Thread: "I usually just can't decide" - is this LSI/ISTj?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default "I usually just can't decide" - is this LSI/ISTj?

This is what an LSI girl told me. She can't pick whether she wants to go to the cinema, she can't pick which movie to watch, she can't pick what kind of meat she wants for dinner. Did I mistype her? I thought LSIs were supposed to be very clear about such things.

I typed her and I was pretty sure, but sometimes she says things that make me think - "ah, I know very well what she means... We are so similar. Maybe she's beta NF. But she looks so IJ..." I know I'm supposed to be similar with my dual, but how similar is too similar? I usually stand for well over a minute trying to pick cheese. My dual is supposed to go there, look at cheese, decide that they all look the same and just take one without further thought.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina View Post
    This is what an LSI girl told me. She can't pick whether she wants to go to the cinema, she can't pick which movie to watch, she can't pick what kind of meat she wants for dinner. Did I mistype her? I thought LSIs were supposed to be very clear about such things.

I typed her and I was pretty sure, but sometimes she says things that make me think - "ah, I know very well what she means... We are so similar. Maybe she's beta NF. But she looks so IJ..." I know I'm supposed to be similar with my dual, but how similar is too similar? I usually stand for well over a minute trying to pick cheese. My dual is supposed to go there, look at cheese, decide that they all look the same and just take one without further thought.

LSIs aren't always certain as to what they want, especially where their inner feelings are concerned, that's where people like you are supposed to help out . They're much better at answering objective questions, like is home loan A better than home loan B.

Assuming your friend is an LSI, she's probably weighed up whether movie A will be more entertaining than movie B and found that there'll be no difference or she doesn't have enough information to make an informed decision - so needs to go with her gut (which if she is an LSI - won't like doing as there's no objectivity to it).
    ISTJ

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what an LSI girl told me. She can't pick whether she wants to go to the cinema, she can't pick which movie to watch, she can't pick what kind of meat she wants for dinner. Did I mistype her?
    Yes, probably.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there's certainly times we're all indecisive. I think is the source of that conflict for me. I can be very specific about what I want sometimes, other times, I just know what I don't want. It can certainly be confusing and frustrating for other types who don't see what the fuss is all about. It's frustrating for me too! I just don't know what I'm in the mood for; what will provide the most fulfilling experience at the time.

I also stand awhile choosing what cheese to buy if I'm presented with new cheese choices, or am looking for something different for a recipe or something. If I just want my "usual", then it's XXX cheddar and Israeli feta at Wegmans.

This is a pretty narrow example. Any other traits that made you decide she was LSI...?
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If that's a typical behavior, I'd guess she's EIE or IEI.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Rick said, plus she might not realize how she really is. I don't think I'm very decisive, but when I'm with Ne/Ni types I realize that in comparison I am.
    LSI

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    LSIs aren't always certain as to what they want[...]
    I'm surprised. I thought they were the be all and end all of decision-makers. I thought they were the decision.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoSpirit View Post
    What Rick said, plus she might not realize how she really is. I don't think I'm very decisive, but when I'm with Ne/Ni types I realize that in comparison I am.
    I'm hoping that's true.

Typical situation.

Me: been looking at my empty glass for 10 min but haven't done anything about it.
    Her: Maybe we should bet new drinks? or what should we do...? (unsure)
    Me: yeah maybe.. (very unsure)
    Her: You don't want a new one yet? (in a firm voice)
    Me: I do! (firm voice)
    Her: ah ok, lets have new drinks.
    Me:

PS! Rick= Peter?
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the way i would interpret this is by saying that clearly your typing skills could use some practice.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

I reckon sometimes it can be interesting to off put decision making onto someone else, as long as you trust them. It can be like a test too. Like can they make an appropriate decision for you.

It's like if something happens whilst you're not around - you want them to make the right decision for you anyway right -

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, i must admit my LSI dad is damn decisive about basically everything he wants to do.

I tend to this its the Ne polr that allows it. Im always wondering, but what if?
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Creepy-Cyclops

I've always thought S types are better at making decisions..when I say better, it may not be the correct decision, but certainly quicker and more decicive with that decision. I think that as they're more in touch with the present and their immediate physical self/surroundings, they are surer of what they want out of that situation, and with a weaker N they are less likely to consider other possibilities. Result:quicker decicive 'wants' and actions.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's probably an ISFj. At the very least that is the kind of behavior I've seen in ISFj quite often when it's a matter of deciding among alternatives that are not very relevant i.e. what to drink, what to eat, etc (sometimes done out of a desire to please, IME).

I'll quote an ISFj description:

Prepare to the fact that to walk with it into the store will be not such already light occupation. The fact is that your wife is badly oriented, where it is necessary to select of two even more than objects. Therefore instead of standing together with it in counter and on half-hour to listen to, as it kolebletsya even it doubts, better make a decision themselves, after freeing it from this need. In end- that of the ends, according to large very many there is no difference, you will purchase pink kitchen towel or zhelten'koye.
    I've always thought S types are better at making decisions..when I say better, it may not be the correct decision, but certainly quicker and more decicive with that decision. I think that as they're more in touch with the present and their immediate physical self/surroundings, they are surer of what they want out of that situation, and with a weaker N they are less likely to consider other possibilities. Result:quicker decicive 'wants' and actions.
    S and T = quick decisions
    N and F = not really decisive

so ST>NT=SF>NF
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFj would certainly be more possible than INFp or INTj. Or actually - she behaves like I'd expect from an ISTj, but she speaks almost like an atypical ENFj. ENFjs and ISFjs have many Rainin dichotomies in common.

She has a self-image of a lazy negativist person who can't decide things. Also seems to see herself as a shy scared person. But that's not really how she behaves. When she walks, people make room for her, even though she's a short slim blond girl. And I don't think I've ever heard her complain, so that's not so ISFj of her. Like one time, she joined the group, made a distressed grunt about how thing are not going well with her experiments and said she doesn't want to talk about it - she'd rather party and forget about that. dominant would be more inclined to share such personal experiences. She hasn't told me even one story about things that happen to her. She tells me about fun people in her lab and makes snappy comments (while smirking or laughing) about the bad things that have happened.

Also seems that she loves the energy about me. (I have energy?! ). It's plausible that she just likes the EJ temperament, but she told me she loves my expressionate way of speaking (indicates ). I like the about her. At the very least Se-valuing. INFp would find the EJ energy motivating as well, as I've read from the forum, but I really suspect the energy would have already disappeared from our interaction as it usually does with me and INFp relationships.

btw, this person has told me several times that I'm "such an optimist!". Really. I'm not exaggerating.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^

Just send her the Gamma way. But, first, get her to wear some makeup, assuming she wants to be noticed there
    XXXx <-- almost a beer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one thing ive noticed with my LSI friend is that if making a decision in advance, he generally knows exactly what he wants to do or perhaps what he should do, and does it without flexibility, as a matter of course. he even "schedules" times to phone friends just to talk, which seems bizarre to me given that i think of phoning a friend as dependent on current mood or a need/desire to talk for some unforeseen reason (unless of course there is prior warning of a need to talk in which case phoning a friend may be planned). but the flipside is that given possibilities to consider spur of the moment, he doesn't sense the importance of those possibilities and will opt to, lets say, stay home and do nothing (then later lament his "wasting time" or whatever) instead of making a quick decision to engage in some unplanned activity.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@emeye - She has no trouble getting attention. Guys really do notice her whereever she is. The problem is that she assumes it's typical for guys to invite girls to dance, etc, so as a default she declines without further thought. One guy who made a pass at her looked incredibly ENFj!

@reyn til runa - when I haven't planned anything, I'd rather stay at home and do nothing than go out and have fun with friends. I don't like unexpected plans at all. And I actually also plan when I call people. Like when I want to make plans for saturday, I'll call on wednesday or thursday even if I knew about the plan two weeks in advance.
    E3 (probably 3w4)