Thread: Just one question, if model B is wrong why does Gulenkos +/-descriptions fit perfect

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Just one question, if model B is wrong why does Gulenkos +/-descriptions fit perfect

Business logic P (Te in your classification):
    proactive ("+"): savings, economy, careful maintenance
    reactive ("-"): expenses, investments, risks, combination, trial of something new

Structural logic L (Ti in your classification):
    proactive ("+"): implicative, if-then logic, logic of cause and effect, linear, chain, narrow-directed
    reactive ("-"): disjunctive, or-or logic, widespread, volume, holographic

Ethics of emotions E (Fe in your classification):
    proactive ("+"): playful emotions, translating of emotional state, entertaining and sound effects
    reactive ("-"): organic emotions, motorial and tactile effects, changes in emotional state

Ethics of relations R (Fi in your classification):
    proactive ("+"): warm-hearted ethic, homily, moral
    reactive ("-"): ethic of distancing, changing of psychological distance

Force sensorics F (Se in your classification):
    proactive ("+"): submissiveness, voluntarism, following existing balance of forces, demobilization
    reactive ("-"): submitive force, breaking existing balance of forces, concentration, preponderance in forces in some place

Sensation sensorics S (Si in your classification):
    proactive ("+"): stable comfort, habitual sensations
    reactive ("-"): thrill, different sensations, change in physical state

Intuition of possibilities I (Ne in your classification):
    proactive ("+"): intuition of perspectives, possible findings, synthesis of known ideas
    reactive ("-"): intuition of lost alternatives, unnoticed paths, hidden talents

Intuition of time T (Ni in your classification):
    proactive ("+"): intuition of reflection, waiting, reproducing of old tendencies, past
    reactive ("-"): intuition of suddenness, danger, novelty, future

These are directly from Gulenko, and they are exactly what I have said. I've posted them before and someone still has rebuttaled this argument. The +/- definitions describe INTps just as I have said.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe Gulenko's +/- theory is wrong?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem is that you look at things like this:

Quote Originally Posted by hitta View Post
    Force sensorics F (Se in your classification):
    proactive ("+"): submissiveness, voluntarism, following existing balance of forces, demobilization
    reactive ("-"): submitive force, breaking existing balance of forces, concentration, preponderance in forces in some place
    And then you simply take that to mean:

"ISFjs are very submissive to authority in most cases.", as per your ISFj description, and you say the opposite about ISTjs with "ISTjs are rebellious people".

It's just -- daft. It's a painfully simplistic extrapolation. The questions that must be raised are:

1) Did Gulenko really mean those definitiosn to be interpreted in that black-and-white way? "ISTjs have -Se, so they are rebellious; ISFjs have +Se, so they are very submissive?" That is, the +/- thing to make the functions act in directly opposite ways? Gulenko wrote a lot about many things, but I wonder if he ever meant anything like that.

This is what Gulenko himself wrote about the ISFj sensory subtype:

Can even be aggressive if people do not agree with them. Dutiful, active and hardy. In conflict situations is never the first to seek reconciliation. Can lead groups well enough, maintain discipline and order, and apply sanctions to those misbehaving.
    He writes similar things about ISFjs generally in socionics.org -- go take a look.

So how can you even begin to imagine that, from those brief descriptions of +/-, that "ISFjs are generally submissive"? Is it that simple?

2) Even if Gulenko did change his mind and your simplistic +/- definition is what he thinks (which I doubt), but, anyway -- is Gulenko the end-all of classical socionics now, is he?

Filatova says about Se in ISFjs:

For a time she tries to tune, to exhibit delicacy, but eventually develops the tendency towards volitional pressure, especially in terms of putting her principles into practice against encountered obstacles. In such cases are developed the concealed (only at first glance) qualities of exacting demand and persistence. She is confident in her rightness. Finds it necessary to subordinate others to herself – through this she experiences a feeling of satisfaction but she does not openly demonstrate this

Is that a "submissive" type?

Or in socioscope.com - Se in ISFjs:

Second Function: Volitional Sensing
    The ability to vigorously defend their rights and interests. The continuous, enduring drive to convince others to abide by the principles of morality. Persistent and uncompromising struggle against the evils in life. Demanding expectations for themselves and others. Successful resistance of volitional pressure. Readiness to aggressively protect what is theirs; purposefulness, stubborness, obstinacy.
    And on and on and on.

So:

- did Gulenko himself even mean those definitions to be interpreted that way? I doubt it, from the other stuff he wrote.
    - even if he did, isn't it fair to acknowledge that other socionics sources say the precise opposite? That's why hitta's understanding of the model is a violation of classical socionics.

What hitta did was look at that set of simplistic descriptions - probably not grasping what Gulenko really meant - then think that he understood it all better than anyone else, without even taking the trouble to see how it fits with other sources.

It's just -- absurd. It deserves no further consideration.

I think the "+/Se = submissive" is just the worst example, not the only one.

Watch now hitta not address any of the above and just say I'm stupid.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is this forum so afraid of radical change and progressive thoughts? This forum is filled with a bunch of fucking idiots. Why does everyone hate me so?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Expat said it perfectly. hitta's 'interpretations' aren't interpretations because he doesn't look at context; he simply takes a definition and writes a linear description off of it.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

indeed
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    The problem is that you look at things like this:

And then you simply take that to mean:

"ISFjs are very submissive to authority in most cases.", as per your ISFj description, and you say the opposite about ISTjs with "ISTjs are rebellious people".

It's just -- daft. It's a painfully simplistic extrapolation. The questions that must be raised are:

1) Did Gulenko really mean those definitiosn to be interpreted in that black-and-white way? "ISTjs have -Se, so they are rebellious; ISFjs have +Se, so they are very submissive?" That is, the +/- thing to make the functions act in directly opposite ways? Gulenko wrote a lot about many things, but I wonder if he ever meant anything like that.

This is what Gulenko himself wrote about the ISFj sensory subtype:

He writes similar things about ISFjs generally in socionics.org -- go take a look.

So how can you even begin to imagine that, from those brief descriptions of +/-, that "ISFjs are generally submissive"? Is it that simple?

2) Even if Gulenko did change his mind and your simplistic +/- definition is what he thinks (which I doubt), but, anyway -- is Gulenko the end-all of classical socionics now, is he?

Filatova says about Se in ISFjs:

Is that a "submissive" type?

Or in socioscope.com - Se in ISFjs:

And on and on and on.

So:

- did Gulenko himself even mean those definitions to be interpreted that way? I doubt it, from the other stuff he wrote.
    - even if he did, isn't it fair to acknowledge that other socionics sources say the precise opposite? That's why hitta's understanding of the model is a violation of classical socionics.

What hitta did was look at that set of simplistic descriptions - probably not grasping what Gulenko really meant - then think that he understood it all better than anyone else, without even taking the trouble to see how it fits with other sources.

It's just -- absurd. It deserves no further consideration.

I think the "+/Se = submissive" is just the worst example, not the only one.

Watch now hitta not address any of the above and just say I'm stupid.
    you know you're wasting your breath, right?

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Um, I never said that an ISFj wouldn't be aggressive if they were pushed into it. I've actually said that they would be. +Se is defensive retaliation minded. Quit putting words into my mouth. By submissive he means a person that conforms or follows.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    you know you're wasting your breath, right?
    Well, as far as hitta is concerned, yes. But perhaps it's worth writing it anyway, for the sake of others.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Well, as far as hitta is concerned, yes. But perhaps it's worth writing it anyway, for the sake of others.
    fair enough.