Thread: Gammas and feeling mature for their age: "I've always been 30"

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gammas and feeling mature for their age: "I've always been 30"

A few weeks ago I was talking to a colleague at a meeting and we saw a group of teenage girls walk past. As always, I felt really relieved that I don't have to interact with groups like that. I mentioned to him that it's strange seeing groups of teenagers because I remember that even when I was that age, the whole thing still seemed really foreign to me. I said, "I guess I've always been 30, even when I was a little kid. Maybe I always will be." He, a Delta, chuckled and nodded and said, "Yeah, I think I know what you mean."

I was just thinking about that for some reason, and I wondered if it has anything to do with that quadra "age" theory. Do other Gammas relate to this?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'm almost 40 but I'm still 15, so I guess I see it from the opposite end
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't mind "interacting" with a group of teenage girls.

That said, I pretty much constantly feel like I'm still a youngun in many respects (good and bad). But I was never into hanging out with the huge groups either, so your statement might apply to me in that respect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know when I was younger, I always felt like I should be older. For some reason I've always felt like 23 would be a good age to be. I theorise therefore that it will be a significant time in my life (although rather worryingly, I've been told by a fortune teller to watch out for pregnancies when I'm 23 o.O). But yeah, especially during my mid to late teens I always felt I was younger than I should be. It's not so bad now that I'm an adult though. I think part of it was knowing that society generally expects teenagers to be rowdy and immature, which always bothered me. I felt so relieved when I finally hit 20 for that reason. Even though I knew that everyone who knew me then knew that I wasn't like that, it still bothered me. Fuck knows why.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe it's just an annoying demographic or something? (At least the stereotypical ones are.)
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Creepy-Cyclops

I have the mind of a sixteen year old, and the body of a Greek God.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    A few weeks ago I was talking to a colleague at a meeting and we saw a group of teenage girls walk past. As always, I felt really relieved that I don't have to interact with groups like that. I mentioned to him that it's strange seeing groups of teenagers because I remember that even when I was that age, the whole thing still seemed really foreign to me. I said, "I guess I've always been 30, even when I was a little kid. Maybe I always will be." He, a Delta, chuckled and nodded and said, "Yeah, I think I know what you mean."

I was just thinking about that for some reason, and I wondered if it has anything to do with that quadra "age" theory. Do other Gammas relate to this?
    I totally relate.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I have the mind of a sixteen year old, and the body of a Greek God.
    *blinks*
    *cracks up*
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It really depends on what we're discussing, in some aspects of my life conduct and behavior I've always been wiser than many peers, in others I still feel like a kid.

Let's say that I try to take the best parts of both ages: responsibility towards others of an adult, but with the carefree attitude of a kid.

I also find the responses given to this thread to be rather paradoxical: an ex-stripper that got pregnant by accident has always felt older than an upstanding woman-girl such as SlackerMom. The misteries of skewed self-perception.
    Last edited by FDG; 02-29-2008 at 05:15 AM.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All of the 17-19 year olds in my class were shocked when they found out I was 23 and married- they figured I was about 18-19. What's the quadra age theory?
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idk about being 30 (I turn 22 on the 22nd!), but I've always felt older than my age, and have always been told I act older than I am.
    INTp, ILI Logical subtype

Drum 'n' Bass head

GorillaSound.net