View Poll Results: What is Clint Eastwood's type?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

1 6.67%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

0 0%
  • LSI (ISTj)

5 33.33%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

1 6.67%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

8 53.33%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Clint Eastwood

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    steve mcqueen also looks to be SLI, Si subtype. that doesn't mean clint isn't an SLI. there are lots of differences between people of the same type.
    Fair enough, some SLI's are indeed more "serious" in their demeanor than others.

I think Harrison Ford is a good example of this more serious/Te type of SLI, but even he's far less rigid and more relaxed in his behavior than Eastwood is

Another thing, do people see Eastwood's demeanor closer to an ESI/Se creative or SEI/Si dominant? I see him as much closer to ESI personally...
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would actually sooner call him an ISFj than I would call him an ISTj. Whenever he displays anger or aggression of any kind, it always looks vindicative, punitive. It's always based on some kind of reaction to "evil" rather than on passion or a desire for conquest.

@ Juju: Clive Owen is an ESTj. The others could well be ISTjs but don't seem to look similar to Eastwood in a significant way to the point I don't see why you would want to bring them up in this thread.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ford is LSE. Notice how businessman-like he is.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is sad... Some would find it pathetic, but I'm a empathetic man

I've met literally over a dozen people of this particular model of ISTj.

Eastwood's type is as clear as tonight's cloudless sky to me.

TBH, I once would've said ISTp too... Knowing how hard some of you have worked at understanding this theory, it's sad to see you embark (-ed and/or -ing) on roads that lead to absolutely nowhere. (Say hi to strrrng for me when you get there.)

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everybodies first guess will probably be that Eastwood is ISTp.

But after closer examination, or a more open mind, and knowing some more ISTj's, everybody will eventually see that he's ISTj and cannot imagine how the heck they ever got the idea that he was an ISTp.

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post

But after closer examination, or a more open mind, and knowing some more ISTj's, everybody will eventually see that he's ISTj and cannot imagine how the heck they ever got the idea that he was an ISTp.
    This has nothing to do with having an open mind, this is just knowing what you are talking about and this is a problem that occurs quite often on the forum. He is as ISTP as they come, Juju is confused because he can't tell the difference between two opposing quadras.
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morcheeba View Post
    This has nothing to do with having an open mind, this is just knowing what you are talking about and this is a problem that occurs quite often on the forum. He is as ISTP as they come, Juju is confused because he can't tell the difference between two opposing quadras.
    ah yes, ofcourse he's ISTP in your eyes, cause ISTj's are more like Gordon Ramsay. hehe '-)

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I would have thought the reverse. He seems rigid and harsh upon first impression, like the roles the tends to play, but if you've seen enough of him you can tell he's actually very laid back and nonchalant.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw Heartbreak Ridge (again) few days ago. Directed and main-charactered by Clint Eastwood. It is highly unlikely that an ISTj would make such movie. The film is anti-ISTj manifesto, basically.

First off: how army is depicted? Eastwood depicts it in a way an ISTj never would.Not even the slightest trace of organization, discipline and stuff. Not even the slightest trace of those things which come so naturally to an ISTj. P>J and/or Judicious>Decisive, one might say. For example: in the movie the ordinary soldiers are speaking with their superiors with such frequency and in such manner which, as far as I know, is not to be found in any army in this world. ISTj should feel the army instinctively. The depiction of army is quite naive and romantic (as the whole movie is).

Now to the Eastwood's role. Since we all more or less agree that he is ISTx let us now all agree that he is ISTp. He is a lonely wolf => ISTp>ISTj. He totally disregards social conventions =>ISTp>ISTj, also Fe PoLR>Fi Role. He is on a power trip. Both ISTjs and ISTps are powertrippers, but the difference is that ISTps are asocial while ISTjs are social ones. So, basically, he is stepping on people's toes all the time for the sake of proving a more or less trivial point => Te-Creative (not Se-Creative - that would be stepping on people's toes for the sake of doing things deemed necessary/important). Not-by-the-book>by-the-book =>Result>Process. Chaotic>ordered => P>J.

Also, the whole movie has a strong Fi flavour to it => Fi>Fe. Remember all that stuff about developing relationships (with his wife, his boys, silently giving money to Aponte). The accent is on silent loyalty over loud and boisterous one.

As far as I know, all Eastwood's roles are like this one just described. One of the reasons why great actors are great is that they're true to themselves and to their types when performing. It goes without saying that Clint Eastwood is a great actor.

Btw..GONE.
    Last edited by Trevor; 07-12-2011 at 06:16 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+1

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my case it was the opposite. On a first glance he seemed more ISTj. But after closer examination, and knowing some more ISTp's, I eventually saw that he's ISTp>ISTj. TBCH, I'm not 100% sure. 99% certainty does the trick.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    +1
    Everyone who at first sight appears ISTp is actually ISTj, really.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently these guys have Eastwood as an ISTp:

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tuturututu View Post
    In my case it was the opposite. On a first glance he seemed more ISTj. But after closer examination, and knowing some more ISTp's, I eventually saw that he's ISTp>ISTj. TBCH, I'm not 100% sure. 99% certainty does the trick.
    YES, this is something that happens fairly often on this forum. Someone had mentioned that they can't see him having good relations with types, and went on to say that they are too silly for someone of his demeanor. I disagree, it can be said as well, that certain LSI's make it hard to believe that they could get along with types. But, you have to remember that not all duals are made for eachother. An that is overly flamboyant and dark by nature may have bad relations with a rigid LSI right-winged enthusiast. You guys make this into a black and white display of human complexities. There are too many grey areas to consider when typing someone.

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morcheeba View Post
    There are too many grey areas to consider when typing someone.
    I don't have any gray hairs, thank you very much.

And my personal complexities are perfectly in line with those of EIEs. The conflict only occurs in bed.
    Last edited by Park; 01-26-2010 at 02:33 PM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    I don't have any gray hairs, thank you very much.

And my personal complexities are perfectly in line with those of EIEs. The conflict only occurs in bed.
    What? Why should that happen sweetie? What are you implying with that statement?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say ISTJ. I'm not going to add to the analysis - already seems to have been done to death here without result, but i'll offer one bit of indirect evidence.

My father had but one and only one favourite actor - Clint Eastwood. Dad was ENFJ ... no way on earth would he be taken so much for such a long time by an ISTP conflictor.
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And my SLI roommate adores girly teen dramas starring EIEs, like One Tree Hill.
    IEE

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    I'd say ISTJ. I'm not going to add to the analysis - already seems to have been done to death here without result, but i'll offer one bit of indirect evidence.

My father had but one and only one favourite actor - Clint Eastwood. Dad was ENFJ ... no way on earth would he be taken so much for such a long time by an ISTP conflictor.
    Dude. My dad is an ENFj too. And he loves Clint Eastwood. Honestly, he's a huge fan. I think old ENFj men like making fun with his acting and voices, and his messing with others, whatever that is. He'll always do the impersonations. Conflictor love.

My dad also loves Jack Nicholson, and they're identicals.

We need some ENFjs on the forum, besides numbers, oh and morcheeba. They always do impersonations and would probably post like really funny videos, if they put their mind on the job. Morcheeba and numbers should do a play.

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    UGHH, I can't imagine watching crap like that, seems sappy and superficial, you sure they aren't ESE"s?

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need some ENFjs on the forum, besides numbers, oh and morcheeba. They always do impersonations and would probably post like really funny videos, if they put their mind on the job. Morcheeba and numbers should do a play.
    We have some characters on here that are really one of a kind. It would be great to put on a play about the 16types. The only thing is it would be a satire about love between 16 different nations and it would end with all being obliterated by an ESTJ who would represent the unholy and unjust U.S., because as I see it they are running this game and every other type is impersonating them. Juju can play the ESTJ, because I think he would enjoy the limelight enough to be able to pull it off.

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i guess this is one of those moments where there are a lot of ideas on what the functions are that contradict one another.

for instance, if we see him as SLI, he seems strict and serious like a j type, an LSI and this doesn't work.

if we see him as LSI, he seems way too serious to have Fe dual-seeking, but then again some LSIs are quite serious people.

there is also the consideration of what certain types act like when extroverting or introverting that i dont see anyone considering much about. a person like harrison ford comes off as having an IP (SLI) appearance and interaction style with other people to me, but is often extroverting and i think that confuses his type a bit.

also an SLI with a lot of positive Fi can show Fe and be very friendly. it's seems a bit important to look at where these functions might be resulting from. an SLI or ILI using Fe is using it from their Fi. so you can also have an LSI that is also not very merry at all and cut off from their Fe. maybe this is where the theory starts getting quite sketchy.

lately I've been playing with the idea of types creating personas of hidden-agenda types. it's pretty interesting so far and would actually explain him as INTj coming off IP (SLI particularly), but im not saying i support the idea entirely, it just seems to have a lot more merit in solving confusion like this, if not too contrived.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTj, the obvious ; dd

he should give his face to VI examples of LSI

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by givemeaname View Post
    for instance, if we see him as SLI, he seems strict and serious like a j type, an LSI and this doesn't work.

if we see him as LSI, he seems way too serious to have Fe dual-seeking, but then again some LSIs are quite serious people.
    and if we see him as neither of these and instead as ESI, both issues surreptitiously go away.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clint Eastwood is the exact reason I have such a hard time typing myself...well the same issues people have in typing him, I have in typing myself. I think he's probably more LSI than SLI, though.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jouziou View Post
    ISTj, the obvious ; dd

he should give his face to VI examples of LSI
    yes ISTJ.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, I thought he is a pretty undisputed SLI. Well, I think LSI is still much more likely than LII.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    Hmm, I thought he is a pretty undisputed SLI. Well, I think LSI is still much more likely than LII.
    SLI is the first thought most people get, because he's such a cool guy in movies.

but once you've met some LSI who are similar 'cool', it's more evident that he's LSI.

Lack of emotions is typical for IJ temperament.
    ISTP is more cool in behaviour but not so much in emotions (IP temperament)

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lack of emotions is typical for IJ temperament.
    ISTP is more cool in behaviour but not so much in emotions (IP temperament)
    YES. So simple, yet so accurate.

You're smart, Jarno.

This thread is helping me a lot in figuring out my own type and to realize I always was SLI. But continue, this is not about me...

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have difficulty seeing him as anything other than Delta, he seems like a good fit for this quadra if you ask me. SLI not because he seems so unexpressive, but more because I can't picture him giving him a crap about any . His emotions are only kept individual and personal, almost like he doesn't give a crap about anyone at the experiential level but don't take it too literally. LSIs are usually pretty sensitive to that kinda thing and try to keep up an external standard, or at least question their actions in light of what others may think of them, and he's just like the other Deltas who draw their feelings inwardly and are more serious and unfazed in the Reinin sense. In his dispositions he seems perfectly attuned to his : soaking in his bodily sensations, judiciously relaxed, ignores things directly around him, and imo seems a lot more soft and calm than what I get from LSIs, who in turn appear 'hard' and more alert, despite his tough-guy-ness. That's at least what I see when I look at SLIs. For some reason he reminds me of an introverted Hugh Jackman (LSE), maybe that's just me.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by hitta View Post
    Most Russian Socionists type him as INTj
    It's not. I had a look to famo.ru base, only 2/10 typed him as INTJ, and 7/10 typed as sensory type.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Not sure if I posted in this thread before.

I'm currently leaning towards LSI, although I think it's fairly easy to understand why SLI is also commonly suggested. I like him as an actor generally, and he gives the perception of being quite a calm, polite guy. I don't think such behaviour is alien to either type.

He doesn't strike me as someone who is a natural, passive observer who is happy to let things go as you might expect with a IP temperament, neither does he seemed to be a person who is described as naturally relaxed. People of many personality types would relate somewhat to his badass introverted characters...my perception is that movies by more SLI-like characters would be less prone to monotonous monologues (although of course he has played such characters).

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not SLE over LSI? I find Clint Eastwood more tough/aggressive than analytical (i.e., Se-leading > Ti-leading). For instance, an LSI character solving a problem in a movie would be analysing, reflecting, thinking, investigating, and would be aggressive at times, perhaps only when necessary. Clint Eastwood seems to be almost always the opposite. I suspect he might have some kind of analytical side, but I find him cast in such a way that he is always yelling, knocking down doors, fighting with people, etc. I would think of LSI as more of a thinking person - e.g., Christopher Langan or Mike Mentzer. Therefore, this would be more in favour of SLE over LSI for me...

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Doubtlessly LSI. Probably Ti subtype, Sx/sp or Sp/sx. Enneagram 9w8 maybe.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think he's Te-SLI, but Se-LSI as an alternative is possible for Clint Eastwood. I agree with him on this point whether he's my dual or conflictor:

http://www.maxim.com/entertainment/c...eration-2016-8
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI to the maxxx

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I never got the appeal of him. Too masculine for me. I need a guy a bit more fruity than him, actually.

And he seems really Te.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI-Se
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast