Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible Enneagram types of forum members

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    Phaedrus, I'm willing to go up against you. I would love you to first type me by the 1800+ posts I have, then prove to me that I am a E-type 9, because I am sure I am not.
    Why are you so sure that you are not a Nine? If you can prove that you are not a Nine, I will try to prove that you are not a SEI.

Creepy-Cyclops

Phaedrus, I'm willing to go up against you. I would love you to first type me by the 1800+ posts I have, then prove to me that I am a E-type 9, because I am sure I am not.
    It will be war, which is my point. E-type 9 wouldn't even make such a challenge, because they lay down and die under conflict.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Why are you so sure that you are not a Nine? If you can prove that you are not a Nine, I will try to prove that you are not a SEI.
    gloves removed.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I am between Nine and Two as of now, as you say.

The 9 type description, first paragraph. I will bold what I disagree with:

People of this personality type essentially feel a need for peace and harmony. They tend to avoid conflict at all costs, whether it be internal or interpersonal.
    Peace is nice, and I enjoy it. However, when someone attacks my morality system, I will attack them to the ends of the world or I realize that it is not worth it. Sometimes, peace won't cut it, and I consider it extremely weak to not have a backbone when people are infringing on your rights.

As the potential for conflict in life is virtually ubiquitous, the Nine's desire to avoid it generally results in some degree of withdrawal from life, and many Nines are, in fact, introverted.
    I am very extroverted when I am around my friends and people I know. However, if I am in a new social environment, I clam up and am very quiet. I do not fear conflict. I do not enjoy at all, but it is a part of life.

Other Nines lead more active, social lives, but nevertheless remain to some to degree "checked out," or not fully involved, as if to insulate themselves from threats to their peace of mind.
    Possibly me, but as i said, I do not fear conflict to that degree. I take life second by second, day by day, and roll with the punches.

Most Nines are fairly easy going; they adopt a strategy of "going with the flow." They are generally reliable, sturdy, self-effacing, tolerant and likable individuals.
    I am easy-going, reliable, self-effacing, and likable. But I make waves with my personal beliefs at times, which can sometimes lead to conflict, which I deal with to the best of my ability. To ignore conflict is to ignore life, which I cannot and will not do.

Nines, however, are self-effacing whereas Twos are quite aware of their own self worth.
    What does this mean Phaedrus. I am self-effacing when I am around people who compliment me, but I know my self-worth on the inside.

And the two description is more like me. I love to teach and help people.

brb.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does this mean Phaedrus. I am self-effacing when I am around people who compliment me, but I know my self-worth on the inside.
    I'd like to know what that means too. I'm the same - outwardly self-effacing but probably not in actuality.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kamangir

1. Read this.

Quote Originally Posted by R&H

Misidentifying Twos and Nines

There are a number of similarities between these types. Both are interpersonal, both tend to put others' needs before their own, both believe in service, both like to keep things positive, and so forth. Nonetheless, the differences between them are significant.

It is usually average Nines who mistakenly think that they are Twos; it is rare for average Twos to make the reverse misidentification. Some average Nines (particularly women) would like to be Twos because they believe that Two is the loving type, and since these Nines also see themselves as loving, they feel that they must therefore be Twos. But of course, the capacity to love is not restricted to Twos, and other types (including Nines) are equally capable of loving others. As with other general traits that are common to all the types (such as aggression and anxiety), love is expressed differently from type to type and must be distinguished.

In fact, the way Twos and Nines love others is quite different. Nines are unselfconscious, seldom focusing on themselves. They are self-effacing and accommodating, quite content to support others emotionally without looking for a great deal of attention or appreciation in return. Of course, while Nines want to feel that their love is returned, they are patient about it and can be satisfied with fewer responses than Twos. (Some of this is because Nines secretly do not want others to bother them or to affect them too strongly–they attempt to stay in connection with others while withdrawing within themselves to feel safe and independent.) Average Nines tend to idealize others and fall in love with a romantic, idealized version of the person rather than the person as he or she actually is. Average Twos, on the other hand, have an acute sense of other people and their hurts, needs, and frailties. Twos may focus on these qualities as a way of getting closer to others and as a way to be needed.

Unlike average Nines, average Twos have a very sharp sense of their own identities. Although highly empathetic, they are not particularly self-effacing or accommodating. Rather than being unselfconscious, they are highly aware of their feelings and virtues and are much less hesitant to talk about them.

At their best, healthy Twos can be as unselfish and humble as healthy Nines, but by the average Levels, there is quite a marked difference: Twos need to be needed, they want to be important in the lives of others, and they want people to come to them for approval, guidance, and advice. Average Twos almost "go after" people, and are always in danger of subtly encouraging people to become dependent on them. They tend to do things for people so that others will reinforce their sense of themselves as all-good and loving. By contrast to average Nines (who become silent, uncommunicative, and show few reactions when they get into conflicts with others), average Twos have no hesitation about telling people how selfish they are or informing them in no uncertain terms how much others are indebted to them. In short, as they become unhealthier, the egos of Twos inflate and become more self-important and aggressive, whereas the egos of Nines become more self-effacing, withdrawn, and diffused.

Healthy Nines offer safe space to others. They are easy-going and accepting, so that others feel safe with them. There is almost no tendency in Nines to manipulate others or to make them feel guilty for not responding as they would like. (Healthy Nines are more patient and humble–traits Twos could learn from them.) By contrast, healthy Twos are willing to get down to the nitty-gritty and help out in difficult situations. They have an energy and staying power that average Nines tend to lack. Moreover, the help that healthy Twos give has a direct, personal focus: it is a response to you and your needs. In general, Twos will walk that extra mile with others, whereas, while Nines sincerely wish others well, they generally offer more comfort and reassurance than practical help. (The particularity of the love of healthy Twos is something that Nines could learn.) The similarities and differences between these two types may be seen by contrasting Eleanor Roosevelt and Lillian Carter (Twos) with Lady Bird Johnson and Betty Ford (Nines).
    2. Job done.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just going to edit Machintruc's list, primarily because I don't feel like thinking up users.

Rick : 9w1
    Herzy : 7w8
    Ezra : 8w6
    Niffweed17 : 5w6
    Joy : 8 or 3
    Tcaud : 5w6
    Bionicgoat : 9w8
    FDG : 8w7
    Expat : 8w9
    Kristiina : 3w4(2?)
    Liveandletlive : 7w6
    UDP : 6w5(1w9)
    Pheadrus : 5w4or6
    Loki : 4w5
    Rmcnew : 1w9
    Discojoe : 6w5
    Jessica129 : 6w5(Seems way, way too insecure to be a 7)
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic View Post
    FDG : 8w7
    I reeeally don't get why people type me as 8
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could be 7w8 too. I've been up for longer than 24 hours, so...
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    Loki : 4w5
    Why? I admit, Machintruc has sewn the seeds of confusion... I went to some random enneagram websites... and read the 4 and 5 descriptions... and then I felt between them... and then I thought to myself, what in the hell is the difference between 4w5 and 5w4 anyway... aren't they practically the same thing.

Of course in the past when I did this I identified with 4>5, but I don't know what descriptions I was reading at the time.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

4w5 types tend to write more poetry than 5w4 types and are more likely to kill themselves. 5w4 types are more logical, and they might occasionally write poetry and plays, but they are more structured and like more Sciency things. If you are moody and depressive, you may be a 4w5, or a sad 5w4. Fours are also more retarted than Fives. I hope this helps!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    4w5 types tend to write more poetry than 5w4 types and are more likely to kill themselves.
    What do you think of ILI Fours ?

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    They are moody retarts and not prone to doing anything useful.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean
    5w4 types are more logical
    you're right

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Kamangir

1. Read this.

2. Job done.
    Great job, that didn't help at all. I'm half and half on both. I'm too irrational to settle down on one.
    D-SEI 9w1

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great job, that didn't help at all. I'm half and half on both. I'm too irrational to settle down on one.
    Here's some more informatin to think about. First some sort of summary:
    Twos and Nines might cross-type, although it is far more likely for Nines, especially those who identify with a nurturing role, to mistype as Twos, than for the reverse to occur. But Nines are self-effacing and humble; Twos are proud and have a strong sense of their self worth. Twos under stress become domineering; Nines under stress tend to withdraw. Twos are quite strong willed; Nines struggle with self-assertion.
    Then an "intertype" analysis:
    Enneagram Type Two (the Helper) with
    Enneagram Type Nine (the Peacemaker

What Each Type Brings to the Relationship
    Enneagram Twos and Nines are similar in a wide variety of areas and reactions; both types are interested in nurturing others and in helping people to be better, more comfortable with themselves, and more at peace. Both types also tend to be optimistic and to reframe disappointments in the most positive way possible. This pairing has an outstanding warm, kindly, and good-natured quality about it that each side reinforces. Twos and Nines are easy-going, hospitable, and undemanding, happy to make friends happy and to welcome them into their home. Twos bring to the pair a more outward and interpersonally engaging energy: they would most likely be the first to introduce themselves at a party or to go to someone's aid and comfort if they perceived that the other person had some kind of problem. Twos are proud of their relationship, their home, their family and their friends—and they want to share them with others. Twos constantly add energy and new people to the relationship mix. They are more talkative than Nines and more openly curious about other people, how they live and what they are like, and more eager to get involved in others' lives.

On the other hand, Nines bring a quiet steadiness and uncomplicated directness that allows people to flourish and things to get done with a minimum of stress and conflict. Even if Twos become upset about their relationships, or are feeling moments of self-doubt about how loved they are, Nines have a way of calming them down and of providing a great deal of unquestioned acceptance. Both types are drawn to each other to provide soothing and support; their home and hearth, pets and love of nature are extremely important to them. Both go out of their way to be considerate of each other, as well as of other people. Much of their best communication is non-verbal, physical, arising from their simple, direct presence to each other. They can develop almost a psychic link with each other. This is a very mellow couple, whose emphasis on hospitality reminds people of how healing it is to be around loving, generous people.

Potential Trouble Spots or Issues
    Both Twos and Nines tend to give away their power and to go along with the agendas of others. Yet, one of the parties will have to wear the pants in the family, taking charge and making decisions. Doing so goes against the grain of both types, although either will take charge if necessary. However, negotiating power and decision making in a Two/Nine couple puts both parties under increasing stress and both tend to feel that they are being forced into the bad guy role in the family—and that they will be resented and unloved while their partner gets off the hook.

Further, neither finds it easy to talk about their feelings or their growing discontent with the power balance in the relationship, or with any other sources of resentment and potential conflicts that they may have. Twos tend to actually take over too much, becoming domineering and controlling, not hesitating to boss the Nine around and to speak with surprising harshness to him or her. But because Twos can rationalize their motives and see themselves only as all loving, they can continue without feeling guilty or embarrassed.

Nines find it difficult to find their own voice and to speak up for themselves. But when the Nine actually does speak up, the Two often takes this as a lack of gratitude and tries to turn the Nine's comments around on them. Twos are not good at taking criticism, and when Nines find the courage to speak up, they may go overboard with a load of old resentments that have pilled up. The result is that Nines withdraw into silence and become passive-aggressive as a way of dealing with their anger, while Twos feel unappreciated, misunderstood, and rejected. Both try to keep everything quiet and normal on the surface, although they begin to deteriorate into longer silences with each other-and more distance, including less physical contact. An air of tension takes over, punctuated by angry outbursts and recriminations. The couple that seems so unassuming and supportive tends to end through attrition and drifting apart. Nobody wants to talk about what has really happened, no body wants to take responsibility for the deterioration of the relationship, and things eventually simply fall apart.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Under stress, I become very bitchy and blunt with people, like I'm in a ton of shit now, get out of my way, stop bothering me. I don't have time to be your friend and joke with you. But yes, I regret saying it afterwards.

In the intertype description, I agree with everything here.

(The E-type 2)They would most likely be the first to introduce themselves at a party(not always, but if I see an opening for communication, I go for it.) or to go to someone's aid and comfort if they perceived that the other person had some kind of problem. Twos are proud of their relationship, their home, their family and their friends—and they want to share them with others. Twos constantly add energy and new people to the relationship mix. They are more talkative than Nines and more openly curious about other people, how they live and what they are like, and more eager to get involved in others' lives.
    Nines find it difficult to find their own voice and to speak up for themselves.
    This is very true, I fold a little under pressure, but I still feel the need to defend my point of view.

On the other hand, Nines bring a quiet steadiness and uncomplicated directness that allows people to flourish and things to get done with a minimum of stress and conflict.
    nope. Not at all. I'm usually trying to attract attention to myself verbally.

Once more, I feel more e-type 2 still, but there are some things of E-type nine I am like.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I didn't think so either. Your name suggests that you probably don't need one ... right?
    If I only had one wing I'd just go around in circles all the time anyway.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those who care I've determined that I'm most likely a 6w7.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic View Post
    Ezra : 8w6
    Eh? You meant 8w7, yeah?

Other than that, I agree. Except 8w7 for Fabio is laughable

(Seems way, way too insecure to be a 7)
    You reckon she's insecure?

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I reeeally don't get why people type me as 8
    I know, it's strange isn't it.

I smite thee, Te PoLR, to the dirt.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, I had been up for a VERYYYY long time when I posted that. 7w8 does make more sense for him now, and yes, of course I meant 8w7. I pretty much stick by the rest of them though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never seen or heard of an ILI four, if you've seen one I'd be suspicious you've mistyped an IEI intuitive subtype for an ILI or that you really saw a ILI 5w4 but mixed up the placement of the 5 and the 4
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misutii View Post
    I have never seen or heard of an ILI four, if you've seen one I'd be suspicious you've mistyped an IEI intuitive subtype for an ILI or that you really saw a ILI 5w4 but mixed up the placement of the 5 and the 4
    Why can't ILI's be Fours ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why can't ILI's be Fours ?
    It's not necessarily that they can't, but it is so improbable that if a case actually and truly exists its existence should be validated in detail to make sure they are not actually an IEI 4w5 or a ILI 5w4
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not necessarily that they can't, but it is so improbable that if a case actually and truly exists its existence should be validated in detail to make sure they are not actually an IEI 4w5 or a ILI 5w4
    I've known lots of ILI's who were depressive, hostile, pushy and unmotivated.

They usually look like CP Sixes or depressed Fives.

Lots of ILI's are -+-.

For example, I suspect these people to be ILI -+- :

- Victor Talanov
    - Grigory Reinin
    - Sri Aurobindo
    - Woody Allen
    - Charles Darwin
    - Vincent Van Gogh

ILI Fours are "critics", whereas ILI Fives are "observers"

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've known lots of ILI's who were depressive, hostile, pushy and unmotivated.
    Yes, that's not at all uncommon in ILIs.

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    ILI Fours are "critics", whereas ILI Fives are "observers"
    There is simply no empirical basis for such a claim. It's just a theoretical assmumption with no relation to reality.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is simply no empirical basis for such a claim. It's just a theoretical assmumption with no relation to reality.
    You know, you're E4 yourself. Apperently, it's fuckin' clear that you look more S- than S0, because of your confrontational nature.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Salawa View Post
    "Depressive", "hostile", and "unmotivated" apply as much to the Five as to the Four, and neither is noted for its pushiness except when integrating (the Two and Eight are both "pushy").

Honestly, when you say things like this I think you're merely reacting to your own discomfort at their lack of and not looking at it objectively.
    Twos pushy, what the F !?

Then how would you differentiate Fours and Fives ?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, you're E4 yourself.
    No. It is a totally obvious, indisputable fact that I am an E5.

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Apperently, it's fuckin' clear that you look more S- than S0, because of your confrontational nature.
    If your assumptions lead you to a false conclustion, then there must be something wrong with at least one of your asumptions. It is a fact that I am an E5, and therefore you must come to that conclusion. If you don't, you are obviously wrong.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your assumptions lead you to a false conclustion, then there must be something wrong with at least one of your asumptions. It is a fact that I am an E5, and therefore you must come to that conclusion. If you don't, you are obviously wrong.
    Then, why are you always in confrontation ?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good point.

Yes.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Currently thinking :

Rmcnew : 1

Bionicgoat : 2
    Kristiina : 2
    Cracka : 2

Herzy : 3
    Joy : 3
    Salawa : 3
    UDP : 3

Niffweed17 : 4
    Loki : 4
    Chopin : 4

Tcaud : 5
    Jessica129 : 5
    Hitta : 5
    Minde : 5

Expat : 6
    Pheadrus : 6
    Implied : 6

FDG : 7
    Liveandletlive : 7

Discojoe : 8
    Ezra : 8

Rick : 9

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Almost all of them wrong, machintruc. Nice!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why don't you explain why you believe those are the types?

Start with me, if you want to.

PS: 50 euros is on me being an E3 because I posted a picture of me with an award lol
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Why don't you explain why you believe those are the types?

Start with me, if you want to.

PS: 50 euros is on me being an E3 because I posted a picture of me with an award lol

Because there'd be too much explanations to do, I don't really want to waste my time for this.

I don't really know if you're E1, E3, or a stupid E8. I chose E3 in order to make a choice. That's all.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Psh if I am an E3 then I am absoulutely the worst E3 ever. Look how unadmired I am in this thread, the thread of the forum members you want to meet: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ad.php?t=18660 Aimicable and admired? Is that what I seek to be? Absolutely not.

Case closed.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think Niffweed is a 4.

Possibly 5w4 tho.

I dunno. You'd have to ask him.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Niffweed is a 4, he is full of stryfe like us.
    D-SEI 9w1

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Niffweed is a 4, he is full of stryfe like us.
    hahaha.
    right. i forgot.
    i mean what with his emo poems and everything.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    If you decide to add me to the list I really don't think I'm in the same category as mcnew - very very different in our motivations and such.
    I think you're an enneagram 11.

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast