View Poll Results: Are you neat and tidy?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am an XXXj and I am neat and tidy.

0 0%
  • I am an XXXj and I am not neat and tidy.

0 0%
  • I am an XXXp and I am neat and tidy.

0 0%
  • I am an XXXp and I am not neat and tidy.

0 0%
  • 99 100.00%

Thread: neat and tidy?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default neat and tidy?

Is this an indication of whether a person is XXXp or XXXj? I understand that p/j only changes the other functions, but I'm curious about this. State your type and whether you're neat and tidy or not.

I am an ENTp, and I am not neat and tidy.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not neat and tidy at all

I'm "neat and tidy" with only a few things.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh man! what if you're neat and tidy most of the time for most things, because you've got systems for the basic day-to-day stuff, but are messy all other ways?

if i interpret neat and tidy to mean 'organised' then yes. but i'm not neat per se. my bed and my desks (at the office and my bedroom) are only cleared up randomly and is usually messy.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know an ENFP who is totally neat and tidy, although I suspect he might be ENFj.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-RemoveCap

uh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NFp-
    ENFp

- disorganized thoughts
    - neat dressing style
    - messy room
    Ditto but I clean up all the time. I cant stand it when things get too messy. Usually I have neat little piles of clothes or paperwork.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ANSWER

ENTp: I'm neat and tidy
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTj: Neat and tidy when I live alone, messy when there is my mother that cleans.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFj: Not neat and tidy.
    Except for when it comes to my interests. They are constantly neurotically reorganized.
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

(Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

Creepy-

INFp

I like to look perfect if I can help it, but please don't look in my room!

I like to think that I can be organised. This manifests itself in my "My Documents" folder, which has countless folders, sub-folders, sub-sub-folders and sub-sub-sub-folders. The result is utter confusion!

Creepy-

I pefer to be neat and tidy, but it doesn't always work out that way.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what functions make things neat and tidy? Si and Se?
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    So what functions make things neat and tidy? Si and Se?

As creative functions.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm organized, but not that neat.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm ISFP and not neat and tidy I think.
    ISFP, SEI

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah! yes, i'm like ishy. i'm the only one in my entire department who can track down any document about any of my projects even though they're more than a year old, as i've got systems of filing (paper and electronic) that makes things accessible without my having to remember many things at all. which is almost the only thing that's saved me from being made scapegoat by certain hostile people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

usually I would think that I'm not that neat, for example at home I never file anything away or hang up my clothes, and it doesn't bother me if I have a dirty coffee cup in there for a few days or so. Also at work, my desk never manages to be tidy - it just seems like too much effort, but once in a while I will put my mind to it and tidy everything.
    Weird thing happened when I moved out on my own though - I started to tidy EVERYTHING as I was going. But it made me feel quite unhappy so I made a conscious effort to stop doing it and just relax, and try to find a mess comfort point.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, it is decided. I am definitely going to hire help to clean my house. I have many strenths... keeping up with household chores is not one of them. One of my strengths is my career, so why not let my strength cover my weakness? I see no reason to concern myself with matters such as dishes or sweeping or scooping the cat boxes when I can much more easily just pay someone else to do it.
    SEE

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

I'm a total slob. I eat like a pig.

But in the moment, when executing actions, I'm rather organised.

I take up a lot of space when I'm doing things though. And I hate squashing everything together.

I actually prefer to have clothes sprayed out across a couch, than to fold them and stick them somewhere. And I'd rather throw them into boxes, when they don't need to be easily accessible.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have to bear in mind that neat and tidy is relative.

Example, im very messy all the time. an INTj friend showed me what he called his "really messy house", because he had not put some stuff away or done the washing up, but despite that his place was immaculate. After i have spend hours tindying and cleaning like i do every so often, my place is still far more messy that his "really messy house".

So my idea of tidy, is more messy than his idea of messy
    Friendly ISTp
    Interested in everything, yes, EVERYTHING
    Flower's motto: Life's too short even to do the things you want to, let alone the things you dont!!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Theory about ENFP neat-and-tidiness:

ENFPs are generally messy and disorganized. But like their rooms and clothes to reflect something, to mean something, to present a harmonic picture of something. Hate a mess because it interferes with their interior decorating. Therefore attempt to tidy up, but in a messy and disorganized or fuss-free way. Example: when expecting visitors, simply putting all the dirty dishes into the oven instead of doing the washing up. Will "tidy up" by putting everything in neat little piles. Then they'll "tidy up" the piles by putting them in a box. See? Tidy room. Lots of Te, not a lot of Si.

Other kinds of neat-and-tidiness:
    Messy bedroom, but tools/motorbike/computer are tidy and clean.
    Being neat and disorganized at the same: person spends ages cleaning the stovetop in an otherwise chaotic kitchen.
    Sound familiar, anyone?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ummm.

Yes.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat
    Theory about ENFP neat-and-tidiness:

ENFPs are generally messy and disorganized. But like their rooms and clothes to reflect something, to mean something, to present a harmonic picture of something. Hate a mess because it interferes with their interior decorating. Therefore attempt to tidy up, but in a messy and disorganized or fuss-free way. Example: when expecting visitors, simply putting all the dirty dishes into the oven instead of doing the washing up. Will "tidy up" by putting everything in neat little piles. Then they'll "tidy up" the piles by putting them in a box. See? Tidy room. Lots of Te, not a lot of Si.

Other kinds of neat-and-tidiness:
    Messy bedroom, but tools/motorbike/computer are tidy and clean.
    Being neat and disorganized at the same: person spends ages cleaning the stovetop in an otherwise chaotic kitchen.
    Sound familiar, anyone?
    HA! you kill me. Im not that bad. For example I can let dishes pile up for one day then I HAVE to wash them. Even when Im cooking I clean as I go so as not to leave a big mess. Once the dishes are washed I'll let them air dry cause I dont feel like putting them away. I wipe the counters and the stove and then I feel like a million bucks.
    I clean in fits and starts. Sometimes I'll let things go for a day or two then suddenly I get the urge to clean it all up. I start with one surface, like my desk. I might make neat little piles but I clean it and arrange it so it looks nice. Then I move to my couch which also functions as a catch-all. I remove all the jackets, socks, books- whatever has fallen into its engulfing cushions. I move throughout the room (I live in a studio) until its all done. Usually I have a box with all the things I dont know what to do with or should review right away, usually bills and paperwork. Sometimes (often) I get distracted by some book or article and can spend an hour or two re-reading something that inspired me. Then I get mad at myself. Over all, since my place is small I can have it sparkling in about an hour and that includes vacuuming and dusting (yes, I even dust) I figure, Ive always wanted to live in a nice place but guess what? Its not going to get that way on its own, and I cant afford a housekeeper so I have to do it.
    call me a chauvanist pig but, Id love to marry one of those old fashioned girls who dont mind this stuff *sigh*

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm very sloppy in my housekeeping, but the files on my computer are ultra organized.

I agree that being "neat and tidy", is relative. You only have so much energy to devote to it, and at some point of your experience you must be very, very messy to compensate for you neat and tidiness elsewhere.

Creepy-aurora_faerie

INFp

Not neat and tidy.

I leave things around and have my own disorganized organization.

My room is made up of piles that I sort out ever few months when I run out of clean clothes.

I dress pretty neatly though.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that I am at college, I keep my room fairly neat and organized. I really like not having a lot of junk around. But it could be more so - my change is on my dresser, my desk has papers out.

When I get to it, tonight or tomorrow, I'll clean it up, mostly for organizational purposes, and preparing for what I need to do. I have nothing extra here, which is great, except for some supplies, like light bulbs and stuff.

I really like it, actually.
    I think I will try to make my living spaces like this in the future, because ... I like having a big room, but that makes me put more things in it and...... I don't like constantly putting things back and forth and what not. So... less in means less arranging.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESFj

Clean and organised unless bored

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I knew a couple of neat ESTPs. Both had cleaning ladies though. They both loved decorating too. So I think appearance was very important to them. The only times I saw them really cleaning though was when I thought they were doing it to procrastinate from doing something else.

I'm very messy. My mess depends on who I live with. Quite often I make quite an effort just because I know it bothers people. But its only rarely that I do it just for me. The building could collapse around me and I'd probably barely notice. I find it difficult to do things I don't like to do and its a real inner battle to force myself to do some things. Things like my computer and computer files are very neat and organized though.

Every J I know is MUCH neater than me. Some keep thier places really organized but never dust though.

Good example of my view...why make my bed if its only going to get messed up again?
    Polly
    ENTP

Creepy-Artemis nlo

I want to be neat and tidy but I'm too lazy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a force to do things I don't want to do that's for sure and cleaning is one of them. But I like things organized or I can't find anything. On the other hand people who are super organized can't stand my piles of stuff.

I figure my need for organization must be my German back ground; it the training lol; I probably wouldn't be organized had I not been raised by a German estj!
    Entp
    ILE