Thread: Ni Bits Of Info

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ni Bits Of Info

What Kind Of Info Do Ni Dominant Types Perceive And Describe? Is It Stories Or Insight?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    Why do you type in capitals?
    HOW BADLY DO YOU NEED TO KNOW?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very badly. I'm an extremely curious person.
    FOR SOME OTHER PURPOSES I USE CAPITAL LETTERS WHEN USING MY LAPTOP, SO I JUST USE CAPITALS ON THE FORUM AS WELL.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    it's annoying man lol

i think Ni is like imagining something (dynamics more likely as it's dynamical) and Ne is like having ideas come to you or smth. not too sure.

IS THERE AN IGNORE AROUND HERE?

GET OFF MY THREADS YOU TROLL AND GO F YOURSELF YOU USELESS FUKSTICK.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If so, what are your thoughts on the kinds of information that Ni dominants perceive?
    WHY DO YOU THINK I WANT TO HAVE A DISCUSSION WITH MYSELF?

I ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT STORIES ARE NI, HOWEVER I ONLY HEAR NE TYPES TALK ABOUT "THE STORY", MY STORY, HIS STORY, ETC.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not very nice, you know.
    OH HE IS INSTIGATING ME AT ANOTHER THREAT, TELLING TO PUT CERTAIN THINGS "DEEEEEEEEEP" INSIDE MY BACKSIDE.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If You Don't Like My Opinions Don't Read Them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say, Ni is insight into what certain activities potentially lead to.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    ya, 'cos you keep post dubious typings of people like you fucking KNOW them, at least say according to my dubious method or something. people can seriously believe this crap and then it's your fault.
    lol. pot calling the kettle black
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to me, it's just 'flowing' with something and getting a feel for its underlying dynamics, with sporadic insights that deliver gestalt pieces of information.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
    I am currently playing with:

Se/Si as meaning derived from experience
    Ne/Ni as meaning derived from insight
    So, Se/Si immediate experience, Ne/Ni learnt experience?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

despite the bs for 2 pages this is a good topic. what is the Ni perception experience?

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the way Ni works for me (and this is most probably Ni with Te) is that, over time, I'll accumulate information about anything of interest and basically form sort of like a mental picture over time.. not a picture as in a drawing or a painting, but like a sort of.. I dunno, I suppose intuitive understanding of something. I quite often forget (in the longer term) exactly how I derived certain conclusions about whatever subject it is, because although in the past I did get some sort of information to reach that conclusion, because I'm constantly updating this understanding with new information, I tend to forget the older information and, even if revisiting said information, I won't necessarily glean the same kind of "feel" from it, if you see what I mean. It's quite hard to explain but I think that more or less gets it across.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi
    I am currently playing with:

Se/Si as meaning derived from experience
    Ne/Ni as meaning derived from insight

Se/Ne as focused more on content and information storage
    Si/Ni as focused more on context and information exchange
    the problem is, is that everything is derived from some sort of experience. An intuitive can't sit around all day and gain insight into things. the first part is kind of myers briggs'ish....the second part is interesting. It makes sense, generally, but I the terms are kind of vague...everyone stores information.

Will we start over, or circle the drain crazymaisy's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Looks (and sounds) Familiar

Quote Originally Posted by BLauritson View Post
    I think the way Ni works for me (and this is most probably Ni with Te) is that, over time, I'll accumulate information about anything of interest and basically form sort of like a mental picture over time.. not a picture as in a drawing or a painting, but like a sort of.. I dunno, I suppose intuitive understanding of something. I quite often forget (in the longer term) exactly how I derived certain conclusions about whatever subject it is, because although in the past I did get some sort of information to reach that conclusion, because I'm constantly updating this understanding with new information, I tend to forget the older information and, even if revisiting said information, I won't necessarily glean the same kind of "feel" from it, if you see what I mean. It's quite hard to explain but I think that more or less gets it across.
    Seems like you took the above from my own brain.
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)
    I think in pictures, moving pictures...

Recommended Music - ILI-Ni

"And one peculiar point I see,
    As one of the many ones of me.
    As truth is gathered, I rearrange,
    Inside out, outside in, inside out, outside in,
    Perpetual change"

Yes - The Yes Album - from "Perpetual Change" (written by Howe and Squire)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    An intuitive can't sit around all day and gain insight into things.
    heh, I do it all the time. It involves sifting through one's memories and re-writing your perceptions of the facts to fit a particular viewpoint. For example, X happened. At the time that X happened, I may have interpreted X a particular way. Well, after 2 or 3 weeks go by, Y happens that causes me to reinterpret X in an entirely different way. This reinterpretation can happen while I'm sitting around doing nothing but thinking about it. I spend way too much time (admittedly) thinking about the possible ways X might be interpreted and what this might mean. I'm cutting back on these sorts of activities however. Waste of time and inevitably puts me way ahead of everyone else which is useless when dealing with others who take way longer to come to similar conclusions. I find that I'm a much happier person when I try to take things as they come at face value and stop trying to project meaning and/or possibility onto everything. There's a place for this, to be sure, but often it just gets in the way.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron
    heh, I do it all the time. It involves sifting through one's memories and re-writing your perceptions of the facts to fit a particular viewpoint. For example, X happened. At the time that X happened, I may have interpreted X a particular way. Well, after 2 or 3 weeks go by, Y happens that causes me to reinterpret X in an entirely different way. This reinterpretation can happen while I'm sitting around doing nothing but thinking about it. I spend way too much time (admittedly) thinking about the possible ways X might be interpreted and what this might mean. I'm cutting back on these sorts of activities however. Waste of time and inevitably puts me way ahead of everyone else which is useless when dealing with others who take way longer to come to similar conclusions. I find that I'm a much happier person when I try to take things as they come at face value and stop trying to project meaning and/or possibility onto everything. There's a place for this, to be sure, but often it just gets in the way.
    you couldn't have done this without an experience.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    you couldn't have done this without an experience.
    Yes obviously there must be an initial experience but the insight can be gained while sitting around.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron
    Yes obviously there must be an initial experience but the insight can be gained while sitting around.
    yeah, I just should have been more clear in my post. when the person said Ne/Ni was more about insight, it seemed to general. and even so, Se/Si people can sit around and reflect on their stuff and gain insight.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    this is excellent. best description of Ni that i've read. now i feel like i get it.

your post redbaron also reveals how you have assessed the value of your leading function, it's strengths & weaknesses, and its most appropriate use. then made decisions on how you use your energy. but i think people who get your strength of prediction and forecasting would greatly benefit from your input esp if they trust you.

i comment on this because i've done the same thing with Ne....it's only good in certain specific situations. i've realized that i'm a lot happier when i don't let it run rampant. so i tend to use Ti and Se at least an equal amount of time that i use Ne.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often