Thread: Description of an LIE?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Description of an LIE?

My great uncle, whom I've never met, is apparently a self-made multimillionaire, through property development. My father tells me that he's a self-preservationist Three (after being given the description, he allegedly said "yep, that's me to a T"). He bears striking similarities with Plainview in There Will Be Blood. Essentially, he's all about success. If he's not succeeding; if he's not winning deals and achieving something, he's unhappy. He once went into a charity shop, and tried to haggle with the shopkeeper to bring the price on a jacket down a couple of pounds. The shopkeeper refused, and as he walked out, someone stopped and said "excuse me, I couldn't help noticing that you wanted that jacket", and he handed my uncle a few pounds. My uncle went back into the shop and bought the jacket. This is someone who has millions of pounds in the bank, and the guy on the street who stopped him thought he was poor. I found this remarkable. Surely you'd just get a tenner out of your bank and buy the jacket. Why didn't he do this?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because he was morally corrupt.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    He once went into a charity shop, and tried to haggle with the shopkeeper to bring the price on a jacket down a couple of pounds. The shopkeeper refused, and as he walked out, someone stopped and said "excuse me, I couldn't help noticing that you wanted that jacket", and he handed my uncle a few pounds. My uncle went back into the shop and bought the jacket. This is someone who has millions of pounds in the bank, and the guy on the street who stopped him thought he was poor. I found this remarkable. Surely you'd just get a tenner out of your bank and buy the jacket. Why didn't he do this?
    That sounds just sick to me.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    That sounds just sick to me.
    i would agree with you (and phaedrus) on this. i knew a guy who did something like this and i nearly cried when he did it it bothered me so much. i doubt an ENTj should be completely soulless.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what about ILI?
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mea View Post
    what about ILI?
    could be. i've heard worse of INTps.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Creepy-Cyclops

What use is having the money if it sits in da bank. At least spend some of it..

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    What use is having the money if it sits in da bank. At least spend some of it..
    you'd never know when you'd need it badly?
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, but if you have millions, the few pounds for a jacket you want shouldn't make a difference. granted, i'm sure this mentality is partially what has got him millions.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Creepy-Cyclops

If managed to become a millionaire then can treat self to a new jacket

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    i wonder if you were serious LOL
    huh?
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    yeah, but if you have millions, the few pounds for a jacket you want shouldn't make a difference. granted, i'm sure this mentality is partially what has got him millions.
    i agree. he is pretty miserly, even using someone else's money to buy the jacket he wanted.

anyway, a penny saved is a penny earned.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Socionics is the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

The main goal of Socionics is to help you with the transition phase between when you have your clothes on, and when you have your clothes off, demonstrated by this diagram:

clothes on ---> *teh Socionics* --> clothes off

If you study the tomes of Socionics too hard though, things may be more like this:

clothes on ---> *teh Socionics* -->

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the wealthiest men in my state, a senator, once bitched me out for charging him full price for half a cup of coffee. I told him that we didn't sell half cups of coffee. I guess he was really pissed off and complained to someone because the next menu the restaurant came out with had something called the "senator's tuna sandwich" and it was the way he always orders it, except it came with a cup of coffee! And it was the same price as a regular tuna sandwich.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He sounds like a cheapskate, but that doesn't specifically point to Gamma. Ezra's descriptions can refer to any type, even INFj.

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

For fuck sakes, this doesn't describe an ENTj, it describes an ESTj. ENTjs are risk taking people. They don't worry about prices.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the record, what I found sick wasn't really the stinginess itself. It was the fact that he accepted money from the random guy to buy the jacket. Unless something very odd was going on, I think it's fair to assume that (1) the guy was much, much less wealthy than Ezra's great-uncle and (2) he gave money under the opposite assumption, that is, that the great-uncle actually did not have the money to buy the jacket.

Instead of refusing the money, saying, or at least thinking, "no, thanks, actually I probably have much more money than you", he shamelessly took the guy's money - probably mistaking his act of generosity for stupidity. That's what I find sick.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    For the record, what I found sick wasn't really the stinginess itself. It was the fact that he accepted money from the random guy to buy the jacket. Unless something very odd was going on, I think it's fair to assume that (1) the guy was much, much less wealthy than Ezra's great-uncle and (2) he gave money under the opposite assumption, that is, that the great-uncle actually did not have the money to buy the jacket.

Instead of refusing the money, saying, or at least thinking, "no, thanks, actually I probably have much more money than you", he shamelessly took the guy's money - probably mistaking his act of generosity for stupidity. That's what I find sick.
    Precisely!

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    socionics is a very interesting thing. it think it really challenges us to really come at peace with each other having, often painful, differences. wouldn't it be nice if we respected each other for the way we are? without mockery or hate? realizing that we (conflictors or unfavorable types) are just transpositions of ourselves to utterly different cosmoses, universes, are as much of a creation of God as ourselves, as anyone...
    You're really oversensitive for so many posts on this forum to cause you agony. And to think that majority of the posts are mocking yourself? You're that insecure?

One of the wealthiest men in my state, a senator, once bitched me out for charging him full price for half a cup of coffee. I told him that we didn't sell half cups of coffee. I guess he was really pissed off and complained to someone because the next menu the restaurant came out with had something called the "senator's tuna sandwich" and it was the way he always orders it, except it came with a cup of coffee! And it was the same price as a regular tuna sandwich.
    what a weirdo
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    The shopkeeper refused, and as he walked out, someone stopped and said "excuse me, I couldn't help noticing that you wanted that jacket", and he handed my uncle a few pounds. My uncle went back into the shop and bought the jacket.
    So he ended up paying the full price for the jacket? This is why he is not a billionaire. Anyways he can steal the suckers money without regrets but he too quickly takes the easy route instead of going for the maximum benefit. That seems like he can dismiss Fi concerns easily, has strong Te but is not rational to the max. INTp? ESTp? Something like that. I would think ESTp (and ESTj) would likely be buying some quality clothes. Gamma NTs are more likely to buy cheap crap in order to save a penny.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hitta View Post
    For fuck sakes, this doesn't describe an ENTj, it describes an ESTj. ENTjs are risk taking people. They don't worry about prices.
    How does one expect to win deals if one cannot take risks?