Hybrid View

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Elderly people and their taxing polrs

What are your experiences with elderly people and their polrs?

I was just visiting some elders and it was quite interesting to see how vividly the polr of this one person was on display, when she noted her most taxing and stressful situations. This example has to do with a female EIE (very clear EIE).

Before I say anything, yes, all elderly people have difficulties with things. It is not unusual for elderly people to have concerns about not being able to interact with others, due to their aging. But I made this thread to focus on the specific nature of the polr, and why it was, compared to other difficulties, relatively outstanding for this person.

She was talking about how she likes having company, but went on to say how she gets sick immediately after her company leaves. (IMO it is partly because a certain group of people is relatively high stress, but that is coming from someone who values ). She loves company and entertainment and holidays, so she is reserved about voicing her concerns. Yet the most taxing, and most difficult things for her were "picking up towels" and taking care of things, essentially, heavily Si stuff, that was involved with hosting a bunch of people at your home.

ah I have to leave right away. More later.

EDIT: blah, this post reads terribly, it's not what I wanted to convey. You can disregard this thread if you like.
    Last edited by UDP; 03-21-2008 at 01:47 AM.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, cull the elderly.

Initiate "OAP Apocalypse"

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@UDP: hostessing family for the holidays is a lot of effing work. it's constant waitress mode. it's taxing for everybody who has to do it, not just EIE's!

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree. What this lady complained of seems to be - she has to run after everyone and wait on them. Anyone would find that stressful. That's not to say that you don't have a point, but there might be other examples who illustrate your point better than this one does.

Creepy-Cyclops

We have a special place for them here. It's called the Isle of Mann. The Isle of Wight is for overspill capacity.

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always thought that older people had less of a problem with their polr than younger people. Then again I suppose if you add in other conditions, such as mental laziness, then I suppose it could be worse.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

Creepy-bg

what's wrong with being mentally lazy?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we should just kill them.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei