I have never understood how people can have cravings that they can't control. You know like food cravings, substance cravings, ... anything.

I have discussed this issue with some people and it seems I lack a thing which I would call "recalling the memory of a sensation". People who have e.g. food cravings seem to have a very strong memory for the taste of food. They can bring back the taste of food, which they have previously eaten, into their mouth. This can create a craving for that food. And then they must go find that food and eat it. The same thing happens with every substance I think.

Now I wonder what function(s) is this related to? Can you personally recall e.g. the sensation of what chocolate tastes and then get a huge craving for chocolate? The same thing can happen with sexual experiences I think. I can't recall those sensations too well either.

However once I actually am exposed to a sensation, e.g. good food or good sex, I might get a "temporary craving" i.e. I might find it hard to stop. I just want more food and more sex and more whatever goodies I am getting. However once the situation is over I don't have much sensory memories left. Only abstract memories. As in I might have a videotape in my mind of the situation I was in but I can't recall the sensations I felt.

Of course the first guess is that this is Si related thing. However I know some non Si ego people who can recall sensations at least to some extent and who do get strong cravings.