Thread: Ted Kaczynski - the unabomber

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ted Kaczynski - the unabomber

Probably LII.

http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Indust...and_Its_Future Here we can see that he's clearly a Negativist.

...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't understand the mentality behind this, or the Italian Unabomber. Clearly he had a problem with society as a whole, hence his not attacking specific individuals but rather those chosen at random. On the other hand, he might've found a detail about each individual that he didn't like; say if he'd been stalking them or something, and he thought "I didn't like the way she responded to that shopkeeper" or "I don't like his second name" as he looks in the phonebook for his next victim.

But if someone's read Industrial Society and Its Future, a quick summary of his reasoning would be greatly appreciated.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, he really let himself go there.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've read he would probably be diagnosed with schizoid personality disorder - a lack of desire/enjoyment for social relationships and general emotional detachment

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have only skimmed through Industrial Society and Its Future, and I would have to read it in more detail to be 100 % sure, but it seems to be typically LII, both in structure and in content.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    But if someone's read Industrial Society and Its Future, a quick summary of his reasoning would be greatly appreciated.
    I read it at the time, when it was first published, before he was caught.

In as far as I recall, it's about how large-scale technology can only work with an increasing central organization, and so reduce people's freedom, even to the state of "domestic animals", which you are today. So the way to restore human freedom is to shut down large-scale technology. There are also long tirades against "leftists", as people who should not participate in the movement.

As for his type: LII I think (I had already included him in a "Famous INTjs" thread).
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't understand the mentality behind this, or the Italian Unabomber. Clearly he had a problem with society as a whole, hence his not attacking specific individuals but rather those chosen at random.
    The Unabomber - Kaczinsky - wasn't attacking people fully at random; he was attacking high-tech professionals. How random he selected his targets among the latter, I don't know.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Creepy-Cyclops

"I don't like his second name" as he looks in the phonebook for his next victim.
    Yeah..I remember when watching Terminator 2 and he just goes through the phonebook to basically eliminate those with the surname Connor, that I wonder if someone could do that IRL, like giving someone the idea of a copycat type meaningless killing agenda. Thankfully it's never happened as I know, a reason to go ex-directory I suppose.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Yeah..I remember when watching Terminator 2 and he just goes through the phonebook to basically eliminate those with the surname Connor, that I wonder if someone could do that IRL, like giving someone the idea of a copycat type meaningless killing agenda. Thankfully it's never happened as I know, a reason to go ex-directory I suppose.
    Does an LII actually believe that? I don't think there are such things as "copycat" killings: the person has the motive to kill already; the source material offers only a way to conduct the killing effectively. By that logic we should avoid mentioning any kind of violence in any kind of medium, because its method might be implemented in a real killing.

Kazynsky was LII, ... I'd call him a schizotype, actually.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Wow, he really let himself go there.
    LOL

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Kazynsky was LII, ... I'd call him a schizotype, actually.
    That sounds much more correct than schizoid. He exhibits clear schizotypal traits, and that one psychiatrist diagnosed him with paranoid schizophrenia is also in line with his overall personality.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who knew the unibomber was hot?