Thread: another phaedrus thread

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default another phaedrus thread

Phaedrus, I'm interested in hearing what you think of SEE's. What are your favorite things about them, what do you think you have to offer them, and why are they more compatible with you (and you them) than any other type?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Phaedrus, I'm interested in hearing what you think of SEE's. What are your favorite things about them, what do you think you have to offer them, and why are they more compatible with you (and you them) than any other type?
    Don't you read the type descriptions provided for you? If you did you would know that they are my dual. If you are testing me, I can tell you that were you to see me in real life you would know what I know, that I have seen and experienced successful dual relations with SEEs. So go back and study Socionics some more. (lather, rinse, and repeat as needed)
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would also be interested in why he thinks his Se is weak. (it's obviously valued, so I don't need to hear about that)

But all of this is unfair because if Phaedrus doesn't answer these questions or skirts around them it tells us nothing. I don't think I'd answer such questions...

PS: I am trying to imply nothing.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I would also be interested in why he thinks his Se is weak. (it's obviously valued, so I don't need to hear about that)
    How would you test if my Se is weak or strong? What question(s) do you think can be used as a sort of "Se test"?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he's looking for you to tell him why you think you have weak Se based on your life experiences, not find out if you are able to answer Socionics questions correctly.
    SEE

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he's looking for you to tell him why you think you have weak Se based on your life experiences, not find out if you are able to answer Socionics questions correctly.
    that is the socionics question.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One is about Socionics as it relates to him and his life and strengths and weaknesses. The other is about knowing how to answer a Socionics question the right way in order to be a certain type or have specific strengths and weaknesses.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shut up, Joy.
    Voted best beach in the world by yahoo 728 times!

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Garmonbozia View Post
    Shut up, Joy.
    +2

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe, but that is rather irrelevant. I want to know what he (or you) would do to try to determine whether my Se is weak or strong.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not a he!

Creepy-bg

I'm not a he!
    are you sure? we might need some proof.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Maybe, but that is rather irrelevant. I want to know what he (or you) would do to try to determine whether my Se is weak or strong.
    There you go! Examples of possibly relevant questions.

- How do you go about accomplishing your goals?
    - How good are you at organizing people?
    - How do you feel if others order you what to do, or try to apply pressure to make you do something?
    - How do you handle responsibility or how do you view the concept of responsibility?
    - Are you afraid of confrontation? How do you react to personal confrontations?
    - How motivated are you and in what ways?
    - Do you consider yourself to be decisive? In what ways? How long does it take you to make a decision?
    - What sorts of people do you admire (if any) and why?
    - What sorts of things lead you to take action?
    - What do you think of weakness and "weak" people? Do you have such a concept? What is weakness in people anyway?
    - What sorts of situations, social or otherwise, do you find yourself most comfortable in?
    - How do you feel/react if someone tries to tell you what you should do or tries to make a decision for you?
    - Do you have a need to be in charge?
    - How willful are you and in what ways?
    - What do you do when there's something that you want someone else to do? How would you go about trying to "get" them to do whatever it is?
    - Do you like to take the initiative or do you prefer someone else to?

They're not all totally relevant, but anyway.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    There are two possible ways this could go:

Joy: Se types love pickles.
    phaedrus: Well I hate pickles, so I'm obviously not a Se type.

OR

Joy: Se types love pickles.
    phaedrus: You're wrong. I happen to know that Se types hate pickles, and I love pickles, so I must not be a Se type.

Either way, nothing's been accomplished.
    SEE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- How do you go about accomplishing your goals?
    I read a lot, and I sometimes try to implement what I think might be a good strategy. But I usually fail. I have trouble finishing what I have started. I have trouble learning from my mistakes. I have a rather clear oscillating success/failure pattern. I'm like Sisyphus. I dream about goals I want to achieve, and I sometimes try very hard for a while. But practical obstacles come in the way, and I don't find my way out of them. I postpone what I should do until it's too late. And I'm not very good at planning things step by step, and I'm even worse at actually follow my plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    - How good are you at organizing people?
    My sense for what what might be wrong with an organization or a team is not that bad, but I am bad at organizing people in a practical sense. I am a good fault finder, but I am very bad at executive tasks. I don't like have an executive role. I am much more at home as a consultant or adviser.

- How do you feel if others order you what to do, or try to apply pressure to make you do something?
    My natural inclination is to resist. I want to make my own decisions, and I want to be independent. I prefer to work alone to work in a team -- unless my role is strategic (maybe as adviser to the leader), or if I can work rather indepently of the group. I want others to take care of as much as possible of the practical tasks. I have a clear tendency not to accept social hierarchies. That may cause me trouble if I am expected to follow orders, because I don't trust other people's judgment. I always have to judge for myself what to believe, and if I and the other person(s) agree on what is best to do, everthing's fine. But if not, then I walk alone. I don't like clubs and organizations very much. I am not a partisan.

