View Poll Results: Can Fi valuers like clubs?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 92.00%
  • No

2 8.00%

Thread: Can Fi valuers (not egos) like clubs?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Can Fi valuers like clubs?

Pounding music, lively, enthusiastic atmosphere and lots of pushing and shoving. I'd attribute it to Fe.

This is inspired by a situation yesterday. I was at a club with my IEE friend and two of his friends, one of which I think is Fe ego, another of which I think values Fe. They both enjoyed it, but my IEE friend hated it. Is it because he is Fi valuing, and simply doesn't enjoy that atmosphere? Or is it him as a person? Anyway, I want to know if Fi valuers can enjoy them.
    Last edited by Ezra; 02-18-2008 at 10:46 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the case of an IEE, I think the reason for disliking such an atmosphere would be more related to Si than to Fi.

I think the particular atmosphere you described has at least as much to do with Se as with Fe.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get your post. Can fi-valuers, but not in the ego block, like clubs, and then it's about an IEE. IEE have fi in the ego block. This doesn't make sense.

In my younger years, I loved clubs, until they got loud enough to give me a headache. If they weren't so loud and didn't have so many flashing lights, I would have loved them much more. So yes, what expat said, my problem would be Si related.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do Fi-valuers like clubs? Why not?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    yes.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone who values Fi could like clubs. However, I am an Fi-valuer who does not. I have an IEE friend who tolerates clubs, but usually the less-packed, lower key ones where he can interact with a whole bunch of friends, as well as meet new people. All the LSEs I know wouldn't be comfortable in that environment. Well, at least it wouldn't be their first choice at all. That's the extent of my knowledge. The only person outside of delta would be an SEE, and he enjoys himself pretty much in those situations.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    I don't get your post. Can fi-valuers, but not in the ego block, like clubs, and then it's about an IEE. IEE have fi in the ego block. This doesn't make sense.
    I think he's asking about any Fi-valuing type, not just (but still including) those with Fi in Ego

and my answer is... of course they can like clubs, but perhaps there is a tendency for Se and Fe valuing types to enjoy them more
    Last edited by hellothere; 02-16-2008 at 09:36 PM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way I see it, the most naturally Delta environment is the home. Clubs are pretty much the exact opposite. I get very weird mixed reactions to stuff like clubs - there is a ton of Se, but also a ton of Fe.

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Suomea; 10-15-2008 at 11:58 PM.
    Suomea

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    yes.
    Absolutely they can.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTPs generally love clubs when they are single. ESFPs love clubs, pretty much always. I'd say that then the irrational-positivist Fi-valuers love clubs (something actually rather predictable), whereas for the remaining part of the set there are mixed feelings, usually related to upbringing.

Elitist?
    Yes, especially some beta clubs.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    The way I see it, the most naturally Delta environment is the home. Clubs are pretty much the exact opposite. I get very weird mixed reactions to stuff like clubs - there is a ton of Se, but also a ton of Fe.
    Yes I think you pretty much nailed it.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(I only go to clubs if friends enjoy going to them)
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FTR & FWIW, I'm not particularly disturbed by such club atmospheres -- I just see them as sort of pointless if the pounding music actually prevents people from talking to each other. When I've been to clubs it was really more like a "concession" to whomever I was with. I much prefer pub-like places where you can talk, or the kind of "mixed" atmospheres where you can withdraw to a quieter corner. If the music is not so loud as to drown everything else, though, it's okay.

Creepy-Cyclops

Thought i'd chip in my 1p worth (using exchange rate to more or less converts from 2 cents) Usually i've only gone to clubs if others are going so it's either that or stay in. Once or twice i've went to a club i've enjoyed it more if I like the music and its not blasting my ears off. Preferred mode of interaction would be pub where we can have a seat and a proper chat.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    FTR & FWIW, I'm not particularly disturbed by such club atmospheres -- I just see them as sort of pointless if the pounding music actually prevents people from talking to each other. When I've been to clubs it was really more like a "concession" to whomever I was with. I much prefer pub-like places where you can talk, or the kind of "mixed" atmospheres where you can withdraw to a quieter corner. If the music is not so loud as to drown everything else, though, it's okay.
    ::Nods:: A nice quiet pub with good friends, food, and drink.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

In the case of an IEE, I think the reason for disliking such an atmosphere would be more related to Si than to Fi.

I think the particular atmosphere you described has at least as much to do with Se as with Fe.

That makes sense. I'm an INTj, so I value Fe but have an Se POLR. I don't like clubs because of all the noise and crowds.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stereotyped hyperboles of natural Quadra habitats it would probably be:
    A) Alpha: Restaurants
    B) Beta: Parties and Clubs
    C) Gamma: Offices and Work
    D) Delta: Home
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    look at ESFPs lol
    Stereotyped hyperboles of entire quadras.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, he did say "I just hate the whole aesthetics of it; the way people just go 'ooh, look at me, I waste my money on going out and getting drunk every Friday night. I can chat people up and because I am so alcohol-intoxicated I have confidence now...'" as well as "I was hoping for something a bit more cultured, with interesting people to interact with".

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    Right, in short, Fi ego and valuers. Do they like clubs? That is what I want to know. Sorry, it was horrifically confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    I have an IEE friend who tolerates clubs, but usually the less-packed, lower key ones where he can interact with a whole bunch of friends, as well as meet new people.
    This is essentially what my IEE friend was looking for was a bunch of interesting people to meet and talk to.

The whole point of clubs is what a lot of people don't get. It's not to talk to people, or even meet new people. You go to one to drink (and get drunk), flirt (including pulling someone and getting their number) and dance, with perhaps the occasional "heyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!! I haven't seen you for time!!!!!" chance meeting with an old friend, or with some drunk from your course at uni. If you don't enjoy this atmosphere, does this indicate that you cannot be Fi valuing or ego? This is the question I'm essentially posing.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    The whole point of clubs is what a lot of people don't get. It's not to talk to people, or even meet new people. You go to one to drink (and get drunk), flirt (including pulling someone and getting their number) and dance, with perhaps the occasional "heyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!! I haven't seen you for time!!!!!" chance meeting with an old friend, or with some drunk from your course at uni. If you don't enjoy this atmosphere, does this indicate that you cannot be Fi valuing or ego? This is the question I'm essentially posing.
    The answer is: you can be Fi valuing and like this atmosphere. End.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do get that point of clubs, but again it's not my cup of tea. And if you have strong enough Se and/or Fe, I think you may enjoy it, regardless of your Fi, as in SEEs. In my own case, it's probably the Fe (not having much time for sequential flirting in a crowded environment) and not so much the Se.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    The answer is: you can be Fi valuing and like this atmosphere. End.
    Yes thats right. I throw a spanner in the works here because i quite like club atmosphere. I dont mind the lights and music and hordes of people. Very interesting environment. I wouldn't go all the time however. To be honest for me at the moment it goes Light club > pub > home. Clubs get my senses pumping and im less likely to get bored.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    Yes thats right. I throw a spanner in the works here because i quite like club atmosphere. I dont mind the lights and music and hordes of people. Very interesting environment. I wouldn't go all the time however. To be honest for me at the moment it goes Light club > pub > home. Clubs get my senses pumping and im less likely to get bored.
    For me, it depends on many things - how I am feeling at the moment, how tired I am, what I have to do the next day (let's face it you can't club properly and be okay the next day!). Yes they are energizing to the senses, that is the best thing about them. The worst are sweaty half-naked males (although I suppose I contribute to their population sometimes, lol).

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pounding music, lively, enthusiastic atmosphere and lots of pushing and shoving. I'd attribute it to Fe.

This is inspired by a situation yesterday. I was at a club with my IEE friend and two of his friends, one of which I think is Fe ego, another of which I think values Fe. They both enjoyed it, but my IEE friend hated it. Is it because he is Fi valuing, and simply doesn't enjoy that atmosphere? Or is it him as a person? Anyway, I want to know if Fi valuers can enjoy them.
    My first thought was : HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN ABOUT SEEs? !! The ultimate club-goers lol!

ETA: I do agree that what you first described in your post and generally your question itself is Beta-oriented...

I tend to adore that type of rowdiness, and I don't mind the drunkenness, it's hilariously fun. I mean, there's a time for deep intellectual talk, getting to know someone, etc. and there's a time for all-out craziness without worry about deeper bonding and whatnot. Actually, sometimes I feel even more bonded to people if I go out partying with them b/c so many random things happen and you just feel like you've shared something together. I think that's definitely an valuing thing to say, though.

I like my experiences intense, not relaxing. I even think sleeping's a waste of time. I do think that PoLR people would avoid clubs a lot. It's the playground for Ego types, so I don't expect to see LIIs/EIIs cavorting around there anytime soon. I once made an LII go to a rave. Needless to say, he was not very um, comfortable.

Lights, bodies packed together, collective ... awesome
    Last edited by ScarlettLux; 04-06-2008 at 01:28 PM.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    I tend to adore that type of rowdiness, and I don't mind the drunkenness, it's hilariously fun. I mean, there's a time for deep intellectual talk, getting to know someone, etc. and there's a time for all-out craziness without worry about deeper bonding and whatnot. Actually, sometimes I feel even more bonded to people if I go out partying with them b/c so many random things happen and you just feel like you've shared something together. I think that's definitely an valuing thing to say, though.

I like my experiences intense, not relaxing. I even think sleeping's a waste of time. I do think that PoLR people would avoid clubs a lot. It's the playground for Ego types, so I don't expect to see LIIs/EIIs cavorting around there anytime soon. I once made an LII go to a rave. Needless to say, he was not very um, comfortable.

Lights, bodies packed together, collective ... awesome
    I despise this.

ETA: Everything you've said here is contrary to what I think about clubs, experiences and life in general.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was 17-18, clubs were a new thing for me (obviously).
    But by 19 I learned that I was pretty picky about the kind of atmosphere I wanted to dance in. I don't like the pounding music, particularly those that have virtually the same beat over and over and over again. I don't like not being able to talk with someone. I don't like the meat-market feeling of some clubs…particularly college oriented ones. I don't like the crowdedness nor the stifling heat from all those bodies.

What I do like, however, are live bands in a small to medium bar with a dance floor surrounded by sitting/eating areas. I like having space to play pool/darts if that's what I want to do. And being able to carry on a conversation (just don't stand next to the band's speakers, heh) without straining my voice. I like that in some of them (the ones I like) there are a variety of people, age differences, lifestyle differences, etc, and everyone is accepting everyone else..at least for a few hours. I mean, depending on the band playing, you can have bikers and yuppies sitting/dancing next/with each other. If you're alone or without a "date", you can pretty much ask anyone to join you without them thinking you are trying to pick them up. It seems understood that you're just there to have fun. Sure, some people are there hoping to pick someone up for the night. But you're not asked "then why the fuck are you here???" if you inform them that you're not interested in that. There's usually less people (though some bands bring in "crushes"..standing room only). And more options. (I don't like sitting around on my butt drinking from a glass/bottle when I'd rather be moving around DOING something.) And if you want to go out for a breath of fresh air, you can…without worrying about not being able to get back in (no lines, stamps for admittance, etc).

When I lived in california, I willingly traveled 30 minutes to go to one particular bar, it was a bar that was out in the middle of nowhere. But they had such a huge variety of bands (Thursday nights was heavy metal bands, Wednesday nights was Country night, Weekends were Rock-n Roll…anywhere from 50's, 60's, up to 90's, etc). And a variety of patrons. It was the only bar I'd go to for dancing.

In utah I had to travel to a little whole in the wall, but it was the only hole in the wall in three counties that was actually fun to be in and met my requirements.

Same thing with here. Out of the numerous clubs/bars around here, there's only one that I'm willing to go to, even with having to travel 30+ minutes to get to. And I even HATE driving at night!

*sigh* I just realized that this is over a month old thread.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

strobe lights + hip hop + smoke machines + alcohol = home
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate clubbing.

What I do like, however, are live bands in a small to medium bar with a dance floor surrounded by sitting/eating areas. I like having space to play pool/darts if that's what I want to do. And being able to carry on a conversation (just don't stand next to the band's speakers, heh) without straining my voice. I like that in some of them (the ones I like) there are a variety of people, age differences, lifestyle differences, etc, and everyone is accepting everyone else..at least for a few hours. I mean, depending on the band playing, you can have bikers and yuppies sitting/dancing next/with each other. If you're alone or without a "date", you can pretty much ask anyone to join you without them thinking you are trying to pick them up. It seems understood that you're just there to have fun. Sure, some people are there hoping to pick someone up for the night. But you're not asked "then why the fuck are you here???" if you inform them that you're not interested in that. There's usually less people (though some bands bring in "crushes"..standing room only). And more options. (I don't like sitting around on my butt drinking from a glass/bottle when I'd rather be moving around DOING something.) And if you want to go out for a breath of fresh air, you can…without worrying about not being able to get back in (no lines, stamps for admittance, etc).
    yes! exactly, except the moving around thing, i don't mind not moving around.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love tribal house. Dancing to it is heaven, because we don't need to listen to all this shit spewed out by clubs that love the top 40. So if I'm clubbing, I can only truly enjoy myself if the music they're playing is either tribal or dirty electro. Then I get into the spirit of it. There's none of these stupid drunken groups of people I have to put up with who go "WOAHHH-OH, WE'RE HALF WAY THERRRRRRRRRRRRRRE!!!!!!!!!!!! WOAAHHHH-OH!!! LIVIN' ON A PRAYYYYYYYYYYERRR!!!!!!!" or "AFTER ALL THAT WE'VE BEEN THROUGH, WHAT ELSE AM I SUPPOSED TO DO!? CAN'T FIND A REASON..." - it's just pure healing for the soul. It's a club that stays true to its roots; clubs are there for dancing in, not talking, not socialising, just getting that pure delicious vibe from everyone around you revelling in the music. It's a fantastic, euphoric feeling.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like clubs because:

I like to dance
    the lights are pretty
    it's fun to see if we meet anyone
    it's a new experience (assuming we're trying new clubs every time)

For that, I'm willing to put up with pushing through crowds, bathroom lines, wondering if so and so's friend can really get us in, $14 drinks, etc.

I don't really get this "pubs are better" thing. Pubs are boring. You just sit there are stare at the wall. Unless the company is fascinating, in which case location doesn't matter.

I'm actually not at all a homebody, but my beta roomates are.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    I like clubs because:

I like to dance
    the lights are pretty
    it's fun to see if we meet anyone
    it's a new experience (assuming we're trying new clubs every time)

For that, I'm willing to put up with pushing through crowds, bathroom lines, wondering if so and so's friend can really get us in, $14 drinks, etc.
    I don't know why anyone would ever pay that much for a drink. The most I paid was £7 (which I s'pose equates to $14), and that was for a high quality cocktail.

I don't really get this "pubs are better" thing. Pubs are boring. You just sit there are stare at the wall. Unless the company is fascinating, in which case location doesn't matter.
    As an IEE, you should know that the atmosphere of the pub is more akin to your style than a club is. It allows for you to sit back and relax with a nice refreshing drink. Meeting new company in clubs is soulless, whereas meeting up with people in pubs and bars and having discussions is far more rewarding.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I despise clubs because everything is always too garish and noisy, and even if I wanted to go, I can't because of my epilepsy. I dislike pubs too, and in the rare circumstances where I go to one, I drink coca cola with ice. I find them rather dingy places full of alcoholics.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh, clubs. Bleh.

My limited experience w/clubbing was during college, I suppose. My best friend, her boyfriend and whomever else he tended to bring along. Basically, I was going through a horrible breakup and just wanted out of the house on weekends. I used to like dancing, and having my friend around w/the bf prevented unwelcome pickup scenarios.

After college, I went through my "see many bands" phase and besides concert venues, frequented a couple of smallish bars with a friend or three when local bands played. That was my idea of nightlife.

Lights, noise, too much crush of people, smoking, yelling at the top of your lungs just to be heard, public drunken idiocy, I can't really handle. I get sensory overload too easily, so I prefer quiet ambience, good food, out of the way table and intimate conversation.

I guess I'm overall averse to strong environments.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    I despise clubs because everything is always too garish and noisy, and even if I wanted to go, I can't because of my epilepsy. I dislike pubs too, and in the rare circumstances where I go to one, I drink coca cola with ice. I find them rather dingy places full of alcoholics.
    Do you like bars?

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Do you like bars?
    I don't drink alcohol, and they tend to have appalling upholstery.