Thread: Lara Fabian

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Lara Fabian

This is the singer whose performances I used in my other thread about Fe in General Discussion. I have since become curious about her type - I didn't know much about her before except that I liked what I had heard and seen of her singing. So I found as many videos of her speaking in English that I could (evidently she's had most of her career in France so most of the available material is in that language).

A Norwegian interview, but she talks in English:

An interview in Portugal, but both the interviewer and Lara speak in English (sorry, it seems you have to click on the link to see the video):
    http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x2ylut&v3=1&related=0

This is all in French (I think), but it shows her interacting with fans off the stage:

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by silke; 12-28-2014 at 08:43 AM. Reason: updated videos
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFj. Other than that I might say some other IJ type. She definitely seems IJ in comparison to Craig Kilborn, e.g. "I should have never said that." I think INTj is plausible, but she seems Aristocratic: "I'm kind of a mix-up." IME this is a common Delta theme, ethnicity and national origins.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's a lot more... active and expressive than I am. I mean, I could fake that energy for awhile, but she does it for a living.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESFj
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    ESFj
    I agree that she is Fe dominant. That's pretty strong. But I'm leaning a lil` more toward ENFj for her than ESFj. Her secondary fcn isn't as clear as her first.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The video with her fans is indeed in French, but what they say doesn't add any information.

As for her type: I really can't see INFj, I think she's ENFj. She spontaneously says in the Norwegian interview, "I have unconditional faith in the fire that animates my passion" - that's as ENFj as they come.

Also, in the beginning of that video, she makes fun of someone in her past who doubted her success, and she says "I wonder what he's doing now" -- again, ENFj >>>>> INFj. Se HA, not Se PoLR.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    The video with her fans is indeed in French, but what they say doesn't add any information.
    I put it in because you could see her just interacting with people, even if you couldn't understand what was being said. And, anyway, the situation was pretty obvious and didn't need much translating.

(Though I'm sure I've asked before, I forget - do you know/understand French?)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    (Though I'm sure I've asked before, I forget - do you know/understand French?)
    Yes, but not as well as English or a couple of other languages. I understand French when spoken clearly; I have no problem understanding, say, the videos of the Sarkozy/Royal debates; but I don't understand well song lyrics, for instance.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Yes, but not as well as English or a couple of other languages. I understand French when spoken clearly; I have no problem understanding, say, the videos of the Sarkozy/Royal debates; but I don't understand well song lyrics, for instance.
    How handy... So you could probably understand a French interview of hers.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could give it a try. However, it may be tricky since I have problem with the Quebecois accent.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't know how to differentiate between a good interview and an unhelpful one, though. Do the current videos seem enough?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think she consistently shows Fe and ENFj in particular.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How funny Minde. I posted a "What's My Type" thread about Nolwenn Leroy who is also a French pop singer and good friend of Lara Fabian. They were on Star Academy together ( to clarify Fabian was not competing, but she was singing with Nolwenn) and Fabian wrote at least one song for Nolwenn. Here it is:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x16...ent-clip_music

I have also wondered about Fabian's type. . . Do you know Nolwenn? If so, what type do you think she is ???

I have watched quite a bit of French pop singers and they all seem to express a lot of Fe, though this may be a cultural thing, and since my French is really bad, it is diffficult to really get a read on them.

Here is a video of the two singing live on Star Academy 2:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance...on-autre_music
    Last edited by Christy B; 02-19-2008 at 07:49 AM.
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Fe ego ..possibly ESE ...E2w3 so/sx. maybe that would explain why my LSI ex used to like her music when he was drowsy.