Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: type this guy - INTp or INTj?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default type this guy - INTp or INTj?


  2. #2
    The Troll Slayer Hitta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In your mom's uterus
    Posts
    4,009
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    Whatever type he is, I want to shoot him with a laser cannon. He is dumb as fuck. How in the hell do you prove the existence of God when you can't even prove that we exist?
    Model X Will Save Us!

    *randomwarelinkremoved

    jessica129:scrotums r hot

    :" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

  3. #3
    liveandletlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,290
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ili!
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

  4. #4
    PotatoSpirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bologna, Italy
    Posts
    637
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ahahahahahahahah
    LSI

  5. #5
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Weird, but I think LII.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  6. #6
    The Troll Slayer Hitta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In your mom's uterus
    Posts
    4,009
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Weird, but I think LII.

    Um, does everyone else see what I see?
    Model X Will Save Us!

    *randomwarelinkremoved

    jessica129:scrotums r hot

    :" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Weird, but I think LII.
    why?

  8. #8
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    why?
    Almost everything he's saying is , as in establishing correlations - between intelligence and believing in God, intelligence and inclination to depression, etc. That is the overall theme of his little lecture. He also gets into a bit of when he suddenly digresses on different kinds of intelligence. He does use input but at the service of , as when he provides some examples and quotes. Finally, I don't get the impression of strong , and this may not mean much but perhaps the pleasant environment he chose to shoot the video may mean valueing.

    Using the IA language, he seems to be mostly into External Statics of Fields.

    I didn't get a consistent vibe regarding his temperament, so I could see ILE too, although I'd expect an ILE to be a bit goofier.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  9. #9
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There may be a theme in the background, so suggesting a type -- but what he's trying to convey is , even if a bit disjointed.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  10. #10
    The Troll Slayer Hitta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In your mom's uterus
    Posts
    4,009
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    There may be a theme in the background, so suggesting a type -- but what he's trying to convey is , even if a bit disjointed.
    You are just dumb, simply put.
    Model X Will Save Us!

    *randomwarelinkremoved

    jessica129:scrotums r hot

    :" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

  11. #11
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That's ok. I think you are about the biggest combination of stupidity, ignorance, arrogance, all mixed with a pathetic inclination to whine, as in "why doesn't anyone give me more encouragement?", on this (and apparently other) forums. So if you think I'm dumb, it's ok. I take it as a compliment . I would worry if you thought I was correct.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  12. #12
    The Troll Slayer Hitta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In your mom's uterus
    Posts
    4,009
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    That's ok. I think you are about the biggest combination of stupidity, ignorance, arrogance, all mixed with a pathetic inclination to whine, as in "why doesn't anyone give me more encouragement?", on this (and apparently other) forums. So if you think I'm dumb, it's ok. I take it as a compliment . I would worry if you thought I was correct.
    No, I get frustrated because people on here aren't capable of using logic. You are one of those people. You are more retarded than a mother that uses regular underwear on her infant son.
    Model X Will Save Us!

    *randomwarelinkremoved

    jessica129:scrotums r hot

    :" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95 View Post
    I had thought Einstein's God was an "impersonal God", is what he called it -- not the sort of God associated with souls or afterlifes necessarily, but just the structure of the natural world.
    Correct. And the guy seems to have misunderstood Chris Langan too.

    Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95 View Post
    But yes, I think that was a stream of mostly Ni in the video. And without much Fe, so I'd figure some INT type.
    Correct observation.

    Originally Posted by Expat
    Almost everything he's saying is , as in establishing correlations - between intelligence and believing in God, intelligence and inclination to depression, etc. That is the overall theme of his little lecture.
    Yes, that's the overall theme -- but it is not . The guy is clearly not an LII. He is an ILI, and he is also one of very few examples I have seen of an ILI that believes in God. But he has misunderstood and confused the things he is talking about, which is probably the main reason why he doesn't seem to be very smart.

  14. #14
    cunnilingus epilepsy inducer
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,429
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hitta View Post
    Whatever type he is, I want to shoot him with a laser cannon. He is dumb as fuck. How in the hell do you prove the existence of God when you can't even prove that we exist?
    He wasn't trying to prove the exsitence of God.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Almost everything he's saying is , as in establishing correlations - between intelligence and believing in God, intelligence and inclination to depression, etc. That is the overall theme of his little lecture. He also gets into a bit of when he suddenly digresses on different kinds of intelligence. He does use input but at the service of , as when he provides some examples and quotes. Finally, I don't get the impression of strong , and this may not mean much but perhaps the pleasant environment he chose to shoot the video may mean valueing.

    Using the IA language, he seems to be mostly into External Statics of Fields.

    I didn't get a consistent vibe regarding his temperament, so I could see ILE too, although I'd expect an ILE to be a bit goofier.

    honestly i don't agree at all. i think his emphasis is not really on considering or "establishing correlations" at all but rather trying to make sense of what he does interpret as going on, and as trying to explain his perspective on things. his perspective is very biased in favor of catholicism (although actually he doesn't demonstrate it in this video). i think he's a very open-minded individual who happens to be very very closed-minded on the issue of god.

    some things that i noticed: he integrates a lot of factual information into the discussion in order to prove his points (i think ignoring a great deal of factual information to the contrary, but that's a different issue). he makes many of his points in a very roundabout and open-ended way. he seems to be talking entirely out of his understanding and out of his head for the majority of the time, and has a very drawn out thinking process where it's easy to follow the flow of all of his ideas. he draws on a lot of different areas that he finds relevant to the topic at hand.

    his choice of topics in his videos often relate to religion, but in cases like this one reflect on the role of the individual in the greater scheme of things, both of which can be interpreted as Ni topics.


    my conclusion was: probably ILI.

  16. #16
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    honestly i don't agree at all. i think his emphasis is not really on considering or "establishing correlations" at all
    In this one particular video - the only one I saw - it's what he talks about for a considerable amount of time. "Intelligence - believing in God" and "intelligence - depression" and even, rather lamely, "Jewishness - intelligence". He's sort of taking for granted that these kinds of correlations are likely. How is that not his emphasis in that particular video?


    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    some things that i noticed: he integrates a lot of factual information into the discussion in order to prove his points (i think ignoring a great deal of factual information to the contrary, but that's a different issue).
    That is precisely what I saw in that one video, too. Which I saw as another point for LII.


    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    he makes many of his points in a very roundabout and open-ended way. he seems to be talking entirely out of his understanding and out of his head for the majority of the time, and has a very drawn out thinking process where it's easy to follow the flow of all of his ideas. he draws on a lot of different areas that he finds relevant to the topic at hand.
    Right.

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    his choice of topics in his videos often relate to religion, but in cases like this one reflect on the role of the individual in the greater scheme of things, both of which can be interpreted as Ni topics.

    my conclusion was: probably ILI.
    Okay, again, I was looking at that one video only. If I saw his other videos I guess I would see more evidence of ILI.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  17. #17
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    I support the ILI typing, if only to finally have a universally-agreed upon idiot that is actually not typed IEI or LII or some other BS
    Do you think that that's a good reason?
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    TIM
    INTj
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    he does strike me as ISTp or INTp from a few of the videos. I can see where expat is coming from but I dont feel comfortable stating my thoughts just yet. I havent formed an opinion with argument. but in his videos he seems to be less lenient with factual information while being much more fluid with different related concepts (like religion).

    Im wondering about what niffweed said about an openminded person who is closed minded about a certain topic. It is making me think, because although it would make some sense if the break was between people topics and factual topics, it seems odd that someone would not treat all ideas in the same fashion. I dont know.

    EDIT: after watching more of the videos I feel I would feel more comfortable with him than with most INTps I've met. Now I'd say hes ISTp or INTj. I think ISTp.
    Last edited by Ms. Kensington; 02-24-2008 at 11:14 AM.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    In this one particular video - the only one I saw - it's what he talks about for a considerable amount of time. "Intelligence - believing in God" and "intelligence - depression" and even, rather lamely, "Jewishness - intelligence". He's sort of taking for granted that these kinds of correlations are likely. How is that not his emphasis in that particular video?
    his correlations are dumb and ignore a wealth of evidence to the contrary. but i really disagree with you about the emphasis being that "these kinds of correlations are likely" and must exist, and it is his job to find them. rather i think his approach is much more about "here's reality as i see it, and i'm going to give a long and rambling monologue about what i think some of the dynamics of this particular aspect of reality." which doesn't strike me as particularly LII.

    That is precisely what I saw in that one video, too. Which I saw as another point for LII.
    it seems that you saw much of the same evidence as i and came up with a diametrically differing conclusion.

    Okay, again, I was looking at that one video only. If I saw his other videos I guess I would see more evidence of ILI.
    or i could be wrong in the ILI typing. actually i think this particular video is not that representative of most of his videos, only in the sense that he's a very religious catholic who's very interested in the spiritual experience, and all of the other videos of his that i've watched so far (which i find very interesting, even though i disagree with them), excepting one political stump for john mccain, he's talked extensively about his experience and his interpretation of many aspects of religion (ie, discussing atheism, trying to dispel myths about catholicism, talking about his therapy sessions when he was accused of being crazy for attempting to start a jesus-oriented cult, etc.)

    for a variety of reasons related to their content many of those videos aren't really optimal for getting inside his head and seeing how he thinks. i think the one in this thread is better in that respect.

  20. #20
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    his correlations are dumb and ignore a wealth of evidence to the contrary. but i really disagree with you about the emphasis being that "these kinds of correlations are likely" and must exist, and it is his job to find them. rather i think his approach is much more about "here's reality as i see it, and i'm going to give a long and rambling monologue about what i think some of the dynamics of this particular aspect of reality." which doesn't strike me as particularly LII.
    Those particular correlations aren't dynamic, but static.

    Anyway, never mind. Since I haven't seen the other videos, it's pretty pointless. Even if what I am describing is evidence of , there's nothing against an ILI "indulging" in it now and then.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Even if what I am describing is evidence of
    But what you are describing is not evidence of -- that's what's most important to realize in this discussion.

  22. #22

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    23
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Umm, I thought that he was an INFj at first, but judging from his MYSPACE page, he could be an INFp. In fact, I do think that he is an INFp...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •