SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Inuyasha (manga)

Kagome!
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I'm looking for people's opinions on the types of the characters.
    SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not in to the never-ending shounen genre, so just label the characters as Gamma and be done with it.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Miroku's LIE, but other than that I'm not sure. The rest don't seem to have apparent types, and Miroku's not even all that good an example of an LIE.

Inuyasha's Se (and probably EP), and Kagome's ENxj? I see an EJ temperament in her. Sango's some Gamma/Delta introvert. Sesshomaru may be LSI. Mioga... not sure about him either. Maybe a Te type? His role seems to be information gathering.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Inuyasha

Inuyasha has a lot of really hard to type characters. Almost none of them fit a specific type without any contradictory characteristics/traits. Here's an attempt at creating a list of characters and their types:

Inuyasha: Se for sure, possibly Beta.

Kagome: Se valuing for sure, and extroverted... hard to say beyond that... I was wondering about EIE, but some things don't fit. There are ways in which she seems more Fi valuing than valuing Ti. I'd be interested in hearing other people's opinion on this. The only complaints I have with her are that she should drop out of school and just hook up with Inuyasha. I suppose the story would be a lot less intersting if she did though.

Miroku: LIE. There are things that don't fit (such as his behavior with women), but I definitely see the Te and the Ni.

Sango: Seems to be a boring and weak portrayal of an ESI.

Shippo: some ethical type, probably irrational

Koga: He's a wiser (knows when to retreat) and more mature (able to express his feelings) version of Inuyasha in a lot of ways. I'm interested in people's opinions on his type as well.

Kaede: I don't know... seems sort of Delta-ish, but maybe that's just because she's old. Te/Fi > Fe/Ti, in any case.

Myōga: Weak/unvalued Se, probably.

Kikyo: stupid hoe (She's either a horrible attempt at creating an ESI character or an IxTx type... or some other introvert. It seems like most of her fans are Fe/Ti types, which confuses me. Maybe she's LSI??? )

Sesshomaru: LSI

Jaken:

Rin:

Kohaku: IEI maybe?

Naraku: EIE, perhaps?

Kanna: IEI?

Kagura: Probably either Te or Se ego, probably Te.

Ayame: Probably Fi ego type. SEE maybe?

Hōjō: A Si/Ne type, probably Si.
    SEE

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Kagome!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually agree with most of all of these, or at least the characters who I am familiar with.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inuyasha is SLE-Se IMO.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95 View Post
    what is up with anime and weird haircuts?
    Most animes (at least the ones I've seen) take place in alternate universes, so I generally just assume that this is the reason for their odd hair.

Also, Japanese people all have black hair, so they tend to take liberties wiht the colors of fictional character's hair more so than we do.

i understand US markets tend to import anime series several years after the original run in the domestic market. is this phenomenon some relic from the zeitgeist of the 80's?
    Psh. I only watch the dubs, which are usually available within a few days after the show airs in Japan.

(I will admit to preferring the English dub of Inuyasha better though... it's the only one. I have the subs on at the same time, and I must say that the English dubbed version is funnier. The voice actors are better too, oddly enough. In the Japanese version Kagome sounds less Fe though, imo.)
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Inuyasha is SLE-Se IMO.
    I'm sort of torn between SLE and LSI for my top choice for him, and I can't completely rule out Gamma.

The thing is that some Se creative types can be pretty impetuous at times. He seems more EP than IJ, but it's not completely clear.

I think most SLE's are a bit more stoic than he is. Then again, so are most LSI's.

Ugh. His type is not clear to me.
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you know the series where he goes to some tower with other people with him and has to fight his way up or something? I think it's Inuyasha that I'm thinking of, but whatever it is, it's an anime series that I really want to look up again...
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't recall an episode as such. I watched it all a few years ago (and read some of the anime), and I'm re-watching it with my kid. I'm only on episode 112 this time around.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you say "fight his way up", who was he fighting? Other human type characters?
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with almost of all Joy's typing with a few exceptions:

Inuyasha: A quiet SLE (I guess that is a partial agreement).

Kagome: Her role in the group definately seems typically Fi but maybe she was forced into it?
    Irrational and feeling at least.

Kikyo: A sick twisted rational Fi. And I don't think her main fan base are Fe/Ti types.

Sesshoumaru: SLI.

Jaken: ILE? Values Si and Alpha > Delta.

Rin: IEE.

Naraku: ILI is my best guess. Definately introverted and thinking.

Kanna: Perhaps ILI also?

Kagura: An angry IEE.

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inuyasha is ILI. The same type as Peter Pan (hence @Logos's remark about the "neverending shounen genre"). Izuku Midoriya from My Hero Academia is a real SLE.
    [Today 03:36 AM] anotherperson: this forum feels like the edge of the internet

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kagome should have taken the jewel shards for herself and slaughtered Inuyasha for choosing another woman. But noOoo TrUUe LooOve. Give me a break.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My opinion…

Inuyasha: socially introverted SLE (as someone else said here)
    Kagome: ESE
    Miroku: EIE maybe… considering ILE too
    Sango: ESI
    Shippo: Uh… he kinda vibes like IEE but I feel like he’s actually Alpha SF
    Kikyo: ILI
    Naraku: LIE (or Gamma NT overall)
    Sesshomaru: LSI
    Rin: SEI
    Kaede: ESI
    Last edited by kuno; 11-19-2023 at 02:57 PM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay wait, I’m not done… lemme also guess the Inuyasha characters’ PY types

Inuyasha: VFEL
    Kagome: EVFL
    Miroku: VELF
    Sango: EVFL
    Shippo: FELV
    Kikyo: LEVF
    Naraku: VLEF
    Sesshomaru: LFVE idk… this man is a mystery
    Rin: FELV
    Kaede: Not sure!

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inuyasha and Kagome had a dual relationship whereby the both of them trust each other deeply, so I reckoned Inuyasha is an SLE and Kagome is an IEI.
    Kikyo and Inuyasha on the other hand, their relationship is filled with suspicions and mistrust, which seems to fit supervision relationship well, so Kikyo is most likely an ESI.

Not sure about the rest.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby13357 View Post
    Inuyasha and Kagome had a dual relationship whereby the both of them trust each other deeply, so I reckoned Inuyasha is an SLE and Kagome is an IEI.
    Kikyo and Inuyasha on the other hand, their relationship is filled with suspicions and mistrust, which seems to fit supervision relationship well, so Kikyo is most likely an ESI.

Not sure about the rest.
    I’m not sure I can see Kagome being IEI, but Kikyo being ESI is something I’ve considered. She overall seems like a kind Gamma introvert

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuno View Post
    I’m not sure I can see Kagome being IEI, but Kikyo being ESI is something I’ve considered. She overall seems like a kind Gamma introvert
    Kagome seems like an Se-valuer of some sort, she has a very Se presence in this video, and she can be commanding toward Inuyasha at times. She is probably the only person who can tame Inuyasha's Fi PoLR.
    See that scene whereby Inuyasha was abusing the cat? Or that scene whereby Inuyasha was punching a girl? Kagome immediately tries to tame his Fi PoLR and uses the "Sit boy" phrase on him. I can see this is how IEIs tamed SLE's Fi PoLR.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby13357 View Post
    Kagome seems like an Se-valuer of some sort, she has a very Se presence in this video, and she can be commanding toward Inuyasha at times. She is probably the only person who can tame Inuyasha's Fi PoLR.
    See that scene whereby Inuyasha was abusing the cat? Or that scene whereby Inuyasha was punching a girl? Kagome immediately tries to tame his Fi PoLR and uses the "Sit boy" phrase on him. I can see this is how IEIs tamed SLE's Fi PoLR.

I don’t think Kagome’s Se is as helpless as an IEI’s suggestive Se. It seems a little stronger than that. I could see Kagome being EIE with mobilizing Se, but not suggestive Se. She doesn’t seem to have that much of a problem motivating herself to act or to use force on others. She seems to use Se on Inuyasha almost effortlessly, which to me seems more like demonstrative Se, but I think an argument could be made for mobilizing Se.

I also just can’t see Kagome being an introvert at all. She does introspect but she’s not really lost in her world of thoughts and feelings. Just how I see it. I think Socionics is subjective, as most personality theories are