Thread: prague thus far

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default prague thus far...

i just posted this in anything goes, but i think it is better applicable to general discussion...

hey everybody! my hotel has free internet and i can't sleep so i figured i'd catch u guys up on how prague is and how it's been with my supervisor, benefactor, and dealing with / valuers in general.

so basically the supervisor, benefactor relations aren't that bad because i've known them both for a while now and have had a fair amount of interaction with LSIs and EIEs IRL so i know how to act around them and what to expect.

a few things that i've noticed with them both though is that they both want to do what's best for the group even though it may not be necessarily what they want. it's as if the group's interests are more important than the individual's interests. another thing that i've noticed is that the EIE tends to ask the LSI a lot of questions and takes her answers as fact rather than questioning them, showing a lot of value in . The EIE also makes the LSI feel comfortable by making sure that things will be okay when something doesn't go right.

OK, just warning... / rant:

it's really getting me on my last nerve. A lot of the time this manifests in laughing really loud all the time at random things that they think should not be happening in the given situation. For instance, at a club we went to tonight there was a boy crying on the steps inside the club and as we walked by they both were laughing. Even though this obviously had nothing to do with me, I was offended at their seemingly lack of sensitivity to this boy. Another example is when our bathroom ran out of toilet paper and realizing this after my toilet usage (to be kind to u all haha) and after telling them this, having them laugh at me and not doing anything about it. after them laughing for quite a while and hurting my as well as being really uncomfortable, i told them to call the receptionist to get more toilet paper in which they laughed again at my angst in this situation. so overall, other than being obnoxious, these complementing functions also really hurt my .

the LSI btw is so closed minded that it also insults my such as when she says that a black man or a woman should not be president. she alo made the comment that even though she's visited many places all over the world, nowhere is better than New York.

stuff...
    another thing that i've noticed as well is their complete disregard for . while i have become the group leader in reading maps and figuring out this enigma of a transportation system, i have suggested many times to be cost-efficient and time-efficient in getting around the city and doing things we want to do. most of the time they either just ignore my suggestions which later end up having negative consequences, or finally accept them (seeing as now i am considered the transportation guru) after excessively using my to get them to accept my input.

many times too ill try to feed my HA by regurgitating random facts that i find interesting that apply to a certain situation we are in or a topic we are discussing and the LSI, being my supervisor, will just say that it's wrong- which it isn't... it's a fact!

ahhh there's a lot more but alas it is 6am here and i should attempt sleep despite the vicious combination of insomnia and jet lag. please don't get me wrong- i'm having so much fun and i love my friends dearly, it's just difficult and tiring. i hope these observations help you guys at all- let me know if u have any questions, need further clarifications or examples and/or feedback! i'll post pictures soon!
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to live in Smichov while I was working in Prague in 2001. Everything in the center is easily within the walking distance (center is small) and there was not much anything of interest outside--I mean, touristy things, my office was on the outskirts.

I had a car, so I've never had to use the metro/subway.

I wish I could offer some tips regarding entertainment and food, but my memories are vague, and probably obsolete.
    XXXx <-- almost a beer

Creepy-bg

what does and have to do with your friends being assholes?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no. being mean is not type-related.

any type can be narrow minded regarding different things imo.

The EIE and LSI part was interesting. I've never seen an EIE/LSI interaction. But I do know an EIE. Not sure if all EIE and LSI relations are as you describe.

The Te part reminds me of my interaction with my mom. She's very into saving costs at that moment, and when making decisions for her business, many times she failed to consider the long term effects. Her business is like a "middle man", and because she wanted to cut costs, she did not hire her own workers, instead she used freelance contractors who gained her trust and took her customers away. I seriously don't understand how she could not see that this might happen.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by emeye View Post
    I used to live in Smichov while I was working in Prague in 2001.
    Then you probably still got it when it was fairly nice -- right now it has become incredibly touristy.

The city itself is marvelous, probably indeed the most beautiful capital city in Europe. But the never-ending flood of tourists and the sullen attitude of the locals who are sick of tourists spoil it for me.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Creepy-Cyclops

Yeah it seems to be becoming, or rather is, a popular location for stag parties

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Then you probably still got it when it was fairly nice -- right now it has become incredibly touristy.

The city itself is marvelous, probably indeed the most beautiful capital city in Europe. But the never-ending flood of tourists and the sullen attitude of the locals who are sick of tourists spoil it for me.
    Haven't been there since, and even then the touristy feel was really bad. The price gradient around tourist areas (main square) was apalling: less than a 100 meters south, in the non-tourist area, same food could be had for less than a fourth (!) of the price.

It helped that I could speak Czech well enough for basic conversation, as the animosity against tourists (especially Germans, whereas Austrians were seen as OK; and Russians, albeit for different reasons) could be felt even then. I was lucky that my accent was neither German nor Russian.
    XXXx <-- almost a beer

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by emeye View Post
    Haven't been there since, and even then the touristy feel was really bad. The price gradient around tourist areas (main square) was apalling: less than a 100 meters south, in the non-tourist area, same food could be had for less than a fourth (!) of the price..
    Yeah. Interestingly, an indication of this was given by McDonald's. While all other restaurants in the tourist area had "west Europe" prices, McDonald's - even in the tourist area - cost less than half than in, say, Germany. I guess that McDonald's had to have the same prices for the Czech Republic overall, and they couldn't make it more expensive in Prague.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    what does and have to do with your friends being assholes?
    Everything.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    There was a good chinese place east of the Staré Město, I can't remember the names that much really..

What part of the city are you staying? The Globe Cafe is supposed to be one of the expat spots in Prague and we took to having a nightcap there before stumbling back to the hotel while I was there.

It's also next to another tourist trap, but one worth taking a look at.

http://www.geobeats.com/videoclips/c...prague/u-fleku
    The beer is good and strong and the place gets really rowdy later in the evening. Go early if you want to avoid the crowd, it gets rather loud and boisterous in there.

I tried to get to a middle eastern place close to Staré Město called Ariana but it was full and the wait was going to be long.
    thanks we'll check it out!
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope you're planning to see Prague Castle! Yes, it's tourist-choked, but it's also incredible, especially the cathedral.

Also, my friends and I had a great evening at this jazz club. Bill Clinton once played there: http://www.pragueexperience.com/places.asp?PlaceID=620
    INFj / EII
    4w5

Diese Tage, die leer dir scheinen
    und wertlos für das All,
    haben Wurzeln zwischen den Steinen
    und trinken dort überall.