Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Creative Function - off and on

  1. #1
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Creative Function - off and on

    Do you ever feel uncomfortable with your creative function?

    I generally like the idea of the creative function turning on and off, because I can see something like that in myself in others... but when I think of Fe as my creative function, the times that I perceive it as "off," I'm no longer comfortable with Fe in general. For instance I simply wish to retreat from all outward emotional expression in these moments (unable to express anything myself, and not wanting to "endure" the expression of others). Naturally these things make me doubt my creative-Fe-ness. Perhaps my creative function is just highly inhibited, lol.

    So... what does this mean anyway? Anything?

    What is your awareness of your creative function like? (do you relate to the idea of it "turning off and on"... when it's "off" what is it like?)

  2. #2
    aka-kitsune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    966
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    At times, I experience my function as rather compulsive. And I kinda think it's also at the root of feeling like I have to present a congenial face, even when I'm feeling miserable. Granted, I think there's absolutely a societal pressure to present the positive ALL the time, but I personally feel it most keenly, like an unwilling pull. And I've always rebelled. In fact,there are often times I decide I just want to be sullen and withdrawn, but can't quite keep the locked away. My mood is always apparent. And whether I'm in a good mood and creating positive Fe or in a foul mood and creating negative Fe, everyone around is well aware of it.

    I often wish I can be more enigmatic...
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

    **********

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

  3. #3
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune View Post
    I think there's absolutely a societal pressure to present the positive ALL the time, but I personally feel it most keenly, like an unwilling pull.
    I can definitely relate to that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aka-kitsune
    In fact,there are often times I decide I just want to be sullen and withdrawn, but can't quite keep the locked away. My mood is always apparent. And whether I'm in a good mood and creating positive Fe or in a foul mood and creating negative Fe, everyone around is well aware of it.
    I don't know if my mood is always apparent. And it depends who it's apparent to... for instance, the moods of others are always apparent to me. Even if they hide it, I'll still know...

    I think that part of this is I'm confusing elements that are IM metabolism connected with elements that are not.

    Perhaps what I was thinking is that whatever is in the cre fct should just flow out uninhibited... the question is why I perceive it as not doing that.

  4. #4
    aka-kitsune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    966
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Perhaps what I was thinking is that whatever is in the cre fct should just flow out uninhibited... the question is why I perceive it as not doing that.
    Mmm... I think sometimes creative function does arise spontaneously, in terms of expression, but I also think it's able to be tapped/harnessed in terms of consciously affecting your environment. I suppose I tend to think of it as the "Yang" function.

    It's what you "put out there", whether intentionally or unintentionally.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

    **********

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    890
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune View Post
    I suppose I tend to think of it as the "Yang" function.
    Probably because yours is extroverted. I sometimes think of extroverted functions as yang functions, too.

    Loki, I have yet to see any evidence suggesting that you have creative Fe.

    I think that sometimes when introverts fully express their creative functions, it can look like they're just going ballistic with it ~ like they're "letting loose" ~ while internally, it feels like a freeing release. Some types will be really receptive to that expression, while others annoyed, depending on their types.

  6. #6
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    interesting topic.

    i would have to say that yes i switch Ti to off from time to time. it's kind of like i get sick of using it or something. it gets boring. plus Ti can bore other people. when it's turned off i go into either an Se or Ne zone.

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    TIM
    INTj
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune View Post

    I often wish I can be more enigmatic...
    this kind of stuff always stymies me. wtf??? INFp is like, master of the people.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    TIM
    INTj
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    oh for the topic: i feel more aware of my second function. when I'm being passive and receiving information rather than "using" my second function, I am more aware of my Ti.

  9. #9
    aka-kitsune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    966
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky View Post
    Probably because yours is extroverted. I sometimes think of extroverted functions as yang functions, too.
    Well, yes... that is true. But wouldn't you think ALL "creative" functions are extraverted? Placing them under the auspices of Yangness...?? Perhaps if your creative function is an extraverted one, then it stands to be compounded when unleashed on your environment?

    Would you say that you believe introverted creatives possess more of an inherent restraint in their creative functioning?

    Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky View Post
    I think that sometimes when introverts fully express their creative functions, it can look like they're just going ballistic with it ~ like they're "letting loose" ~ while internally, it feels like a freeing release. Some types will be really receptive to that expression, while others annoyed, depending on their types.
    I do actually experience a good deal of freedom through creative functioning, if moreso because I tend to experience as very much a detail function that involves quite a lot of contemplation and relative inaction. It's hampering and can be quite confining. often involves spontaneous expression!
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

    **********

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

  10. #10
    aka-kitsune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    966
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    this kind of stuff always stymies me. wtf??? INFp is like, master of the people.
    Well... it's more of a personal aversion to being too "obvious". And to resist people knowing me "too well"... because then I'm in danger of being predictable and hence, boring!
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

    **********

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

  11. #11
    Poster Nutbag The Exception's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    my own personal bubble
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    4,108
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Do you ever feel uncomfortable with your creative function?

    My creative function, Ne, allows me to come up with new ideas and possibilities. The downside is when I get lost in a sea of them or lose my focus because I am trying to pursue too many.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •