View Poll Results: Kurt Cobain's type?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

    0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

    1 20.00%
  • ESE (ESFj)

    0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

    0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

    0 0%
  • LSI (ISTj)

    0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

    0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

    3 60.00%
  • SEE (ESFp)

    0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

    0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

    0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

    1 20.00%
  • IEE (ENFp)

    0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

    0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

    0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

    0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 134

Thread: Kurt Cobain

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Kurt Cobain

    Kurt Cobain is 100% ENTP










    Cobains' quotes:

    I've never been a very prolific person, so when creativity flows, it flows. I find myself scribbling on little notepads and pieces of loose paper, which results in a very small portion of my writings to ever show up in true form.

    I'm really interested in smells. I think I'd like to own a perfumery someday.

    Punk is musical freedom. It's saying, doing and playing what you want. In Webster's terms, 'nirvana' means freedom from pain, suffering and the external world, and that's pretty close to my definition of Punk Rock. … I wanted to be in a punk band before I had even heard any punk music. … I get a thrill meeting kids who are into alternative music.

    Every time I see documentaries or infomercials about little kids with cancer, I just freak out. It affects me on the highest emotional level... Anytime I think about it, it makes me sadder than anything I can think of.

    There's nothing better than having a baby. I've always loved children. I used to work summers at the YMCA and be in charge of, like, 30 preschool kids. I knew that when I had a child, I'd be overwhelmed, and it's true... I can't tell you how much my attitude has changed since we've got Frances. Holding my baby is the best drug in the world.

    I have to admit I've found myself doing the same things that a lot of other rock stars do or are forced to do. Which is not being able to respond to mail, not being able to keep up on current music, and I'm pretty much locked away a lot. The outside world is pretty foreign to me.

    I like to have strong opinions with nothing to back them up with besides my primal sincerity. I like sincerity. I lack sincerity.

    Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are. … If you die you're completely happy and your soul somewhere lives on. I'm not afraid of dying. Total peace after death, becoming someone else is the best hope I've got.

    Drugs are a waste of time. They destroy your memory and your self-respect and everything that goes along with with your self-esteem. They're no good at all.

    Throughout my life, I've always been really close with girls and made friends with girls. And I've always been a really sickly, feminine person anyhow, so I thought I was gay for a while because I didn't find any of the girls in my high school attractive at all. … I've always had a problem with the average macho man - they've always been a threat to me.






    Last edited by silke; 02-21-2016 at 09:56 PM. Reason: updated links

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can see why you think Cobain is an ENTP. But I truely do believe he was INFP. And because I don't feel like arguing right now, I found these in an older thread:

    As for Curt Cobain, I think that he was VERY perseptive and intuitional. He experiencedthe world and saw things through his Ni. He's INxP, and most likely a feeler.
    Quote Originally Posted by krae
    Cobain - INFP, IMO.

    Jim Morrison - one true INFP
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryBottom
    I definately think Cobain was an INFP rather than an INFJ or INTJ. I'd say he is definately not ISFP due to the fact fact that although they can be brillant artist/musicians they're not exactly great writers from what I've gathered, and Cobain had a knack for writing as well. Postponing things, acting spontaneously, decideing what to do as it is done, and doing things last minute are all P characteristics. Kobain even stated that he didn't write lyrics for his songs, often, until right before the song was recorded, LAST MINUTE. Also he had(very unorganized, I might add), books of poetry, which is VERY characteristic for the INFP, more than the INFJ and most definately more then then the INTJ. This generally shows FEELING and the need to vent that feeling. Also, he was very into art, as well as music. While this can be characteristic of the ISFP as well as the INFP, it, once again, rules out the INTJ, as they're not exactly known as artists. I've read a lot of interviews... never have I heard anything to refuse the fact that he may be an INFP. Also, to the guy in the other topic who said that he wonders if he may have just been an extremely depressed ENTJ or something... Dave Grohl said that he was one of the quietest, shyest, most introverted persons you would ever meet, and that he was extremely funny. Thats characteristic of an INFP(although it can be the other Introverts too) and QUIET/SHY- certainly not an extrovert. Also, his facial expressions are almost EXACTLY the same as many INFP ones I've seen. I don't particularly mean the look of his face, but the expressions themselves. If you've ever seen an INFP deep into inner feeling, especially when listening to a song... their face often resembles that deep eyed, hurt look of that one picture. Also, if you've ever seen the picture of Kurt, sitting against a wall I believe it was, i'm not sure quite where to find the picture... he has this open mouth aloof look on his face like he's in his own little world. I've seen this EXACT look before on the face of an INFP. Also, he said, in his past, he got beat up, he LET people beat him up. This is totally against an INTJ, to LET someone beat them up. They're also not the ones to create more controversy. They, I believe, would be very little like to also settle for a job as a janitor, remember, everything can always be better for them, I believe they have more of a will then that. An INFP on the other hand, the dreamer, dreaming of becoming a musician and taking up this janitor job on the side to get by until then seems pretty probable. INFPs tend more often to end up screwed career wise. I also read that they have the lowest average income. Kobain also said that people thought he was gay back in his highschool(he was infact, bi), this is much more characteristic of an INFP then INTJ because of the INFPs tendancy to feel more, be more feminine, and require more intimacy in relationships. And lastly, it seems to me... that all his self-destructive behavior doesn't really go along with the INTJ hidden agenda thing, even a depressed one, and ISFP aren't as prone to negitive feeling as are INTPs. I read somewhere that INFPs have the highest amount of depression of the types(along with high ADD, though that has absoulutely no relevance). I dunno.... It looks to me like it's pointing to INFP... maybe I'm crazy... I'm sure I had to be wrong somewhere along this... tell me what you think.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'd say he is definately not ISFP due to the fact fact that although they can be brillant artist/musicians they're not exactly great writers from what I've gathered
    Hm, then why are ISFPs often called the composer?

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow
    I'd say he is definately not ISFP due to the fact fact that although they can be brillant artist/musicians they're not exactly great writers from what I've gathered
    Hm, then why are ISFPs often called the composer?
    Because visual art can also be called compositions. Composing is basically just the act of arranging or putting something together which doesn't always have to be music.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typeless Wonder
    Because visual art can also be called compositions. Composing is basically just the act of arranging or putting something together which doesn't always have to be music.
    So INFPs are better musical composers than ISFPs, the type often referred to as the composer, because compositions can also be visual art?

    I must admit there is a strange compelling logic to your complete lack thereof.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow
    So INFPs are better musical composers than ISFPs, the type often referred to as the composer, because compositions can also be visual art?
    No.

    I'd say he is definately not ISFP due to the fact fact that although they can be brillant artist/musicians they're not exactly great writers from what I've gathered
    Kurt Cobain was a great writer. INFPs are generally seen as better WRITERS, as in lyrics for songs, than ISFPs.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan
    Kurt Cobain was a great writer. INFPs are generally seen as better WRITERS, as in lyrics for songs, than ISFPs.
    Whether or not this assertion is true I'm not sure if his songs are known for their lyrics. Let me quote from his most famous, "Smells Like Teen Spirit":

    mmm ah ma ah massd,
    eh na a wa,
    hrrmmm nnn, am ru ma na
    Okay, that's unfair. I'll translate:

    With the lights out, it’s less dangerous
    Here we are now, entertain us
    I feel stupid, and contagious
    Here we are now, entertain us
    A mulatto, an albino, a mosquito, my Libido
    Yea
    Now it is true that mulatto, albino, mosquito, and libido all rhym with one another.

    Another verse:

    And I forget, just what it takes
    And yet I guess it makes me smile
    I found it hard, it’s hard to find
    Oh well, whatever, never mind
    Goose bumps.

  8. #8
    Creepy-

    Default

    For the love of God, Cobain is ENTP

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    220
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How the hell was Cobain extroverted? And thinking? Just because someone is famous does not mean they are automatically extroverted.
    ENFP - Ethical Subtype.
    In touch with semireality.

  10. #10
    Creepy-Bonkers

    Default Corbain is an ESfj

    Yeah, because he was famous he was extraverted
    so we have E
    His style of dress, his lyrics and overall lifestyle suggest that he was a hedonist
    so we have S
    His deep lyrics and obvious emotional pain suggest he was a deep feeler.
    so he was an F
    Because he was successful he was a J.

    Thus, he was an ESFj.

    That is it. No questions asked!!!

  11. #11

    Default

    So INFPs are better musical composers than ISFPs, the type often referred to as the composer, because compositions can also be visual art?

    I must admit there is a strange compelling logic to your complete lack thereof.
    Here, go look up 'composition' at dictionary.com or any other dictionary. Here's even a link for you:

    http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=composition

    com·po·si·tion Audio pronunciation of "composition" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kmp-zshn)
    n.

    1.
    1. The combining of distinct parts or elements to form a whole.
    2. The manner in which such parts are combined or related.
    3. General makeup: the changing composition of the electorate.
    4. The result or product of composing; a mixture or compound.
    2. Arrangement of artistic parts so as to form a unified whole.
    3.
    1. The art or act of composing a musical or literary work.
    2. A work of music, literature, or art, or its structure or organization.
    4. A short essay, especially one written as an academic exercise.
    5. Law. A settlement whereby the creditors of a debtor about to enter bankruptcy agree, in return for some financial consideration, usually proffered immediately, to the discharge of their respective claims on receipt of payment which is in a lesser amount than that actually owed on the claim.
    6. Linguistics. The formation of compounds from separate words.
    7. Printing. Typesetting.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    501
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, because he was famous he was extraverted
    so we have E
    His style of dress, his lyrics and overall lifestyle suggest that he was a hedonist
    so we have S
    His deep lyrics and obvious emotional pain suggest he was a deep feeler.
    so he was an F
    Because he was successful he was a J.

    Thus, he was an ESFj.

    That is it. No questions asked!!!
    Did you even read what I wrote? Please don't make me tear this apart piece by piece. I'm sorry this is 100% wrong, and, not to be offencive, but bordering on near stupid.



    Scarecrow, he kept books of poetry. His lyrics for his songs do not show all that much of his writing ability, but he used pieces from some of his poems in his lyrics. The lyrics simply did enough for him that he could put the full emotion through them, without having to expose to the world too much of his insides.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Harry, I think that was supposed to be a joke.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    501
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Harry, I think that was supposed to be a joke.
    lol, ehhem.... well.... awkward.... yeah..... Sorry about that bonkers, I should have seen the deadly doses of sarcasm implied there I guess. I have a bad habit of feeling that strong opinions of mine are fact..... I probly shouldn't have responded so strongly wether you were being sarcastic or not. I guess I had a little INFP "devil" moment. :wink: ...anyways....

    (...o, thanks for the heads up Rocky, lol.)

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,018
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Kurt Cobain

    Kurt Cobain was ENTp.

    Last edited by silke; 05-31-2014 at 07:03 AM. Reason: updated video link

  16. #16
    Creepy-aurora_faerie

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrummy
    Kurt Cobain was ENTp.

    How do you figure...

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrummy
    Kurt Cobain was ENTp.
    lol, finally.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  18. #18
    what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Space
    TIM
    Seer
    Posts
    12,811
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrummy
    Everyone always types Cobain as INsomethingorother, and fail to separate the myth from the man. The Kurt that can be distilled into convenient Wikipedia-length biographical sketches (referred to among the Nirvana-cognoscenti as "teh Kurdt") is every bit the intuitive introvert, and most likely a feeler.

    The real Kurt was, quite frankly, an asshole. He would jab at security with his guitar during concerts, willfully trash any room he was free to defecate in, spit on and talk shit about people for no apparent reason. Once we factor out his depression and sickliness, he’s actually a pretty clear ENTp. He definitely V.I.’s as one (see videos of him – depressed people tend to all look deceptively INFp in still photographs). The behavior described by his mom and Aunt Mari in Heavier Than Heaven is more clearly Ne-dominant; outgoing, given to flights of strange association. In fact, if you read his journal, it’s drenched in Ne ranting, and his humor is almost always Ti centric. Of course later on we have to consider his "little habit" of injecting "heroine" up his veins, he also did tend to "tap the bong" quite a bit... which would explain his fractured/spaced out Beatesque infleunced poetry and lyrics.

    He was either a very depressed and angry INFp or a very depressed and lonely ENTp. Either one is equally likely, in my opinion. I do not believe he was INTj, however. That type is not at all consistant with his childhood personality and flights of fancy and with his somewhat histrionic tendencies. That's my story.

    When I first saw Kurt up here I wasn’t surprised because my dads INFp and they have a similar facial/bone structure, expressions, and even act the same... I definitely know an unhealthy INFp can be a complete asshole... (plus he always did remind me of my father, they even seem to be “addicted” to the same kind of bitchy drugged up woman lmao)

    But since you say he was all messed up I guess I could understand the ENTp thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

  19. #19
    Creepy-aurora_faerie

    Default

    I still don't believe he was ENTp.

    When I was depressed and on drugs all the time, I didn't act like a bitch, but then again I went and hid myself away. And if you read the things I wrote at the time, you wouldn't really think it was me, since I was messed up it was extremely hard to type me.

    An angry, depressed male INFp, with stomach problems and other illness, with drug problems and lots of power. Yeah he's going to be an asshole. If I felt I had nothing to lose by being a bitch, and I was THAT depressed and fucked up, I'd probably act the same way. Maybe...well maybe not because I wouldn't ever feel THAT bad but I'm just saying.

    Oh, and ENTp ranting...I've done that without trying. Some of my rants are very similar to rants of ENTp's, at least the one I knew very well. That may have been one of the things that sparked our friendship, we complained about all the same bullshit the same way.

  20. #20
    Creepy-aurora_faerie

    Default

    I know more about this guy than is healthy...

    And I love you for it

    I've had an obsession with Kurt since I was in 9th grade lol.

  21. #21
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    I never understood why he was so special.

  22. #22
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    I never understood why he was so special.
    MAybe you should spend some $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and LEARN it.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    I never understood why he was so special.
    ... maybe you need to learn more about irrationality. There doesn't have to be a REASON for things like this.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  24. #24
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sorry Rocky, but:


    OMFGZZZ GASP SHOCK HORROR GOD FORBID HE DOESN'T LIKE KURT KOBAIN WHAT THE HELL WILLLZ WE DO NOW!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!??!?!?!!?!??!?!?!!?!


    /Rant.
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    671
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    same. someone please explain that phenomenon. I had to watch these girls screaming like someone is raping them when they heard Cobains voice and that was beyond corny altough I was only 13. I continue to ask people and they are still unable to tell me why. anyway I am not giving enough Te(shit) about the whole thing so I'm not going to think everyone hates me if noone answers.


    [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ I still cannot agree with Cobain being ENTp but ugh.. yeah see my above post. thats why i'm so lazy

    3 minutes later:

    okay let's see what will happen if I say that I've always being bored to death (seriously) listening to Nirvana. not to mention of there are some fans around. I usually start playing tetris while whispering "retards"
    http://forum.socionix.com

    I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

    EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,018
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't think you'll find the response you are looking for on this forum. Go and pester the preteens at NFC for that. Nirvana is really more pseudo-culturally important as a band than musically. Musicaly speaking, their sensibilities fell considerably short of Rachmaninov, their playing never quite in the league of the New York Philharmonic, and Kurt's singing nowhere as tasty as Caruso. I will say, though, that "Lithium" and "Heart-Shaped Box" as are perfectly constructed pop confections as you are likely to come across... so perfect, in fact, that just about every garage band since 1995 has attempted to recreate them and as a result attest to the musical homogeny that the pop-rock overlords have blessed us with today.

    Culturally, though, they probably just happened to be at the right place at the right time and capped off the burgeoning backlash against the likes of Poison and Guns n' Roses; they capitalized on the "Grunge" tag and milked it for all it was worth... which, frankly speaking, wasn't worth very much. Even Kurt himself would shy away after the release of Nevermind from that label, and explore his more obviously pop-based (David Bowie), folk-based (Ledbelly), and early punk-based (Black Flag, Sex Pistols, Iggy Popp) influences. Not to mentioned the fact that the story of the troubled but nice, misunderstood, sensitive guy is as old as Virgil, Shakespeare, Lord Byron, James Dean, and Jimi Hendrix and a known cash cow.

    Nirvana was a large part of my musical milieu as a kid, and I still have no idea why. I've indeed got a soft spot for "teh Kurdt & Co." They were pretty much my first taste of popular music (I was an eight-year-old opera snob) that I felt honestly drawn to emotionally. Maybe it was just coming to it at the right place and time - impressionable prepubescent that I was.

  27. #27

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,018
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    I never understood why he was so special.
    Me neither fella. Or Nirvana in general for that matter.
    Two words: Bright Eyes.

  28. #28
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrummy
    I don't think you'll find the response you are looking for on this forum. Go and pester the preteens at NFC for that. Nirvana is really more pseudo-culturally important as a band than musically. Musicaly speaking, their sensibilities fell considerably short of Rachmaninov, their playing never quite in the league of the New York Philharmonic, and Kurt's singing nowhere as tasty as Caruso. I will say, though, that "Lithium" and "Heart-Shaped Box" as are perfectly constructed pop confections as you are likely to come across... so perfect, in fact, that just about every garage band since 1995 has attempted to recreate them and as a result attest to the musical homogeny that the pop-rock overlords have blessed us with today.

    Culturally, though, they probably just happened to be at the right place at the right time and capped off the burgeoning backlash against the likes of Poison and Guns n' Roses; they capitalized on the "Grunge" tag and milked it for all it was worth... which, frankly speaking, wasn't worth very much. Even Kurt himself would shy away after the release of Nevermind from that label, and explore his more obviously pop-based (David Bowie), folk-based (Ledbelly), and early punk-based (Black Flag, Sex Pistols, Iggy Popp) influences. Not to mentioned the fact that the story of the troubled but nice, misunderstood, sensitive guy is as old as Virgil, Shakespeare, Lord Byron, James Dean, and Jimi Hendrix and a known cash cow.

    Nirvana was a large part of my musical milieu as a kid, and I still have no idea why. I've indeed got a soft spot for "teh Kurdt & Co." They were pretty much my first taste of popular music (I was an eight-year-old opera snob) that I felt honestly drawn to emotionally. Maybe it was just coming to it at the right place and time - impressionable prepubescent that I was.
    I think you will have a better appreciation of Cobain if you notice the following connection instead of the musical one:

    Socrates->Hannibal->Augustus->Newton->Marx->Vivaldi->Nietzsche->Kafka->Guderian->Koniev->JFK->Costello->Cobain->Oasis->Cheney->........
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  29. #29
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrummy
    I don't think you'll find the response you are looking for on this forum. Go and pester the preteens at NFC for that. Nirvana is really more pseudo-culturally important as a band than musically. Musicaly speaking, their sensibilities fell considerably short of Rachmaninov, their playing never quite in the league of the New York Philharmonic, and Kurt's singing nowhere as tasty as Caruso. I will say, though, that "Lithium" and "Heart-Shaped Box" as are perfectly constructed pop confections as you are likely to come across... so perfect, in fact, that just about every garage band since 1995 has attempted to recreate them and as a result attest to the musical homogeny that the pop-rock overlords have blessed us with today.

    Culturally, though, they probably just happened to be at the right place at the right time and capped off the burgeoning backlash against the likes of Poison and Guns n' Roses; they capitalized on the "Grunge" tag and milked it for all it was worth... which, frankly speaking, wasn't worth very much. Even Kurt himself would shy away after the release of Nevermind from that label, and explore his more obviously pop-based (David Bowie), folk-based (Ledbelly), and early punk-based (Black Flag, Sex Pistols, Iggy Popp) influences. Not to mentioned the fact that the story of the troubled but nice, misunderstood, sensitive guy is as old as Virgil, Shakespeare, Lord Byron, James Dean, and Jimi Hendrix and a known cash cow.

    Nirvana was a large part of my musical milieu as a kid, and I still have no idea why. I've indeed got a soft spot for "teh Kurdt & Co." They were pretty much my first taste of popular music (I was an eight-year-old opera snob) that I felt honestly drawn to emotionally. Maybe it was just coming to it at the right place and time - impressionable prepubescent that I was.
    Yeah that is what I understood. lol you knew what Lord Bryon was. Im glad Im not the only one I guess Im trying to find a value connection within myself to it and cannot find one even though it is my generation. Tanks for your response Scrummy (aka dead Baby! *dies inside!* jk ).


    Rocky: I sent ya a PM as to not derail

  30. #30
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Kurt Cobain

    Nirvana frontman


    any thoughts?
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  31. #31
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    IEI fo sho


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  32. #32
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Phf

    Intp Of Course

    Isfp Mother
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  33. #33
    Creepy-bg

    Default



    good song

  34. #34
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    haha, right before i clicked the video i was hoping you were posting that one. i guess that's still my favorite. yeah INFp probably.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  35. #35
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I never quite got that song. I like teen spirit.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  36. #36
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian View Post
    I never quite got that song. I like teen spirit.
    whatever... the dirty cheerleaders were hot but the video is a bit much for me to watch now

  37. #37
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I frequently screamed "grandma take me home!" as an infant
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

    - Voltaire

  38. #38
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    whatever... the dirty cheerleaders were hot but the video is a bit much for me to watch now
    why do you like this one though?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  39. #39
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian View Post
    why do you like this one though?
    because that baby rocking out is cool as fuck!

  40. #40
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think IEI is fairly obvious.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •