Thread: "Caring" style behavioral breakdown

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default "Caring" style behavioral breakdown

Removed by User Request
    Last edited by DeleteMePLOX; 03-23-2008 at 04:21 AM.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChibiKeba View Post
    Forgive me if this has already been brought up, please redirect me if it has.

I'm trying to figure out how a caregiver type normally behaves. I've read several things on the forum, most pointing to the caregiver being the type of person that caters to others.

Is this always the case? I honestly can't relate to it at all. Sometimes I think I might be a caregiver simply because I think about the needs of others and do put forth the effort to make those around me feel comfortable and happy. But at the same time I'm not the type of person to play hand maid. When it comes to making people feel comfortable it's more on an emotional level then in a physical way. But the way it's brought up on the forum makes the whole business sound more physical then anything.

Also people have brought up that the caregiver is the more active one in sexual relations with the infantile, who basically just lays there and gets petted having the caregiver do all the work.

I REALLY can't relate to that, and it sounds incredibly dull. I relate more to INFp when it comes to sexuality, ISFp more when it comes to regular behavior.

So I guess my question is, are caregivers the types to basically be the domestic slaves to infantile types and is that what infantiles want? (I read a description long about about an ESFj and INTj relationship and it really REALLY disturbed me). I'm confused by this, I couldn't imagine being happy having to bow and serve someone like that, I'd be miserable.

I want to be there for someone in an emotional capacity and support them in that way. I have no clue what particular type that makes me as that's not really touched on much (or maybe I'm just missing those posts somehow).
    First off, I kinda like the idea of a ENTP pet, idk it would give me more control over what was happening.

Also, my dad is a INTj, so I can definitely relate with what you are saying about infantiles. Half the time he says he is sick and lays in bed reading so he can get tea and stuff from everyone. He definitely seeks caregiving, which my mom does relatively well, but she expresses annoyance with it.

I also think that I'd like being a slave in that way, getting orange juice for my dualwife and hugging every day. That is like amazing dream.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In fact I prefer to be taken care of rather then the other way around.
    I told that to someone once. I think that stems that we enjoy the idea of romantic relations with someone super special, and we think it'd be cute if someone could comfort us when we're feeling down and stuff. So yeah, I really think we want to take care and be taken care of at times.

Maybe it's an E-type 4 thing.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forgive me if this has already been brought up, please redirect me if it has.

I'm trying to figure out how a caregiver type normally behaves. I've read several things on the forum, most pointing to the caregiver being the type of person that caters to others.

Is this always the case? I honestly can't relate to it at all. Sometimes I think I might be a caregiver simply because I think about the needs of others and do put forth the effort to make those around me feel comfortable and happy. But at the same time I'm not the type of person to play hand maid. When it comes to making people feel comfortable it's more on an emotional level then in a physical way. But the way it's brought up on the forum makes the whole business sound more physical then anything.

Also people have brought up that the caregiver is the more active one in sexual relations with the infantile, who basically just lays there and gets petted having the caregiver do all the work.

I REALLY can't relate to that, and it sounds incredibly dull. I relate more to INFp when it comes to sexuality, ISFp more when it comes to regular behavior.

So I guess my question is, are caregivers the types to basically be the domestic slaves to infantile types and is that what infantiles want? (I read a description long about about an ESFj and INTj relationship and it really REALLY disturbed me). I'm confused by this, I couldn't imagine being happy having to bow and serve someone like that, I'd be miserable.

I want to be there for someone in an emotional capacity and support them in that way. I have no clue what particular type that makes me as that's not really touched on much (or maybe I'm just missing those posts somehow).
    Yes, you definitely have some confusion here.

Caregivers naturally use Si, so they care of their physical needs and surroundings, and in turn the physical needs and surroundings of people around them. Infantile types naturally use Ne, so they come up with possibilities of things to do for themselves so they don't get bored, and in turn do the same for those around them.

A caregiver type would be more likely to show love and to court through small acts of caregiving, I'd say, but that doesn't mean that the whole relationship is the caregiver taking care of the infantile person's every need. Also, I think caregivers and infantiles switch roles a bit as far as that goes - like sometimes I'll baby my husband a bit to show my love and appreciation for him, and sometimes he likes to receive that.

But for god's sake infantile types don't lie in bed doing nothing but get petted or whatever. ROFL. We have Ne in our ego block - we're full of ideas. And we don't expect anyone to bow and serve us. Where does this stuff come from anyway? There have been a lot of odd things said about caregiver/infantile relationships. Romance styles aren't anything anyone has to work at - that's what makes them work. They're how someone's natural personality is. If you are a caretaker type, you might not even notice you're taking care of your surroundings and from time to time those of people you care about, because you might do it so naturally that it might not require any thought or effort.

Anyway, have you read the wiki stuff?

http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Caregiver

http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Infantile
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She is right, you don't have to work at care-giving, or infantile-ing for that matter. I personally love to help people with little things.

omg ENTp who just lays there. I can carry her on my back and feed her applesauce.

*screams in joy* xD not really.
    Last edited by Mediator Kam; 03-16-2008 at 03:11 AM.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you just need a blow-up doll.
    omg what are you talking about?

You cannot feed a blow-up doll anything tangible.

I want to carry someone who actually weighs like at least 120 pounds, and someone who will actually dribble applesauce when I spoon-feed them.

And then they can do my taxes and help me feed the kids applesauce.

It will be a romantic marriage.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aren't all ENTp's like that?

Or are you all pretty too?
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feeding a blow-up doll makes no sense to me, sorry. It'd be too messy to feed someone who couldn't talk or say "thank you for feeding me dear" in the most amazing voice imaginable, and these dolls don't have throats or anything.

Anything, I think it is fair to say that we shall find someone who fits our criteria, eventually. I will be the caregiver with the jar of cinnamon applesauce, and you will be the infantile-y person who enjoys being taken care of at times, but is an independent woman.

+ 4eva.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I CAN CHANGE.

I've never got a piggy-back ride, I've always weighed too much 125ftl. When I am excited, I pace continously, until people are like "OMG you are making me so nervous with all that pacing."

ok, do you like the green applesauce they give you on St. Patrick's Day?

and omg, I love to travel, but not to stay. The idea of just being somewhere new is amazing.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

):I will make you feeel alright.
    D-SEI 9w1

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kamangir you would so love my life right now!! I'm on baby (0-1 years) placement for my course at the moment, so I spend most of my time literally spoon feeding little people apple sauce. And my mum is an accountant who does my tax for free (yay, and INTp being good for something!!). We don't really talk much (mostly we sit side by side on separate computers while she plays online poker and I try to show her what I made on photoshop on whatever day it is), but we don't fight much either. I'm still not sure what Nick (my hubby) is, although it looks very much like he's either ENTp or ENFj, most likely ENFj, but I'll forgive him for that! He's a male in his early 20's, there's gotta be some level of infantile there

I'm sick today so you get me for the whole day!

And the moral of this story is.....I dunno, I'm rambling!!! I have something pretty to show you guys though- I photographed and edited a pro wedding book for a friend over the weekend. Who wants linkage?

And now back to whatever this topic was originally about.....

Excuse my flu-brain!
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ooh! Ooh! I forgot to add- when I read the title of this thread I though it was about caregiver types literally breaking down, i.e throwing plates and stuff! LOL.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    First off, I kinda like the idea of a ENTP pet, idk it would give me more control over what was happening.

Also, my dad is a INTj, so I can definitely relate with what you are saying about infantiles. Half the time he says he is sick and lays in bed reading so he can get tea and stuff from everyone. He definitely seeks caregiving, which my mom does relatively well, but she expresses annoyance with it.

I also think that I'd like being a slave in that way, getting orange juice for my dualwife and hugging every day. That is like amazing dream.
    I do not relate my experiences with your father's at all.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm big on cleanliness.

For example, if I have not washed my hands and I am eating a cookie, I do not eat the part I held the cookie with. At all. This happens with french fries too. So I end up with a neat little pile of french stubs.

I am ridiculed for this.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kamingir, you need to get that "the loser" stuff out of your signature. Even if you're joking, I still have to move towards a revision of that self-demeaning aura, seeing as how you are a friend. Standard protocol.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

back away friend. It must stay. Standard protocol.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...as you wish.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dolphin has officially rocked this threads' solid core.

She wins idk, 10 GAZILION INTERWEBZ
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by My Best Friend View Post
    french fry stubs are endearing.
    Being with you is endearing.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alphas will probably also come across as pre-eminently goofy and childish in their relationship styles (to gammas). This thread sort of exudes that aura.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Salawa View Post
    Probably because Ni/Se types think they're totally boring/pathetic/suffocating and maybe exaggerate that a little. The Ni/Se types are also the the more vocal ones because the Ne/Si folks are probably too busy having really weird kinky Ne-sex to bother with what is happening on the forum and arguing with Se-valuing types who aren't going to change their mind anyway.
    are you being sarcastic? i'm curious.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Salawa View Post
    I'm deliberately evoking stereotypes.
    i was about to say, i hope you were joking because you seem like the most openly kinky among us (referring to your S&M thing + polyamourism, etc.)
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or cure all