Thread: egocentrism with personalities

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default egocentrism with personalities

going through a few posts on differnt topics and such, I have noticed much "egocentrism" (the my dog is better than your dog situation, or in this case personality type. post your oppinions if you agree or disagree with this.
    With honor shall I live. Cruachan!! INFj
    height 5'9''
    weight 150
    build athletic
    age 20 born September 22 1985
    ethnic background Scottish, Irish, Welsh, German

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmmm, insecurity ... though, I do tend to dislike ISTjs, ISFjs, and ESFps ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default well

my thought is even shining more brightly when I look what you have wrote for your comment proudly an ENTp
    With honor shall I live. Cruachan!! INFj
    height 5'9''
    weight 150
    build athletic
    age 20 born September 22 1985
    ethnic background Scottish, Irish, Welsh, German

Creepy-

Yep. I've noticed that too.

----------------
    Diana who is too lazy to log in right now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think after a while most people reach the point where they see that no type is better than any other type, just that we have different weaknesses and ways of being. I generally do not get along with ISFjs, ENFps and after a while ISFps but I know that it is not because they are better or worst types or people.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're the most intersting type. Other types are better at a lot of things. You know, I printed out my boss's type description for him, and he asked me about mine. I cleverly ENTp-dodged the topic. I don't want him to see that I lose interest in things quickly and have poor time management skills and don't respect authority (though he already pretty much knows that).... But I wouldn't be any other type.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Creepy-

I like all people. My superiority/inferiority complex is borne out of factors unrelated to type

The different types have different strengths and weaknesses. I personally think that it doesn't make any type better or worse than other - in fact it is because of the difference that we can't make those judgements because the types are inherently incomparable. Contrastable, but not comparable.

Creepy-

Default Re: egocentrism with personalities

Quote Originally Posted by Kegan
    going through a few posts on differnt topics and such, I have noticed much "egocentrism" (the my dog is better than your dog situation, or in this case personality type. post your oppinions if you agree or disagree with this.
    This is completly true, and it's not rare that people who have low self esteem, find something to hang on to...Like a type description, that might no even have any connection with the reality of how they are like. This is sad, but so human.

You see the thing is my dog really is better than your dog. My dog only has three legs and he is some kind of amazing mutt. He also killed Chuck Norris with one bite to the leg.

ENTps are the ones with egos. I want an eggo.

Creepy-pokeball

Default Re: egocentrism with personalities

Quote Originally Posted by Kegan
    I see it a lot on many temperament forums. It bothers me a lot. I like all. It is difficult to prejudge when you are not sure which may be your friend/lover/etc some day and Im not willing to throw that away. Plus I would have hoped that we should know what barriers between people can do by now. There's enough historical evidence for this lol.

Creepy-

I see some think that ENTP's can only speak about themselves, the same with ESTP-S, but what I have learned, is that when people are depressed, they find it hard to focuse their energy on others, it's hard to give, easier to receive. when someone is to mutch self directed, I see it more as if they are unhealthy, and might be in need of help, rather than an expression of type. I think types, as an abstraction, can be on different levels of healtyness, to put it simple..

Like I can mention an example, A person I had to deal with profesionally, I thought there was a narcisisstic person, I was dealing with. Not only that, also Type A personality.
    Very low patience, very quick to take offence, a bit hostile, and not sensitive, in the way that he made jokes at my expence, to get recognition himself for beeing funny.

It's very possible that this was an ESTP, but that's not to say that this was his type, or even if it was, that all ESTP types have tendencies like that.

Rather, this individual, was low on empaty, low on patience, high on need for recognition, high on competetive desire....

Whatever the type, the combination of a desire for recognition, with a low empaty with others, are not a very good one, atleast not in social settings.

Creepy-

Also another type I came across, like the previos, exept more patience, plus this one felt he deserved special treatment..

Some people seems to think: If I'm funny, it's ok to hurt others, since I get a bigger reward for beeing funny, than the pain others feel.

Some people are like that, and I dont like them, for sure.