Thread: Sense of urgency

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sense of urgency

Does the lack of sense of urgency has got to do with Se PoLR? For instance, I have a work assignment due tomorrow morning, but I have not started on it yet and I feel as if tomorrow is still quite distant. Rather than becoming anxious, I still feel calm and relaxed and enjoying the moment. Therefore, I tend to start on a project last minute and sometimes I enjoy the adrenaline rush that comes with it. The thing is, I am always able to eventually finish my work on time.

On hindsight, why did I even think that I am an ISFj back then. lol.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It has to do with confidence in .
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ego = constant state of urgency
    id = skilled with urgency if necessary

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    ego = constant state of urgency
    I don't agree that IEIs and ILIs are "in a constant state of urgency", generally speaking.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im pretty much always in a state of urgency with my weak so my can become out of control very easily. so i guess u can say that ur sense of urgency is low because of strong and weak .
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    It has to do with confidence in .
    Yes.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really =S Honestly, that description of being calm about time and stuff... it would make me seem like I have PoLR. I always feel anxious about getting things done, like I have to plan everything out - especially school work, plans with friends. I get freaked out when things do not go according to my envisioned plan.

Otherwise, I feel like I identify completely with in all it's other senses of mysticism, choosing the right "path" out of many and following it, cause & effect, etc. etc.

It's just this one thing about never being urgent - rather the opposite, like I feel like I'm constantly running out of time to achieve all these goals... I get so frustrated & stressed over ordering all that I have to do in my mind. Maybe this is just a side effect of my high anxiety level and not really anything to do with type ...

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not in a state of urgency unless there is something urgent to do.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Out of range. Please call your service provider.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    Really =S Honestly, that description of being calm about time and stuff... it would make me seem like I have PoLR. I always feel anxious about getting things done, like I have to plan everything out - especially school work, plans with friends. I get freaked out when things do not go according to my envisioned plan.

Otherwise, I feel like I identify completely with in all it's other senses of mysticism, choosing the right "path" out of many and following it, cause & effect, etc. etc.

It's just this one thing about never being urgent - rather the opposite, like I feel like I'm constantly running out of time to achieve all these goals... I get so frustrated & stressed over ordering all that I have to do in my mind. Maybe this is just a side effect of my high anxiety level and not really anything to do with type ...
    Yeah, I would never under any circumstances call myself calm. I always feel like I have too much to do and not enough time to do it. I agree with Expat saying that IxIs are not urgent people- I consider myself a lazy person. In my case, I am far from being comfortable about the future and my presence in it. The laziness stems more from my lack of willpower.
    PoLR
    Suggestive Function

Regular Double-shot Espresso Subtype

Just because I'm a thinking type doesn't mean I'm not an idiot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice View Post
    Does the lack of sense of urgency has got to do with Se PoLR? For instance, I have a work assignment due tomorrow morning, but I have not started on it yet and I feel as if tomorrow is still quite distant. Rather than becoming anxious, I still feel calm and relaxed and enjoying the moment. Therefore, I tend to start on a project last minute and sometimes I enjoy the adrenaline rush that comes with it. The thing is, I am always able to eventually finish my work on time.
    Hmm I'm not like this generally. I hate the stress that comes with doing things at the last minute, so I plan out everything and try to do my work over the whole amount of time I've got to do it so I can take things easy the whole way through, and also then I'll have time to adjust if things don't go to plan.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    The part of it that has to do with Ni is that you know how far you can put it off while still having time to complete it. You are fully confident in this because you always know it will get done in the end, at the last minute, because you can feel how much time you have. And you can feel how much time you need.

"I feel as if tomorrow is still quite distant" = ~I still have more than enough time to get this done~ <= awareness.

You're calm and not anxious because you know it will work out. Therefore there is nothing to be worried about... it will be done on time at the last minute, even if you don't know how that's going to magically happen. It just always does.
    Yes!

The part of it that has to do with (weak) Se is the part where you put it off. Perhaps you didn't feel like doing it. Perhaps you had no energy or willpower to do it... waiting for the time when you feel like doing it... so you put it off until the last minute, using the last minute "adrenaline rush" (when you know you're at the point where you must start) to give you the energy and motivation to complete it. This is fueled also by Ni in that you can easily imagine what the consequences will be if you don't get it done. It's that imagining of the consequences that eventually provides the "adrenaline rush," or if not that, the spurt of energy that kicks you into gear so that you start getting stuff done. This motivation starts to build as you approach the point where there's not enough time anymore. But you never hit that point, and you can always adjust things to make it work out anyway... it's not a fixed point.

You're calm because you feel time. You know how much you have and how much you need.
    Yeah. Moreover, I believe that my Ne ego leads me to put things off. It is not due to the lack of energy or willpower. Before I start something, I can easily imagine all the possible steps and procedures in completing the task, the large amount of details needed, the huge amount of time needed do some research, write the paper etc. As a result, I already feel turned off right from the start because I can easily visualize the path towards the completion of the task. Come to think of it, I guess it is a blessing in disguise to have weak Ni or a Ni PoLR, if you see it in another perspective.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. Moreover, I believe that my Ne ego leads me to put things off. It is not due to the lack of energy or willpower. Before I start something, I can easily imagine all the possible steps and procedures in completing the task, the large amount of details needed, the huge amount of time needed do some research, write the paper etc.
    This also happens to me, but my reaction is different - I try to somehow force myself to get started. Of course I procrastinate sometimes, like everyone else, but I try to get a start on things and then work slow and steady.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Without having read this thread atall, I would have to say that this fits me to a T. I don't know if it's just because I'm confident I can get away with it and still produce quality work or what. It probably sounds conceited that this is my MO of schoolwork and I still do better than most everyone else. In the case of papers though, I honestly do so much thinking and relating to what I'm going through over the course of a few weeks that I percolate the image of an idea that, when the time comes to be let loose, just runs amok.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

General observation from the thread: negativists seem to feel like they never have enough time, while the opposite is true for positivists.

By the way, I personally prefer to work in a more steady fashion rather than doing everything at the last minute. Pehaps a T vs F distinction? My ISFj-Fi girlfriend tends to put things at the last minute, too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    General observation from the thread: negativists seem to feel like they never have enough time, while the opposite is true for positivists.

By the way, I personally prefer to work in a more steady fashion rather than doing everything at the last minute. Pehaps a T vs F distinction? My ISFj-Fi girlfriend tends to put things at the last minute, too.

I am fairly sure I am a positivist and yet I more often feel like I don't have enough time than an excess of time. I guess its all relative though... maybe I'm just around more people who tend to underestimate how long something will take.

And about the second point - any reason you can think of to explain why it would be T vs F? I would've suggested perhaps a rational vs irrational distinction, but this thread seems to contradict that.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellothere View Post
    I am fairly sure I am a positivist and yet I more often feel like I don't have enough time than an excess of time. I guess its all relative though... maybe I'm just around more people who tend to underestimate how long something will take.

And about the second point - any reason you can think of to explain why it would be T vs F? I would've suggested perhaps a rational vs irrational distinction, but this thread seems to contradict that.
    No reason yet, just trying to gather enough observations to make up a theory

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sometimes I am like this but other times I'm the opposite. I feel very anxious about getting a task done and out of the way even though there is plenty of time. I guess it depends on the task.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ooooo this thread reminds me i really really really have to go to the bathroom...

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often