Thread: Ne Bits of Info

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ne Bits of Info

What kind of info does Ne process and how does it organise it?

Enfps and Entps always talk about "the story", "your story" etc. Isn't thant Ni? What does Ne see? What do they mean by potential?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, I guess Ne sees what could or might be as opposed to what is? I won't try to explicate anything much as far as Ne + Ti is concerned. I'll leave that to the experts in that arena. Perhaps, and I'm open to objections here, Ne is concerned with the ranges of what something can be or do. Other aspects might reflect more concretely on the uses of these variations, but for the Ne-valuer I suspect these possibilities might be regarded as more real or, at least as much so, as real as the particular circumstances might dictate.

Perhaps this is more reflective of my own conception of Ni and Ne perspectives being that of 'well, this shall likely come to pass if things continue on their alotted paths' versus 'though that be so, things are ever changing, and this might as well'. Undoubtedly that brings in and confuses the static and dynamic dichotomies, though I'm hardly capable of analyzing that at the moment. Maybe I'm just confusing myself and going nowhere. I could say more, but I'll hold off and think some more before I embarrass myself.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne sees how things are similar or the same. it sees the golden thread which runs through different things, ideas, people, situations. it then puts unexpected combinations of things, ideas, people, and situations together in an entirely new way. it shuffles the cards so to speak.

Ti then focuses more on things & ideas; Fi focuses more on people and situations. Ti and Fi then produce new products, which are driven by Ne.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When they say that Ne can see similarties between things and events, what do they mean? What similarities do they observe? Are those real similarities?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post
    Ne sees how things are similar or the same. it sees the golden thread which runs through different things, ideas, people, situations. it then puts unexpected combinations of things, ideas, people, and situations together in an entirely new way. it shuffles the cards so to speak.

Ti then focuses more on things & ideas; Fi focuses more on people and situations. Ti and Fi then produce new products, which are driven by Ne.
    Actually I would say that Ne would be more about looking at the essence of objects and ideas, and that it is with Ti that qualities of the object's essence is compared. The essences seen through Ne may make things appear similar, but it is through Ti that the qualities are compared.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really tired right now, and I might write a longer post later.

But seeing Logos's post made me think of an example of using Ne to make connections. So, I'll just write a recent example of how Ne can be used like this.

Logos posted his picture. As soon as he posted his picture, it struck me as a familiar looking face. It didn't immediately come to mind, but it did after a minute or two of thinking about it. I was able to draw the comparisons of his picture with Topher Grace in my mind. That is an example of Ne being able to draw a comparison.

I'll probably write something more elaborate tomorrow when I'm more awake.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Actually I would say that Ne would be more about looking at the essence of objects and ideas, and that it is with Ti that qualities of the object's essence is compared. The essences seen through Ne may make things appear similar, but it is through Ti that the qualities are compared.
    yeah. we're prolly saying the same thing in a different way, mirror.

ILE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian View Post
    When they say that Ne can see similarties between things and events, what do they mean? What similarities do they observe? Are those real similarities?
    like one example i can give is that basically all work is the same thing. in human services, we call our initial interactions with clients "engagement" in business, they call it "customer service".

ILE

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne observes inner contents of objects and relates them to each other en mass by Si, creating an experience of virtual universe. (a coherent possibility) Not everyone's Ne is the same because not everyone uses it for the same purpose. The question is, what do you want the substance of that universe to be? What happens in it?

Like other functions Ne can recall its past states and contrast these with present states. People say this is intuition in general, but I don't recall Augusta as defining it as such, and it seems inconsistent with experience to suggest that other functions cannot recall their past states, given the amount of brain matter that is scientifically proven to be dedicated to the storage of these.
    Last edited by tcaudilllg; 03-06-2008 at 03:05 PM.