Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Questions on SUBTYPES

4 Questions
    1) Can a person's subtype change?
    2) If so, can a person switch their subtype at will?
    3) If so, can they do it without any difficulty?
    4) Can a person switch their subtype a few times every day?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I think one can change his subtype. But what I have noticed about myself is that the subtypes change as one becomes more or less dependent. I myself was an intuitive subtype when I was dependent on my mother and otherwise immersed in social affairs. However, when college came around and I lost my social contacts, I became more independent, critical, busy, less hedonistic, etc., all characteristics of a logical subtype.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But can aperson change it at will without difficulty a few times every day?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thnk we have qualities of both subtypes, they are relative to our Two core functions... So I think the one you tend to use MOST is your subtype but it is very possible to use either of the functions.

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still of the belief that we can reprogram our brains to be whoever we wish to be. Don't throw things at me!
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can change, because as you grow older, your creative function becomes stronger. To a point in which it can take over the Base.

I can realte to Cone's experience; for me, it was obviously the contrary. As a child-adolescent, I was a logical subtype. Always on the go, act before thinking, choleric.

Then, around 17-18, I started to be calmer, and quieter, and observe more, and analyze more. Now, I don't need as much stimlation as I needed before. I switched to intuitive.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I think that one can "change" subtype. For a really long time, up until I was out of middle school, I think I was a logical subtype. Now that I'm out of that, I'm more of a split subtype. I'll probably be full-blown sensory subtype by the time I'm in college. Or at least that's how I'll act.
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx