Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can NTs (particularly Gamma) go days without having a wash

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Can NTs (particularly Gamma) go days without having a wash...

...and feel comfortable with it? Could you go to work or to a lecture not having had a shower or having washed?

Creepy-Cyclops

It's probably more of a guy thing than a gamma thing.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think so. I know plenty of guys who can't do this, including me.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is certainly not a quadra thing.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, is not washing etc. a Si thing? Basically, can I have Si PoLR if I couldn't stand not washing at least once a day when there is a shower available?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would have payed money to see that post you deleted, ifmd. (;
    Last edited by implied; 02-22-2008 at 01:04 PM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Okay, is not washing etc. a Si thing? Basically, can I have Si PoLR if I couldn't stand not washing at least once a day when there is a shower available?
    I think it is related to Si; however, I think EIEs can have Si PoLR and worry a lot about washing. LIEs are more likely to go the way you described.

Normally I wash every day; however, I have done backpacking trips where I went for 3 days without washing. Not that I enjoyed it; but neither did it bother me that much.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...and feel comfortable with it? Could you go to work or to a lecture not having had a shower or having washed?
    sure. i can and have done that when i've needed to.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I often go for a few days at a time without washing, although that's purely because I don't really think about it rather than making a point or whatever. It doesn't bother me in the slightest; the only time it does bother me is if something specifically has happened to make me feel dirty. I hate getting my hands dirty for some reason; if I were to have some ink on my hands, I'd try and wash it off as soon as possible. People were aware of this when I was younger, although the fact I didn't wash once a day seemed to offend them more than the actual consequence of it (which is pretty little in my case, probably due to my extremely sedentary lifestyle). meh, it's not causing me any problems at the moment. If it does in the future, I'll change my ways then. Besides, it's good for the immune system to not be constantly cleansed, although you'd have to be clean to the extreme to suffer ill effects from it. Like anything really I suppose. No doubt some people are going to be disgusted by this post, but meh, as far as I'm aware nobody here has contact with me in real life so it's their own problem if they don't like a bunch of words that have no practical effect in their daily life.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Creepy-Cyclops

I don't think so. I know plenty of guys who can't do this, including me.
    Most guys who work on building sites for instance won't wash in the mornings.

Maybe it depends on what your having to do, where you are also possibly being able to establish a routine. If having a routine has something to do with it, perhaps thats type related?

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BLauritson View Post
    I often go for a few days at a time without washing, although that's purely because I don't really think about it rather than making a point or whatever. It doesn't bother me in the slightest; the only time it does bother me is if something specifically has happened to make me feel dirty. I hate getting my hands dirty for some reason; if I were to have some ink on my hands, I'd try and wash it off as soon as possible. People were aware of this when I was younger, although the fact I didn't wash once a day seemed to offend them more than the actual consequence of it (which is pretty little in my case, probably due to my extremely sedentary lifestyle). meh, it's not causing me any problems at the moment. If it does in the future, I'll change my ways then. Besides, it's good for the immune system to not be constantly cleansed, although you'd have to be clean to the extreme to suffer ill effects from it. Like anything really I suppose. No doubt some people are going to be disgusted by this post, but meh, as far as I'm aware nobody here has contact with me in real life so it's their own problem if they don't like a bunch of words that have no practical effect in their daily life.
    Yup, your alpha.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I'm around other people, especially strangers, I prefer being as fresh and clean as possible. With familiar people not as much. Anyways I might even be a little bit over concerned about not appearing unhygienic when with strangers. When I'm alone I don't care too much. As in I don't care too much about the "feeling of being fresh". I do care about good hygiene in the health sense though. E.g. dental hygiene and such.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to ignore physical needs in general until I have to address them. I'm a Delta, though, not a Gamma.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hitta View Post
    Yup, your alpha.
    Purely the fact that I first knew you at socionics.com makes me consider your typing of me to be complete bollocks. Never mind this +/- system of yours that you seem to base everybody's typings on.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly I've historically often been less concerned with that sort of thing than your average person, but the only times I ever went too long was when I was completely exhausted or depressed (maybe they're one in the same?). And then it would sort of bother me. I'd think about how I should take a shower, but it just sounded like sooooo much work, so I'd decide to do it later... and the days would sort of blur together sometimes, so I'd end up putting it off longer than I should have.

These days I typically shower every other day and wash my face twice a day.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't stand it, especially if I sweat.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've become ever increasingly aware of the need to take at least one shower within every 12 hours. My body feels so much different if I don't.

Be sure to use a light shampoo (I use just the baby shampoo, johnson and johnson), if you're washing your hair (or rather scalp) a lot.

Showering =
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    I've become ever increasingly aware of the need to take at least one shower within every 12 hours. My body feels so much different if I don't.

Be sure to use a light shampoo (I use just the baby shampoo, johnson and johnson), if you're washing your hair (or rather scalp) a lot.

Showering =
    I'm a bit..anal about it. I only like showers after workout-sports. I don't like to shower if I haven't sweat. This is one of the reasons I force myself to workout every day, basically since I don't like not to shower. (yay for double negatives!)
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I am highly secretive in my glands or something like that, so it is just important for me to do it on a regular basis, regardless of working out or not. Even if I don't exert myself a lot during the day, if I go to sleep for 6-10 hours or so, and wake up, that is the whole day's worth of build up basically baking over the evening hours. If I happen to have to run out the door and not make my morning shower, then it just is not good. So like I said, I don't take full fledged showers with tons of soap and shampoo and stuff every time I walk into one.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EDIT: I know it's directed at gamma NT, but I think the thread makes pointless demands on people.

Well I don't know... Washing every day is so pointless. If I wash my body without washing my hair, it will make my hair dirtyer (because water is warm). If I wash my hair I have to wait 2 hours before I can go out and even then there's 50% chance that my hair will look frizzy and I will look horrible. No one will come and smell me, but they will see how horrible I look. If I wash in the evening, I will wake up with horrible hair. And if I blowdry my hair, my skin will hate me for it and my hair will get dry and dangled. Overall, I have to wash exactly once in every 2 days. I avoid washing my hair any more frequently. Up to 3 days when I have a fever and I'm not going anywhere and I don't plan on having wet hair for like 2 hours... Yeah I know the USA "wash hair every day" rule, but I just don't agree with it. And actually I think that even taking a shower doesn't really change that much. T-shirt with a bad cut and bad fabric will cause more BO within 2 hours than a good natural fabric T-shirt after 2 days. Just don't wear synthetics, guys!

So yeah, I am obsessed with it and I do get very paranoid when I think I don't look/smell fresh, but I don't think that having a shower every day is the right way to go. Besides, I really hate coming out of the shower all dripping and cold. That's a PoLR hit too and 2 days is the compromise between wanting to be fresh and really hating coming out of the shower.

Disclaimer: I do make exceptions, e.g. I always shower after gym and I even blowdry my hair.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I even "feel" dirty in any way I'll take a shower. This can even include taking a shower in the morning... sitting around all day... and "feeling" like I need a shower before I go out...lol. I actually like taking showers though... so I'm weird I guess. I keep my hair very short though, so I wash it every day and it's usually dry before I even have any clothes on...lol

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That would be an Alpha thing, not a Gamma.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Were are you getting this information, hitta?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I certainly can't. I have to shower everyday, and generally feel yuk if I don't. A nice hot shower is also my way of waking up.
    LII

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For some reason I could see ENTp or INTp going to work without a shower more likely than ENTj or INTj. I have no idea why and whether this is true. Anyways I wouldn't say shower is an Alpha NT vs Gamma NT thing.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX View Post
    For some reason I could see ENTp or INTp going to work without a shower more likely than ENTj or INTj. I have no idea why and whether this is true. Anyways I wouldn't say shower is an Alpha NT vs Gamma NT thing.
    lol right, it's not a type thing AT ALL. There are INTjs/ENTps ENTjs/INTps (or any type for that matter) who like to shower often and others that don't. It depends on the individual of course.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    lol right, it's not a type thing AT ALL. There are INTjs/ENTps ENTjs/INTps (or any type for that matter) who like to shower often and others that don't. It depends on the individual of course.
    Based on my experiences, I would tend to agree with that. I know three ESxjs (I'm confident on one's type, fairly sure on the other two), all females, who can go a couple of days without showering. One can get away with going almost a week and still can look and smell just fine. Another one generally likes the feeling of being clean and so makes more of an effort. And the other doesn't seem to care all that much (well, not as much as I do).
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm pretty sure the guy who goes a week without bathing is my "conflictor" regardless of type.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have done it, but I don't feel comfortable.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Normally I wash every day; however, I have done backpacking trips where I went for 3 days without washing. Not that I enjoyed it; but neither did it bother me that much.
    Right, but did you have access to a shower? I was away with the OTC this weekend, and even though we 'wash' with water and soap we bring out with us into the field, I don't do this. If the utilities aren't adequate i.e. if there's no shower, I simply won't wash. I just can't be arsed. It's not an issue. You learn to accept that you have to put up with it.

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    i'm pretty sure the guy who goes a week without bathing is my "conflictor" regardless of type.

Creepy-Cyclops

Right, but did you have access to a shower? I was away with the OTC this weekend, and even though we 'wash' with water and soap we bring out with us into the field, I don't do this. If the utilities aren't adequate i.e. if there's no shower, I simply won't wash. I just can't be arsed. It's not an issue.
    I thought you said you couldn't go without washing everyday and it was an issue, but now it's ok. What fucking planet are you on?
    You learn to accept that you have to put up with it
    So little baby's some sort of hardnut now cause he didn't get to shampoo and perfume himself. Wow, do you train SAS guys also?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    he IS actually consistent. you are just not in the mood.
    consistently inconsistent!

Creepy-Cyclops

the stuff about his inconsistency is bullshit. this topic is not worth the time, is a waste of energy and can be equaled to people on acid spewing out crap.
    I like him. I just think he gets a bit confused sometimes. Nothing wrong with that I suppose, or is there do you think?

Creepy-Cyclops

but Ne polrs have been here since a long, very, very long time ago. and they are as inferior as any of us in terms of functions.

the whole thing is a function of whether he actually IS an Ne polr, which, again i tend to currently strongly believe.
    Sounds like a duality thing there D

Creepy-Cyclops

it can sound so i suppose. though it is actually not enough as an evidence as it could be only partial or what if it's something else, huh? can you be 100% sure about it? no.
    Yeah. Hopefully he'll sit your test and see if can find out what type he is. Might at least give some pointers to yours too..

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A week without showering? This person is definetly not getting laid.

And frankly I find this thread disgusting. The most I could ever go without showering is two days and that would require me to not be in contact with anyone as I would feel repulsive . Come on people, respect others need to NOT smell you. Ew.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    A week without showering? This person is definetly not getting laid.

And frankly I find this thread disgusting. The most I could ever go without showering is two days and that would require me to not be in contact with anyone as I would feel repulsive . Come on people, respect others need to NOT smell you. Ew.
    What about back in the day when people didn't have showers?

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    That's why weddings were in June - not too horribly long after their yearly bath (?). And they used flowers to mask the body smell. Your stinking trivia for the day.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    They were gross.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    They were gross.
    In a way it's cleaner to be dirty. Oh..also bare feet don't stink

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast