Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 41

Thread: Susan Sarandon

  1. #1
    Elro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    2,796
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

    Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.


    I pity your souls

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elro View Post
    Ganin typed her as ESTj. What do you think?
    That it both looks and sounds like a very good guess. She is clearly an extravert, and her facial structure is typical of a rational type. I would even say that based on V.I. she really can't be an irrational type; her rationality is too obvious. She also looks very similar to at least one female ESTj I know IRL. And I think that she seems to be a logical type too. No clear sign of ethicalness there, as far as I can tell.

  3. #3
    tereg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    EII/INFj
    Posts
    4,684
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    No clear sign of ethicalness there, as far as I can tell.
    She and Tim Robbins are always fighting and speaking out for stuff like this:






    Which, my opinion is is that it's an ethical issue to her.
    INFj

    9w1 sp/sx

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    She and Tim Robbins are always fighting and speaking out for stuff like this:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbncOXkKzcs

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40daMydUJ28

    Which, my opinion is is that it's an ethical issue to her.
    What you say here illustrates the problem with the miselading type labels in Socionics, because whether an issue is ethical or not has nothing at all to do with whether you are a logical or an ethical type. From now on, I think I will use the labels "T" and "F" instead, and my point is that I see no obvious signs of F in her. She seems to be a T type.

  5. #5
    tereg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    EII/INFj
    Posts
    4,684
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    What you say here illustrates the problem with the miselading type labels in Socionics, because whether an issue is ethical or not has nothing at all to do with whether you are a logical or an ethical type. From now on, I think I will use the labels "T" and "F" instead, and my point is that I see no obvious signs of F in her. She seems to be a T type.
    No, I wasn't trying to say that because she speaks out on ethical issues that that makes her an ethical type. I made a partial statement and didn't complete the thought.

    What I was trying to drive at was maybe in the approach in how she deals with issues like that. There might be a semblance of ethics, but I wasn't trying to insinuate that she's an ethical type because of the issue. Listen to her tone:

    "I say to those who tell me that we are fighting this war over there so that it doesn't come here, listen to the sons and daughters who are returning on their familes and you will know that the war is being fought here in the hearts and minds and bodies of those that are returning, and have already sacrificed so much, shame on you. We are here today to say it is time to remove the burden of the political crisis of the Iraq war from our soldiers and commit to caring for a new generation of Americans who are grieving, severely wounded and mentally troubled."

    Now, granted, this is only a small quote snippet, and I would actually agree on the whole that she is a rational type. All I'm trying to do is lay out examples of how she might use or as a vehicle and to what capacity she might use them/if she's weak or strong in either. I would think if anything, those videos demonstrate at the very least strong or valued . But by no means do I think that this alone makes her an ethical type. I'm just trying to expand on well known information about her to try to assist in extrapolating a type.

    I apologize if my thought was unclear.
    Last edited by tereg; 03-20-2008 at 03:32 PM.
    INFj

    9w1 sp/sx

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Do we agree that she is most likely an EXXj?

  7. #7
    tereg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    EII/INFj
    Posts
    4,684
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Do we agree that she is most likely an EXXj?
    Yes, I think the EJ temperament fits her very nicely.
    INFj

    9w1 sp/sx

  8. #8
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Actually I think LSE makes sense. She goes for Fi, Te, seems to have a general Delta outlook and to have no problems with Se. Her argumentation (assuming she wrote it) is also full of Si.

    It's interesting to note that she's been good friends with Gore Vidal, who I'm convinced is ILI, for decades.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  9. #9
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    She either LSE or ESI.

  10. #10
    heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,722
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i find her ridiculously attractive.
    asd

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    She either LSE or ESI.
    If that is true, we know that she is LSE, because we know that she is not an ESI.

  12. #12
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    If that is true, we know that she is LSE, because we know that she is not an ESI.
    Huh?
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    Huh?
    I know that your intellecutal capacity is limited, but surely you must be able to follow this simple logical reasoning.

  14. #14
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    I know that your intellecutal capacity is limited, but surely you must be able to follow this simple logical reasoning.
    You use this bad logic constantly. I agree that she's most likely ESTj, but you can't say that we know she isn't one thing therefore she must be the other. We don't know squat. Has anyone here actually met her? No. Is anyone here related to her? No. Is there some physical objective 100% accurate test available that she's taken? No.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  15. #15
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I changed my mind : she looks somewhat ESI-ish, because she's myersian ISTJ.

    But I agree with LSE.

    Besides, her is clear. She looks soft rather than hard, then >.

  16. #16
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    I know that your intellecutal capacity is limited, but surely you must be able to follow this simple logical reasoning.
    And I know that you're projecting your limited intellectual capacity.

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    You use this bad logic constantly.
    It's not bad logic. It is perfectly valid logic. If you don't understand that, well ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    I agree that she's most likely ESTj, but you can't say that we know she isn't one thing therefore she must be the other.
    Of course I can. I just did. And the logic is indisputable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    We don't know squat. Has anyone here actually met her? No. Is anyone here related to her? No. Is there some physical objective 100% accurate test available that she's taken? No.
    So, you are blind, is that it? You can't see that she is an EJ? Well, in that case I can't help you. If you don't see it, you don't see it. But then maybe you should keep silent and hopefully learn something instead.

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    I changed my mind : she looks somewhat ESI-ish, because she's myersian ISTJ.
    Now, you will shut up and stop spreading this total crap, you moron. She is not an ISTJ.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    Phaddy, not everyone's brain is like yours and if you don't understand and respect that, then i really think you should try to.
    I understand it, but I don't respect it.

  20. #20
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    I understand it, but I don't respect it.
    Why are you so narrow-minded ?

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    Why are you so narrow-minded ?
    Why shold you bother to open your eyes more than necessary, especially if you're always right?

  22. #22
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Why shold you bother to open your eyes more than necessary, especially if you're always right?
    I've never said that I was always right. Stop being paranoid.

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    I've never said that I was always right. Stop being paranoid.
    I meant that I am always right -- not you of course. Funny guy ...

  24. #24
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    I meant that I am always right -- not you of course. Funny guy ...
    That's why I hate ILI's. They think they're always fuckin' right.

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    That's why I hate ILI's. They think they're always fuckin' right.
    Yes, a correct observation. Ironically, not many people seem to understand that aspect of the ILI type as correctly as you do.

  26. #26
    eunice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Posts
    2,955
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    She's overrated and boring.

    EDIT: After posting here, I went on to read the rest of the posts and realize that she is unanimously typed as an ESTj. lol. Well, she could be a Te-ESTj.

  27. #27
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    I liked her in the movie of rocky horror

  28. #28
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eunice View Post
    She's overrated and boring.

    EDIT: After posting here, I went on to read the rest of the posts and realize that she is unanimously typed as an ESTj. lol. Well, she could be a Te-ESTj.
    All Deltas are boring

    Besides, Sarandon is E1. All Ones are boring bureaucrats.

  29. #29
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Susan Sarandon is great.

  30. #30

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    All Ones are boring bureaucrats.
    Correct.

  31. #31
    reyn_til_runa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    1,009
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Yes, a correct observation. Ironically, not many people seem to understand that aspect of the ILI type as correctly as you do.
    i doubt it. there are facts which can be known, sure, but ideas can only be built upon in, weighed against each other, strategically combined to form the most accurate representation possible. but there is always room, even with the most brilliant minds, for error. the picture will never be complete or perfect because it is a matter of changing perspective. can you think of many scientific discoveries that were accurately/completely understood the first time around and not later revised?

    so, im naturally averse to thinking i have understood it all. to proclaim my corrrectness and close my mind to another's perspective or evidence is foolish because it limits intellectual curiosity and growth. if you look at the negative space, there is a certain limitlessness to truth, as it emerges, and to what can be understood as a whole.

    and i thought ILIs were prone to see whats missing or to at least search for what needs to be corrected.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

    Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

  32. #32
    eunice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Posts
    2,955
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    All Deltas are boring
    -1

    Anybody who writes offensive descriptions of socionics types is.

  33. #33

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    It's ok, I don't think it's ILIs, really.........just Phaedrus.
    That's right. There is only one ILI in the world -- me. It's the rarest of all types.

  34. #34

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    bumped because this thread was lost in a sea of phaedrus

  35. #35

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    907
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heath View Post
    i find her ridiculously attractive.
    Yup, me too. So much so I am surprised she seems to be typed as my conflictor. I have never ever felt even a hint of annoyance with her or her style. That doesn't necessarily say much of course.
    INFp

    If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)



  36. #36
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    On the other hand, she may be SLI. She's not really rigid. Some SLI's look rational.

  37. #37
    The Troll Slayer Hitta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In your mom's uterus
    Posts
    4,009
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm sick of all the I don't like you because you are a certain type bullshit. That constantly plagues this forums like a basketball size kidney stone. Who the fuck cares what type Phaedrus is or what type he thinks he is? I wish the shit would just die. All the shit stems from a misinterpretation of socionics and the types in general.
    Model X Will Save Us!

    *randomwarelinkremoved

    jessica129:scrotums r hot

    :" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

  38. #38
    both sides, now wacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    TIM
    9w8
    Posts
    3,288
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Can really relate to this woman.

    "If this to end in fire, then we should all burn together. Watch the flames climb higher into the night."

  39. #39

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,099
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    ENFJ
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  40. #40
    2 EVIL I golden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Several stories high
    TIM
    EIE prob 6
    Posts
    2,969
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I get compared to her frequently. Use that information wisely, my friends.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •