Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 46

Thread: -

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    169
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    -
    Last edited by Dee; 02-26-2009 at 03:01 AM.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hey dee: your functional descriptions are still a piece of shit.

  3. #3
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    hey dee: your functional descriptions are still a piece of shit.
    language, language
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  4. #4
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    aNT 5
    gNT -9
    aSF 7
    gSF -3
    bST -3
    dST -1
    bNF 3
    dNF 1

    It works!
    I liked how you incorporated not sures/I think sos into all 3 choices Dee. Made it easier on my conscience
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    75
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    aNT. I think it would work for some types better than others.
    delta nf (?) ... 4w5 (?)

  6. #6
    Currently God Brilliand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    4,246
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hmmm... I got a balance between aNT and gNT. It's a bit vague, but good for giving general direction...

    I answered it the way I thought I would have answered it before knowing about Socionics, so I put my dual-seeking function as an insecurity. Does the test account for people doing that?



    LII-Ne

    "Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

    Johari

  7. #7
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    aNT 8
    gNT 2
    aSF -2
    gSF -6
    bST 0
    dST -6
    bNF 6
    dNF 0

  8. #8
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Dee, I'm curious, if you were to evalute the strengths and weaknesses of this test in a constructively critical way, what would you say about it? What are its strong points and what are its weak points, and why?

  9. #9
    Currently God Brilliand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    4,246
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, I didn't save my data... but basically, what I would expect to throw off the result is:
    -I put my dual-seeking function as an insecurity (before I had a dual to talk to, it was horrible)
    -I put Fi as something I enjoy - a value learned from my parents, probably
    -I put a low score for valuing my hidden agenda
    -I put that I enjoy my PoLR, because I'm sure I would enjoy it if I somehow managed to use it well

    Basically, it's easy to value your super-ego functions, because you're so painfully aware of the weakness - and it's easy to be insecure in your super-id functions, if your needs aren't being met. So maybe the wording could be improved, perhaps to reflect that it refers to what you enjoy people doing to you, not what you would enjoy doing to others.

    The reason a knowledge of Socionics might cause a problem is that I would be prone to take my known type, dissect it and answer the questions about it instead of about me.



    LII-Ne

    "Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

    Johari

  10. #10
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    And I have another question. What about your tests are you improving over time? Like when you make a new test, what are you focusing on changing between it and the last test?

  11. #11
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    it's way more chaotic than that.
    So it's not really going in any particular direction... but is more random and whimsical? Like idea hopping?

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    173
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nice test! Got exactly what I'd expect:

    aNT: 8
    gNT: 2
    aSF: -5
    gSF: -10
    bST: 0
    dST: -2
    bNF: -1
    dNT: 3
    LII

  13. #13
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    thanks, niff.
    He's right; nothing has changed since your last test except the format. And that wasn't the problem. The problem was the functional descriptions. Why do you not take advice on board? It's very frustrating when you don't.

  14. #14
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    gNT 11
    aSF -11
    aNT, dST, dNF 1
    The others, -1
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  15. #15
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    i have spent a great deal of time trying to understand the elements and what i write on them is NOT crap. niffweed can suck my ass.
    I don't think they're crap, I just agree with niffweed in the sense that they're the same quality as those in your last test. He thinks they're crap; I think they need improvement. niffweed offers pointless criticism, designed to deter the individual from furthering their studies (Ne devaluing; unwillingness to consider other possibilities). I offer constructive criticism. Basically, either you need to develop your functional descriptions a bit, or you need to include more questions which address the entire breadth of any given function. For example, have maybe seven or eight short questions relating to each function, or perhaps two or three length ones.

    Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    i just updated the questions (they still ask the same thing) using definitions from a russian wiki (not wikisocion). I NEED MORE POSTERS.
    Okay, I'll do your test for your research purposes.

    Please take my advice about using a different program/software/format as opposed to MS Excel.

  16. #16
    PotatoSpirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bologna, Italy
    Posts
    637
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Worked, nice.

    aNT
    5
    gNT 1
    aSF
    -2
    gSF
    -4
    bST 7
    dST -1
    bNF 0
    dNF -6
    LSI

  17. #17
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    aNT 6
    bST 3
    gNT 2
    bNF 0
    dNF 0
    aSF -3
    dST -3
    gSF -7

    dee, I actually think your tests are progressing in accuracy. You've restored my belief that there can be a socionics test.

  18. #18
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    of course there can! if it's model based and uses spot on definitions.
    If it was model-based, why would you ever need to include Reinin or the temperaments, especially when they're so often in question?

  19. #19
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think the test was quite good; I think it may even work reasonably well with people who never heard of socionics.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  20. #20
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    aNT 1
    gNT 1
    aSF -1
    gSF 1
    bST 0
    dST 2
    bNF 0
    dNF -2

  21. #21
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    aNT 1
    gNT 1
    aSF -1
    gSF 1
    bST 0
    dST 2
    bNF 0
    dNF -2
    You chose no "4" options?
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  22. #22
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    You chose no "4" options?
    i chose a few -- 10 total.

  23. #23
    oyburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    somewhere overthere
    Posts
    2,528
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    aNT 8
    gNT 0
    aSF -1
    gSF -7
    bST -1
    dST 1
    bNF 0
    dNF 0
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

  24. #24
    normal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    nil
    TIM
    nil
    Posts
    975
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ok, im going to take this test.

    ok, this test is good. I have been stuck between gSF and aSF.

  25. #25
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I like the vagueness of the answers. Keeps me from having to give absolutes.

    BetaNF - 5
    DeltaNF - 1
    GammaNT - -4
    DeltaST - -4

    *looks around* You all really need a ROFL button. If it wasn't bad enough being jerked around between ISFP and INFP for MB... I'm not blasting you, dee. It's just hilarious that I often get different results depending on the test I take.

    I dunno, though. The test is very easy, but your last one told me I was definitely not B_NF but was pretty high D_NF.
    Last edited by Cuddly McFluffles; 02-22-2008 at 09:04 PM.
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  26. #26
    normal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    nil
    TIM
    nil
    Posts
    975
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    was aNT or gNT lower? (conflictor should be lowest).
    aNT -2
    gNT 2
    aSF -4
    gSF 4
    bST 1
    dST -1
    bNF 1
    dNF -1

    Yes.

  27. #27
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    previous test was way more dubious. this one uses (as it seems to me now) spot on definitions for valued, strong and superego.
    Huh. *throws hands up* I dunno. I carry strong traits of both types.
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  28. #28
    normal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    nil
    TIM
    nil
    Posts
    975
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    well, remember our conversation on ESFP? also that EP in your sig...

    yes i still remember that. Also, my EP sig was long time ago. I figure out my enneagram type too (7w8) so... ESFp make a lot of more sense.

  29. #29
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    also, your avatar location definitely points to Ixxx. if i could see your face over video, i could tell straight away if you are ENFP or INFP as i have seen so many.
    Don't have any videos. Just pics. As far as the id thing goes...the bounciness comes more naturally, but that deep, inner world...the sensitivity and symbolism - that's where I feel right. It's different forms of comfortable.

    BTW, the avatar location is said with a mischevious, deranged-looking glint in my eye. ^.^
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  30. #30
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    so INFP, when being ENFP (using ENFP ego functions), will be very delicate, wise, fatherly in relation to Ne and Fi of others, focus on "i" more, talk about Ne and Fi in relation how they tie to "me", etc. Fi will be demonstrative so it's an always positive attitide shown to people, if you want an excuse, limiting Ne (7th) would be mostly likely used: "it's a bad idea". if people around start looking down and in front, you energize and stop the sadness and energize with emotion, no? what about relationships bewteen people and ethical evaluations, like "washing of the bones" of different people and being direct and blunt about it, liking such convos and doing them without excessive emotions. ENFPs basically just use people around, don't care about coming to appointments or meetings, always look very confident, strong and energetic, etc. do you identify?
    I do hate people being sad. I may or may not attempt to remedy it. If they're depressed, I do what I can to snap them out of it. I listen, pat, and joke. I also talk a lot. ^_^;

    What about ENFP using INFP?
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  31. #31

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    402
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    aNT -1
    gNT 9
    aSF -6
    gSF -4
    bST -5
    dST 1
    bNF -2
    dNF 6

    ok so what does it mean? I don't really know that much about socionics but score E/INTP on MBTI tests. Intuitive and perceptive are my higest scores after years of testing.
    Polly
    ENTP

  32. #32
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    well apparently (took from socionics.org):
    well it's like ENFPs usually avoid the subject matter of Ni, but if you're late or something like that, because they unconsciously keep track of it (7th function keeps track of things too), they will use it then or smth. haven't seen it much being used by ENFPs. as for Fe, they can start laughing about something and anything really, but the laughter is not piercing at all (compare to ENFJs). they are also very concerned for emotional state of ISTPs and are very careful with their Fe about it. generally, their relationship is ENFP often doesn't come to meetings, is very quick to loose interest and ISTP usually acts to always not tell everything, disappear at weird moments, etc. (to feed the volatile interest of ENFP).
    *explained high Ni in PM* Ack, I'd hate someone who was always disappearing. I want to spend tons of time with/around a person if I feel that much about them.
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  33. #33
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    well, Ryene Astraelis seems to be delta NF >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> alpha NF from PM and photos. maybe this test somehow sometimes gives quasi quadra-club. or maybe just RA had not being serious while answering. or maybe my test sucks
    I tried to be serious. ^.^ If it gives the right result most times, then it works fine, IMO. I don't know that perfection is possible.
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  34. #34
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    or maybe the model A is wrong
    Yours or theirs?
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  35. #35
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    *pats* To me, perfection is unattainable. I see such as a realistic view, not pessimistic. Still...it's not something to let get you down. Just try your best.

    I'd say if you can get the others, don't worry so much about us rare birds. We're just strange...and this one is happy in the midst of her strangeness. ^.^
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  36. #36
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    that's not how i work though, i WANT it to work perfectly

    doesn't mean i will ever accomplish it. i'll work on it some more and see what happens. i mean i wanna find my own type too with it heheheh.
    *knows a perfect Demotivator poster for this* Don't know how you'd take it, though.
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  37. #37

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    402
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ok well the one that struck me as contradictory for me (and I could see why it wouldn't for others) is
    laws, reason, mathematics, analysis, logical connections, order
    Being good at mathmatics actually requires a good memory. It is a 'detail" and I tend to pay attention to concepts instead of details. It's how I can function so logically despite having a poor memory.

    Another is
    predictions, imagining actions, facts or emotions
    The emotions part made what felt like a comfortable action feel more uncomfortable. I dislike dealing with emotion but enjoy trying to connect things to make predictions and I do imagine actions as well, its like a run through of the possibilities. I rarely involve emotion in these actions. I do like analyzing other people's emotions though. I am comfortable with doing that as opposed to experiencing them or being subjected to them.

    Another thing is I do like to relax. I just notice my idea of relaxation doesn't include anything else in that category. To me to relax is total escape from my senses.
    Polly
    ENTP

  38. #38
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Polly_G View Post
    Being good at mathematics actually requires a good memory. It is a 'detail" and I tend to pay attention to concepts instead of details. It's how I can function so logically despite having a poor memory.
    And being bad at it does not require a bad memory. It's not my best subject, and not because I can't remember the formulas; my mental math is atrocious. I'm much better at the deductive reasoning branch. And yet, I can get an A on an English or History test.

    Quote Originally Posted by Polly_G View Post
    I do like analyzing other people's emotions though. I am comfortable with doing that as opposed to experiencing them or being subjected to them.
    I think that's what dee meant. She'd have to confirm it, though.

    Still, I get what you're saying, and I agree, especially in the math one. I'm good at logic, analysis, and reasoning. I'm just bad with numbers.
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  39. #39

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    402
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    And being bad at it does not require a bad memory. It's not my best subject, and not because I can't remember the formulas; my mental math is atrocious. I'm much better at the deductive reasoning branch. And yet, I can get an A on an English or History test.
    Me too, I even did a Masters Thesis for an International Relations degree but I didn't actually do the degree, I just wrote the thesis for someone else who left themselves only a week until their deadline to do it and begged for help.

    Just don't ask me to do math without a calculator. I will spend time to develop spreadsheets to do math for me, but I avoid doing the math myself.
    Polly
    ENTP

  40. #40
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Delta - 7
    Beta - 2
    Alpha - 2
    Gamma - 0
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •