Thread: Functional interpretation of "core values"

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Functional interpretation of "core values"

Rick wrote something about how people's ears prick up to what is being discussed around them if it relates to their base function. It would be good if someone could find the original material i.e. what I'm on about.

If your ears prick up to "core values", "principles", "our philosophy", "ethos" and that kind of thing, what is this related to? Is it functionally related?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    If your ears prick up to "core values", "principles", "our philosophy", "ethos" and that kind of thing, what is this related to? Is it functionally related?
    Can you be more specific?
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously... a dog's ears may prick up when they hear something... I don't think mine ever move...lol. so, next socionics meet that someone has... designate an ear watcher to look for something like that...lol

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Can you be more specific?
    For example, when I'm reading a company or organisation's manifesto, I'll read things like "at Paradiso Ltd, our philosophy is to represent customers..." or "because here at AVG Services, we value our clients, we hold many core principles close to us". Sometimes my sgt maj will be talking on parade, and he'll say something like "we want you to represent the values of the British army, and I suddenly become more alive and aware, and listen to what he's saying". In essence, I like the idea of having principles and values close to me, and living by them. Things like honour and respect; they're very important to me. Some are ridiculous, like 'do your duty!' but certain concepts or ideas that are nearly always mentioned when talking about 'principles', 'values' or one's 'philosophy of life' (a shitty phrase, but you get my jist) really do appeal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    the keywords you listed sound like some Ji.
    What the fuck is Ji?

Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    Seriously... a dog's ears may prick up when they hear something... I don't think mine ever move...lol. so, next socionics meet that someone has... designate an ear watcher to look for something like that...lol
    I mean metaphorically, haha.