View Poll Results: type of Tilda Swinton?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

1 16.67%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

0 0%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

2 33.33%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

3 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Tilda Swinton

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tilda Swinton

Is she INFp or INTp?

quotes:

I'm basically interested in identity, and I still find fascinating the question, "How do we identify ourselves, and how do we settle into other people's expectations for our identity?"

There is something insane about a lack of doubt. Doubt, to me anyway, is what makes you human, and without doubt even the righteous lose their grip not only on reality but also on their humanity.

I don't think I'm courageous. One man's courage is another man's comfort zone. "We Need to Talk About Kevin" explored a taboo subject: the idea of a less than perfect mother. I knew that, when an audience watched the film, there would be a gag reflex at some point. But I was fascinated by the subject - it scared me, and that interested me.

It's a real comfort zone for me to feel alien.

I believe that all great art holds the power to dissolve things: time, distance, difference, injustice, alienation, despair. I believe that all great art holds the power to mend things: join, comfort, inspire hope in fellowship, reconcile us to ourselves. Art is good for my soul precisely because it reminds me that we have souls in the first place.

I never quite understand the way society decides who is beautiful and who is not. But an open face and a capacity for kindness always feel like reliable signifiers to me.

I'm from the same planet as David Bowie.

What children, in fact all of us at any age, find frightening is unreliability and emotional coldness. The idea that you can't affect someone, that you can't see where they're coming from and can change tact at any moment.

I remember noticing, when I had my babies, how much I liked them, and not just loved them, but I was really into them. I knew I was going to be curious about them, and up for the mayhem ahead.

[on meeting Delphine Seyrig] She was so beautiful, but that wasn't the most important thing about her. She knew she was beautiful, and she'd stare at you as if to say, 'alright, have a look,' but then she drew you in much, much deeper.

[on not considering herself an actor] I don't know what it would take for me to feel like one. I understand it's a strange thing to say because I do keep saying, 'Yes, I'll dress up and be in your film.' But when I hear proper actors talking about their lives and how they approach their work, I feel like I'm up another tree.

[on what cinema means to her as an art form] My guides in this inquiry are my children who are now 16 -- they're twins. They're like lab rats really, they're very grateful. When I first started thinking about cinema for them, I started to really examine my own desires about cinema for myself... It was really to do with the children and seeing their eyes opening. And I started thinking about why cinema is good for the soul, and what it gives us. In a nutshell, what it is for me is this amazingly humane opportunity to put yourselves in the shoes of someone else. It's no more complicated and no less powerful than that. You go in, it all goes dark, and you put yourself in someone else's shoes and see through their eyes. That's just mega, it's so powerful. Even a painter, who can do it, only can do less. A painter at one time is showing you one frame, but a filmmaker can take you into an experience and an existential atmosphere that may be a trip for you. It's like a magic carpet. This is how I feel about cinema.

[on not taking her personal nor her professional life too seriously] I'm playful at heart. And myth-making is always fun.

Last edited by silke; 07-09-2017 at 05:56 AM. Reason: updated links

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she's beautiful

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

could guess INxj. very fragile, intj maybe
    asd

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha your sig is funny. hey heath ltns (figure it out).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

little tike's never silly
    lets try now shall as in lets try now shall we

i dunno, that is a hard one.
    asd

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTp or INFp I guess.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you supposed to know who she is? I don't. (And I won't search the Internet for information if I don't have a clue if it might be worth it.)

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Are you supposed to know who she is? I don't. (And I won't search the Internet for information if I don't have a clue if it might be worth it.)
    The woman who played the angel Gabriel in Constantine. Also the White Witch in Narnia.

She's ISTp-ENFp, individualist, Left-leaning, and a creative leader.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    The woman who played the angel Gabriel in Constantine. Also the White Witch in Narnia.

She's ISTp-ENFp, individualist, Left-leaning, and a creative leader.
    she also won an Oscar for her role in Michael Clayton.

i find her enchanting

here there seem to be clues to her type.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's creepy. She needs makeup...like a tub full.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

She is ISFj

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ILI or IEI Ni subtype

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

IxI

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

She strikes me as EII from her quotes and likely soc-first, something in the general area of so/sp 1w9/4w3.

Updated: Fi-EII so/sp 4w3
    Last edited by silke; 07-09-2017 at 05:51 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

intp
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

N type. Ni probably

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

oh, I had taken to accepting a ESI typing...I'm not sure who influenced that (perhaps mroe than one person?). I could see EII too. IEI on the surface makes sense, although she doesn't strike me as an "irrational" type (aside from the perception).

My favourite actress! (I'm not sure there are really any strong & persistent other contenders): her role in the movie Orlando especially (although of course the actor is not the only aspect of a movie: there's the quality of the source material, the emotional connection to the story, the aesthetic, the style of direction...). I cannot objectively say the extent to which I identify similarities with her (they of course can often feel indistinguishable from "mirror" images and/or admiration of traits I lack) - but she is someone I find exceptionally intriguing.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably LSI

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi! I think Tilda Swinton type is : INFJ-C

Myers-Briggs : INFJ-C (Calm) Estimated Profile : (I) 61,25% (N) 55% (F) 80% (J) 80%

Big Five/OCEAN : RCOAI

Enneagram: 9w1(sw1w2) Enneatype 9 - Level 2

Socionics : EII

Disc : (DC) Dominant, Compliant

Don Riso Subtype : The Receptive Person

Banned
    TIM
    LII (INTj)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

clearly a man

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have met a Scottish ESI who reminded me a bit of her. That might just be genetics and that they both are artists and share an accent.

I don't see her as Ne. She screams Ni to me. I also wonder whether she might be a 7 rather than a 4.
    When ppl look unique, ppl can assume they are desiring to b unique. But she doesn't ever talk about identity like a 4. She always talks about playing. That might just be me getting caught up on the buzzwords, but I would guess her love is a four before I guessed she is one
    www.nytimes.com/2020/09/08/movies/tilda-swinton-the-human-voice.html

TIM
    ILE-Ne SX/SP 5w6
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFx either one is plausible. I lean more towards EII. so/sp 4w5. A bit too pretentious, but I don't mind it much because there is genuine passion underlying it.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mightylizard View Post
    INFx either one is plausible. I lean more towards EII. so/sp 4w5. A bit too pretentious, but I don't mind it much because there is genuine passion underlying it.
    She is so much more Se-appreciative than my eii 4w5 mom.....

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure it is pretentiousness. When you listen to her talk and read about and watch her work, you get the idea she's had intense and deep art education. I think she's being genuine and very academic

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tilda Swinton - She is an Android

Last edited by khcs; 09-13-2020 at 08:25 AM.
    This is the comment you are looking for

TIM
    ILE-Ne SX/SP 5w6
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    I'm not sure it is pretentiousness. When you listen to her talk and read about and watch her work, you get the idea she's had intense and deep art education. I think she's being genuine and very academic
    I think her passion is genuine, and I think she is very intelligent; however, I am just more a fan of straight to the point explanations/opinions. I don't like when people attempt to dramatize something with artistic language. You can be straightforward and academic. It doesn't matter though. What I was really getting at is that I find she talks in a way that is reminiscent of a lot of So/Sps that I know.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khcs View Post
    Tilda Swinton - She is an Android

I look exactly like this. It is rare for me to see someone with my physio type/phenotype

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    I look exactly like this. It is rare for me to see someone with my physio type/phenotype
    Are you sure? Similarity can be very misleading. Do you behave like her? Do you have the same mood, gestures, thinking style like her?

Tilda Swinton has identical type to the actress Amanda Collin who plays an android in the Raised by Wolves series.

This is the comment you are looking for

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khcs View Post
    Are you sure? Similarity can be very misleading. Do you behave like her? Do you have the same mood, gestures, thinking style like her?

Tilda Swinton has identical type to the actress Amanda Collin who plays an android in the Raised by Wolves series.

I am phenotypically similar, not necessarily mentally.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

her Gabriel has a physical power I dont see in the EII I know. could just be anecdotal on my part

TIM
    ILE-Ne SX/SP 5w6
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beta NF, now that I have thought about it more. I lean more towards IEI, but EIE-Ni is plausible. She actually has a similar speaking style as Lady Gaga, who I think is EIE and also so/sp. I also think Sx-last (I am sticking with 4w5 so/sp) - she has to explain and justify everything (especially her passions) in a long-winded way that I think is related to sx-last. That is not a criticism, just an observation.