Thread: Quarterlife

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Quarterlife

Not that I would expect you to go through the effort, but I was watching the couple of episodes of this show 'Quarterlife' on hulu.com (thanks for pointing me there, BG), that I think has some relevance to socionics. It's a little angsty and dramatic, but it had a few finer points to recommend it.

http://www.hulu.com/show/381/quarterlife

The dynamics and relationships between the characters are interesting to note, but in particular I was thinking of the main character, Dylan, and the general interaction between the car salesman guy (yeah, I know, highly technical and precise term there) and the commercial-making guys: Danny, the business side, and Jed, the artistic creator. That latter interaction doesn't really reach fruition until the second episode, but it mostly seemed like a Te versus (I would guess) a more Fe approach in the finished commercial. As for the characters (and again, I can hardly expect you to run through both episodes on the site to confirm or disconfirm), here are some very rough estimates (in order of decreasing confidence):

Dylan: NF, INFx, INFj-Ne?
    Debra: ExFx, ESFx, ESFj?
    Lisa: SF, ISFx, ????
    Jed: xSxp, xSFp, ISFp?
    Danny: ST, ESTx, ESTj?
    Token technical guy (): xxTx, NT?
    Eric: NT, ENTx, ENTp?

Haha, odds are this is going to be one of those posts that recedes unnoticed into the backlog of the wherever-the-hell-unwanted-messages-go, but here we are!
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    (thanks for pointing me there, BG)
    np

what do ya think about that site? they actually do a pretty good job for being commercial, watching a 15/30 second Esurance ad for every ten minutes of show isn't bad at all.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    np

what do ya think about that site? they actually do a pretty good job for being commercial, watching a 15/30 second Esurance ad for every ten minutes of show isn't bad at all.
    It's friggin' spectacular. More shows would be nice, but they had It's Always Sunny, so I can't complain. Also saw that "Attack of the Puppets" movie on there, so might have to give it a shot sometime. Don't know what it's about really, but the cover has like eight shrunk people charging a humongous rat with gigantic table knife, so it can't be that bad.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    It's friggin' spectacular. More shows would be nice, but they had It's Always Sunny, so I can't complain. Also saw that "Attack of the Puppets" movie on there, so might have to give it a shot sometime. Don't know what it's about really, but the cover has like eight shrunk people charging a humongous rat with gigantic table knife, so it can't be that bad.
    well it's only been out of beta for two days now so I'm guessing they'll pick up shows quick. hehe actually It's Always Sunny is the exact reason I went there myself (they've got season 3!)

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    hehe actually It's Always Sunny is the exact reason I went there myself (they've got season 3!)
    Oh yeah. Some ridiculously good episodes in there! I loved Charlie playing Serpico in the penultimate eppy. His Pacino voice was right on.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend