Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: eating habits

Creepy-bg

Default eating habits

what are your eating habits?

personally mine are all over the place. obviously as a meth addict I sometimes go days on nothing but kool-ade. it used to be that I couldn't eat when I was wired... like literally. Nowadays I'm used to it... I can eat, it's just that I don't really notice it until I go "hey, I haven't eating since Wednesday... fuck i bet I'm hungry"

on those days when I'm not on a tear I usually eat a couple meals a day... I don't give thought to what I eat, besides whether it tastes good or not. Calorie counting and food groups aren't my thing.

every once in awhile (once a month or so) I binge out. I'll eat like all day. Yes, sometimes it's the weed... but not always... it's just something I do. I'll eat and eat and eat and eat. It's like there's a hole in my stomach or something and the best I can do is cover it up for an hour or so before I've gotta put some more in there.

We've been low on food here the past week, but it didn't hassle me till today 'cause I was wired/burning out. Woke up today hungry as hell, was shakey and spaced out even from it. Finally I managed to hunt down some frozen hamburger meat and thawed out enough for a big greasy cheeseburger. It's making me feel like I'm gunna pass out (in a good way )

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nutrients are for pussies

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually eat once a day, sometimes i don't skip lunch though. I don't know, being full sometimes makes me feel lethargic.

And I usually eat whatever I want. Pizza and cookies baby. I hope you do too, like KOOL AIDE
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Creepy-bg

I feel like a junkie... my eyes are seriously rolling back in my head from that cheeseburger. best I've felt all week.

Creepy-bg

I think ate some tainted meat... I'm starting to feel like I'm gunna spew

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I eat three meals a day of roughly the same thing everyday. I couldn't survive without having three designated meals. Fridays and Sundays are my designated cheat days in which i binge on an extra large salad or two or three (yes, that's about the extent of "bad" foods i eat). You don't feel so bad when you binge on vegetables

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I can't eat when I'm depressed or under emotional trauma, or else I'll feel sick. During those times I'll go for days, and weeks without eating hardly anything. It just makes the depression worse, so it sucks.
    I wish that were my case. If so, i'd be rail thin. I cannot stop eating when i'm depressed.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I eat three meals a day of roughly the same thing everyday. I couldn't survive without having three designated meals. Fridays and Sundays are my designated cheat days in which i binge on an extra large salad or two or three (yes, that's about the extent of "bad" foods i eat). You don't feel so bad when you binge on vegetables
    I try to stay away from vegetables... except when there's ranch dressing involved.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm feeling a good long thread coming on.

I have lots of opinions about nutrition, at least, my personal nutrition.

I eat regularly. I like eating three times a day, sometimes four. The best thing I can think of to eat are carbohydrates, if I wanna fill up on anything, it's that. It makes me feel good, they seem to be healthy, and I usually tend to not feel weighed down afterwards.

I do eat all types of food though... I think moderation of most things is key. Meat, fish, dairy... all of them I eat, but am careful not to eat too much of, for specific reasons.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Creepy-bg

so what kind of shit has carbohydrates in it? that's analyzing food way too much for me.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Anyone here ever hear about the blood type diet?

It's really quite interesting.
    I don't like the way blood tastes

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went to a beer festival here in Portland today, I've been drinking since 12:30 this afternoon and can't help but crave chicken strips and fries at this point. It's days like this that I remember why I'm a fat bastard...lol.

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Little and often. I eat about 6 to 8 times a day usually. Lots of fruit and vegetables, nuts, and some fish and lean meat. I don't like dairy except for yogurt and cheese if it comes on pizza. I can't actually consume what most people consider a whole "meal" in one sitting anymore unless I've fasted the whole day.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a sensitive tummy. I'm usually eating all day little bits of things at a time mostly raw fruits and veggies because they are AMAZING where I live. I very seldom eat any kind of meat and when I do it has to be plane or with just a little garlic/salt or I get sick. The most unhealthy thing I eat is muffins and I eat at least one a day. I'm a really picky eat and I have a phobia of sea food.

Oh, and I'm addicted to sprite.
    Last edited by Garmonbozia; 03-22-2008 at 02:55 AM.
    Voted best beach in the world by yahoo 728 times!

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only really eat two meals a day. I snack a lot though. Random stuff too. Pickles, a loaf o bread, vegetables, crackers, etc. I blame most of this on the fact that I can't cook. Typically I have lots of leftovers of one type of meal (craploads of pasta or pot roast and the like) that I get sick of eating day in and day out. Lately it seems like I've tried to supplement this with ramen noodles and eating out quite a bit. I've eaten at least one potato product a day, either fries or baked potatoes. Maybe my body has a yen for potassium? In some ways, I think my work out schedule exacerbates my whole diet problem. Well, that and the drinking.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I eat randomly, pretty much. Usually it's something smallish about 6 or so times a day, but there are days where I will actually forget to eat until about 4pm and then I will eat a whole bunch of stuff at once. To give you an idea of my mildy retarded diet, it is currently 1pm here and I have eaten, without really stopping, just grazing:

A bite of some cake thing left over from last night until I realised it was really alcoholic and decided it wasn't really breakfast compatible, or at least not today.

A green novelty pickled onion which I choked on (and I'm intolerant of onions so that will come back to bite me, but what the hell, I felt like it!)

Watermelon

Peaches

One grape

oranges

Bacon and eggs with toast

A cookie I found on the table.

Hrmmm, actually looking back now, that's pretty fucked up right there. But yeah, that was my breakfast/brunch/lunch today, Oh and orange juice too!! I'm gonna go scavenge on more party food now. I could kill a bucket of chips right now.

Weirdest thing? I eat like this pretty much all the time and I weigh 56 kilos at 5'7"

NOT COMPLAINING
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually eat about twice a day, and very healthy (i.e. whole foods). I am starting to grow a lot of my own food, and sometimes I buy from the organic section at the grocery store because I am paranoid. Sometimes I even wished I owned and worked on a farm.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    so what kind of shit has carbohydrates in it? that's analyzing food way too much for me.
    nah, it's not that hard. bread, pasta, rice... those types of things.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean View Post
    I usually eat about twice a day, and very healthy (i.e. whole foods). I am starting to grow a lot of my own food, and sometimes I buy from the organic section at the grocery store because I am paranoid. Sometimes I even wished I owned and worked on a farm.
    I think it's a scam.

Everything you eat is technically organic, so they could put whatever the hell they want under that section.

Just saying... it means shit.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really wish America had an equivalent to Europe's slow food movement. There is a startup organization, but it isn't like what they have there.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95 View Post
    I notice excess sugars spike and crash my energy
    well yeah

also, if people get addicted to sugar, and they eat something without it, they will still feel hungry even when they're full, and will have to eat something else, which causes people to get fat.

I could care less about "organic" - I've read of enough situations where the "natural" alternatives "organic" farmers use have side-effects of their own. (For example, a slime mold used in alternative to synthetic pesticides turned out to be neurotoxic.)
    that's because toxins are also organic!

duh

the organic label is for people who are both afraid and ignorant.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    I really wish America had an equivalent to Europe's slow food movement. There is a startup organization, but it isn't like what they have there.
    America is. If you consider Mexico part of America.

Or at least they do this in Oaxaca where there are very many Italians.

Edit: seems they do everywhere. http://www.mexconnect.com/mex_/recip...la/kg1107.html

One thing to consider is that the "slow food" movement is all about preserving cultural cuisine. Please tell me what the healthiest "American" food is; Phily cheese steak?

Hehehe.
    Voted best beach in the world by yahoo 728 times!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    nutrients are for pussies
    Meat, you mean.

Anyways - eat as much spinach as possible. Just do that. When you go to subways, get the spinach, and don't get the chopped iceberg lettuce. Just do it. Don't ask questions, just do it.

I eat generally 3 meals a day, and then whatever snacks seem to be around that are decently healthy. My metabolism is off the charts, so i don't know what to say here. I can tell very well how my body is reacting to what i eat, and I suppose I shouldn't assume the same is true for others. If you can't taste the difference between good food and crap food for a while, then keep trying. If you pay attention, even if you get your favorite cookies, the marginal utility will decrease - law of diminishing returns. It is usually your mind that gets in the way of realizing what is actually going on in your body.

I eat veggies whenever I can, fresh ones. I don't like any other kind of vegetable really. Carrots are my current favorites, but anything is really good. Vegetables are wonderful, though hard to come by when fresh, sometimes.

My family has (slowly) been trained to understand that I like organic bananas better than real ones If you can't taste the difference between them and the generic radiated ones, keep trying.

When I eat crap food at school, I feel it instantly. *sigh*.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have rarely gone to great lengths to be eat particularly well although sometimes it just happens for awhile and i feel better but dont maintain it. most of the time i dont think of "health" as a reason to eat in a certain way. i struggle with a good reason for eating most of the time. i sort of get a kick out of buying healthy food on occasion, but im more prone to eat cheaply and to support a kind of feast or famine mentality in which i have too many healthy options and my solution is to eat/drink it all very quickly so as to give myself fewer options and more reliable food relationships OR i have nothing but old condiments.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's wrong with meat?

I'm eating nutella with milk right now. mmm, good.

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I eat a rather regural diet. I eat lots of carbs and some protein in the morning. (muesli with yoghurt or porridge and fried eggs). I some carbs and some protein for lunch (just a regular lunch with some pasta/potatoes/rice and some meat/fish and souce and salad). And I eat very little carbs and lots of protein for dinner (meat and veggies or fish and salad. Sometimes with cottage cheese, mushrooms, souce or anything low on carb content.)

I do make exceptions. Yesterday I ate pasta for dinner! But those really are exceptions. Can't remember the last time I had muesli or any cereal after 12 am. I don't pay much attention to fat content, except I don't eat things with ridiculous amounts - Did you know that Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise has 70% of fat? I avoid Fish fingers because they have about 25% of fat. Usually protein foods have more fat than carb foods, so I'd go nuts if I tried to keep track of fat content as well.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Creepy-Cyclops

I tend to eat what I want, within reason. Unless your training for some athletic event then one does not have to be too rigid. Besides, i'm a great believer in the body knowing what it needs, well at least for me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I tend to eat what I want, within reason. Unless your training for some athletic event then one does not have to be too rigid. Besides, i'm a great believer in the body knowing what it needs, well at least for me.
    Yeah man, just listen to her. Your body knows when apples will do you good or a nice greasy pizza.

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, your body knows, unless you have Si-PoLR.

Well, I do get cravings for certain foods and then I eat what I'm craving. But I tend to snack when I haven't decided what I'll eat. I'll eventually make my Before and After thread about my weight loss. I'm waiting to increase the loss to make the thread more impressive, although it already would be. But I'll add a short description of eating habits before.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina View Post
    yeah, your body knows, unless you have Si-PoLR.

Well, I do get cravings for certain foods and then I eat what I'm craving. But I tend to snack when I haven't decided what I'll eat. I'll eventually make my Before and After thread about my weight loss. I'm waiting to increase the loss to make the thread more impressive, although it already would be. But I'll add a short description of eating habits before.
    Wait you're trying to lose weight? why

- Voltaire

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had this lamb curry last night and had an allergic reaction to it ... which is weird for me because I never get reactions to anything. The palms of my hands got itchy and then I got this rash all over my body and my lips were all swollen as well. It lasted for a few hours. It made me feel really attractive. I wonder what it was ... maybe msg or something?
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chopin View Post
    I had this lamb curry last night and had an allergic reaction to it ... which is weird for me because I never get reactions to anything. The palms of my hands got itchy and then I got this rash all over my body and my lips were all swollen as well. It lasted for a few hours. It made me feel really attractive. I wonder what it was ... maybe msg or something?
    Damn now I want Indian curry. Thanks a lot =p

- Voltaire

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by chopin View Post
    Wow. No idea what caused that, but fwiw, i had an allergic reaction to curry, for me it made my mouth all hot and fiery, and made my eyes water

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Wow. No idea what caused that, but fwiw, i had an allergic reaction to curry, for me it made my mouth all hot and fiery, and made my eyes water

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was that your first time eating curry? I mean it sounds like it doesn't usuallly happen.

(Oh, and I just noticed your quote. +1)

- Voltaire

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Was that your first time eating curry? I mean it sounds like it doesn't usuallly happen.

(Oh, and I just noticed your quote. +1)
    No - that's the funny thing. I love curry. I rang the company up but couldn't get out of them what they put into it.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually eat a 40-30-30 (carbs-pro-fats). I try to avoid the least healthy food. I try to eat when I'm hungry, which means that I eat more when I exercise more, etc

I don't deny myself sweets or cakes or ice cream, though - obviously I also try not to overdose on them. I remain at around 10 percent bodyfat during the winter, and 8 percent during the summer this way. But my daily intake varies dramatically depending on how much I cycle: sometimes for long sessions (+150 km) I can reach a total of 5000 kcals-day. In these cases I totally binge on ice cream since it tastes so fucking good.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I usually eat two meals a day, and sometimes I have breakfast. Most of my food intake comes from 'snacking' on fruit and nut chocolate, cheese, coffee, chocolate and coleslaw. I think I've gone off coleslaw, actually.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Anyways - eat as much spinach as possible. Just do that. When you go to subways, get the spinach, and don't get the chopped iceberg lettuce. Just do it. Don't ask questions, just do it.
    This is just stupid for two reasons.

1) Spinach is toxic (oxalic acid) and can make you sick/kill you if you eat too much
    2) Spinach also has a lot of Vitamin A in it, which is fat soluble, which means you can overdose on it.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    This is just stupid for two reasons.

1) Spinach is toxic (oxalic acid) and can make you sick/kill you if you eat too much
    2) Spinach also has a lot of Vitamin A in it, which is fat soluble, which means you can overdose on it.
    yeah, but do you really think most americans are eating enough spinach to suffer a fatal overdose?
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast