Thread: Unquenchable Curiosity

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Unquenchable Curiosity

Which type/quadra/function/whichever does this seem to most apply to? By the title, I mean the sense of "having to know", no matter how much time or effort it takes.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    no matter how much time or effort it takes.
    neglecting Ni & Te?

Alpha?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    neglecting Ni & Te?

Alpha?
    And regardless of other obligations, BTW.

Well...the effort one is within reason. (At least for me)
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm wondering about leading Ne, although I honestly can't remember if that's something I learned in Socionics or just an old MBTI stereotype that I failed to purge from my system.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which type/quadra/function/whichever does this seem to most apply to? By the title, I mean the sense of "having to know", no matter how much time or effort it takes.
    Having to know stuff in the external world and being willing to take lots of effort to do so sounds like leading Te, not weak Te. "No matter how much time or effort it takes" does not imply weak Te or weak Ni, but rather sounds like a view of a person from the perspective of someone else who doesn't have the same priorities. For example, an introvert may see an extravert's activities as involving a lot of effort in the external world that the introvert wouldn't take him/herself.

That said, different any type may seem to have an unquenchable desire to get more into its particular interest. E.g., curiousity about Ti matters might indicate a Ti type, etc.

Another dimension here is that N types in general, both Ni and Ne, do not tend to see things as "directly" as S types, and therefore may seem to keep digging and searching. This would apply particularly to irrational N types.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Having to know stuff in the external world and being willing to take lots of effort to do so sounds like leading Te, not weak Te. "No matter how much time or effort it takes" does not imply weak Te or weak Ni, but rather sounds like a view of a person from the perspective of someone else who doesn't have the same priorities. For example, an introvert may see an extravert's activities as involving a lot of effort in the external world that the introvert wouldn't take him/herself.

That said, different any type may seem to have an unquenchable desire to get more into its particular interest. E.g., curiosity about Ti matters might indicate a Ti type, etc.
    Ti: Hm... Point. Te: Although, isn't everything external fact/theory in the end, whether it relates to the inward or not? Unless we get into feelings that cannot be described.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Another dimension here is that N types in general, both Ni and Ne, do not tend to see things as "directly" as S types, and therefore may seem to keep digging and searching. This would apply particularly to irrational N types.
    Directly? *blinks*
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever it is, I relate to it a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"To know" is the hidden agenda of ENFp and ESFp.

http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...dden_agenda.22
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Interesting. Is there a reason for it being a cylinder, though? I mean, the tendrils and all...is it some sort of cross-over territory (one bleeding into the other), or is it just to look pretty?
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. Is there a reason for it being a cylinder, though? I mean, the tendrils and all...is it some sort of cross-over territory (one bleeding into the other), or is it just to look pretty?
    It's a cylinder to make it more obviously 3d (to remedy that it's hard to draw)... I was thinking how the Te HA (person) wants what the Fi HA (person) has, and though the Fi HA person does have that, it still isn't enough... the Fi HA (person) wants/needs what the Te HA (person) has... it's like they're swirling into one another... It doesn't necessarily have to be a "person" but could just be going on inside a single person's mind.

It's like even if you have something that others might want, you're still reaching for something... it always circles...

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a cylinder to make it more obviously 3d (to remedy that it's hard to draw)... I was thinking how the Te HA (person) wants what the Fi HA (person) has, and though the Fi HA person does have that, it still isn't enough... the Fi HA (person) wants/needs what the Te HA (person) has... it's like they're swirling into one another... It doesn't necessarily have to be a "person" but could just be going on inside a single person's mind.

It's like even if you have something that others might want, you're still reaching for something... it always circles...
    Ah. OK. Now what is HA?
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah. OK. Now what is HA?
    hidden agenda/mobilizing function... function 6... super id block...

maybe look here...

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hidden agenda/mobilizing function... function 6... super id block...

maybe look here...

*reads* That brought back a recent mental monologue I had about understanding vs. knowing. I value both but realized that I place more significance on the former. To me, you don't know if you don't understand (I know that's illogical, but it's a feeling, not necessarily something I can rationalize). Ex: I've always heard MBTI and socionics are different. I know that, but I did not understand why until today. And now, I am satisfied in that aspect.
    Last edited by Cuddly McFluffles; 02-20-2008 at 07:52 PM.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.