- How do you handle responsibility or how do you view the concept of responsibility?
    I don't like responsibility. I try to avoid it as much as possible in order to feel free.

- Are you afraid of confrontation? How do you react to personal confrontations?
    I am not afraid of confrontations. People tend to perceive me as very aggressive, arrogant, and stubborn in some situations, especially when principles are at stake. I tell people what I believe is correct and true, and that can frighten some people and make most people feel uncomfortable. My stubbornness and unwillingness to back down even resulted in me being literally knocked to the ground (you may applaude here ) when I some month ago confronted a gang of some 20-30 people (mostly boys around 20-30 years of age, but also some girls). They didn't like my aggressive tone, and some coward that I didn't even see hit me on my head from behind when I was arguing with another guy. Since I saw their behaviour as a sign of weakness and more pathetic than dangerous (even though I, objectively speaking, probably should have shown some more caution), and since I was not too badly hurt, I didn't bother to report the assault to the police. But I realized that it would be rather foolish to challenge 20 idiots on my own, so I decided to left after having commented on the methods they were using to solve conflicts. Maybe I should have reported the incident (as a matter of principle) but the problem (disturbing crowds of drunken and noisy people outside my home late at night and hearing their loud music) has since then diminished, maybe as a result of my pushing the issue somewhat with those responsible for the letting out the local party place.

- How motivated are you and in what ways?
    I am very motivated when I am interested in something. I can focus on an interesting subject for years (such as Socionics), but there is a difference between being motivated to do something and atually doing it. As I said earlier, even though I may be very motivated, I always tend to postpone the actions that would increase my chances of reaching my goals.

- Do you consider yourself to be decisive? In what ways? How long does it take you to make a decision?
    I am not decisive. It usually takes me a long time to make a decision. I want to feel that I know as much as possible, and that I haven't missed some important piece of information that might be relevant. I want to make correct decisions, which leads to postponements and hesitations.

- What sorts of people do you admire (if any) and why?
    I admire lonely wolfs, intelligent geniuses, and also people who can work efficiently to achieve practical results since I am so bad at that myself.

- What sorts of things lead you to take action?
    Not many really. Inspiration and/or chance events that might trigger my body to move. Or perhaps the inevitable, when I am forced to act if I want to continue living.

- What do you think of weakness and "weak" people? Do you have such a concept? What is weakness in people anyway?
    I don't group people in general as "weak" or "strong". I am weak in many respects myself, especially in practical matters. I am strong in others, and I tend think that most people are both good and bad at different things. My general stance is that people should do what they are best at instead of everyone trying to be equally good at everything. I tend to feel uncomfortable and not really know how to deal with very unintellectual and unintelligent people, and people's mistake in logical reasonings tend to irritate me even more. That tends to lead to some communication problems. It is, for example, very easy for me to disregard the emotional content of information, whereas most people can't separate it from the logical content. They usually don't get the kind of emotional response from me that they get from other people, and they can perceive me as cold, overly analytical, von-oben, a know-it-all, computer-like, impersonal, etc. Or they might see me (sometimes) as a pushy, aggressive, arrogant, confrontational, irritated, stubborn person who is not willing to compromise.

- What sorts of situations, social or otherwise, do you find yourself most comfortable in?
    When others want me to show emotions or talk about my feelings, when they want me to show sympathy, or if another person wants my emotional support. I always focus on solving the problem in such situations instead of showing "sympathy" by being "understanding" or something like that. That can be a problem when the other person is an F type. I also don't want others to show me too much sympathy; I definitely prefer that they are calm, logical and rational, and that they too focus on solving the actual problem.

- How do you feel/react if someone tries to tell you what you should do or tries to make a decision for you?
    I usually just calmly explain to them (if necessary) that such an approach does not work with me, and that I will do what I find best anyway. I am rather indifferent to both praise and criticism, and I only trust my own judgment (even though it can often happen to coincide with someone else's).

- Do you have a need to be in charge?
    No. At least not in groups. I have a need to be independent, though, to be in charge of how I live my own life. I don't allow others to take charge over me. I am a natural observer in group situations, but I also speak my mind when I think that something is wrong or bad.

- How willful are you and in what ways?
    Rather much probably. I do what I want and don't care much what other people do as long as they leave me alone to do my own business. Live and let live. I have no need to fit in, no need to be "normal", no need to satisfy other people's expectations.

- What do you do when there's something that you want someone else to do? How would you go about trying to "get" them to do whatever it is?
    I just ask them if they would mind doing it. I don't use any special kind of tactics, I don't try to play some kind of social game or be diplomatic. I show my cards. I am not very good at "selling" myself.

- Do you like to take the initiative or do you prefer someone else to?
    I prefer that someone else does it. I am much more reactive than proactive.