Thread: The quasi-identity effect

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The quasi-identity effect

I was thinking it might be interesting and useful to examine how accepting functions and their quasi-identical-related creative functions can masquerade as each other, and how to tell them apart.

Here's a partial list. Perhaps others can come up with other examples.

Acc-Ti/Crea-Te
    Why they appear similar: Both involve conceptions that come from an introverted source; hence, from an extraverted perspective, both appear to be making things up and ignoring the external world too much.

Ways to tell them apart:
    Crea-Te seeks to justify itself based on appealing to external or empirical validity of some kind; acc-Ti tends to justify itself based on the idea of being consistent and true to a given structure

Acc-Fi/Crea-Fe
    Why they appear similar: Both often tend towards a more subtle use of emotion than acc-Fe. Both can create a quality of a sort of "deep compassion."

Ways to tell them apart:
    Acc-Fi is much less changeable, tending towards firm moral positions. Crea-Fe is generally more varied in its manner of expression

Acc-Ni/Crea-Ne
    Why they appear similar: Both create the impression of an imaginative, flowing existence and a rich "inner world."

Ways to tell them apart:
    Crea-Ne is more keen to impress with varied ideation, and tends to involve imaginations of various "states" whereas acc-Ni is more inclined to imagine actions and is focused more on shaping the imaginative landscape in a certain direction through time.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From personal experience, I must say you're on to something. Obviously I'm only talking about the last two distinctions!
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very good. People should try to learn from it. (But, as usual, they won't.)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This work has already been well done by Smilingeyes, but more meat to eat is always good, as long as it doesn't clutter our blood vessels.

(wtf? lol)

People should try to learn from it. (But, as usual, they won't.)
    I doubt humanity would have progressed this far if people never learned from the past.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit