Thread: Mon soeur

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MA Soeur

So I asked my sister to do a little description of me, and I now feel completely foolish for ever doubting my type Thanks for putting up with me guys :wink:

George According to Liz
    -Most comfortable using logic and reason; likes to think and talk analytically about emotions but has trouble with the actual experience of emotion in self and others
    -Really appreciates hugs and physical affection
    -Very good at talking about art, generous with both praise and specific constructive criticism, good at explaining what he sees, placing art in context, making links between what he sees and what he thinks the artist is experiencing; same goes for behaviors/phenomena he sees in individuals and groups
    -In some ways highly empathetic and aware of others’ moods, but also has a hard time seeing how his own behavior or moods affect others
    -Moody, gets bored and distracted easily, often retreats from social interaction, but can focus for hours and hours on something he’s really interested in or challenged by
    -Spends a lot of time on the internet, likes to communicate with others virtually, but can sometimes be hard to draw out into actual communication in the physical world; but once you’ve got him communicating, he’s a great conversationalist and a great listener, and is genuinely interested in people and “how they work”; doesn’t judge people, likes to analyze and observe individuals and relationships
    -As a young kid, prone to emotional outbursts, cried easily and was very sentimental about objects and places, got very angry and physically violent when teased, but was also really fun and goofy and game for any kind of play, especially creative play involving pretending, costumes, silly voices and characters, and would sometimes break into spontaneous interpretive dance when music was playing
    -Wants to leave the path and make his own trail
    -Can be self-centered and often wants to know what others think about him; thinks he’s smarter than most people and wants to be naturally good at everything (if he’s not naturally good at it, he doesn’t do it)
    -Sometimes it’s hard to tell whether he’s really “present” in a situation, then later you’re surprised to hear that he was actually having fun/likes people/was paying attention, etc.
    -Strong sense of honor for himself and others, vehemently hates unfairness and prejudice
    -Generous and giving; wants to be able to pay for things, take care of himself, and treat others, but sometimes has a hard time “being responsible” and keeping things together
    -Sometimes loses things or forgets to do things
    -Willing to admit his weaknesses, but sometimes can’t see when they are getting him in trouble, or when he’s out of control
    -Has a hard time seeing how his behavior in the present will affect what happens to him in the future, and making decisions based on that understanding; present satisfaction trumps future consequences (definitely would grab the marshmallow)
    -Magnetic, but elusive…often causes drama in his family and is often the topic of conversation, is always the center of his friend group
    -Very dedicated to people; would never ditch a friend or forget to include them
    -Likes soft things

Potentiality of objects:
    -See above about analysis of art objects; also, for himself, very creative about the use of objects, especially as a child (his favorite toys were sticks and blankets because they could be turned into anything); has strong feelings about objects, aesthetically: chooses favorites and notes special qualities of objects

Logical relationships between objects:
    Very strong on this; loves systems, categories and comparisons, map systems

Tangible and intangible connections between processes:
    Sometimes has trouble with cause and effect
    Believe it or not, I gave her this link:
    http://socionics.us/theory/information.shtml

...and she picked only those four to comment on.

So um...yeah. I think that about settles it.
    Last edited by Gilly; 02-27-2008 at 01:12 AM.

Creepy-bg

whatever u say d00d

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is she hot?
    LSI

Creepy-bg

his sister?

yeah... he tried to hook me up with her once

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ma soeur. like, tu faisais quoi avec ma soeur?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

naked pic?
    LSI

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoSpirit View Post
    naked pic?
    I got one of her sucking off an Eskimo... will PM u

(don't tell Gilly!)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    I got one of her sucking off an Eskimo... will PM u

(don't tell Gilly!)
    *checks PM*
    O_O She is sucking the life out of him!!!!!

Gilly, my friend, we have to get together more often...
    LSI

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From reading the description she wrote, your sister sounds very smart. Did she have a little background of socionics before you referred her to the link?

It also added a good deal of context to my perception of you. Interesting stuff.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forgive my laziness... so... what are you?

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    ma soeur. like, tu faisais quoi avec ma soeur?
    Thank you. I was coming in here to fix that myself. *trying to translate second sentence* Crap...I can't remember which blasted verb tense that is.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    From reading the description she wrote, your sister sounds very smart. Did she have a little background of socionics before you referred her to the link?

It also added a good deal of context to my perception of you. Interesting stuff.
    Only what I've told her in passing discussion. She has no knowledge of Model A or anything beyond a vague understanding of MBTI. She only used those functional descriptions as a reference to describe me, and only after writing the entire rest of the description.

For the record her type is Delta NF.

She asks: "Do I sound hot?"

And yes, most of my friends tell me she's hot. Drool away; I'm used to it

@Loki: . Those are the first two functions she relates there at the end, the last small part describing weakness/ignorance of and .

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    The determining factor, right there.

I love dancing.
    Last edited by Gilly; 02-27-2008 at 01:03 AM.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    For the record her type is Delta NF.
    That's nuts! I was going to ask that exact thing in my previous post but I didn't want to get too off-topic.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Potentiality of objects:
    -See above about analysis of art objects; also, for himself, very creative about the use of objects, especially as a child (his favorite toys were sticks and blankets because they could be turned into anything); has strong feelings about objects, aesthetically: chooses favorites and notes special qualities of objects
    Okay I've read it now, and questions have come to mind. Analysizing art... is that (+) or (+)? Looking at it for what it is, and then making an analysis seems more .

Granted sticks and blankets literally are "objects," but is being resourceful and creative with them more or more ? ~They can be turned into anything~ does speak to potentials perhaps, but still I am uncertain.

Noting special qualities of objects... what sorts of special qualities? Are these qualities hidden potentials or obvious attributes, for instance?

Also, if is strong, should be as well.

?

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was right all along. Big surprise.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats on being 1 of 3 types that actually gets me to do the most insane shit in the entire world.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Gilly, you are the same type as

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think that description sounds too much like an ILE...
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    You're supposed to read it upside down. Then it's the perfect ENTp description.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rick, she, a person with virtually no knowledge of Socionics, PICKED Ne and Ti from YOUR LIST as areas in which I'm obviously strong and use every day with ease, and Ni and Si as areas in which I am lacking or obviously nor readily aware. I don't see how this equates easily with EIE.

And, EIEs having trouble seeing the effect their emotions have on others? Isn't that the definition of ? Seriously now.

I think you are relying too much upon your general impression of this description and aren't focusing enough on what is actually being said here. I mean, I think a lot of your typings are solid, especially celebrities, but between this, and ChibiKeba as SLE, I wonder what you are actually seeing sometimes.
    Last edited by Gilly; 02-28-2008 at 03:39 AM.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    I was right all along. Big surprise.
    This really says ENFp to you?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It doesn't make sense to suddenly criticize me for my view on your type here when just a few weeks ago or sometime before that you have said, "I'm starting to see EIE as being more likely..." "I'm not ILE because all my friends are Beta" etc. etc. etc.

I was referring to her description of you. For instance:

"-As a young kid, prone to emotional outbursts, cried easily and was very sentimental about objects and places, got very angry and physically violent when teased, but was also really fun and goofy and game for any kind of play, especially creative play involving pretending, costumes, silly voices and characters, and would sometimes break into spontaneous interpretive dance when music was playing."

"-Magnetic, but elusive…often causes drama in his family and is often the topic of conversation, is always the center of his friend group
    -Very dedicated to people; would never ditch a friend or forget to include them"

Also, she wrote a description of you in the past that emphasized your emotional characteristics.

I would suspect her comments that you don't recognize the effect your emotions have on others is from an Fi perspective. Her comment also implies that you display those emotions blatantly.

Plus, those videos that you posted of yourself a while back -- they definitely solidified my opinion of you as EIE.

Whatever -- I haven't met you, so my opinion doesn't mean very much.
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad you've reverted to ILE, Gilly. It was quite unsettling to see you as an SLE, and I didn't want you to expect me to join sides or become loyal to anyone, because I prefer to remain impartial and objective when considering others' types, regardless of my relationship with them. My general intuition was that Se ego was unlikely, and it seemed as if you were putting a front on; to summarise, it simply didn't look right to me and many others.

EDIT: it would also explain why you get on so poorly with Diana.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It doesn't make sense to suddenly criticize me for my view on your type here when just a few weeks ago or sometime before that you have said, "I'm starting to see EIE as being more likely..." "I'm not ILE because all my friends are Beta" etc. etc. etc.
    I'm not criticizing the view itself; on the contrary, I believe it to be the second most likely option for my type at this point, and have even had some recent interactions supporting it. I AM criticizing what I believe (rightly so, according to your post) to be your reasons for viewing me as EIE:

I was referring to her description of you. For instance:

"-As a young kid, prone to emotional outbursts, cried easily and was very sentimental about objects and places, got very angry and physically violent when teased, but was also really fun and goofy and game for any kind of play, especially creative play involving pretending, costumes, silly voices and characters, and would sometimes break into spontaneous interpretive dance when music was playing."

"-Magnetic, but elusive…often causes drama in his family and is often the topic of conversation, is always the center of his friend group
    -Very dedicated to people; would never ditch a friend or forget to include them"

Also, she wrote a description of you in the past that emphasized your emotional characteristics.

I would suspect her comments that you don't recognize the effect your emotions have on others is from an Fi perspective. Her comment also implies that you display those emotions blatantly.

Plus, those videos that you posted of yourself a while back -- they definitely solidified my opinion of you as EIE.

Whatever -- I haven't met you, so my opinion doesn't mean very much.

You're totally stuck on the idea of these "intensely emotional characteristics," but are forgetting that a person of any type who is bipolar could easily have these traits (the only thing not easily attributable as such being liking to play-act, and I hardly see that as type-specific beyond possibly being indicative of valuing Fe), and yet you seem to ignore the fact that there are numerous things here supporting a focus on Ne and strong Ti. Why is it that you choose to ignore the majority of the description?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Why is it that you choose to ignore the majority of the description?
    The description does not describe a certain type, it describes you. So one has to read it and try to put together a picture of a probable type, picking out from the description key bits of information that he thinks may be type related. For me at least, it's easier to see a smart EIE in that description than a bipolar ILE. My mental image of ILEs is of people who are more dispassionate, mentally distant, and emotionally bland and naive than you seem to be. I don't believe the discrepancy can be accounted for by bipolarity. Plus, again, I am adding in past impressions from videos and before that that affect my interpretation of her description.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    I'm glad you've reverted to ILE, Gilly. It was quite unsettling to see you as an SLE, and I didn't want you to expect me to join sides or become loyal to anyone, because I prefer to remain impartial and objective when considering others' types, regardless of my relationship with them. My general intuition was that Se ego was unlikely, and it seemed as if you were putting a front on; to summarise, it simply didn't look right to me and many others.

EDIT: it would also explain why you get on so poorly with Diana.
    Does this mean you see yourself as ILE now? I thought we were identicals.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The description does not describe a certain type, it describes you. So one has to read it and try to put together a picture of a probable type, picking out from the description key bits of information that he thinks may be type related. For me at least, it's easier to see a smart EIE in that description than a bipolar ILE. My mental image of ILEs is of people who are more dispassionate, mentally distant, and emotionally bland and naive than you seem to be. I don't believe the discrepancy can be accounted for by bipolarity. Plus, again, I am adding in past impressions from videos and before that that affect my interpretation of her description.
    This is an interesting assessment; now that you put it this way, I can certainly see your point more easily. However I'm still having trouble seeing an EIE to whom this applies: "most comfortable using logic and reason; likes to think and talk analytically about emotions but has trouble with the actual experience of emotion in self and others." Could you see an Fi perspective easily accounting for all of that? (I'm not asking this rhetorically; I am looking for your perspective as an Fi type.)

I'm also having a hard time seeing this as an EIE:
    "Has a hard time seeing how his behavior in the present will affect what happens to him in the future, and making decisions based on that understanding; present satisfaction trumps future consequences"

What of the description do you see as not being possibly accounted for by my bipolarity?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    Is this a seconding of the Garfield proposal? I see Garfield as SLI, but that's probably one of the last types I'd consider for myself.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The strip pokes fun at pet owners and their relationship with their pets, often with the pet as the true master of the household. Garfield also struggles with human problems, such as diets, Mondays, apathy and boredom.

He is a lazy, selfish, overweight, orange tabby cat who enjoys eating, sleeping, and being sarcastic.

Garfield was born in the kitchen of Mama Leoni's Italian Restaurant and developed a taste for lasagna the day he was born. Later in his life, Garfield runs across his Mother again one Christmas Eve, accidentally, and meets his Grandfather for the first time. In a television special called Garfield on the Town, he finds his long-lost mother, and is disgusted to find that they are all "mousers" which is the technical term for mice eaters.

In his cartoon appearances, Garfield usually causes mischief in every episode.

In June 1983, comic strips introduced Garfield's alter-ego, Amoeba Man, yet he was only shown in 6 strips (6-20 through 6-25).

Amoeba Man is only one of his few imaginary alter egos. The Caped Avenger is one of the more common ones. Others include Banana Man, The Chicken Man, The Mummy, Count Cat, The Sock, Freedom Fighter, and Karate Cat.

I have no clue what you're trying to say.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you're denying my proposed link between your cat picture and an alleged association between myself and Garfield, and implicitly stating that you think I'm ILE?

So what's with the cat picture? Or what the fuck else? You're impossible.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, thanks for derailing my thread for a whole page. Now I'll be lucky if Rick sees my reply and thinks the thread worth pursuing.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh yeah, especially because he can type good, REAL good (sorry Rick, just tryna make things real round here 'little. not gonna hurt aniwazz).
    The fact that you would take any exception with Rick's competency in Socionics is laughable. You should be soaking in his words like Paris Hilton's diaphragm.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, but #2 is more likely. And I don't know what you mean by his "level;" Rick just happens to have some formal training and access to information that we non-Russian speakers don't.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because he doesn't want to. Now stop it.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why does that sound like I was making it a big deal? I was just frustrated that we had a good train of thought going and it was interrupted by a shitty typing of a cartoon character.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you drunk?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will write comments in red.

George According to Liz
    -Most comfortable using logic and reason; likes to think and talk analytically about emotions but has trouble with the actual experience of emotion in self and others - Doesn't sound very EIE. But it does sound Fe/Ti.
    -Really appreciates hugs and physical affection - All types, but more intuitive than sensing. Sensing types don't think about it long enough to apprechiate it. They just do it.
    -Very good at talking about art, generous with both praise and specific constructive criticism, good at explaining what he sees, placing art in context, making links between what he sees and what he thinks the artist is experiencing; same goes for behaviors/phenomena he sees in individuals and groups - sounds like strong at ethics. Fe/Ti values.
    -In some ways highly empathetic and aware of others’ moods, but also has a hard time seeing how his own behavior or moods affect others. - any type.
    -Moody, gets bored and distracted easily, often retreats from social interaction, but can focus for hours and hours on something he’s really interested in or challenged by. - percieving?
    -Spends a lot of time on the internet, likes to communicate with others virtually, but can sometimes be hard to draw out into actual communication in the physical world; but once you’ve got him communicating, he’s a great conversationalist and a great listener, and is genuinely interested in people and “how they work”; doesn’t judge people, likes to analyze and observe individuals and relationships. - could be EIE. Definitely Fe/Ti.
    -As a young kid, prone to emotional outbursts, cried easily and was very sentimental about objects and places, got very angry and physically violent when teased, but was also really fun and goofy and game for any kind of play, especially creative play involving pretending, costumes, silly voices and characters, and would sometimes break into spontaneous interpretive dance when music was playing - percieving?
    -Wants to leave the path and make his own trail - could be EIE
    -Can be self-centered and often wants to know what others think about him; thinks he’s smarter than most people and wants to be naturally good at everything (if he’s not naturally good at it, he doesn’t do it) - could be EIE
    -Sometimes it’s hard to tell whether he’s really “present” in a situation, then later you’re surprised to hear that he was actually having fun/likes people/was paying attention, etc. - sounds like possible group isolation like in the ENFj group isolation thread.
    -Strong sense of honor for himself and others, vehemently hates unfairness and prejudice - Ti or Fi? Ti makes more sense with the rest of it.
    -Generous and giving; wants to be able to pay for things, take care of himself, and treat others, but sometimes has a hard time “being responsible” and keeping things together
    -Sometimes loses things or forgets to do things - human
    -Willing to admit his weaknesses, but sometimes can’t see when they are getting him in trouble, or when he’s out of control - low Ni.
    -Has a hard time seeing how his behavior in the present will affect what happens to him in the future, and making decisions based on that understanding; present satisfaction trumps future consequences (definitely would grab the marshmallow) - low Ni! And might be percieving.
    -Magnetic, but elusive…often causes drama in his family and is often the topic of conversation, is always the center of his friend group - extroverted. Probably also in socionics.
    -Very dedicated to people; would never ditch a friend or forget to include them - Fe values?
    -Likes soft things - human!

Potentiality of objects:

Logical relationships between objects:
    Very strong on this; loves systems, categories and comparisons, map systems - Ti values.

Tangible and intangible connections between processes:
    Sometimes has trouble with cause and effect - Low Ni AGAIN!
    The low Ni things were a bit too frequent to safely say EIE. But definitely sounds Fe/Ti valuing. Sounds a lot more impulsive than me. I'm quite careful and I tend to plan too much. Many parts sound percieving. I would like to leave out INFp because they plan too much. All they ever seem to think about are events and consequences. Even if they behave foolish, they keep thinking about it. Not the case with Gilligan

Sounds ethical in so many things here... maybe that's the bipolar thing. I don't know.

Overall, I would support the ILE typing. And maybe EIE, assuming I'm very extreme -subtype and my behavior is very different from average EIE.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, I WANT to RULE the WORLD!!! Mwahahahaaaaa... I will manipulate all of you, Mwuahahahaaaa...
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    Stop manipulating me! Stop it! Stop it! Stop it!
    but then how will people know I'm really EIE? I want to behave really like EIEs are supposed to! Then I can be used as a reference to type people IRL.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Creepy-bg

sometime I manipulate myself...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast