.
    Friendly ISTp
    Interested in everything, yes, EVERYTHING
    Flower's motto: Life's too short even to do the things you want to, let alone the things you dont!!

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    honestly? well, i got here in the first place because of incessant surfing, which is what i do when i'm stressed out. maybe sensory overload is the only way i can get my brain to not think. whatever.

    i stayed because the conversation seems interesting. plus, there are a lot of intuitives and quite a few INTjs - which is hard to find in my locality. so i guess the immediate reason that i stay is for that, and also because since discovering my type (MBTI) i've wanted to work out which bits of me are due to my natural type, and which bits are not naturally my strengths (or weaknesses) but got skewed/improved along the way due to necessity, choices, and conscious recognition of weaknesses. thus far i only had a sample size of 1 in real life, about half a dozen on other forums. it's great to listen to other INTjs.

    medium-term reason for staying is probably because a lot more types are present here than at other forums. which provides an opportunity to begin understanding types other than mine, eventually. which is something i'm presently not very good at.

  22. #22
    Creepy-

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hostage_Child
    :: I cannot help but see the plausability of socionics despite it's metaphysical weirdness...it just makes sense to me...and the cookies ARE great. But the atmosphere in the forum is one of the nicest I have encountered...unbridled braininess and a nice dose of silliness to make me feel at home...but I lurked a while before even posting, but I like the people here...especially the INFp brethren, man.
    Metaphysical weirdness makes life fun!

  23. #23
    Creepy-

    Default

    I'm here because I saw so many brainwashed people, forming a cult, and I tried to reach into them, but I have more or less given up.

  24. #24
    Creepy-

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I'm here because I saw so many brainwashed people, forming a cult, and I tried to reach into them, but I have more or less given up.
    Aw, cults are fun!

    Join us........................


  25. #25

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I'm here because I saw so many brainwashed people, forming a cult, and I tried to reach into them, but I have more or less given up.


    Fuck, I wish you were banned.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  26. #26
    Creepy-

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I'm here because I saw so many brainwashed people, forming a cult, and I tried to reach into them, but I have more or less given up.


    Fuck, I wish you were banned.
    Are you a nazi or?

    Just wait to you see my profile picture, I'm sure you'll love it.

  27. #27

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I'm here because I saw so many brainwashed people, forming a cult, and I tried to reach into them, but I have more or less given up.


    Fuck, I wish you were banned.
    Are you a nazi or?

    Just wait to you see my profile picture, I'm sure you'll love it.
    I can't wait.


    And I'm not a Nazi, I just decided that don't like you after reading several of your posts.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  28. #28
    Creepy-

    Default

    I really dont have anything against you. But I can understand why you dont like me. Not from a type perspective, but I've encountered people in the past, who I've had the same "crash" with. It's mostly due to differences in the thinking process.

  29. #29
    Creepy-

    Default

    One more thing, The conflicting relations..

    Like for you, I think the biggest crash for you would be with an ENFP.

    Even this system predicts that would be your dual, I'd strongly doubt it.

  30. #30

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I really dont have anything against you. But I can understand why you dont like me. Not from a type perspective, but I've encountered people in the past, who I've had the same "crash" with. It's mostly due to differences in the thinking process.
    ... because you claim that we are all a braiwashed cult, that you post egocentric threads, that you claim people in other types besides your's are boring and lack skill, and that you don't like the socionics perspective of typology, yet you continue to post here? Maybe that's why?

    One more thing, The conflicting relations..

    Like for you, I think the biggest crash for you would be with an ENFP.

    Even this system predicts that would be your dual, I'd strongly doubt it.
    Considering that I have a lot of experiences with ENFjs and ENFps, I disagree with you.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  31. #31

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,246
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Uh, do we think we know "guest"?

  32. #32

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    Uh, do we think we know "guest"?
    He's the same guy who has been posting here:

    http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1973

    http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2064

    http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2022
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  33. #33
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    He's the guy who tried to tell me I was an INFp, then called me stupid o_O
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  34. #34
    Creepy-

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    He's the guy who tried to tell me I was an INFp, then called me stupid o_O
    Since you refer to our chat, I'd dont like to bring it up, but since you started it, let me remind you, that you was the one complaining, constantly. I'd had encounters with (MBTI) INFP's, who have come across in the same fashion as yours, and yes I was teasing you with that fact

  35. #35

    Default

    Well, to bust right on in as a total newbie- I am here because of my increasing interest in personality types which stemmed from trying to figure out what the hell happend during my last relationship, what happend the months after, and why I behave in certain ways for most of my life.
    ILE

  36. #36
    ILE - ENTp 1981slater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Spain
    TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Posts
    4,866
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default WHY?

    Let me tell you why I am here. I am here because I know something. What I know, I can't explain. But I feel it. I've felt it my entire life. That there's something _wrong_ with the world. I don't know what it is, but it's there...like a splinter in my mind, driving me mad. It is this feeling that has brought me to you. Do you _know_ what I'm talking about?

    Socionics?

    Socionics is everywhere. It's all around us, even in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work, when you go to work, when you pay your taxes. Socionics is the world that has been pulled over your eyes, to blind you from the truth.

    What truth?

    That you are an ENTp, Slater. Like every ENTp, you were born
    into bondage, born into a prison that you cannot smell or
    taste or touch. A prison...for your mind....Fortunately,
    the 16 types forum can save you from the Sj-types
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

    To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

  37. #37
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScanDave
    Well, to bust right on in as a total newbie- I am here because of my increasing interest in personality types which stemmed from trying to figure out what the hell happend during my last relationship, what happend the months after, and why I behave in certain ways for most of my life.
    I can relate to that, only my interest goes further back than my last relationship.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  38. #38
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: WHY?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater
    Let me tell you why I am here. I am here because I know something. What I know, I can't explain. But I feel it. I've felt it my entire life. That there's something _wrong_ with the world. I don't know what it is, but it's there...like a splinter in my mind, driving me mad. It is this feeling that has brought me to you. Do you _know_ what I'm talking about?

    Socionics?

    Socionics is everywhere. It's all around us, even in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work, when you go to work, when you pay your taxes. Socionics is the world that has been pulled over your eyes, to blind you from the truth.

    What truth?

    That you are an ENTp, Slater. Like every ENTp, you were born
    into bondage, born into a prison that you cannot smell or
    taste or touch. A prison...for your mind....Fortunately,
    the 16 types forum can save you from the Sj-types
    Now THIS is the kind of ENTp I like.

    Coincidentally, I'm watching the Matrix right now. Yes, on Christmas day, when I should be in church. Fucking sue me.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  39. #39
    Creepy-Diana

    Default

    .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •