Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do ENFps deal with weight issues?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How do ENFps deal with weight issues?

So lately ive been chomping away at food perhaps a little bit too much. I broke my hand and my gym partner had an operation so i haven't been in like forever.

How do ENFp's go with their weight? I mean physical exericise isn't really really common for me, and keeping to a diet is near impossible. Lets see i know one ENFp girl shes in great shape. I know another who looked (only slightly) pudgy. Then i saw her again the other night and she looked good again. She admits she binges on chocolates a bit.

Im thinking perhaps the only thing that may save ENFp's is a partner who eats healthy. Actually whenever im with someone i drop the pounds really fast. It could also be with my frantic and unpredictable way of living sometimes i dont even bother to eat at all. Yesterday i was at the beach looking at mah little tum. Hmmmm. I forgot to put sunscreen on my back and now i look like ive spilled a tin of beetroot all over myself.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My sister, an ENFp, is in great shape. Better than me, anyway, though she weighs more. I'm thinner but she has more muscle. She doesn't have any sort of really regular regimen that I'm aware of. Nothing that she sticks to, at least, lol. She does like to go running every so often, maybe a couple of days a week. And she's developed tastes for good, healthy foods. As in, she likes to eat healthy food. It tastes good to her. She isn't paranoid about eating non-healthy food, but she does tend toward things that are better for you when she has that choice. I think she's a little like me also, in that we both don't eat regularly, per se, just when we are hungry. We both graze a lot. But she does eat more than me, it seems.

I think she's as healthy as she is because not only does she have an interest in being so - it feels good and life is better that way - but she's also learned to pay attention to what her body is saying about what it needs. If you can do that, you don't have to remember schedules and calorie numbers and all of that other annoying stuff. You just learn some basic principles and facts and then leave it up to your body to remind you. Not that discipline is a bad thing... just that it doesn't have to be a huge stressful thing to make life healthier.

Is that kind of what you were talking about?
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah thats what i was thinking Minde. I think many ENFp's would be conscious of it. Its just right now, im thinking about how nice it would be to have nandos or subway for lunch. Or how great a twix would be... If i can get through today eating stuff from the cupboard it will be a miracle.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excercise allows you to look good naked, low body fat (diet) also makes you look good naked, and is what causes a lean look in most people.

Diet is 80% of what you look like, so I'd start there. I'd suggest getting rid of the crappier versions of food and learn how to love good food. It'll take your taste buds a bit (a week or two) to get used to "blander", less caloric food, but trust me you'll get used to it and pretty soon a banana or apple will taste sweeter and more fresh than any candy you've ever had.
    Last edited by xyz; 02-19-2008 at 10:47 PM.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meatburger, I don't know if this is something you'd like, but maybe try being creative with the food you have. My sister has recently gotten into cooking a little more. She doesn't really like to follow recipes (too restricting or something) and while that can end up with less than desirable results she has fun while doing it. And, I'll admit, most of what she does come up with is pretty edible. I got her a cookbook for Christmas that instead of having real recipes - you know, the kind where it says exactly how much and how to do it - has these basic ideas and principles for how to prepare and cook things and then gives some beginning ideas on how to combine them. But it's more of a "this is how to gut a fish" or "this is how to cut up a pineapple" or "this is how long to cook a [whatever]" than a "do this, then this, then this" book. And it's got lots of pictures, which makes things nicer and more clear. She seems to have gotten some use out of it.

Anyway, maybe if you can find some fun in cooking, even if it's not really "Cooking" like a grand chef or something, just finding new ways to combine things, maybe you'll enjoy something like that?

And, yeah, like what LokiV said, just developing a taste for the healthier stuff. Stock up on the good stuff when you go shopping, don't let yourself go get something else, and then try being creative and having fun with the (healthy!) ingredients at your disposal.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Creepy-Cyclops

You could always take up smoking for weight control aha Well at least thats why I think so many celebrities do it.

But on a serious note tho diet goes a long way. Try and remember to cook when you can rather than buying out. What is good is to try and have some protein with each meal. Protein out of all the foods causes you to feel fuller for longer. And its good stuff to keep your muscles ship shape as the weight drops to a healthy level. Remember try and do some exercise to keep your health and metabolism reving..for instance you could even go hillwalking on a Saturday..it's a fun day out and your getting exercise out it.

When your hand gets better you can buy a pull up bar and fit it to your door frame in bedroom or whatever. If you do a few pull ups and chin ups a couple of days a week it does just about every upper body muscle. Its more convenient than having to go to the gym (which also isn't always practical) so its good for overall muscle tone.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    Yeah thats what i was thinking Minde. I think many ENFp's would be conscious of it. Its just right now, im thinking about how nice it would be to have nandos or subway for lunch. Or how great a twix would be... If i can get through today eating stuff from the cupboard it will be a miracle.
    I don't know about nandos, but subway isn't that bad. I'm going to get a sub right now myself
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Subway is actually one of the very few American establishments that don't have food saturated in fat.

http://www.menshealth.com/20worst/

There ya go man. Take a look at their other stuff too like "worst places". It's no joke.

- Voltaire

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Consider finding some attractive girl friends, or even attractive guy friends to work out with or jog with or whatever. Even if you're not gay or bi, seeing a male that is more cut than you are can be pretty good motivation. Some people are more likely to do stuff if everyone else is, so consider getting a workout posse or whatever.

Honestly, just seeing this on TV made me have to do it with them

If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweet thanks guys. Im gonna make an effort to change some things. My ISTp friend said "you cant walk into a service station without buying something can you". He said that about a year ago and i dont think ive bought anything in one since lol.

I love how the worst food in america is "Outback Steakhouse Aussie Cheese Fries with Ranch Dressing". Good to see Australia and America teaming up to make the world a fatter place. 2900 Calories lol. I cant believe those chicken things from maccas are so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Honestly, just seeing this on TV made me have to do it with them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moVUEGhmFGM
    I love the music the most
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well keep in mind anything that comes through to america gets triple sized and triple fried.

If I was near ya I'd team up and go on runs and shit.

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I knew this guy who I never saw without a beer in his hand (any time, day or night)... while I was studying abroad, he went on the 'Subway diet', and when I got back, he'd lost around 50 lbs! It was crazy. Still had the beer in his hand, of course...

It is weird how your taste buds can change. I started eating natural peanut butter, and at first it tasted kind of weird, but now I can't eat the regular kind b/c it tastes like plastic! I can actually taste the fillers in it.

Didn't you say your mom is a good cook? You should get her to teach you some stuff. A lot of my friends get really intimidated by cooking b/c nobody taught them. I had plenty of younger siblings, so my mom was always going "Here, stir this, and when it looks like blah blah blah, turn it off.." It's really not as hard as it looks.. it's just reassuring when someone can tell you what it's supposed to look like and how not to screw it up. And then once you have the basics, the rest is easy..

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gilad, and Arnold, both very much make me want to get some foreign accent, work out more, and start making my own group workout videos. The most influential thing being able to give commands in a foreign accent.

Creepy-Cyclops

Gilad, and Arnold, both very much make me want to get some foreign accent, work out more, and start making my own group workout videos. The most influential thing being able to give commands in a foreign accent.
    What about the Scottish accent

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sean Connery, yeah?

Creepy-Cyclops

Sean Connery, yeah?
    That ties up yeah. What about that guy from the simpsons aha

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Groundskeeper willy

ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    It is weird how your taste buds can change. I started eating natural peanut butter, and at first it tasted kind of weird, but now I can't eat the regular kind b/c it tastes like plastic! I can actually taste the fillers in it.
    Yeah, I used to eat every sort of unhealthy, unnatural, processed, greasy food you could imagine...never touched the "good" stuff...always thought it tasted horrible. I've since given up all junk food and processed foods and it's amazing how great healthy food tastes. I'd take a bowl of brocolli over a bowl of chips any day. I've tried eating the things i used to eat before and it repulses me.

And subway is very good. I've been eating there everyday for lunch and have lost 3lbs already without changing anything else. Try it.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey why don't we have a delta workout group?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know...Let's all have a meet in Texas to discuss this workout depletage

- Voltaire

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Telling you what works for me prob isn't going to help ... but there's my ENFp brother - I'll tell you what he does. First of all - he's lucky he's got my ISTp bro and myself to get him moving. He'll never stick to a routine. He's been through all the methods. He even made himself a workout chart that he was supposed to fill out everytime he worked out. That was a few years ago - there's one entry on it lol. Then he made this pact with ISTp bro that if either of them missed a workout, they would have to pay the other one $20. It became a regular source of income for ISTp. But anyway - what's finally working for him is ISTp and I just 'spontaneously' getting him to come with us when we exercise. You know - like I'm just walking out the door and I'll ask him if he wants to come running with me or ISTp will say 'come on - let's do a workout'. So now he's got a routine going and he doesn't know it. So yeah - I think you should find yourself an exercise buddy -that'd probably work best.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chopin View Post
    Telling you what works for me prob isn't going to help ... but there's my ENFp brother - I'll tell you what he does. First of all - he's lucky he's got my ISTp bro and myself to get him moving. He'll never stick to a routine. He's been through all the methods. He even made himself a workout chart that he was supposed to fill out everytime he worked out. That was a few years ago - there's one entry on it lol. Then he made this pact with ISTp bro that if either of them missed a workout, they would have to pay the other one $20. It became a regular source of income for ISTp. But anyway - what's finally working for him is ISTp and I just 'spontaneously' getting him to come with us when we exercise. You know - like I'm just walking out the door and I'll ask him if he wants to come running with me or ISTp will say 'come on - let's do a workout'. So now he's got a routine going and he doesn't know it. So yeah - I think you should find yourself an exercise buddy -that'd probably work best.
    You guys are awesome. I wish I had friends like that. The ISTPs I know dont work out at all. The most I could get one of them to do was bike riding from time to time and I have to initiate that.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. It would be pretty awesome to have your dual and semi dual as siblings i recon
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Creepy-Cyclops

Yeah. It would be pretty awesome to have your dual and semi dual as siblings i recon
    My cousins an ENFp and she's pretty awesome. She's forever doing new stuff and seems to be always involved in new things. She's defo a high energy one. It's pretty cool because she's always inviting me along to stuff Although we are different we seem somehow to click into the same type of fun when we're together. Although she's often the one with the new ideas for stuff, more often i'm the one that makes it more fun when we're doing it. Exercise wise we go hillwalking in the Scottish Highlands (which kind of made me think about that idea of hillwalking for yourself, Meat-ster )

Something i've noticed is when she talks to me about stuff thats bothering her, I seem to be able to make her relax and feel a lot better about it. Aha maybe something to this duality stuff after all

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Exercise wise we go hillwalking in the Scottish Highlands (which kind of made me think about that idea of hillwalking for yourself, Meat-ster )

Something i've noticed is when she talks to me about stuff thats bothering her, I seem to be able to make her relax and feel a lot better about it. Aha maybe something to this duality stuff after all
    Hill walking sounds rad man. Funnily enough i used to live in the hills and i didn't walk then. Now i live at the beach lol. That relaxation thing is a very big part of the duality because ENFp's need Si very much. We cant really relax properly by ourselves. Its quite common for us to be very tense with our mind racing 1,000,000 miles per hour. Like when i eat im sitting on the edge of my seat trying to finish. I will often be perched on my couch / seat for hours not realising its a terrible posture. Si seems to just say "calm down... its all ok now "
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahahaha *suddenly realizes she is also perched on the end of her chair and sits up straighter*

I have noticed that I will spontaneously do a bunch of random stuff, but it's really hard for me to go work out on a certain 2 days per week. But I'll be sitting around any other day and think "I wish I could go to a yoga class..." When I lived in a more walking oriented section of town, sometimes I'd just get antsy and wander over to the park, or walk in some of the cooler neighborhoods. I miss that.

Beach walking is pretty good. The resistance in the sand is killer!

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Suomea; 09-27-2008 at 05:23 PM.
    Suomea

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is. The three of us together = best personality combination ever

Creepy-Cyclops

hahahaha *suddenly realizes she is also perched on the end of her chair and sits up straighter*
    You know when I read that I realised I was slouched in my chair! Maybe duality is obtaining the correct way to sit
    I have noticed that I will spontaneously do a bunch of random stuff, but it's really hard for me to go work out on a certain 2 days per week. But I'll be sitting around any other day and think "I wish I could go to a yoga class..." When I lived in a more walking oriented section of town, sometimes I'd just get antsy and wander over to the park, or walk in some of the cooler neighborhoods. I miss that.
    I don't think for overall general fitness its necessary to work out regimented. Just listen to what your body wants..sometimes it wants more sometimes it wants less. Sunday mornings are always a good time to exercise outdoors imo, the pavements and the roads are more quiet then so it's more peaceful. The quietness can also be quiet peaceful and I sometimes feel the 'stillness' so to speak locking into my Si. So fwiw tiny one, try and fit something in to your Sunday morning routine. At least you get one day of exercise a week. Thats what I do at any rate.
    [/QUOTE]
    Beach walking is pretty good. The resistance in the sand is killer!
    Yeah..you see them on the tele dragging the tyre from a rope attached around the waist. Meatburger in SAS training! *wishes had grizzled SAS photo to display here*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dragging the tyre from a rope attached around the waist
    Okay, meatburger, that's what you need to try. That'll attract the chicks! (If only to say "What ARE you doing?")

Creepy-Cyclops

Okay, meatburger, that's what you need to try. That'll attract the chicks! (If only to say "What ARE you doing?")
    Puts me in mind of that Johnny Cash song 'one piece at a time'.. maybe he's building a new car and he's transporting 'one piece at a time' Gee..he's a mechanic now too..he's sounding more and more ISTp by the minute aha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You all griping about your weight?

::cocks pistol::
    And this, too, shall pass away.

ILI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now all he needs is a dog. That'll fix him right up.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by FlameReborn View Post
    You all griping about your weight?

::cocks pistol::
    No way man. I'm in fantastic shape

Creepy-Cyclops

Now all he needs is a dog. That'll fix him right up.
    Where is he? We're all talking about him. His ears must be burning

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's probably dragging a tyre along the beach as we speak

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(pssst - you guys are spelling 'tire' wrong)

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by chopin View Post
    He's probably dragging a tyre along the beach as we speak
    Yeah! He'll be able to give the terminator a run for his money soon

Creepy-Cyclops

(pssst - you guys are spelling 'tire' wrong)
    Hehehe! Americanos eh? Like I said..you guys need to come over and we'll all do the West Highland way. It'll be a blast and we can even talk about how to spell 'colour'

PS BYOT .. bring your own tent..or we could just stay in b&b's if you prefer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    No way man. I'm in fantastic shape
    Then I won't use this on you...

... I guess...

And this, too, shall pass away.

ILI

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast